PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Summoner Question

bartman
2012-01-02, 01:03 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to speed up the time it takes to summon your Eidolon? Specifically for the Synthesist, it sort of kills the fun when it takes 10 rounds to transform. I know about the Summon Eidolon spell, which would take it to a standard action, but that makes it vulnerable to Dispel Magic and Protection spells. Do you think that a homebrewed feat to make the summons a full round action, or better, would make me overpowered? The DM is amenable to homebrew, and 3.5/3.0 material on a case by case basis, so I would have to make my case to get it.

ExemplarofAvg
2012-01-02, 02:10 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to speed up the time it takes to summon your Eidolon? Specifically for the Synthesist, it sort of kills the fun when it takes 10 rounds to transform. I know about the Summon Eidolon spell, which would take it to a standard action, but that makes it vulnerable to Dispel Magic and Protection spells. Do you think that a homebrewed feat to make the summons a full round action, or better, would make me overpowered? The DM is amenable to homebrew, and 3.5/3.0 material on a case by case basis, so I would have to make my case to get it.

All I can think of is Synthesize before you need to. Since the Eidolon is there until it's reduced to 0 or fewer hit points just walk around with it all day. Alternatively, yeah a feat would be good. (Also weigh the possibility of your Eidolon being dispelled or protected against) if you feel the risk is too great and you're opposed to being synthesized for long periods of time, Homebrew something, if not, Summon prior, or spellcast it.