PDA

View Full Version : What classes get domains?

aza9999
2012-01-01, 05:53 PM
Apart from clerics, what other base classes natively (ie not through feats etc) get access to domain spell lists?

I know Shugenja get order spell lists which are similar, but i couldnt think of any other classes off the top of my head.

Secondary question - for classes that don't natively get access to domain spell lists, what ways are there for them to gain that - PrC's, feats, class variants etc?

Urpriest
2012-01-01, 06:10 PM
OA Shaman has domains, though IMO they're a different system, like Shugenjas.

Archivists can in principle access any divine spell, including domains, if they can find a scroll.

Othniel Edden
2012-01-01, 06:19 PM
In Pathfinder Druids(replacing animal companion) and Inquistors each get a single domain.

FMArthur
2012-01-01, 06:27 PM
Divine Crusaders are a fast-progression class that gets a single domain to cast from. You could combine it with Sovereign Seeker to get more, but it doesn't have a lot of spell slots anyway.

Urpriest
2012-01-01, 06:28 PM
Also, Adepts in Eberron get access to a Domain.

The Underlord
2012-01-01, 08:50 PM
Wizards have an ACF that gives them a domain.

Sdonourg
2012-01-01, 10:51 PM
Mystics get one domain.

dextercorvia
2012-01-01, 11:26 PM
Ardents and Divine Minds have Mantles which are similar to domains.

FMArthur
2012-01-01, 11:30 PM
Wizards have an ACF that gives them a domain.

Wizard domains from the UA variant aren't really the same as Cleric domains though. If they count by similarity of concept then you might as well add ardents as well, who are more focused on 'domains' than any other class really.

But there is the Domain Granted Power wizard ACF from Complete Champion that can get you the granted power of a domain, and the feat Arcane Disciple from Complete Divine can give you the actual spells of a domain, so wizards can emulate domain access. It just takes a little more work than just one ACF.

dextercorvia
2012-01-01, 11:39 PM
For your second question, some PrC's

Sovereign Speaker 8/10 divine casting, and gains a domain per level.

Contemplative 10/10 divine casting, domain at 1st and 6th.

Seeker of the Misty Isle 8/10 casting, Travel at 1st, Magic at 6th.

Divine Oracle 10/10 either casting, Oracle at 1st.

Church Inquisitor 10/10 divine casting, Inquisition at 1st

Warpriest 5/10 divine casting Glory or Domination at 1st

Rainbow Servant 10/10 (or 6/10) Arcane Casting, Good at 1st, Air at 4th, and Law at 7th

aza9999
2012-01-01, 11:49 PM
thanks for the replies all, i'll look through and see if any of those classes fit the character concept, thanks :)

DigoDragon
2012-01-02, 09:32 AM
I recall "Dragon Acolyte" in the Draconomicon gives you access to either Glory or Domination domain at 1st level.

Bloodgruve
2012-01-02, 12:27 PM
TL;DR

Sorry if these have been posted already.

Arcane Disciple (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-divine--56/arcane-disciple--92/) - Allows you to gain a domain spell list for arcane casters. Ask your DM about the Planar Domains (PHB II) which could possibly double the amount of domain spells.

Bloodline feats out of Dragon Magazine Compendium give you spell lists similar to domains.

Godsblood Spellthief feat (iirc) from a wizards web enhancement allows spellthieves to drop a stolen spell for a domain spell. Coupled with Master Spellthief for multiclassing.

This strays from the OP a bit but gives you a lot of options.Versatile Spellcaster (http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-the-dragon--83/versatile-spellcaster--3057/) + wizard 1 + main spontaneous casting class. A wizard can record any level spell in her book as long as the spellcraft check is made, the spell is then known. Drop spontaneous spells to versatile cast your wizard spells. Granted you'll have to dig up the spells for your book some how. I may have to ask about this in another post.

GL
Blood~