PDA

View Full Version : Halo Legends

PallElendro
2012-01-01, 03:31 PM
A compilation of several animes by several authors for the world of Halo.

About as canon as the grass in Halo, but it works.

darksolitaire
2012-01-02, 12:45 PM
Every story is canon except Odd One Out.

I have mixed feelings of Legends: as a halo fan I enjoyed it, but it's not something I could show to someone who is not a fan. Origins 1 & 2 are the best two anime of the Legends, and carry the Legends by themselves, but their story is hard to follow without knowing the universe. For example, Mendicant Bias is shown very briefly, and we see forerunner who I can only assume to be the Didact. The Babysitter and The Homecoming are pretty standard action packages, I found it bit artificial that both Spartans turned out to be women.

The Duel is pretty beautiful in it's art and stands out positively, but Sangheili mouths bothered me. They were probably animated the way they did to make then more humane. Sangheili=Samurai was known to the fans already.

I watched Dragon Ball when I was younger, so I recognized Odd One Out's studio instantly. Didn't really like that one. The Prototype was bit too sappy.

The package is another good piece of work, assuming you don't take it too seriously, and know that yeah, Spartans really are bad asses. Halsey's lines from the end were agonizing, still.