PDA

View Full Version : Quote Based Homebrew (3.5 Random Idea, PEACH) [Requests Temporarily Closed]

GFawkes
2012-01-03, 03:44 PM
OK, this is an idea I've been mulling over for a month or so now, and I've come to the conclusion to do it.

You, yes you in the playground, give me a quote, and I'll create a piece of homebrew around it. It will most likely be a feat or PrC, but every so often I might be able to make a Base Class.

Example:
Quote:"No rest for the wicked."
Homebrew:
The Wicked (PrC)
Requirements:
Alignment: non-good
BAB: +5
Special: Must have successfully evaded capture by the law at least once

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Determination +2
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Can't Slow Down, Can't Hold Back
3|+2|+1|+3|+3|Determination +4
4|+3|+1|+4|+4|Ain't No Rest
5|+3|+1|+4|+4|Until I Close My Eyes For Good, Determination +6[/table]

Determination (Ex): A Wicked is steadfast in the belief that they are doing what they must. All Wicked gain a bonus of +2 against charms, compulsions, and any other magic that would prevent them from doing what they believe they need to do (such as a teleportation spell away from where they want to be). This bonus improves at every odd numbered level.

Can't Slow Down (Ex): Starting at level 2, a Wicked becomes more resistant to impediment. He no longer takes a penalty to his speed for encumbrance or armor, and is immune to the effects of slow spells. However, he still slows down due to terrain.

Can't Hold Back (Ex): At level 2, a Wicked is going all out. He can no longer choose to deal non-lethal damage when he has the choice, and is required to attempt to deal lethal damage when using a weapon that normally deals non-lethal damage. He also may not willingly lower his spell resistance, if any.

Ain't No Rest (Ex): When a Wicked reaches level 4, he no longer needs to sleep, or trance in the case of elves and other similar creatures. However, spellcasters still need eight hours of restful activity to prepare spells again.

Until I Close My Eyes For Good (Ex): At the end of the class, a Wicked is more determined than ever to do what he needs. He is immune to sleep spells, fatigue, and exhaustion. He also can not close his eyes. This results in a -4 on any saves against gaze attacks. Any bonus forms of sight (blindsight, low light vision, darkvision, etc.) double in range (in the case of low light vision, remember that two doublings is a tripling). When a Wicked of 5th level dies, he gains a 1 minute bubble where he can make a dying soliloquy, after which his eyes close.

To Do List
"I don't fear death. But dying scares the crap out of me" - Someone famous, don't remember

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

"Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town."
-George Carlin

"Don't mess with me, i've got a monkey on my back!"

"I AM A MAN!"

"My name is sue! how do you do!? now your gunna die!"

"I was FROZEN today!"

"And now, let it never have begun"

"i'm TOTALLY gunna pee on this thing!"

"I told you about stairs bro! i told you dog!"

"well MY ship is trailing MINES!"-captain from galaxy quest

"In order to fly, all one must do is simply miss the ground."

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

"Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives."

"I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano; A stage where every man must play a part, And mine is a sad one."

"Enlightened people seldom or never possess a sense of responsibility."

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."

"Learn about art, Captain. When you understand a species' art, you understand that species." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

"Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down." -V, OOTS #107

Been Done List

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12470557&postcount=9)
"I am a Shadow...The True Self!" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12470058&postcount=4)
"The world can only have peace when those in authority have absolute power." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12470058&postcount=4)
"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12470660&postcount=11)
"The Cake is a Lie" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12472783&postcount=16)
"Whoever is winning at the moment will always seem to be invincible." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12478392&postcount=20)
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12482434&postcount=27)
"Hatred detected! Fire the orbital friendship cannon!" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12489234&postcount=32)
"I prepared explosive runes this morning." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12494302&postcount=35)
"'Mad Science' means never stopping to ask 'what's the worst thing that could happen?'" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12498912&postcount=36)
"... i need a towel..." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12510613&postcount=39)
"I'm just here to watch." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12510157&postcount=37) by Vknight

Planned Things:

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-03, 03:51 PM
Nice! This is definitely a good idea! Okay, let's see if you're serious though.

*cracks my knuckles*

"I am a Shadow...The True Self!" - Persona 4

"The world can only have peace when those in authority have absolute power." - BlazBlue Continuum Shift

"I don't fear death. But dying scares the crap out of me" - Someone famous, don't remember

General Patton
2012-01-03, 03:52 PM
Nice Gordon Freemane avatar.

GFawkes
2012-01-03, 04:23 PM
Let's see what I can do here...

*puts on Homebrewer's Hat (+10 on Homebrew checks, may Take 10 at any time. Taking 20 takes half as long.)*

I'll try to fill each out fully, but if I don't, I'll come back to it later.

"I am a Shadow...The True Self!" - Persona 4

Shadowsoul
Stealth Based PrC that becomes Outsider(Native) and overlaps with Monk
Requirements
BAB: +4
Skills: Move Silently 10 Ranks, Hide 10 Ranks
Special: Must have willingly and knowingly visited the Plane of Shadow

HD: d6
Skills: (6 + INT Modifier per level) Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Slight of Hand, Tumble, Use Rope
1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Hide in Plain Sight, Darkvision 30 ft, Monk Synergy
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Defending Darkness
3|+2|+1|+3|+3|Shadowslip I, Call the Darkness
4|+3|+1|+4|+4|Deeper Shades
5|+3|+1|+4|+4|Darkvision 60 ft
6|+4|+2|+5|+5|Shadowslip II
7|+5|+2|+5|+5|Empowered Shadows
8|+6/+1|+2|+6|+6|Duality of Light and Dark
9|+6/+1|+3|+6|+6|Shadowslip III, Pierce the Darkness
10|+7/+2|+3|+7|+7|Shadow Incarnate[/table]

Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): A Shadowsoul can make a Hide check even while being observed. She must be at least partially in the shade while doing so, however.

Darkvision (Ex): A Shadowsoul can see through the darkness better than others of her race. She gains darkvision out to 30 ft, or her existing darkvision improves by 30 ft.

Monk Synergy: A Shadowsoul can multiclass with monk with no penalty. Additionally, taking levels of shadowsoul does not restrict going back to monk.

Defending Darkness: At 2nd level, the shadows of the world begin to creep through the shadowsoul. Whenever a shadowsoul is at least 50% in darkness, she gains a Deflection Bonus to her AC equal to half her class level.

Shadowslip (Sp): A Shadowsoul learns to move to the Plane of Shadow to quickly and, more importantly, quietly from place to place. This has several levels to it.
Shadowslip I: A Shadowsoul of at least 3rd level can traverse quickly in her local area. She can move to any shadow she can see, provided that she is also in the shadows. This does not work with shadows seen through divinations.
Shadowslip II: A Shadowsoul of at least 6th level learns to make larger jumps through the Plane of Shadows, though she still cannot remain there. She can go to any location she has been to before, even if she cannot see it. However, the shadows she remembers have changed, and she doesn't arrive exactly where she wants to, but instead within 100 ft of it. If there are no shadows within 100 ft, she cannot go there through Shadowslip.
Shadowslip III: At 9th level, a Shadowsoul can travel to the Plane of Shadow, as well as any plane it touches, through Shadowslip. She may also bring up to 1 creature of her size per class level. If the creature is unwilling, they get a Will Save with a DC of (Shadowsoul Class Level + CHA Modifier + 7)

Call the Darkness (Sp): At level 3, a shadowsoul can manifest shadows as creatures. (3 + CHA Modifier) times per day, she can summon a 50% real creature from the summon nature's ally V list. Her caster level is equal to her Shadowsoul level + her base CHA Modifier.

Deeper Shades (Su): At 4th level, a Shadowsoul can command even mundane shade into helping her. As a move action once every 1d4 rounds, she can command the shadows nearby to blind a single target. This has a DC 10 + Shadowsoul level Will Save.

Empowered Shadows (Ex): At level 7, a Shadowsoul can call from further into the Plane of Shadow to aid her. Creatures created by her Call the Darkness ability are now 90% real, and any spells she casts that have the [darkness] tag and create an effect (such as shadow evocation) are now 50% more effective (if it would normally be 40% real, it is now 60%). This ability cannot make something more that 100% real.

Duality of Light and Dark (Ex): The shadows permeating her body have now permanently affected the Shadowsoul. At level 8, at the start of each day, a Shadowsoul can choose which energy to be healed by, positive or negative, and which to be harmed by. Even if she is hit by the harmful choice, she only takes half as much damage as usual.

Pierce the Darkness (Ex): Starting at level 9, a Shadowsoul's darkvision can see through even magical darkness. Additionally, it is now full color.

Shadow Incarnate (Ex): Once a Shadowsoul reaches level 10, she has irrevocably become one with shadows. Her type changes to Outsider(Native) for the purpose of spells and magical effects. She gains Spell Resistance 29, and Damage Reduction 5/Magic. Unlike other outsiders, she can still be raised if she dies.

"The world can only have peace when those in authority have absolute power." - BlazBlue Continuum Shift
Authoritarian (Tactical) (Feat)
Prerequisites: CHA 19, INT 15, Intimidate 12 Ranks, Perform (Oratory) 12 Ranks, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) 6 Ranks
Effects: You know that the common folk have no ability to manage anything beyond the kitchen sink, and even that's a little iffy. This grants several abilities:
Quell: You can calm massive numbers of unruly peasants at once. This works as a mass calm emotions effect, with a few modifications. Firstly, it requires around 10 minutes of being able to talk to the entire group. This is a Perform (Oratory) check which receives a bonus equal to your Intelligence modifier. The crowd as a whole makes a Will Save, with a bonus of +1/10 people in the group (DC is your Perform check). If they fail, they are immediately calmed and will disperse. If the check succeeds, then they are unaffected and cannot be affected by any other quell attempt for 24 hours.
Puppeteering: You work best indirectly. This is a multi-step ability. First, you meet with the person you want to become your puppet. You must share at least 1 language with them. Next, make an Intimidate check opposed by their Sense Motive. See the tables below for modifications to these rolls. If you succeed, you may implant a number of suggestions in them equal to your CHA modifier. If they succeed, they are unfazed, and are more than likely angry at you. You may use this ability a total of 3 times per day, and can have a total of puppets equal to your HD + CHA Modifier.

Associate of Nerull
Combat PrC that gets bonuses with and against Death Effects

Balance Shifter
Social PrC that excels at large scale attitude change

Pyromancer999
2012-01-03, 04:35 PM
"Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town."
-George Carlin

Draconi Redfir
2012-01-03, 05:05 PM
"Don't mess with me, i've got a monkey on my back!"

"I AM A MAN!"

"i used to be an adventurer like you, but then i took an arrow in the knee."

"My name is sue! how do you do!? now your gunna die!"

"I was FROZEN today!"

"And now, let it never have begun"

"i'm TOTALLY gunna pee on this thing!"

"I told you about stairs bro! i told you dog!"

"... i need a towel..."

"Hatred detected! Fire the orbital friendship cannon!"

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!!"

Just a few :smalltongue:

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-03, 05:07 PM
Second the Sexy Shoeless God of War. That needs to be a class already. Prerequisites: Rage, Track, Endurance, Two-Weapon Fighting, Halfling. Bam.

bobthe6th
2012-01-03, 05:41 PM
"well MY ship is trailing MINES!"-captain from galaxy quest...

GFawkes
2012-01-03, 06:05 PM
OK, Shadowsoul and Authoritarian are done for now. And I am now busy for the next week or so making all this homebrew.

Here's an easy one:

Sexy Shoeless God of War
Requirements:
BAB: +8
Feats: Track, Two Weapon Fighting, Endurance, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Race: Halfling
Special: Rage 2/day
Special: Must have participated in a large battle (10+ combatants on all sides) without wearing shoes and have won

HD: d10
Skills: (2+INT Modifier per level) Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Anatomy), Ride, Profession, Swim
1|+1|+2|+0|+0|Shoeless, Overwhelmed Might
2|+2|+3|+0|+0|
3|+3|+3|+1|+1|Sexy
4|+4|+4|+1|+1|
5|+5|+4|+1|+1|GOD OF WAR[/table]

Shoeless: Upon taking a level in the SSGoW class, you are forevermore unable to wear shoes or any other footgear. If you attempt to do so, the shoes disintigrate, as the spell, and you must atone before taking more levels in the class

Overwhelmed Might (Ex): Starting at level 1, you gain a bonus when you are severely outnumbered. When you are flanked by at least 5 different creatures, you gain a bonus equal to twice your SSGoW level to melee attack and damage rolls.

Sexy (Ex): None can resist a SSGoW. First, you use the absolute value of your CHA modifier when attempting to seduce. Second, you add your character level on all such rolls.

GOD OF WAR (Ex): At 5th level, you are the model of excellence on the battlefield. All who say otherwise are now missing their trachea. You gain an additional attack at your highest base attack bonus each round, even if you don't make a full attack. When dual wielding, there is no longer a penalty for dual wielding. Other penalties, such as not being proficient, still apply.

thedarkstone
2012-01-03, 06:07 PM
"In order to fly, all one must do is simply miss the ground."

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

"Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives."

"I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano; A stage where every man must play a part, And mine is a sad one."

"Enlightened people seldom or never possess a sense of responsibility."

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."

"Whoever is winning at the moment will always seem to be invincible."

...I like George Orwell quotes.

GFawkes
2012-01-03, 06:24 PM
Dreamkiller Bow
200,000 gp

This +4 Composite Longbow automatically adjusts to the strength of whoever wields it. Additionally, on a critical hit, in addition to damage, the arrow dives straight into the patella. This forces a DC 40 Fortitude Save or the following effects happen:
The target's speed is halved for 2d4 weeks
The target can no longer adventure
The next time the target applies to be a guard, he is automatically accepted

Spells needed to craft: True Strike, Crushing Despair

Morcleon
2012-01-03, 06:26 PM
"Learn about art, Captain. When you understand a species' art, you understand that species." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

"'Mad Science' means never stopping to ask 'what's the worst thing that could happen?'" -Maxim 14, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down." -V, OOTS #107

The Witch-King
2012-01-03, 06:29 PM
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Howler Dagger
2012-01-03, 06:29 PM
"I prepared explosive runes this morning"-exactly who you think it was

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then took an arrow to the knee"-Skyrim
"The Cake is a Lie"-Portal.

Morcleon
2012-01-03, 06:32 PM
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then took an arrow to the knee"-Skyrim

Already done... :P

GFawkes
2012-01-04, 01:45 AM
Delicious Promise
Enchantment (Compulsion) [evil]
Sor/Wiz 7
V, S, F
Range: Short
Target: A single creature
Effect: The promise of a pastry
Duration: See Text
Saving Throw: Will Negate
SR: No

This particularly cruel spell creates the promise in the target's mind that there will be cake. However, to receive this cake, the target must first complete a series of tasks set by the caster. Up to 19 tasks can be set, and they are set as the previous one is completed. The target must somehow signal to the caster that the task has been completed. When all tasks are completed, the target then returns to the caster for the promised cake. However, at this point, the caster has usually managed to kill the target by then.

The spell ends under three circumstances:
1. The target dies.
2. The candle on the focus cake is extinguished.
3. The caster unsuccessfully tries to kill the target. In this circumstance, the caster makes a Bluff check (DC is the amount of damage the target has suffered since the spell was first cast). If this succeeds, the spell is not broken. If it fails, the spell effect ends.

Focus: A Black Forest Cake with a single mundane candle on it. This candle is lit when the spell is cast. The cake itself must have been baked by the caster.

Lyndworm
2012-01-04, 05:11 AM
I've gotta say, I'm absolutely loving this project. Especially the Cage the Elephant reference.

You seem to have this under control, but would you mind a little friendly critique? I noticed you didn't have a PEACH sitting up top. Again, these are all awesome as it stands, but it's always possible a second (or third, or so on) set of eyes might bring something extra to the table.

Either way, keep on rocking, man. :smallbiggrin:

Vknight
2012-01-04, 05:59 AM
"Your fat but I'm honestly scarred you can catch up with me"
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
"Death had to come for him sleeping for otherwise there would have been a fight"
"Speak loudly and enjoy life"
"I'm just here to watch"
"Courage is what it take to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen"
"I sell escapism"
"If we weren't all crazy, we'd just go insane"
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas"
"Hide behind the mound of dead bards"

Here you go and this looks awesome

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-04, 06:31 AM
I've thought of trying something like this before. Then I woke up and realized I'm not very good at homebrewing and shouldn't push it.

I wonder if this is doable with whole songs? NeoSeraphi has done a couple of songs as homebrew, and I've heard a few that could be made into interesting homebrew.

And I second the motion for "My name is Sue! How do you do? Now you gonna die!" :smallbiggrin:

Looks like good stuff. I look forward to whatever else you create. :smallsmile:

GFawkes
2012-01-05, 02:49 AM
Updated thread to allow for PEACH-ing

Power of Victory
Requirements: STR 19, Damage Reduction, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave
Effect: When you drop (kill or otherwise incapacitate) more than 3 enemies in a single round, you gain DR 10/- until your next turn.
Special: A fighter may select this as one of his bonus feats

absolmorph
2012-01-05, 03:03 AM
I noticed that Delicious Promise doesn't have anything saying that the target will actually want the cake...

Demons_eye
2012-01-05, 01:40 PM
OK, Shadowsoul and Authoritarian are done for now. And I am now busy for the next week or so making all this homebrew.

Here's an easy one:

Sexy Shoeless God of War
Requirements:
BAB: +8
Feats: Track, Two Weapon Fighting, Endurance, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Race: Halfling
Special: Rage 2/day
Special: Must have participated in a large battle (10+ combatants on all sides) without wearing shoes and have won

Is that an oversight or....?

TravelLog
2012-01-05, 04:58 PM
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." --Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Milk was a bad choice!" --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore..." --Professor Hubert Farnsworth, Futurama

"I, Garland, will knock you all down!" --Garland, Final Fantasy

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-05, 06:35 PM
"I think I'll name it "Bob"." - Cale, from the movie Titan AE

Pyromancer999
2012-01-05, 06:36 PM
Doesn't this say it's not taking request for now?

absolmorph
2012-01-05, 07:10 PM
"I think I'll name it "Bob"." - Cale, from the movie Titan AE
I've always agreed that's a good name for a planet.

Doesn't this say it's not taking request for now?
It does, which is why I haven't tossed up any quotes.

GFawkes
2012-01-05, 09:00 PM
Visokineticist
Requirements:
Alignment: Any evil
Skills: Concentration 8 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Knowledge (Psionics) 2 ranks
Powers: Must be able to manifest the energy push power and either the telekinetic force or telekinetic thrust power.

HD: d8
Skills: (2 + INT Modifier per level) Climb, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Psionics), Psicraft
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Powers and Points
1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Force Bolt|+1 Existing Manifestation Class
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Imbuement of Force|+1 Existing Manifestation Class
3|+2|+1|+3|+3|Extended Bolt|+1 Existing Manifestation Class
4|+3|+1|+4|+4|Psionic Strangle|
5|+3|+1|+4|+4|Efficient Augment|+1 Existing Manifestation Class
6|+4|+2|+5|+5|Imposing Stride|+1 Existing Manifestation Class
7|+5|+2|+5|+5|Power Unnatural|+1 Existing Manifestation Class
8|+6|+2|+6|+6|Psionic Deflection|
9|+6|+3|+6|+6|Force Wave, Empowered Strangle|+1 Existing Manifestation Class
10|+7|+3|+7|+7|Unbound Reserves|+1 Existing Manifestation Class[/table]

Proficiencies: None

Powers and Points: At every level except 4th and 8th, a visokineticist gains additional powers known and power points as if he had gained a level in his previous manifesting class. If he had more than one such class, he must choose which to apply the gain to.

Force Bolt (Ps): A visokineticist can manifest a bolt of pure force and throw it at an enemy within 15 ft. This deals 1d10 of [force] damage, and bypasses both spell and power resistance.

Imbuement of Force (Ex): Starting at second level, a visokineticist can use force energy with his energy push power. This has no effect on the damage, but doubles the distance the target is pushed back and forces a minimum push of 5 ft, even if the target succeeds the Strength check.

Extended Bolt (Ex): At 3rd level, a visokineticist's Force Bolt now has a range of 60 ft.

Psionic Strangle (Ps): At level 4, a visokineticist can strangle an opponent at range. This deals 1d6 non-lethal damage per round as long as the visokineticist remains concentrating on it (manifester level = visokineticist level). This damage increases to 2d6 at level 9. Additionally, the target is considered grappled for the purposes of actions and movement (Use the visokineticist's level + manifester score modifier (INT for psions, CHA for wilders) + BAB for grapple modifier). The target does not get a size bonus to grapple checks to move while strangled.

Efficient Augment (Ex): Starting with the 5th level, a visokineticist pays only half as many power points to augment his energy push, telekinetic force, and telekinetic thrust powers.

Imposing Stride (Ps): When a visokineticist walks, people pay attention. At 6th level, when ever a visokineticist is psionically focused and moves more than 5 ft in a round, he forces all beings who witnessed him doing so to make a Will Save or begin cowering (DC = 10 + Visokineticist Level + Manifesting Ability Modifier).

Power Unnatural (Ps): At 7th level, whenever a visokineticist is in contact with another creature for more than 1 round, he begins to drain away their power to add to his own. Each round after the first, he drains away 1d6 + visokineticist level power points and adds that to his own pool up to his maximum. If the target has no power points, either by having an empty pool or not having a pool, 1 point of Intelligence is damaged instead. If the drain is still there after 24 hours, the target makes a Fortitude Save (DC = 15 + visokineticist level) or any remaining damage becomes ability drain.

Psionic Deflection (Ps): At 8th level or higher, as long as the visokineticist is psionically focused, he gains the benefit of the Deflect Arrows feat, and it also applies to immaterial projectiles (magic missles, lightning bolts, laser pistol shots, etc).

Force Wave (Ps): Starting at level 9, a visokineticist can affect all targets in a smallish area in front of him. As a standard action, he can manifest a wave of force that affects everything in a 45 ft cone originating from himself. This deals 2d8 bludgeoning damage to anything in the area, and pushes it back 3d6 x 5 ft unless it makes a DC (10 + visokineticist level + manifesting ability modifier) Reflex Save.

Unbound Reserves (Ex): At 10th level, a visokineticist can tap further into the powers of his mind than ever before. His power point pool increases by 25%.

GFawkes
2012-01-06, 02:51 PM
OK, an announcement on my plans for the future of this:

I'll try to pump out a minimum of five things a week, and I'll aim for one thing daily.

To be honest, some of these are harder than you'd think.

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-06, 03:47 PM
Visokineticist looks good, but I don't think I'd ever use it since as written it gets no increase to manifester level. Was that your intention? I'd recommend giving it at least half of its levels increases in ML at minimum, but really, I'd say the class could probably be a 9/10, with the dead ML being the tenth level. Other than that, it looks pretty cool.

The Witch-King
2012-01-06, 04:29 PM
Visokineticist
Requirements:
Alignment: Any evil
Skills: Concentration 8 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Knowledge (Psionics) 2 ranks
Powers: Must be able to manifest the energy push power and either the telekinetic force or telekinetic thrust power.

HD: d8
Skills: (2 + INT Modifier per level) Climb, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Psionics), Psicraft
1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Force Bolt
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Imbuement of Force
3|+2|+1|+3|+3|Extended Bolt
4|+3|+1|+4|+4|Psionic Strangle
5|+3|+1|+4|+4|Efficient Augment
6|+4|+2|+5|+5|Imposing Stride
7|+5|+2|+5|+5|Power Unnatural
8|+6|+2|+6|+6|Psionic Deflection
9|+6|+3|+6|+6|Force Wave, Empowered Strangle
10|+7|+3|+7|+7|Unbound Reserves[/table]

Proficiencies: None

Force Bolt (Ps): A visokineticist can manifest a bolt of pure force and throw it at an enemy within 15 ft. This deals 1d10 of [force] damage, and bypasses both spell and power resistance.

Imbuement of Force (Ex): Starting at second level, a visokineticist can use force energy with his energy push power. This has no effect on the damage, but doubles the distance the target is pushed back and forces a minimum push of 5 ft, even if the target succeeds the Strength check.

Extended Bolt (Ex): At 3rd level, a visokineticist's Force Bolt now has a range of 60 ft.

Psionic Strangle (Ps): At level 4, a visokineticist can strangle an opponent at range. This deals 1d6 non-lethal damage per round as long as the visokineticist remains concentrating on it (manifester level = visokineticist level). This damage increases to 2d6 at level 9. Additionally, the target is considered grappled for the purposes of actions and movement (Use the visokineticist's level + manifester score modifier (INT for psions, CHA for wilders) + BAB for grapple modifier). The target does not get a size bonus to grapple checks to move while strangled.

Efficient Augment (Ex): Starting with the 5th level, a visokineticist pays only half as many power points to augment his energy push, telekinetic force, and telekinetic thrust powers.

Imposing Stride (Ps): When a visokineticist walks, people pay attention. At 6th level, when ever a visokineticist is psionically focused and moves more than 5 ft in a round, he forces all beings who witnessed him doing so to make a Will Save or begin cowering (DC = 10 + Visokineticist Level + Manifesting Ability Modifier).

Power Unnatural (Ps): At 7th level, whenever a visokineticist is in contact with another creature for more than 1 round, he begins to drain away their power to add to his own. Each round after the first, he drains away 1d6 + visokineticist level power points and adds that to his own pool up to his maximum. If the target has no power points, either by having an empty pool or not having a pool, 1 point of Intelligence is damaged instead. If the drain is still there after 24 hours, the target makes a Fortitude Save (DC = 15 + visokineticist level) or any remaining damage becomes ability drain.

Psionic Deflection (Ps): At 8th level or higher, as long as the visokineticist is psionically focused, he gains the benefit of the Deflect Arrows feat, and it also applies to immaterial projectiles (magic missles, lightning bolts, laser pistol shots, etc).

Force Wave (Ps): Starting at level 9, a visokineticist can affect all targets in a smallish area in front of him. As a standard action, he can manifest a wave of force that affects everything in a 45 ft cone originating from himself. This deals 2d8 bludgeoning damage to anything in the area, and pushes it back 3d6 x 5 ft unless it makes a DC (10 + visokineticist level + manifesting ability modifier) Reflex Save.

Unbound Reserves (Ex): At 10th level, a visokineticist can tap further into the powers of his mind than ever before. His power point pool increases by 25%.

Nice work.

Morcleon
2012-01-06, 04:45 PM
Visokineticist looks good, but I don't think I'd ever use it since as written it gets no increase to manifester level. Was that your intention? I'd recommend giving it at least half of its levels increases in ML at minimum, but really, I'd say the class could probably be a 9/10, with the dead ML being the tenth level. Other than that, it looks pretty cool.

I'm thinking that Visokineticist is based off of the Pyrokineticist (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/pyrokineticist.htm) and variants. However, the fact that this class needs the ability to actually manifest powers rather than just having a power point makes me think that yes, you should probably give it at least a 5/10 ML progression.

GFawkes
2012-01-07, 01:51 AM
Updated the visokineticist to include psionic progression for powers and power points.

Hatred Vial
5,000 gp

This vial is said to contain pure essence of malice and hatred. The vial itself is made of a special material that prevents the contents from being detected. When thrown as a flask, the hatred escapes, and somewhere in the Celestial planes, some entity detects it. This causes a blast of pure good energy to hit anything within 25' of the broken vial to be affected by a variation of modify memory. If a being is hit by the beam and fails a DC 35 Will Save, it becomes Friendly to any creature it sees for 1d4 days. At this time, the creature may make another save with the same DC. If it fails again, the effects persist, and it may try again in another 1d4 days, and the cycle repeats. If it succeeds on the initial saving throw, the target is merely unaffected. This is an Enchantment [Mind Affecting] effect.

Spells needed to craft: nondetection, commune or contact other plane

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-07, 03:01 AM
Hatred Vial just totally made my day. Thank you. :smallbiggrin:

super dark33
2012-01-07, 06:30 AM
"dont cry over spilled milk"
"1 bird in your hand is better then 2 on a tree"
"If you will, its not a myth""

These are some nice quoets. two of them are from the same person.
you should use them.

GFawkes
2012-01-08, 04:39 AM
Explosive Scribe
Requirements:
Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 9 Ranks, Spellcraft 9 Ranks
Feats: At least 1 metamagic feat
Special: Able to prepare explosive runes without a spellbook

HD: d4
Skills: (2 + Intelligence Modifier per level) Concentration, Craft, Forgery, Knowledge (Arcana), Profession, Spellcraft, Spot
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting
1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Runefinding, Stronger Blast|
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Bigger Blast|+1 Level of Existing Class
3|+1|+1|+3|+3|Distant Tracing, Evasion|+1 Level of Existing Class
4|+2|+1|+4|+4|Special Preparation, Informing Blast|+1 Level of Existing Class
5|+2|+1|+4|+4|Efficient Runes|+1 Level of Existing Class[/table]

Proficiencies: An explosive scribe gains no proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At each level other than first, an explosive scribe gains spells per day and spells known as if he had gained a level in his previous spellcasting class. If he had more than one spellcasting class, he must choose which to increase.

Runefinding (Ex): An explosive scribe can find inscribed runes that will trigger a trap, such as explosive runes or sepia snake sigil. This takes a Knowledge (Arcana) check to find such runes on a surface, and a Spellcraft check to disarm them. Both DCs are equal to 25 + Spell Level.

Stronger Blast (Ex): An explosive scribe adds Xd6 to the damage done by his explosive runes, where X is her class level. This damage is unaffected by metamagic (Maximize Spell on explosive runes cast by a level 3 explosive scribe would result in 36 + 3d6 damage).

Bigger Blast (Ex): Wizard want Big Boom. When an explosive scribe of second level or higher casts explosive runes, the triggered blast covers an area twice as big as before (20 ft radius). This can be affected by Widen Spell, resulting in a final size of 40 ft.

Distant Tracing (Sp): At 3rd level, an explosive scribe can cast explosive runes at a distance. 3 times per day, she may spend a prepared explosive runes spell (or spell slot if he is a sorcerer) to place explosive runes on a surface that she could normally write on and is within 10 + (5 * class level) ft of himself.

Evasion (Ex): As the Rogue ability. You know why it's needed.

Special Preparation (Ex): At 4th level, an explosive scribe can prepare more runes than usual. He gets an extra spell slot of each level higher than 2nd, but she must use it to prepare explosive runes, with or without metamagic.

Informing Blast (Sp): When an explosive scribe of 4th level or higher has one of her explosive runes triggered, he immediately knows that it happened. By having it take up a spell slot of at least 3 levels higher, not including the one gained by Special Preparation, she can choose to know the race of the triggerer, and the number of creatures affected by the blast.

Efficient Runes (Ex): At level 5, whenever an explosive scribe applies metamagic to explosive runes, it takes 1 effective spell level less than usual, to a minimum of 1 spell level (Ex: Using Widen Spell takes only 2 extra levels, but Silent Spell still takes up a slot 1 level higher)

GFawkes
2012-01-09, 01:10 AM
Science Marches On
Prerequisites: Craft (Alchemy) 10 ranks, INT 17

Whenever you make a Craft (Alchemy) check, you can opt for it to take only a tenth as long (roll to check by gp, not sp). However, if you fail by 5 or more, something goes horribly wrong. The item will usually have the inverse effect, though the crafter doesn't know this. If the roll is a natural 1, it goes horribly right. The item is created as usual, but it works too well (An antitoxin may cause a point or two of CON damage, for example).

Vknight
2012-01-10, 10:08 PM
Love the stuff Fawkes and sorry for posting stuff what with you saying it was closed.
I kind of missed that.

Also

I'm Just Here to Watch
Requirements: Specialist in Divination, 9ranks of arcana, 9 ranks of spellcraft
Benefit: +2to the DC of divination spells & a target takes an additional -2to there save if you own a possession of larger size(A personall sword, a large amount of hair, a hand, a bottle of blood)

Think I got that right?

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-10, 10:18 PM
I believe that under Explosive Scribe's ability Distant Tracing, you meant to say "(or spell slot if he is a Sorcerer)", not "if he is a Wizard". Other than that, it looks good. I love it and would totally play it.

GFawkes
2012-01-10, 11:33 PM
Vknight, it's OK that you posted. Honestly, I didn't expect the requests to stop, just slow down. And thanks for aiding the effort. I'll mark it down as done on the list.

For everyone else,

Rosebrand Staff
50,000 gp

This +1/+1 ghost touch quarterstaff adds +2 to the DC of any spell cast while carried, and increases damage dice (if any) from spells by one category (1d4 goes to 1d6, 1d10 goes to d12, etc). However, when casting any spell, a DC 24 Concentration check is needed. If this fails, the caster and his allies are coated in a thick slime not unlike what happens when you leave an egg out too long. This has the effects of a tanglefoot bag plus a blinding effect.

Spells needed to Craft: grease

ScrambledBrains
2012-01-12, 05:12 PM
"Trust me. I don't pick fights I can't win"-Ephraim, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

GFawkes
2012-01-13, 02:08 AM
OK, I'm working on a Base Class right now, so it'll take a little longer. Here's what I've got so far

Savage Mage

Key Abilities: WIS to use Rejections and class abilities, CON for HP, DEX for AC

HD: d6
Skills: (4+INT Modifier per level, x4 at level 1) Balance, Climb, Concentration, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Rejections Known
1|+0|+2|+0|+2|Rejections (Least), Survivor, Armored Mage|1
2|+1|+3|+0|+3|Endurance|2
3|+2|+3|+1|+3|Track, Feral Instincts|3
4|+3|+4|+1|+4|Animal Companion|3
5|+3|+4|+1|+4||4
6|+4|+5|+2|+5|Rejections (Lesser)|5
7|+5|+5|+2|+5||6
8|+6/+1|+6|+2|+6|One Who Is All|6
9|+6/+1|+6|+3|+6||7
10|+7/+2|+7|+3|+7||8
11|+8/+3|+7|+3|+7||9
12|+9/+4|+8|+4|+8|Rejections (Greater)|9
13|+9/+4|+8|+4|+8||10
14|+10/+5|+9|+4|+9||11
15|+11/+6/+1|+9|+5|+9||12
16|+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10|One With All|12
17|+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10||13
18|+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+11|Rejections (Grand)|14
19|+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+11||15
20|+15/+10/+5|+12|+7|+12||15

Rejections (Sp): A Savage Mage can reject reality as it is, and alter it to better suit them. These are similar to a warlock's invocations in that they can be used any number of times per day. However, they are rarely offensive in nature. When a Saving Throw is needed, it is based off of Wisdom.

Least Rejections:
[spoiler]
Bountiful Wasteland: (ESL 1) A Savage Mage can find sustenance where, by all rights, there should be none. Bountiful Wasteland provides food and water for the Savage Mage for one day, though it will not appear directly in front of the Savage Mage. It will be something like a dying berry bush with a few fruit left.

Creature Call: (ESL 2) This Rejection summons an animal from the area to do a specific action, then leave as if nothing had happened. After the call goes out, the animal arrives in 1d4-1 rounds, performs a standard action, then leaves in the next round. The animal called must be native to the area

Lesser

Blood of Many: (ESL 4) While under the effects of this Rejection, a Savage Mage has the subtype of every humanoid (elf, orc, dragonblooded, etc) for the purposes of using magic items. Additionally, if he is struck by a bane weapon, he does not qualify for the extra damage from the bane property.

Great

Grand

Ingus
2012-01-16, 07:27 AM
This idea is terrific. I'm just trying to help, so feel free to dump this small contribution if you were thinking something better

"Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." -George Carlin

Lingering Mindscrew[Metamagic]
Prerequisite: Any other metamagic feat.
Benefit: Any fear or mind affecting spell affected by this feat has an unexpected, secondary effect. Any time the target avoids the effects of the spell by virtue of making the saving throw, he has to save again the following round against the same DC.
Moreover, any target immune to fear or mind affecting effects has to save anyway against the spell DC. Failure means that the target is no more immune to fear or mind affecting effects for 1 round per level of the spell affected by this feat. Spell Resistence applies to this effect weather the original spell allowed it or not.
A spell affected by this feat uses up a spell slot four levels higher than the spell's actual level.
Special: To affect a spell with this metamagic feat, the caster must not be immune to fear or mind affecting effects by any mean.

Brewer's note:
Circumvent Mind Blank or construct/undead mind affecting immunity is a great issue at higher levels. Being able to do so is a great improvement, potentially gamebreaking. It is, IMO, counterbalanced by the impossibility to defend against the same effects. Consider it when PEACHing ;)