PDA

View Full Version : What Is A Gnome? Your Complete Guide to Gnomekind (W.I.P)

Rob Roy
2012-01-01, 11:08 PM
This post has been deleted.

Steckie
2012-01-04, 11:43 AM
If i'm reading your gnomish mythology correctly, the gnomes actually started the ongoing war between them and the kobolds? Well, either they or their gods did.
And it seems like their society is dominated by the results of that. Half of the holidays on the calendar are holidays about remembering the kobold wars.

A few questions about the conflict:
Is the war still going on?
Is it an official or unofficial war?
What was the effect of the gnomish civil war on their conflict with the kobolds?
Who leads the gnomish military? The (powerless) king or the 4 noble families? Or perhaps even somebody neutral in the court?

All in all, if i'm right and the gnomes started the war themselves it would be pretty interesting. The ancestors or gods of the gnomes screwed up and they are struggling in a neverending war because of that.

Steckie
2012-01-04, 02:34 PM
The gnomes see it as a preemptive strike, but yeah, the gnomes (or their gods at least) started the whole thing.

Nice, i like that.
It seems like a very grey and grey morality conflict.

The Bandicoot
2012-01-06, 11:02 AM
A small, lesser-known holiday celebrating a rather large and elaborate prank that Garl Glittergold pulled on someone? (Kobold god, gnome god, current king at the time, ect. ect.). It would be celebrated in a very similar fashion to modern-day April Fools Day.