PDA

View Full Version : [Eberron] Who would be present in a parade in Breland?

supermonkeyjoe
2012-01-03, 09:25 AM
In my next Eberron session there is due to be a grand parade in Wroat to mark the second anniversary of the last war ending, Trouble is I'm having trouble thinking of who or what would be present in the parade.

The only two definite features will be King Boranel and Prince Oargev of Cyre for plot reasons

I was thinking of various military units but was unsure if they would be appropriate.

Other than that, entertainers from house Phiarlan/Thuranni? Sone kind of Morgrave university marching band? I really am out of non-military ideas for this parade. Does anyone have any good general or Eberron-specific ideas or insight?

Kol Korran
2012-01-03, 10:26 AM
Lets think...

- there is bound to be some sort of representation for BReland most stout ally- Zilargo. perhaps a gnome unit, possibly with nifty war machines, perhaps some master illusionists showing off (using wands?)

- a unit or two of warrior dedicated to the Sovereing host and/ or their banner: either a special force of Dol Dorn/ Dol Arrah fighters and clergy, or perhaps even monks warrior monks showing impressive skills?

- Breland was known for it's power in artifice, so perhaps some sort of a machinations or contraption used in the war?

- perhaps some stage mimicking the floating fortress (forgot it's name)

- perhaps major mages, cavarly units, some heroes of some campaigns, representatives from units in the Darguun front, the Thrane-Aundait front, and the Droaam front.

that is for the parade itself, as to the famous representatives:
- you could have delegates from all countries, or perhaps even the kings themselves! king Kaius tried to bring the peace as much as Boranel, he might well be there. Jaela the keeper of the flame, or more likely one of the cardinals (Krozen?) might attend as well.

other than that, people of the senate/ whatever elective body they have (i forgot) should populate the place. i suggest reading the Breland chapter in The Five Nations for exact personel and ideas.

supermonkeyjoe
2012-01-03, 10:36 AM
I like those Ideas, especially about the gnome section, The trouble is I'm not sure how much of a military presence there should be, would it be a faux pas to parade your military to celebrate the end of the war?.

I was also planning on this being fairly Breland specific, the idea being that King Boranel had just returned from a tour of the other countries, the Cyran Prince is there because New Cyre is still part of Breland (which some Cyrans don't agree with and so intend to sabotage the parade).

Nerd-o-rama
2012-01-03, 12:32 PM
I like those Ideas, especially about the gnome section, The trouble is I'm not sure how much of a military presence there should be, would it be a faux pas to parade your military to celebrate the end of the war?.

Nations do it all the time in real life anyway. Only a few of them used, say, tanks and rockets though - mostly just soldiers in dress uniform marching to a military band.

Merrix d'Cannith might show up, as Cannith South is pretty tied to Breland and could probably stand some good relations with New Cyre as well.

Famous adventurers (as in, people well known for going spelunking in Xen'drik) might make an appearance.

And remember, Boranel has like six kids. They and a few important ministers would round out a royal party nicely, especially if you're providing villains the opportunity for an assassination attempt.