PDA

View Full Version : Epic Soul Eater

Morithias
2012-01-02, 10:15 PM
Is there an epic version of this class out there, or do I need to make it myself?

Edit: Soul eater is from the BOVD. It's the "unarmed/natural attack = energy drain" class.

motoko's ghost
2012-01-02, 10:16 PM
What else does the class need? you already have 2 negative levels on all your attacks and minion spawning.

EDIT: no, there isnt one.

Morithias
2012-01-02, 10:23 PM
What else does the class need? you already have 2 negative levels on all your attacks and minion spawning.

EDIT: no, there isnt one.

God dammit.

I don't know what exactly it needs, but if the campaign I'm in goes into epic levels I might end up taking it (I can't take any more levels in monk cause I multiclassed).

I guess just boosting the negative drains and improving the str/dex/con bonuses it gives you.

Urpriest
2012-01-02, 10:31 PM
There isn't one. General principle is to give it further progression of anything that happens more than once with a regular interval, and give it Epic bonus feats to make up for the rest. In this case, I'd do something like this:

Energy Drain increases, so it should continue to. You get Energy Drain 1 at 1st, Energy Drain 2 at 7th, so you should get Energy Drain 3 at 13th, and the amount should increase every six levels.

Soul Blast's save DC is based on Soul Eater level. Past level 10, it should increase by half Soul Eater level instead, as per the guidelines in the ELH.

It doesn't have any other abilities with dependence on level, so nothing else increases. Therefore, I'd give it a bonus epic feat every three levels, starting at 23. You'll have to dig around to find a suitable list.