PDA

View Full Version : GURPS My Little Pony (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

mikeejimbo
2012-01-03, 07:42 PM
The day in Ponyville began just like any other. The cheerful, bright and warm sun rose, bathing Equestria in its life-giving light. Unfortunately, the peace and serenity wouldn't last long, at least not for a select few.

One of the first ponies to break the calm was Ice Cream Cake, a little filly whom Rarity had been watching for the Cakes while they were out of town with Pinkie Pie at a pastry convention. She ran to Patchouli, knocking loudly and frantically on his door. "Mr. Patchouli, Mr. Patchouli!" she cried. "Rarity isn't waking up! I think she's sick!"

Elsewhere in town, Bon Bon's mother came to let her know that Bon Bon's young cousin - a spunky colt named Chocolate Cream - was also having difficulty waking up. Bon Bon passed on this concerning news to Lyra.

Spike the dragon, Twlight Sparkle's faithful assistant likewise ran out of the library in a panic, crying for help as Twlight was not waking up, and she is usually the one on a tight schedule!

As the news spread, it wouldn't be long before ponies who had caught wind of one of the apparently ill ponies had heard of the others, and realized that it was hardly a coincidence. Mayor Mare (on her umpteenth term) called a town meeting to try to get some answers - who all was unable to be roused, and did they show any other signs of illness?

Thus far, the ponies that were known to be afflicted were Rarity, Chocolate Cream, Twilight Sparkle, Gentle Mane (an older stallion who works as a carpenter), and Synergy (a young mare specializing in advertising).

(OOC: For those of you whose ponies don't have a friend or relative already afflicted, feel free to introduce one, or invent a previous relationship to any of the five who are currently known to have befallen this "illness". Or find another way to have a stake in the situation.)

ShadowySilence
2012-01-04, 06:20 PM
Ember had fallen asleep just after finishing up a piece he had been commissioned to make by his friend and client Gentle Mane. He woke up on the floor of his cave looking surprised, but he enjoyed the feel of the cool rock so he just lazed around for a little longer. After a short while he stood up, stretched, and opened the door to let the morning breeze in. He grabbed his goggles and satchel, and then placed the carpentry tool into the satchel for delivery.

He shot off into the sky feeling the wind rush past him, and as Ponyville came into view he looked to see what everypony was up too.

OOC:
I am unsure, if he is just doing a casual lookover of the town do I still do a PER roll? Also, if it does require a roll do I roll that or do you? :smallconfused:

mikeejimbo
2012-01-04, 08:43 PM
OOC on PerceptionYeah, a Perception roll would be valid here. You can roll it if you're looking at something like now. I would roll it to see if you noticed something you weren't on the lookout for.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-04, 10:19 PM
OOC:
PER Roll Vs. 12- [roll0]

Deadly
2012-01-05, 06:55 AM
Patch opened his door, trying to follow the frantic words of the young filly. "Calm down, little one, and tell me what's happening." Worried by the news, knowing that Rarity wouldn't sleep in when, as usual, she had plenty of work on her hoof that day, he followed the young Cake in a hurry back to Rarity's shop. Finding Rarity sleeping as the child had said, and unable to wake her up, his worry grew.

Checking first that she was still breathing normally and not in any immediate distress, he continued on to check for signs of poisoning or disease.

I assume she's still breathing and all, but if there's some obvious symptom like high temperature I'm thinking he'd notice without a roll, even if he won't know what the cause is. So rolls to see if he can tell anything specific.

+4 if scent would be involved in any of these checks.

Poisons vs. 12: [roll0]

Diagnosis (untrained) vs. 7: [roll1]

Perception vs 13: [roll2] I'm not sure if this falls under Diagnosis, but in case there's something like a tiny wound or or other clue, maybe an unusual scent given his special talent, that he might notice.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-05, 07:59 PM
Ember sees ponies running toward the middle of town, where a large group has gathered. Mayor Mare is at a podium facing a large gathering. He has not spotted Gentle Mane in the group.

Patch examines Rarity. She is indeed not in any immediate distress. For all the world she looks like she is just resting peacefully, serenely, and even gracefully. Closer examination reveals no cuts, bruises or abrasions. She does smell faintly of lavender, however.

Forum Explorer
2012-01-05, 08:25 PM
Finally finished my new book, going get me some apples. Firefly sang tunelessly as he flew towards the library. Seeing Spike run out of the library puzzles him for an instant but he dismisses it as being sent on another 'urgent errand' of Twilight's.

Firefly knocks on the door to the library politely before pushing his way in. Hello? Anypony home? He calls out when he doesn't see Twilight.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-05, 09:58 PM
Curious, Ember lands lightly near the congregation. He hadn't heard news of anything big going on in town today, so a meeting like this seemed a little strange to him. He listens patiently to whatever Mayor Mare might be saying, hoping to discover what is going on.

Zerkai
2012-01-05, 11:08 PM
Lyra let out a depressed sigh as she walked around the streets of Ponyville, the news that something was wrong with one of Bonbon's family had put the mint green unicorn in a funk. Her ears perked as she started hearing about other ponies who wouldn't wake up either, started to worry if this strange affliction was contagious.

Hearing of a meeting in the town square, she followed a group of ponies to the center of Ponyville. Looking around, she wondered if Bonbon her the news and would be in the crowd as well.

Perception vs 13 [roll0]

Deadly
2012-01-06, 07:03 AM
Would lavender be a regular scent for Rarity to wear? I imagine Patch would know her favorite perfumes and such.

Despite no signs of distress, the situation certainly worries Patch. Hearing Spike's cries on the street outside, he turned to the young Cake. "Stay here and watch over her. Call if anything happens. I need to see what is going on."

He gave Rarity a gentle stroke, "Stay safe, mother, until I get back," before leaving the boutique.

Seeing ponies flock to the town hall, he follows.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-06, 10:24 PM
Patch knows that Rarity occasionally wears a lavender scent, but typically only when she's going to a fancy event or has some other reason to wear a perfume.

Firefly gets no response. Looking further in the library he notices that Twilight is still asleep, the commotion still not rousing her.

Lyra indeed sees Bonbon in the crowd. She, Ember, and Patch arrive in time to hear the Mayor recapping the events so far - a few ponies seem to be sick, and unable to be woken. Normally they would ask Twilight Sparkle if she had any books on the subject, but according to Spike, who had reported to Mayor Mare, Twilight is among the ill.

Istari
2012-01-06, 11:40 PM
Novello trots into Books and Branches Library with several library books that need returning in his saddlebags. He glances around and seeing no sign of anyone calls out.
"Twilight, are you upstairs reading again?"

mikeejimbo
2012-01-07, 02:17 PM
(Naturally, Firefly hears Novello.)

Forum Explorer
2012-01-07, 03:11 PM
A bucket comes clattering down from upstairs followed shortly by Firefly. Hello, Twilight's still sleeping so I gonna go dump a bucket of water on her head. He says quickly as he grabs the bucket with his mouth and heads to the kitchen.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-07, 04:30 PM
The kitchen is a bit messy. It's always been Spike's domain - sometimes he swears Twilight would starve to death studying and forgetting to eat. Everything works though, as Firefly begins to fill the bucket with cold water.

Istari
2012-01-08, 06:00 PM
Novello follows Firefly into the kitchen.
"Is she really sleeping that deeply? I don't believe we've met before, my name is Novello, what's yours?"

Forum Explorer
2012-01-08, 10:52 PM
Well she didn't wake up when I yelled at her so yeah I guess so. And nope we haven't met. My name's Firefly, its nice to meet you Novello. The bucket now filled with cold water Firefly picks up the handle in his mouth carries the bucket up to Twilight and promptly dumps it over her.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-09, 05:46 PM
Twilight coughs and sputters, and for a moment Firefly thinks he's succeeded. However, she never becomes more responsive, and once she's cleared her head and face of water, immediately falls back into her previous position.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-09, 11:41 PM
Lyra indeed sees Bonbon in the crowd. She, Ember, and Patch arrive in time to hear the Mayor recapping the events so far - a few ponies seem to be sick, and unable to be woken. Normally they would ask Twilight Sparkle if she had any books on the subject, but according to Spike, who had reported to Mayor Mare, Twilight is among the ill.

Upon hearing the news Ember looks around confused. If these ponies really have something wrong with them shouldn't we get them all together and try to find out what is going on? he thought. He waited patiently to see what would happen next, but he hoped either some plan would present itself soon or something was already being done. Whatever happens he would like to help in any way he can.

Istari
2012-01-10, 08:13 PM
"Is she sick? She should have gotten up after that."
Novello will feel Twilight's forehead.
"We should probably get Nurse Redheart."

mikeejimbo
2012-01-10, 09:51 PM
Mayor Mare addresses the group.

"We have been hearing reports of a strange sleeping illness," she began. "So far we have confirmed that it afflicts Gentle Mane and the colt Chocolate Cream. Our medical professionals are looking into it. Has anypony seen Twilight Sparkle?" she asked. "She has been helpful in researching diseases in the past."

Meanwhile, back at the library:

Novello feels Twilight's head. It does seem to be a little warm.

Forum Explorer - you may make a First Aid check for Firefly if you so desire.

Forum Explorer
2012-01-10, 09:56 PM
Well that was weird. Let me think for a second. Firefly mutters to himself as he tries to remember his lessons in medince.

[roll0] with an IQ of 13 and no penalty in the skill

Deadly
2012-01-11, 07:20 AM
Patch raises a hoof. I just came from Rarity, she's not waking either. And I think I heard Spike, Twilight's assistant, out on the street a moment ago but I don't know where he went.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-11, 05:43 PM
Alas, Firefly can't figure out anything further about Twilight's condition, except that her head is indeed a bit warm for normal. It does not seem to be dangerously hot, however.

Mayor Mare sighed. "Another to add to this list? My goodness. Could someone find Spike and bring him here? Surprised he hasn't noticed this gathering..."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-11, 09:17 PM
Firefly turns to Novello and shrugs his wingsYeah, I got nothing. She doesn't seem to be in any danger at least. I kinda want to see what else will get a reaction though.

Istari
2012-01-11, 10:57 PM
"Let me check to see if there's any medical books downstairs really quick, at the very least maybe Twilight will wake up to the new book smell."

I'll check the shelves and look for any medical books Twilight has and try to see if I can identify the symptoms.

Speed Reading - Skill 15
[roll0]

Deadly
2012-01-12, 06:25 AM
I will find Spike, Patch announces, and leaves to do just that.

Out on the street, looking around, don't know if you need a perception roll but here is one anyway

Perception vs. 13: [roll0]

Zerkai
2012-01-12, 07:01 AM
Lyra looks around at all the other ponies before making her way through the crowd towards the cream-clored earth pony. As she got close and listened to the mayor's announcement she realized she wasn't sure what to say.

After a moment of though she took a deep breath and trotted over to Bonbon "We'll find a way to help everypony... weird stuff always happens in Ponyville." Although the unicorn realized Twilight and her friends were usually the ones to solve those problems, she didn't bring it up.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-12, 06:02 PM
Novello reads Twilight's medical books quickly - an outsider observer might think he absorbed the information through osmosis. Nothing he sees fits the symptoms exactly. Her response to the water was not in line with any disease that normally induces a coma. The closest he can come is that it may be a nervous system disorder, or an illness that attacks it.

Patch finds Spike - coincidentally he was outside Rarity's house/shop, banging on the door. He must have arrived well after Patch left.

Bonbon looked at Lyra sadly. "I know, it always does get solved, doesn't it?" she said, trying to smile for Lyra.

Istari
2012-01-12, 06:16 PM
Novello head back upstairs
"Well the only thing I could find that was even close is something causing problems with her nervous system, I think that's beyond any first aid from us."

Deadly
2012-01-12, 07:15 PM
"Spike!" Patch calls, "What's the matter?" He has a rather good suspicion, but it's always good to ask

ShadowySilence
2012-01-12, 09:36 PM
Hearing that Gentle Mane was also one of the afflicted, Ember went off to see things for himself. He turned a sharp corner and took a shortcut to their home. As he sped along he was silently hoping that maybe everypony was just overreacting.

Forum Explorer
2012-01-13, 11:34 AM
A nervous system disorder? I think I should be able to test that by pushing one of those involuntary reaction nerves right? Umm, lets see there should be a nerve here right? Firefly says poking Twilight where he thinks a nerve exists.

OOC
Can I use the Karate skill to figure out where a nerve cluster is? One of those one that cause an involuntary reaction when lightly struck? (Like a hammer tap to the knee) If so [roll0] vs dex of 12+3=15 total.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-13, 06:06 PM
Spike looks up at Patch, somewhat startled by his sudden presence. "Twilight isn't waking up, I think there's something wrong with her. I came to see if Rarity was OK," he continued, blushing slightly as he realized he didn't really have a very good explanation as to why he'd be worried specifically about Rarity.

When Ember gets to Gentle Mane's house, he sees that the door is ajar. He can hear hoofsteps within, as well.

Firefly brushes the back of Twilight's neck with a spoon (or some other similar object he found lying around), causing her skin to twitch, as was expected. This would seem to indicate a healthy nervous system, but further testing may be warranted.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-13, 07:54 PM
Ember steps in quietly and asks "Hello? Gentle Mane, are you there?"

Istari
2012-01-13, 09:46 PM
"Maybe the condition is magical in origin? That could explain the weird symptoms and normal reactions."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-13, 10:32 PM
Do you have any way to check? Cause I don't know anything about magic, well not really anyways. Firefly asked as he headed back to the kitchen to get some pepper.

Deadly
2012-01-14, 06:25 AM
Patch trots up to Spike "Twilight is sleeping too? That's unfortunate news. Rarity isn't waking either, and there are a few others we've heard of. The mayor and the rest of us are trying to find out what to do. They're in the town hall."

mikeejimbo
2012-01-14, 01:33 PM
Nurse Redheart comes out of a back room in Gentle Mane's house.

"Gentle Mane is sick," she explained, somewhat exasperated. "At least I think... I'm trying to figure out what it is, but I've never seen it before."

"A meeting just because Rarity is sick?" Spike asked. "Although I guess if Twilight is too, others may be as well. What's going on?" he cried.

Deadly
2012-01-14, 01:59 PM
"The mayor mentioned Gentle Mane and Chocolate Cream, so it's not just Rarity and Twilight. And I don't know yet what is going on, but we have to find out."

Istari
2012-01-14, 04:53 PM
Do you have any way to check? Cause I don't know anything about magic, well not really anyways. Firefly asked as he headed back to the kitchen to get some pepper.

I can try.

Novello concentrates and attempts to find any lingering magic in the room.

If necessary
Magery 1 IQ 14
[roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-01-14, 08:26 PM
Ember is surprised to see Nurse Redheart, but relieved to hear that somepony is working on the problem. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Zerkai
2012-01-15, 02:34 PM
Lyra gave a smile, reaching out to pat Bonbon's shoulder with her hoof. "Don't worry Bonbon, I'll going to find a way to fix all this, promise." She had no idea how she was, but she had to cheer her up. If this strange illness was magical, there were a few ponies who might know something about it... or a Zebra.

Lyra shuddered at the idea of going into Everfree Forest, deciding to try a much safer idea. She turned her attention back to Bonbon "Have you heard anything about Twilight Sparkle? Is she asleep too?"

mikeejimbo
2012-01-15, 03:59 PM
Novello does sense the presence of magic, but he knows that any unicorn will have an aura of magic, and as Twilight is a particularly adept magician, such a thing is to be expected. He attempts to analyze the aura to see if it's any different than usual, and it does seem like there's a strange signature he wouldn't expect.

"I don't know," the nurse says. "I've looked at him, the doctors have looked at him, we can't figure out what's wrong. Apparently this has effected a number of ponies in town, so if you have any further information you should let us know."

"I haven't!" Bonbon says happily. "Maybe she has a book on the subject?"

ShadowySilence
2012-01-15, 05:41 PM
"I don't know any more than you do, but I'll look into things. If I can find anything that might relate to this sickness I will let you know immediately." He peers around Nurse Redheart worriedly "Can I see Gentle Mane? I trust you are doing all that you can, but I'm still really worried."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-15, 11:05 PM
Assuming Firefly finds some pepper in the kitchen he quickly returns and begins sprinkling it by Twilight's nose, trying to make her sneeze.

Deadly
2012-01-16, 06:18 AM
Patch turns around and begins walking back towards the town hall "Come on, Spike, we need to tell the others about Twilight and find a way to help."

Istari
2012-01-16, 12:19 PM
"Well, I'm not a expert on magic, but there appears to be abnormal magic here, though I do not know exactly what. And now that I think about it, have you seen Spike? I would expect him to be here."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-16, 12:24 PM
"Well, I'm not a expert on magic, but there appears to be abnormal magic here, though I do not know exactly what. And now that I think about it, have you seen Spike? I would expect him to be here."

Yeah I saw him running someplace as I flew in. No idea where he was headed though.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-16, 09:09 PM
Nurse Redheart nods, and lets Ember into Gentle Mane's bedroom. He appears to be sleeping soundly, even peacefully.

Firefly sprinkles Twilight's nose with pepper. She indeed sneezes, but otherwise does not wake up, much as before.

Patch returns to the town hall with Spike in tow. Mayor Mare looks at them both expectantly.

Forum Explorer
2012-01-16, 09:29 PM
Sneeze test check. Alright what else can we test? Ah I know! Firefly says before taking away Twilight's blankets.

Istari
2012-01-16, 10:36 PM
"So it looks like Twilight is still exhibiting typical reactions to stimuli."
After seeing Firefly take off the sheets
"Did you think of something?"

Forum Explorer
2012-01-16, 11:37 PM
"So it looks like Twilight is still exhibiting typical reactions to stimuli."
After seeing Firefly take off the sheets
"Did you think of something?"

Oh I'm just testing various stimuli till I get an abnormal response.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-17, 01:44 AM
Ember is relieved to see that at the very least the symptoms don't seem to include pain. He walks over to the bed, I might as well get a start on trying to find out what is going on. First I need to determine the symptoms other than not waking up.

Roll to check for abnormalities/symptoms: [roll0] vs. INT 12

Deadly
2012-01-17, 06:42 AM
"Spike here tells me that Twilight isn't waking up either," Patch says gravely.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-17, 09:06 PM
Twilight shivers slightly when her blankets are taken, which is possibly a little strange - it's not that cold in the room.

Ember looks over Gentle Mane. Everything seems fine, except there is one very strange thing he notices. He doesn't know if it's related to this illness. But he didn't see the callouses on the older stallion's hooves, which had been worn by years of manual labor.

"That is bad news," Mayor Mare said. "I am not sure to whom we can turn next."

No, real ponies probably can't get calloused hooves and almost certainly not from carpentry. Shush!

Istari
2012-01-17, 09:34 PM
"Well that's odd, its fairly warm out today, but it could be a reaction from the sickness. Do you think we should try to heat her up, I think she has a fireplace around here somewhere?"

ShadowySilence
2012-01-17, 10:27 PM
He turns to Nurse Redheart and anypony else who might be present "Did anypony else notice that the callouses on his hooves are gone? I didn't think diseases could do that."

mikeejimbo
2012-01-17, 10:47 PM
Nurse Redheart blinked, and then examined Gentle Mane's hooves. "You're right. And it shouldn't. I don't know why that is..." she said. "Do you think it could be...magic?" she asked in a whisper.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-17, 11:38 PM
"I'm not sure, I don't know the first thing about magic." He thinks for a second "Maybe the library has some sort of book that could explain things, I'll be back soon!" Ember hurries out of the house and starts at a run, then pulls down his goggles and flies full-speed to the library.

He lands with a gentle thud near the door and quietly opens it "Hello, anypony here?"

Deadly
2012-01-18, 05:54 AM
Patch thinks for a bit. "What about Zecora, the zebra who Twilight and Rarity used to visit? I will also be happy to help in any way to learn more of this illness."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-18, 12:25 PM
Does she? I thought she didn't have one because she lived in a tree-library. Firefly is interrupted by knocking.

Oh hello! Twilight is sick so if you need a book you'll have to come back later. Firefly says to Ember.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-18, 07:44 PM
Patch thinks for a bit. "What about Zecora, the zebra who Twilight and Rarity used to visit? I will also be happy to help in any way to learn more of this illness."

"That's an excellent plan!" Mayor Mare said, perking up a bit. "Would you be willing to go get her and see if she can help us? I know the Everfree Forest is dangerous, but this is an emergency."

ShadowySilence
2012-01-18, 08:54 PM
Ember frowns, he remembers hearing the Mayor say something about Twilight being sick as well. He responds to Firefly "Please may I come in, I am trying to help these sick ponies by learning whatever I can. I noticed a strange symptom besides the sleeping I hoped to learn more about here."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-18, 11:07 PM
Ember frowns, he remembers hearing the Mayor say something about Twilight being sick as well. He responds to Firefly "Please may I come in, I am trying to help these sick ponies by learning whatever I can. I noticed a strange symptom besides the sleeping I hoped to learn more about here."

Of course you can come in. Firefly says absentmindly as he thinks of the next test. Suddenly he turns around and says with a gasp !Wait! Ponies? As in more then one? Who else has gotten sick?

ShadowySilence
2012-01-18, 11:28 PM
Of course you can come in. Firefly says absentmindly as he thinks of the next test. Suddenly he turns around and says with a gasp !Wait! Ponies? As in more then one? Who else has gotten sick?

Ember jumps a little at the pony's surprise "Umm, well Gentle Mane, Rarity, Chocolate Cream, Synergy, and you already know about Twilight Sparkle. Those are the ponies the Mayor brought up at her speech anyway. I suppose there could be others who are sick that haven't been accounted for yet."

Deadly
2012-01-19, 08:30 AM
Even Patch is wary of entering the forest, especially alone, but he's not ready to admit such things. And he's definitely not going to let Rarity and the other ponies down. Also he's quite curious about this strange illness now. "I will go and find the zebra," he says confidently, but adds "anypony wish to come along?"

Forum Explorer
2012-01-19, 11:35 AM
Ember jumps a little at the pony's surprise "Umm, well Gentle Mane, Rarity, Chocolate Cream, Synergy, and you already know about Twilight Sparkle. Those are the ponies the Mayor brought up at her speech anyway. I suppose there could be others who are sick that haven't been accounted for yet."

Oh that's bad. Way too many to be a coincidence. What if this thing is contagious? We've all been exposed. What should we do? Quarantine ourselves? Firefly flaps his wings in a sort of worried panic as he starts pacing back and forth in midair as he muttered to himself.

Zerkai
2012-01-19, 02:17 PM
Lyra's ears flattened against her head as she listened to the ponies that arrived, she had hoped Twilight Sparkle would have some answers. She noticed some other ponies had the same idea about where to go next. The unicorn mare glanced at Bonbon, then stepped towards the other ponies "I... I'm coming too."

Istari
2012-01-19, 02:54 PM
After hearing the knock Novello follows Firefly downstairs.

"Has anyone discovered anything about the illness, we've been trying to figure out what's wrong with Twilight, but we haven't bee able to diagnose anything."

ShadowySilence
2012-01-19, 07:44 PM
Turning to this new pony (Novello) Ember says "The only symptom I have witnessed other than the sleeping itself is that the callouses on Gentle Mane's hooves were completely gone. On anypony else I wouldn't have noticed it, but Gentle Mane has worked for years and callouses like those don't just disappear." He pauses for a second as he walks further into the library scanning the books for anything of use. "Nurse Redheart confirmed what I thought that no disease should be able to do that, I thought coming here could maybe give me some answers. If we can find out what could cause the calluses to disappear then maybe it can tell us how to cure it."

Roll vs. PER to find any books that could be useful:
3d6vs. 12

Istari
2012-01-19, 09:27 PM
"Firefly here splashed Twilight with some water earlier, and while she coughed it up, she was still out, similar results with pepper. I did find a weird magical signature, but I didn't recognize it. I was thinking about trying to warm her up some, since she shivered earlier when we took the covers off. Feel free to chime in if you have any ideas. I'm worried about those other ponies, but we have a duty to try and fix this, and I think the best place to start is by diagnosing this condition."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-20, 11:30 AM
She also seemed to have a slight fever, but nothing dangerous. Firefly chimed in having calmed down with the reasonable conversation taking place.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-20, 05:22 PM
Ember nods "If I happen across any useful information in my search I will relay it to you straight away. Hopefully we can find something to work on soon, not knowing what is causing all of this worries me." He continues digging through the books.

My roll is now in the OOC thread due to my previous one not working.

Istari
2012-01-20, 05:35 PM
Noticing Ember looking through the books

"I found this medical book, but the only things that matched the weird symptoms was possibly a nervous disorder."

Novello gestures the book he had taken out earlier.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-20, 06:15 PM
"Thanks, maybe it has something about Gentle Mane's symptom hidden within its pages." As he begins paging through the book he says "Somehow all of these weird symptoms are tied together, I just don't understand how."

mikeejimbo
2012-01-21, 12:06 PM
Other than the medical book found earlier, Ember does see that there are a number of - in fact quite a very many number of - books about magic. As it's possible that the illness is related to magic, he can't rule them out.

As he looks through the medical book, Ember finds references to callouses, but absolutely nothing about them going away.

Deadly
2012-01-21, 12:22 PM
Patch trots up to Lyra, "Excellent. Together we shall find the zebra, and answers, I hope." He pauses a moment. "I am not certain I know the way, perhaps Twilight kept a map?"

ShadowySilence
2012-01-21, 01:28 PM
"Nothing useful in the medical book," he puts it aside "but perhaps one of these books on magic might have an explanation." He grabs the one nearest him and begins paging through it.

Forum Explorer
2012-01-21, 01:39 PM
Right you keep doing that, I'm going to keep testing for symptoms. Firefly goes back upstairs and checks to seem if Twilight's forehead is clammy.

Istari
2012-01-21, 07:49 PM
Novello will levitate another magic book off the shelves and look through it.

Speed Reading - Skill 15
[roll0]

Zerkai
2012-01-22, 10:29 PM
"A map of the Everfree forest sounds very handy... and maybe she has books about what's hiding in there." In her nervousness about the trip she paid little attention to her slip of tongue as she looked back at Bonbon.

"Don't worry, they're has to be a way to help everypony." She called out to the earth pony before setting off toward the library in a gallop.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-22, 10:56 PM
Firefly feels Twilight's head. It is not clammy, but still feels a bit warm.

Novello quickly reads through the book on magic. He doesn't see any standard spells - even that a pony whose talent is magic would have - that would remove callouses directly. An appendix on magical plants, alchemy and other effects likewise turns up nothing of interest. Another appendix references some magic of possibly mythical or legendary origin. As such he's not sure it is even real. However, one of these mythical spells was supposedly able to reverse aging, which might remove callouses.

Deadly
2012-01-23, 05:27 AM
Patch hurries off after Lyra to Twilight's library

Istari
2012-01-23, 02:50 PM
Novello sighs and replaces the book

"Useless, only think I could find that might be able to explain the callous removal was anti-aging magic and I hardly think that's what we're dealing with."

Novello slumps to ground

"I'm out of ideas, :smallfrown: what's going to happen to Twilight and whoever else is asleep?"

Forum Explorer
2012-01-23, 04:40 PM
Don't worry. Twilight seems to be pretty healthy other then being asleep with a slight temperature. So we've got plenty of time to find a solution. Or make one up if we have to. Firefly says as he flies back downstairs to grab some pots and pans. Once he has them he starts banging them together above Twilight's head.

Zerkai
2012-01-23, 05:48 PM
Lyra came to a stop as she reached the open door of the library as she heard the sound of pots and pans banging together. Her ears flattened at the racket as she walked inside, looking around "What in Celestia's mane is going on in here?"

ShadowySilence
2012-01-23, 06:26 PM
Ember had been pacing trying to think of what might be the best thing to do next, and he just barely hears Lyra over the racket "There's a pony trying to wake up Twilight with pots and pans upstairs if you are asking about the noise. Otherwise we are trying to discover what might be causing this sleeping sickness." The noise was annoying, but anything that might help was welcome in his book.

Deadly
2012-01-23, 06:53 PM
"Such an unholy noise!" Patch complains as he follows in after Lyra. He looks around. "Might it not be wise to find somepony who actually know what they're doing?" From the terrible racket he deduces that they're pretty much lost and just screwing around. "Don't want to make it worse, or spread it, or who knows what."

Istari
2012-01-23, 07:11 PM
Looking up "Hey, the scientific process is important, we've already tried some other things to try and improve the situation, but who knows if noise will work?"

ShadowySilence
2012-01-23, 07:36 PM
Ember sighs "I wish there was somepony else who knew more about this than we do, but from what I have seen nopony has any idea what this might be. None of the books have given us leads, and the only magic that might even be related has to do with reversing the aging process which doesn't make any sense." Not that magic makes much sense to begin with he thought.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-23, 08:57 PM
Unfortunately, Twilight does not respond to the noise at all. This strikes Firefly as strange, as she had been responding to the other stimuli, just not consciously.

Istari
2012-01-23, 09:22 PM
Novello calls out as he trots upstairs "I just got an idea!"

When Novello gets to Twilight's room he uses his telekinesis to tickle her in hopes of provoking a reaction.

Forum Explorer
2012-01-23, 11:19 PM
Well she isn't responding at all to noise. That's kinda worrisome actually. But at least its a start! Firefly goes back downstairs and sees the new ponies. Oh hello! As you can guess Twilight is sick and unable to run the library. Was there anything I can help you with?

Deadly
2012-01-24, 05:03 AM
"Just saying, if we don't know what we're doing, we might just as easily make it worse than better. I had a look at Rarity myself, but I couldn't tell much, except that she looked fine, and I don't think it's poison. But as it happens, Lyra and I were off to find that zebra who sometimes helped Twilight. She seemed to know lots about such stuff."

To Firefly "Think Twilight had a map showing the way to the zebra?"

Forum Explorer
2012-01-24, 10:55 AM
"Just saying, if we don't know what we're doing, we might just as easily make it worse than better. I had a look at Rarity myself, but I couldn't tell much, except that she looked fine, and I don't think it's poison. But as it happens, Lyra and I were off to find that zebra who sometimes helped Twilight. She seemed to know lots about such stuff."

To Firefly "Think Twilight had a map showing the way to the zebra?"

Well nothing we've done has been normally harmful or an actual treatment. Its just been normal stimuli and recording her responses.

You need a map? Yes Twilight has a map showing the way but I'll do you one better and just show you the way! Afterall I'm the pony she bought the maps from in the first place. Firefly says proudly.

Deadly
2012-01-24, 12:09 PM
"Can't be too careful, in case it's magic. Never know what unknown magic might do. That said, I'm certainly curious to find out more. If you can lead us to Zecora, that would be a great help."

Zerkai
2012-01-24, 04:35 PM
"It can't be a normal sickness... it's gotta be magical. We hoped Twilight might be able to figure something out, but when we heard she wouldn't wake up either... well, Zecora might know what this is." Lyra nodded her head in agreement at what Patch said as she looked around the Library.

"We'll need more than a map though. We're going into Everfree Forest, we gotta look through some books on it before we go rushing in." The unicorm mare said as she started looking through the shelves.

Roll vs PER to find any books on the Everfree Forest:
[roll0] vs. 13

ShadowySilence
2012-01-24, 07:08 PM
"Can't be too careful, in case it's magic. Never know what unknown magic might do. That said, I'm certainly curious to find out more. If you can lead us to Zecora, that would be a great help."

"May I tag along to Zecora's, I would feel more useful doing that than just sitting here trying to come up with ideas." He also was a little intrigued at the idea of meeting Zecora. He had never met her before, only hearing stories here or there about her mastery of potions. He hadn't considered consulting her about the problem, but now that he thought about it if anyone would know what is going on it would be her.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-24, 08:24 PM
The telekinetic tickle stimulus yields interesting results. She indeed giggles profusely, but much like the water before, she never becomes more conscious. After a bit it almost seems like she's becoming uncomfortable.

Sadly, Lyra does not find any books on the Everfree Forest.

Istari
2012-01-24, 08:53 PM
"It can't be a normal sickness... it's gotta be magical. We hoped Twilight might be able to figure something out, but when we heard she wouldn't wake up either... well, Zecora might know what this is." Lyra nodded her head in agreement at what Patch said as she looked around the Library.

"We'll need more than a map though. We're going into Everfree Forest, we gotta look through some books on it before we go rushing in." The unicorm mare said as she started looking through the shelves.

Roll vs PER to find any books on the Everfree Forest:
[roll0] vs. 13

"Sounds like they have an idea to help Twilight, lets go!"
"But we would have to go into the Everfree forest, where its really dark and scary"
"C'mon it'll be fun, I bet there's all sorts of cool stuff in there"
"Nopony is really supposed to go there though, and its really dangerous"
"Its the right thing to do"
"Oh all right"

Novello comes downstairs and speaks up "Well tickling got her to laugh, but no luck waking her. I'd like to go visit Zecora too, anything to help out Twilight."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-24, 09:22 PM
Don't worry about the Everfree forest. I spend loads of time in there, I'm sure I can guide us safely to Zecora

Zerkai
2012-01-25, 01:56 AM
Lyra sighs as her search comes up empty, a little annoyed nopony cared all that much about preparations for entering one of the most dangerous places in Equestria.

"Fine. Since I can't seem to find any books about it, let's just go if we're done here." she briefly wondered if library had any books on humans, but that was for another time.

Deadly
2012-01-25, 05:33 AM
"I agree, let's get going, the sooner with find the zebra the sooner we can figure out what's going on," Patch says and turns to leave the library.

ShadowySilence
2012-01-25, 05:35 PM
Ember nods at Patch's comment and begins following his lead towards the door.

Istari
2012-01-26, 04:58 PM
After making sure to grab his saddlebags (with paper inside), Novello will stop by the market to grab some food (if possible) on the way out.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-26, 09:54 PM
After a bit of gathering supplies, everypony heads to the Everfree forest. Despite it still only being mid-morning, the forest is dark. The group peers into the forest, cautious and perhaps slightly scared of what could be in there.

Anyone have any relevant skills they might like to use?

Forum Explorer
2012-01-26, 10:36 PM
Just try to stay quiet everypony. No sense in attracting unwanted attention. Firefly advises. He stays in the air but only flies slightly higher then the ponies he guides.

Naturalist roll to identify anything odd that comes up [roll0] vs 15

Deadly
2012-01-27, 05:38 AM
Patch walks quietly behind Firefly, keeping an eye out for anything unusual, including any interesting herbs. He's always curious about possible new fragrances or components for his alchemy.

Perception to spot anything out of the ordinary: [roll0] vs 13 (+4 if it involves scent)

Herb Lore: [roll1] vs 11

mikeejimbo
2012-01-27, 06:53 PM
OOC Note: I'm going to 'fast-forward' a bit, based on these rolls, which are good and just the kind of thing I was looking for.

Firefly uses his expert naturalism to steer them through the forest, avoiding any pitfalls (literally). Patch keeps his eyes out, and even manages to forewarn Firefly of a low-hanging branch that the pegasus nearly hit. Firefly keeps the group away from any place there might be dangerous creatures, and Patch even helps spot tell-tale signs of such things, such as fur left behind, or tracks. He also finds and identifies a number of herbs, but they are all quite common.

They make it to Zecora's house (they knew the general way). She doesn't answer the door when they knock.

Zerkai
2012-01-27, 08:02 PM
Lyra kept quiet for most of the journey, following Firefly while trying to keep her thoughts from wandering. The Everfree forest was home to many dangerous creatures, maybe ones that weren't in any books... or maybe ones people thought didn't exist.

"Firefly... you've flown around and throw this place, alot, right? Have you ever found any trace of... humans?" she asked as she waited for the door to be opened. If Zecora was home that is.

Forum Explorer
2012-01-28, 02:45 AM
Humans? I suppose I haven't seen any trace of them. I mean I haven't seen an actual human. There were occasionally some tracks and stuff that could really belong to pretty much anything. Firefly said slowly trying to remember what he knew about humans.

Hello Zecora? Are you home? Firefly calls softly when she doesn't answer. He flies to one of the windows to look in.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-28, 11:31 AM
It's dark inside, and Firefly can't see what Zecora is doing, if anything.

Istari
2012-01-29, 12:42 PM
Novello is going to open the door and look around inside.

Perception 15 - [roll0]

Deadly
2012-01-30, 03:11 PM
Patch follows Novello. "Miss Zecora?" Hopefully the zebra is just out and about, and not sleeping too.

mikeejimbo
2012-01-30, 08:53 PM
Novello and Patch walk into Zecora's house - the door was unlocked, which was customary of her. None of the creatures in the forest bothered with doors, and she would never turn away a prospective customer or friend in need.

They look around, and they indeed find Zecora. Patch's fear was not unfounded - she too was asleep.

Novello, in his searching, finds an interesting-looking book, bound in a material very much like corn-husk. When he opens it, he sees a rather neat hoof-writing, but in a language he doesn't recognize.

Forum Explorer
2012-01-30, 09:06 PM
Firefly follows the others in and curses when he sees Zecora asleep.Celestia damn it all to the moon. It looks like this is a dead end unless any of you can read Zebra. Firefly sighs and hangs his head. We should take her back with us. Without anypony to care for her out here she might starve to death. Firefly said still dispirited by the condition of the zebra.

Deadly
2012-01-31, 08:57 AM
Patch nods at the idea of taking her back. "We should look around a little first, perhaps she has some potions or herbs that could help" he says as he inspects the various bottles and strange items around the little home, looking at each with great curiosity. He had never really spoken much with the zebra, but he could obviously have learned a lot from her.

"By the way, did any of you know the other ponies? There's Rarity and Twilight, both unicorns, and Zecora is a zebra I guess, but maybe it doesn't affect all ponies."

I'm not sure what to roll against to see if any of the potions are herbs are of use, so I'm making a few rolls. Just use whichever is appropriate and ignore the rest.

Herb lore: [roll0] vs 11
Naturalist: [roll1] vs 11
Alchemy: [roll2] vs 15

Zerkai
2012-01-31, 12:46 PM
Lyra's ears flattened against her head when Firefly said he hasn't seen any humans. She figured as much, but he hasn't seen everythnig int he everfree, so they could still be evidence of their existence.

She pushed those thoughts back for now as she followed the others in. "Oh... that's not good. She rarely comes to Ponyville at all, how could she be asleep too?" The unicorn walked over to the slumbering Zebra, nudging her gently with a hoof.

She looked at Patch now "Well, Bonbon's cousin has it too, but I still think it's magical, somepony probably did this..."

Forum Explorer
2012-01-31, 12:59 PM
Perhaps whatever happened started in the Everfree and came to town? I know Twilight visited Zecora often enough. Firefly nods at the suggestion of taking some of the herbs and potions. He takes a look around to see what could be useful.

A naturalist check I guess? (15)
[roll0] Or perhaps it would be first aid? (13)

mikeejimbo
2012-02-01, 06:17 PM
Alas for Firefly, Patch identifies all of the potions and most of the herbs he would have been able to identify.

She has on stock a number of fairly basic remedies. One to help you grow a shiny, silky mane, one to help you get over a cold, one to help you grow plants (do not ingest! Apply to soil!), one to clear your head, and one to make you feel more energetic.

ShadowySilence
2012-02-02, 01:49 AM
Ember had remained quietly at the back of the group for the duration of the journey to Zecora's. It wasn't that the Everfree Forest made him fearful, but something about it had always left him feeling uneasy.

He snaps out of his quiet stupor when he hears Firefly's curse and walks in to see Zecora sleeping as well. He immediately started trying to think what could be the logical plan B, since plan A is now for all intents and purposes stopped in its tracks. "Gentlemane is among the sick as well, but I am not so sure somepony did this. I don't know much about magic, but if this really is a spell, who around here would be powerful enough to put that many ponies to sleep? Also, what would be the point?"

Deadly
2012-02-02, 07:21 AM
Patch considers the various potions. Clearing your head and feeling more energetic, it was a long shot, but he decided it might be worth taking those two with him. You never know.

"Remind me of Gentlemane, please, and BonBon's cousin is an earth pony I presume?" patch says as he gathers the potions. "If it only affects unicorns, zebra and earth ponies, perhaps that can help us find a cure. Maybe pegasi have something that makes them immune. It's a shot in the dark, but we need to keep all options in mind."

ShadowySilence
2012-02-02, 07:41 PM
"Gentlemane is an older earth pony who works as a carpenter, or did until he fell ill anyway." He mulls over Patch's words "I just don't see what would be different about pegasi that would stop magic or diseases? Perhaps once we return to Twilight's we can look for information on the subject."

Ember is starting to get tired of looking through dusty old books, he would rather face his problems head on and with a solid plan rather than this hap-hazard searching. Regardless he would stick with it though, these ponies needed help and if he had to read every book in that library to wake them he would.

Deadly
2012-02-05, 08:40 AM
[[Completely missed that a new post had been made... this forum is freakin' annoying when it does that :smallmad:]]

"I don't know either, but diseases and magic can work in unusual ways or not at all with different targets. All options are worth keeping in mind at this point" Patch says as he walks over to the sleeping zebra. "Who will carry her? Don't forget that strange book too, maybe somepony can decipher it when we get back"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-05, 09:04 AM
Well lets hurry back. The sooner we can get out of the Everfree the sooner we can get back to helping these ponies.

Deadly
2012-02-06, 06:04 AM
Patch just nods and heads back out with the potions he had gathered.

ShadowySilence
2012-02-06, 05:40 PM
Ember lifts Zecora into a position in which he can easily (more or less) carry her, and follows Patch out the door.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-06, 05:46 PM
The group hurries back to Ponyville, encountering little trouble on the way back. Mayor Mare was eagerly awaiting their return just outside of the Everfree Forest, but her countenance sunk when she saw Ember carrying the sleeping form of Zecora.

"I can't believe she's been afflicted too!" Mayor Mare said in despair.

"It makes sense to me," somepony said. Everyone turned toward the source - which was in the sky - to see Rainbow Dash. "Twilight and Zecora were working on something together, one of them must have caught it from the other."

Forum Explorer
2012-02-06, 08:11 PM
Firefly flew up towards his fellow pegasus, I don't suppose you'd know what they were working on? Or when they started? He asked hopefully.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-07, 05:42 PM
Rainbow Dash just shrugged. "I dunno, it sounded nerdy to me. I think they were researching some magic thing or another. Maybe you should ask Spike, he probably knows more about it."

Deadly
2012-02-08, 06:52 AM
"Spike, of course. He's probably back at the library by now," Patch said and began walking in that direction. "Thank you for the help, Rainbow Dash"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-08, 11:34 AM
Right thanks. Firefly stops for a second. Perhaps I should suggest avoiding us since we've been exposed to the sick ponies. Nah, we don't even know if its contagious yet. Firefly thinks to himself before following Patch.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-08, 06:17 PM
As they walked up to library, Spike opened the door. "Did you find Zecora? Did she have any ideas?" he asked. By now he had been informed of what the group was doing.

Zerkai
2012-02-08, 08:20 PM
Lyra's ears flattened as she shook her head "No... Zecora was asleep too." She said with a sigh, hating having to come back to ponyville empty-hoofed.

"Spike... Rainbow Dash said Twilight and Zecora were working on something, do you have any idea what it was?"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-08, 11:35 PM
Also do you remember who else came to the library since they started the project? Firefly added, landing nearby.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-09, 08:33 PM
"I don't know exactly what they were working on," Spike admitted. I know it had to do with Zebra magic. Twilight wanted to know how it worked, and Zecora wanted her friend to explain it to Twilight. I think they were working on a spell to contact Zecora's friend - I guess he or she is still in the country Zecora came from."

"And lots of ponies have been by since they started. Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Lickety Split, Cheerilee..."

Istari
2012-02-09, 09:14 PM
"I did find this book at Zecora's, do you recognize it or have some book that could help us translate it? Or any other books that you think might help us solve this mystery?"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-10, 12:09 AM
Well Rainbow Dash is still okay, but Rarity is not... Some pony should go check on the others to see if they've fallen asleep as well. Or know anything about what was being worked on. If you guys don't mind I suggest we split up. I'll go check on Fluttershy. Unless anypony raises an objection or adds some more info Firefly will fly as fast as he can to Fluttershy's place.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-10, 06:48 PM
Spike takes a look at Zecora's journal. "It looks like it's in Zebra," he says, sounding apologetic. "I don't really know any Zebra, oh wait a minute -" he said as he looked closer at the page to which he had just turned. "This whole section seems to be in French. I know a bit of that! 'I am..' ah what's that word... darn it, maybe there's a dictionary around here..."

Firefly flies to Fluttershy's cottage fairly quickly. The door is open and she has a light on inside. Firefly can even see that Fluttershy is awake, sweeping her floor with a broom.

She looks up, startled. "Oh my, I'm so sorry that I didn't see you there. What can I do for you?" she asked.

Deadly
2012-02-10, 07:00 PM
Patch perks up at Spike's mention of French. "I'm quite fluent in French. Let me have a look," he says and reaches to take the book. "Curious that Zecora would write in French"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-10, 10:27 PM
Hello Fluttershy. I was wondering if you knew anything about the project Twilight and Zecora were working on this last little while. Firefly says making an effort to speak calmly.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-11, 06:25 PM
"Well I know Twilight also speaks French, so maybe Zecora wrote down part of their project in it? Strange though, Zecora also speaks Equestrian pretty well. Either way, you can take a look at it," Spike said, handing over the journal.

The French is the following passage.

In case Twilight or Team Spirit need this text, French is the only language the three of us have in common.

Three petals from the deadly nightshade plant, a small poisonous toad, and a catalyst are all that we still need. I have been unable to discover the catalyst reagent. Twlight, Team Spirit - if you two would check your sources perhaps you could come up with it.

I believe Twilight is well on the way to finding the communication portal spell we'll need. Team Spirit tells me that gifts would be appreciated.

"I'm afraid I don't know much about it. Twilight asked me if I wanted to help with a project that was supposed to advance knowledge of pony and zebra magic but I had a poor, sick little skunk to take care of. Oh my, you don't think that project had anything to do with their sleeping illness, do you?" Fluttershy said.

Deadly
2012-02-11, 06:53 PM
Patch translates for the others and flips through the book to see if he can find any more French passages. "Deadly nightshade and poisonous frogs... that sounds like a strange concoction for contacting somepony. Anypony know this Team Spirit it mentions?"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-11, 08:42 PM
It might. We don't know but both Zecora and Twilight are asleep so its worth looking into. So you do know who else did work on the project? If not I'm going to go head over to Sweet Apple Acres and check if Applejack knows anything about the project.

Zerkai
2012-02-11, 09:38 PM
"I don't, but if there were working on something together... Twilight should have some research notes somewhere!" Lyra said cheerily as she started to trot around the library with a big grin.

"C'mon, let's look. If Twilight was trying to find out more about Zebra Magic, she would have to have some notes about their research and this project"

PER: [roll0] vs 13

mikeejimbo
2012-02-12, 01:27 PM
Patch doesn't find any more French passages in Zecora's journal. Lyra begins to look around the library for more notes that Twilight might have kept on the project.

"What exactly are we looking for, and how will we know it when we find it?" Spike asked.

"I'm afraid I don't know. Oh my goodness this has made me so terribly nervous that all I can do is clean," Fluttershy replied.

Istari
2012-02-12, 03:29 PM
"Does Twilight keep a journal perhaps? Or were there any books she asked you to find for her recently?"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-12, 03:56 PM
Well hopefully we'll figure something out. I'm going to keep going and see if anypony else knows anything. Firefly heads off to Sweet Apple Acres

Zerkai
2012-02-12, 07:36 PM
"Yes, journals, notes, look for books that don't have a cover or title. Spike, where did Twilight and Zecora work when she came over to the library? The basement?" Lyra asked as she thought about her own study in her house dedicated to tabloid clippings and journals about her ongoing search. Twilight had to have some place in the library for magical experiments.

ShadowySilence
2012-02-12, 07:43 PM
Ember listened carefully trying to formulate more ideas from the info received from Rainbow Dash and Spike. Not knowing the first thing about potions, nightshade, and the like he didn't even try to solve that. He had also never heard of this Team Spirit either.

"I'm going to go check on Pinkie Pie and Cherilee, hopefully if they are awake they might know something about this project that Twilight and Zecora were doing." If no one stops him for anything he immediately heads over to Sugar Cube Corner in search of Pinkie Pie.

OOC:
I am assuming that Ember was able to place Zecora somewhere safe or hand her over to the doctors/nurses. Also sorry I have not responded in a while. :smallfrown:

Deadly
2012-02-13, 05:42 AM
While the others search for more clues, Patch ponders the bits of the recipe revealed in Zecora's book. Nightshade and poisonous toads, perhaps he could puzzle out some possible things that might be used for.

Alchemy : [roll0] vs 16

mikeejimbo
2012-02-13, 08:03 PM
"I think they were using the basement!" Spike said. "Help me find the key!"

Meanwhile, the search for notes is currently fruitless. Spike indicates that she probably kept any notes on the current subject in the basement, and possibly all her personal notes.

Patch knows that nightshade is poisonous, that much was pretty common knowledge. What he knows that some ponies may not know is that these ingredients can be used in very minor doses and in very specific ways to create a paralytic poison - it wouldn't be immediately harmful, but it might make the victims feel funny for a while even after it wore off.

Firefly heads on over to Sweet Apple Acres, where Applejack is stacking hay bales.

"How can I help you?" she asks.

Ember heads on over to Sugar Cube Corner to find Pinkie Pie. She is currently baking cupcakes with coffee beans in them, for reasons known only to Pinkie Pie. If Ember had to guess, it has something to do with the sleeping illness - Pinkie's attempt to cure or prevent it, perhaps.

Istari
2012-02-13, 09:01 PM
Novello looks around the basement in an attempt to locate the notes key.

Perception 15 - [roll0]

Zerkai
2012-02-15, 06:39 AM
Novello looks around the basement in an attempt to locate the notes.

Perception 15 - [roll0]

We're supposed to find the key first Istari.

Lyra nodded to Spike as started to look around the library for the key.

PER: [roll0] vs 13

Forum Explorer
2012-02-15, 10:55 AM
Hey Applejack. I was wondering if you had any idea on what Twilight and Zecora were working on before they fell asleep.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-15, 05:46 PM
Lyra, unfortunately, has no luck finding the key. Novello, however, notices something shiny underneath a book on Twilight's nightstand. It is indeed a key, and Spike confirms that it's the key to the basement. The book was "On the Zebra Customs".

When they open the door to the basement, Patchouli smells the vague and subtle scent of incense, as though it had been burned in the basement quite some time ago.

"I'm not sure I can be much help, sugarcube. All I know is that after Zecora showed Twilight some of her zebra magic, Twilight wanted to know how it was related to unicorn magic. Zecora didn't know either, so they were working with a friend of Zecora's from back home to try and figure it out."

ShadowySilence
2012-02-15, 06:20 PM
[b][color="YellowGreen"]Ember heads on over to Sugar Cube Corner to find Pinkie Pie. She is currently baking cupcakes with coffee beans in them, for reasons known only to Pinkie Pie. If Ember had to guess, it has something to do with the sleeping illness - Pinkie's attempt to cure or prevent it, perhaps.

Ember was relieved to see that Pinkie was still awake. He walks up to her, enjoying the smell of the cupcakes even with the strange addition "I don't mean to bother you Pinkie Pie, but can I ask you some questions about the project Twilight and Zecora were working on before this sleeping sickness struck?"

mikeejimbo
2012-02-15, 09:00 PM
OOC: I believe we have used Plum already as a color, but sadly I think we can't avoid repeating some colors."Oh yeah! The sickness! I'm making coffee cupcakes now. I bet if anypony eats them they won't be able to fall asleep! Sickness or not! I haven't slept in DAYS." (Ember will note - this disease wasn't discovered until this morning.) "And I'm not going to go to sleep just in case! And you know what in FACT I bet that if the sick ponies smell these cupcakes they won't be able to resist waking up and eating them and then never fall asleep AGAIN."

Forum Explorer
2012-02-16, 12:04 AM
This friend of Zecora's do you know her name or how they were in contact with her? Perhaps she knows the reason behind the Sleeping Sickness.

Deadly
2012-02-16, 06:02 AM
"Smells like incense down there," Patch notes as the door opens. A thought occurs to him. "Perhaps we should be careful. They were working with some poisonous ingredients, it may be what caused the sleeping and if it originated down there..." He looks around for something to cover his mouth and nose with. A napkin or piece of cloth.

Perception? [roll0] vs 13

mikeejimbo
2012-02-16, 06:18 PM
Perception's probably not necessary here. They can find clothes or napkins around somewhere easily enough, especially with Spike directing them.

Deadly
2012-02-17, 06:40 AM
Patch finds a large napkin and holds it over his nose and mouth before descending the stairs.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-20, 06:00 PM
Patch descends into the basement, pulling the cord on a lonely-looking light socket to provide a modicum of illumination, without, hopefully, dwelling too much on whether illumination can be referred to in discrete units.

The sight is fairly mundane, but also possibly helpful. There is a work bench along one wall, on top of which is a small cauldron, and some various alchemical reagents, as well as a few books. A cursory glance doesn't reveal any nightshade, poisonous toads, or source of any incense, however.

"Ah, yes. Zecora's friend was visiting here in Ponyville. I think I met her once. Nice enough gal, but don't speak a lick of Equestrian. Twilight and Zecora spoke to her in French. Ah sugar, I can't remember her name..." Applejack replied to Firefly.

Zerkai
2012-02-21, 05:45 AM
Lyra nodded when Patch brought up the smell, lookign around till she found a scarf, wrapping it around her mouth and nose as she descended the stairs after him.

"I think we should just grab everything we can that looks important and bring it upstairs. If this smell has something to do with the sickness I don't want to stay down here too long."

Deadly
2012-02-21, 07:15 AM
"Good idea" Patch said as he walked up to the workbench and looked at the reagents and books, trying to pick out anything of particular interest. They could always come back down for more.

Alchemy: [roll0] vs 16

Forum Explorer
2012-02-21, 12:28 PM
She was actually in Ponyville? Great! I don't suppose you know where she was staying?

mikeejimbo
2012-02-21, 08:11 PM
There are only small amounts of each ingredient, so it turns out to be rather easily to carry all of the ingredients and notes and books upstairs, especially when split between everyone. Spike even helps.

"Well seeing as she didn't speak Equestrian, but did speak French, if she wasn't staying with Zecora or Twilight, she'd have to be staying at Hotel Magnifique, since the proprietor, Fancy Hat, speaks French as well."

Forum Explorer
2012-02-21, 08:40 PM
Great! I um don't actually know where that is. :smallredface: Mind giving me directions? Assuming Firefly gets the directions from Applejack, he will quickly fly off to the hotel.

Istari
2012-02-22, 02:58 PM
Heeding the advice of his companions Novello will grab some sort of cloth covering to cover his mouth. Then quickly head downstairs, levitate the books and return to the main level, where he will start reviewing them for useful material.

Speed Reading 15 - [roll0]

mikeejimbo
2012-02-22, 11:32 PM
Applejack gives Firefly directions to the hotel, which are easy enough to follow. When he arrives, a smartly-dressed stallion with a wispy mustache greets him.

"How may I help you today? We have excellent rates for the off-season," he says.

As Novello is a unicorn, he can understand some of the unicorn magic referenced in the books. Some of the books have spells for communicating with somepony at a distance, which was one of the team's chief goals. Another book is an alchemy guide with potions for medical use, sprinkled with dire warnings about not mis-applying. Novello finds a section on potions that involve nightshade and poisonous toads.

Forum Explorer
2012-02-23, 12:48 AM
Hello sir. I'm afraid I'm not actually here to book a room. I'm looking for a guest who only speaks French. It's imperative that we talk to her. Can you help me?

Deadly
2012-02-23, 05:47 AM
Patch follows back upstairs with some of the stuff, setting it down and turning to Novello. "Finding anything?"

Istari
2012-02-23, 09:15 AM
Novello smiles "Just the pony I was looking for." Novello levitates the book over the Patch open to the nightshade section "This book is an alchemy guide and this section includes nightshade. Hopefully you should be able figure something out. I'll keep reading this magic book to see if I can figure out anything else about these communication spells."

IQ 14 Magery 1 - [roll0]

Deadly
2012-02-23, 03:17 PM
"Ah, good. Good." Patch says as he picks up the book and begins studying the page Novello pointed out.

I barely need to roll, do I? :smalltongue: After saying that it's bound to be a failure, though

Alchemy [roll0] vs 16

mikeejimbo
2012-02-23, 10:27 PM
"Ah, you must be speaking of Espirt d'Equipe." Fancy Hat says. He leads Firefly to a door in the halls on the ground floor and knocks. "Madam Equipe?" he says. There is no answer after a few seconds. "I apologize, perhaps she is out?" Fancy Hat says.

Nightshade is used as an anesthetic and general painkiller, this is known to pony medicine as well as pony alchemists. Some of the more esoteric uses include debilitating and paralytic poisons. There is also a sidebar on its historical use in divination, but the book cautions that that is not to be relied upon.

There is only one recipe involving both nightshade and poisonous toads, which seems to be one of the paralytic poisons.

The contact spell, meanwhile, seems easy enough. As easy as any spell can be, especially one outside a unicorn's talent. Still, it required knowing the name of the pony you were trying to contact, and none present are sure who Zecora, Twilight and Team Spirit were trying to contact.

Deadly
2012-02-24, 06:28 AM
"Judging by this page, they were either making paralytic poison or playing around with old methods of divination." He ponders as he flips through the books for more hints. "Could it be that these ponies aren't sleeping but simply paralyzed and unable to respond?"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-24, 09:38 AM
Oh no. Please can we check on her? She was involved in a project where the other two known members have been afflicted with the Sleeping Sickness. If she's not answering her door....

Istari
2012-02-24, 04:07 PM
"Well they've been having normal reactions to stimuli, Twilight even giggled, that doesn't really sound like someone paralyzed to me."

mikeejimbo
2012-02-24, 06:53 PM
"Mon Dieu!" Fancy Hat exclaimed, using his master key to open the door. When they looked inside, they saw a zebra sleeping soundly on the bed.

Fancy Hat went over to her. "It looks like you were right, thank goodness you came," he said. By now news of the sickness had reached even him, though he had no idea of Esprit d'Equipe's involvement.

Deadly
2012-02-26, 11:20 AM
"Divination does sound more like something they would be working on. What else have we got?" Patch said as he looked over what they had taken from the basement.

mikeejimbo
2012-02-26, 10:01 PM
As Patch looks through the books, he sees a loose piece of paper. On it is the small but neat writing style of Zecora, but this time in Equestrian.

If you take just the right dose,
You'll see just where the path goes.
And if you refuse to believe your eyes,
You'll learn the truth behind the lies.

Deadly
2012-02-27, 08:07 AM
Patch read the note out loud. "Mysterious. Anypony make sense of this?"

Forum Explorer
2012-02-27, 12:09 PM
Darn it. It seems that my worst fears were correct. Well only thing to do now is to search for clues. I hope you don't mind helping me translate the notes since I don't speak French.

Searching for notes and unusual stuff
[roll0] vs 13 prc

mikeejimbo
2012-02-28, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately, Firefly doesn't find anything of too much use. Everything in the room appears to be related to general living or for hotel use.

Zerkai
2012-03-01, 09:52 AM
"I don't know... I don't know about this kind of stuff. But it sounds like divination, with the whole '-see just where the path goes' thing. Maybe the sleeping ponies are all outside their bodies and that's why they can't wake up? Like ghosts?" Lyra wondered as she sat on her haunches, her horn glowing as she removed the scarf she wore around her face.

"I don't get what that last part means though. 'And if you refuse to believe your eyes, You'll learn the truth behind the lies'?"

((OOC: Crud, sorry all. Though I posted, guess I must've closed the window without clicking 'submit reply' when I was distracted.))

mikeejimbo
2012-03-03, 09:49 PM
"Should we call a doctor?" Fancy Hat asked, pointing to the sleeping zebra.

Forum Explorer
2012-03-03, 11:55 PM
Firefly shrugs. Well I doubt there's a rush. We should likely take her over to Nurse Redheart unless you're willing to take care of her. *sigh* I'm honestly at a loss for what to do now. But at least I think we can confirm that this sleeping sickness has something to do with that research project.

Deadly
2012-03-04, 07:36 AM
"Maybe they took the wrong dose." Patch said. It was all he could think of, those he hated to admit it. "So... what now?"

mikeejimbo
2012-03-06, 07:53 PM
"I will bring her to the nurse," Fancy Hat said. "It is probably best that they all be taken care of." It wasn't clear he just didn't want the hassle of taking care of her while still doing his day job.

Istari
2012-03-07, 10:31 PM
"We've got some nice new information, but I don't believe that we can use it right now. Maybe we should talk to Nurse Redheart and see if she can help us with our possible toxin?"

Forum Explorer
2012-03-08, 12:04 PM
Firefly heads back to the library and collapses on the floor. He's flown all around Ponyville and has nothing to show for it. As a result he's upset and tired. He quickly fills everypony in on his investigation and when I tracked her down, she was asleep as well. Fancy Pants said he would take her to Nurse Redheart. Did you guys have any luck with Twilight's research papers?

Deadly
2012-03-09, 06:52 AM
"Nothing very helpful. They were working with some poisonous ingredients, possibly for divination. We also found this note," Patch explains and points to the mysterious note. "Can't make sense of it."

Zerkai
2012-03-11, 02:58 AM
"Is there was some accident with the poisonous ingredients, do you think somepony could put together some kind of antidote for this poison, just in case? And there's the contact spell... it's not exactly my talent, but I could try casting it if that's alright?" Lyra offered, she was starting to feel useless following these ponies around, and she promised Bonbon she'd do her best.

Deadly
2012-03-11, 06:15 AM
"I didn't notice any signs of poison when I examined Rarity. However, perhaps we should have them all checked properly. Maybe we should mention this to Nurse Redheart too. If it is poison and we can be sure of which one it was, I might be able to create an antidote."

mikeejimbo
2012-03-13, 04:50 PM
Patch thinks he even has an idea of where to look for an antidote, so that is a possible path they may pursue.

Deadly
2012-03-14, 08:28 AM
"Actually," Patch said thoughtfully, "I probably know where to look for an antidote. But it won't do much if it's not poison. Still, I don't have any other ideas as it is."

((Where would this be?))

Istari
2012-03-14, 03:41 PM
"Well I'll help out if you need me. The poison angle is our best lead at the moment"

mikeejimbo
2012-03-14, 07:29 PM
((Patch could possibly mix the antidote by working backwards from the alchemy text they've found and applying first principles.))

Deadly
2012-03-15, 06:12 AM
"Alright, I can try working out an antidote." Patch looked towards the basement, "Right after I clean out the air down there. The rest of you should go see nurse Redheart. Make sure all the ponies are with her - I left Rarity in her boutique - and be sure to have her check for poison. Tell her it might be nightshade or poisonous toads, or both."

Patch, expecting no objections, when towards the basement to get to work, first cleaning the air.

((I may have to go read up on how to use spells in GURPS. He'd be using his Purify Air spell, do I need to roll or do anything or can I just assume it works given that he's in no hurry?))

mikeejimbo
2012-03-15, 05:56 PM
"[color=Purple]((I may have to go read up on how to use spells in GURPS. He'd be using his Purify Air spell, do I need to roll or do anything or can I just assume it works given that he's in no hurry?))

((Since it's a spell, you'll have to roll because the results of a potential critical failure can be harmful. It will also cost Fatigue even if it fails, but Patch could just rest and try again.))

Zerkai
2012-03-15, 06:56 PM
"I think I'll stay here. I have a few ideas about this contact spell, if I can cast it..." Lyra walked over to the notes they have taken from the basement, reading the contact spell.

Once she got the gist of it, the unicorn closed her eyes, horn starting to glow as she attempted to cast the contact spell, thinking of Bonbon's name as she attempted to contact her.

Spellcasting attempt;
[roll0] vs IQ-4 (9)

"Bonbon?"

Deadly
2012-03-16, 06:03 AM
Patch picked up the napkin and held it over his mouth as he descended into the basement to clean the air, hopefully making it safe if it wasn't already.

Purify Air: [roll0] vs 14

mikeejimbo
2012-03-16, 05:32 PM
Lyra, and the other ponies around her, see an image of a slightly startled Bonbon hovering in the air.

"Lyra? What... are you casting a spell?" she asked.

The air in the basement ceases to smell like anything at all. Patch can't be sure it's completely safe, but it's quite likely to be. There are still some alchemical components left in here.

Forum Explorer
2012-03-16, 07:07 PM
Hello can you hear the rest of us? Firefly said getting up from the floor.

Zerkai
2012-03-17, 04:12 AM
Lyra's eyes widened as she gaped at the floating Bonbon head, but she realized that she cast the spell correctly and grinned up at the floating Bonbon head, hopping in place. "Yes yes yes! It worked!"

Lyra ceased her hopping and waved at Lyra with a big smile "Yeah, I'm at Twilight's library. We were looking through Twilight's notes to find out how the sleeping sickness happened. The others are working on it while I made sure this spell really worked. I also wanna see what happens if I try to contact Twilight or one of the other sleeping ponies with it."

Deadly
2012-03-17, 08:08 AM
Patch decided to look around the basement some more while gathering ingredients for his work on the antidote, now that he didn't feel the need to get out quickly. Maybe they had missed something the first time.

Perception: [roll0] vs 13

mikeejimbo
2012-03-17, 02:23 PM
Hello can you hear the rest of us? Firefly said getting up from the floor.

"Oh, hello there!" Bonbon said to Firefly. "Apparently I can!"

"Yeah, I'm at Twilight's library. We were looking through Twilight's notes to find out how the sleeping sickness happened. The others are working on it while I made sure this spell really worked. I also wanna see what happens if I try to contact Twilight or one of the other sleeping ponies with it."[/COLOR]

"You're amazing!" Bonbon said. She knew Lyra didn't previously know such a spell and was quite impressed that she could cast it. "That sounds like a good plan, I hope it works."

Patch decided to look around the basement some more while gathering ingredients for his work on the antidote, now that he didn't feel the need to get out quickly. Maybe they had missed something the first time.

Now that Patch has more time to scour the basement, he indeed finds more than they already had. While before they were mostly looking for things that seemed to do with whatever Twilight and the Zebras had been working on (judging mostly from proximity to the workstation), now he's able to find some more alchemical ingredients, most of which are fairly mundane. There are a few more exotic ones, such as phoenix and cockatrice feathers, and even some dragon scales. (The dragon scales are a familiar purple hue, possibly from Spike shedding.) Patch doesn't think that these more exotic ingredients would be necessary for an antidote, however.

Deadly
2012-03-17, 02:33 PM
Patch tries to think of what these exotic things might be used for. Would be strange for Twilight to have such rare reagents lying around if she wasn't thinking she might need them for something.

Alchemy? [roll0] vs 16

Zerkai
2012-03-19, 07:26 AM
"You're amazing!" Bonbon said. She knew Lyra didn't previously know such a spell and was quite impressed that she could cast it. "That sounds like a good plan, I hope it works."

"Aww, it's was nothing really. The spell was pretty simple..." The unicorn mare blushed, rubbing the back of her neck with her hoof. She made a mental note to talk with Twilight when this was all over. Maybe there were more spells she could learn to cast?

"Anyways. Some of the stuff Twilight and the others were using were ingredients that could make a paralyzing poison. Twilight's study study in the basement smelled funny, like incense maybe...? We covered up our mouths, but just in case... If you don't hear from us in a few hours, somepony should call Celestia."

Istari
2012-03-19, 05:16 PM
"I'll head out and talk to Nurse Redheart now and see if we can share the information we've found."
Novello exits the library.

mikeejimbo
2012-03-20, 06:25 PM
Try as Patch might, he can't think of any applications for those ingredients. The ingredients individually, perhaps, he can think of good luck charms, vitality potions and even something that keeps the winter chills off, but nothing for all the ingredients. It does occur to him to ask Spike if he might know why they are kept.

Bonbon says that also sounds like a good idea, and she'll do so.

Meanwhile, Novello finds Nurse Redheart, tending to the sleeping, including the addition of the newest found zebra.

Deadly
2012-03-21, 07:06 AM
"Spike?" Patch picked up the items and walked back up to find the dragon. "Do you know anything about why Twilight was keeping these things? They're pretty rare, she might have intended to use them for something."

mikeejimbo
2012-03-21, 05:03 PM
"Spike?" Patch picked up the items and walked back up to find the dragon. "Do you know anything about why Twilight was keeping these things? They're pretty rare, she might have intended to use them for something."

"I don't think she had them for any reason," Spike said. "Those scales are just mine from shedding them, and that phoenix feather is Philamena's, from when Princess Celestia brought her, and the cockatrice feather was from when Fluttershy stared down that cockatrice in the Everfree Forest," he explained.

Deadly
2012-03-22, 05:39 AM
Patch looked a little disappointed. And a little jealous. The uses he could find for such rare materials... but you don't come across such things every day, unless you're Twilight. "Oh. Of course... right. I'll just get back to work," he said and went back downstairs

Zerkai
2012-03-26, 11:48 PM
"Alright, I should get to work on this Bonbon. I'll contact you or the mayor if we come up with anything." Lyra smiled and waved at Bonbon's disembodied floating head as she canceled the spell. She trot over to Twilight's room and took a deep breath.

"Okay... Twilight Sparkle?" Lyras horn glowed as she attempted to cast the spell again.

Spelcasting attempt;
[roll0] vs IQ-4 (9)

(OOC: Sorry everypony, thing's are a bit hectic and I've gotten distracted.)

mikeejimbo
2012-03-27, 08:14 PM
(OOC: Ahh excellent. Sorry, Deadly, I was waiting for more to post before getting back to you, too.)

Patch thinks he can prepare a potion that might counteract the paralysis. He knows that there is a chance it won't work, but also knows that the possible antidote won't hurt, at least.

Through concentrated effort and sheer willpower, Lyra manages to cast the spell a second time. As she wasn't even sure it would work, she began to see the form of Twilight materialize before her. Strangely, she doesn't seem asleep!

"Huh, where am I?" she says, sounding confused but not groggy. "Oh! You're contacting me! I'm sorry, but I have to go back. Er, that is I don't have long to talk."

Forum Explorer
2012-03-27, 11:54 PM
Speak really fast then. Why are you and the others asleep? What can we do to undo it? Get back where? Firefly grabs some paper and a quill and prepares to record everything Twilight says.

Zerkai
2012-03-28, 12:47 AM
"Twilight! There are ponies all around Ponyville that can't wake up! We went to Zecora's hut and she wouldn't wake up either! Rarity, Bonbon's cousin... You're asleep too Twilight." she thought she'd point out after a moment as she climbed up the stairs to Twilight's sleeping form. If Bonbon could see the others, then Twilight might be able to see herself.

"We found your notes in your study and I cast the contact spell. We don't know how to help the sleeping ponies..."

Deadly
2012-03-28, 02:50 AM
((No problem, I should probably have posted something more))

Patch gathered the ingredients and began the careful work of measuring out the proper amounts, preparing them in arcane ways and mixing them in just the right order while stirring the bubbling concoction. This was exactly his kind of thing, and he found himself quite enjoying it despite the graveness of the situation.

Alchemy: [roll0] vs 16

Let me know if I need any other rolls

mikeejimbo
2012-03-29, 11:34 PM
"Asleep?" Twilight says, furrowing her brow, especially at the sight of her own sleeping form. Then she seems to understand. "Of course! I'm in the Dream Lands! Rarity and Zecora are with me, no wonder they'd be asleep. But I didn't know about Bonbon's cousin..."

Meanwhile, the alchemy goes extremely well for Patch. He can't be sure that the mixture will work, but he is sure that it is a perfect specimen of the potion he was attempting to create. If the cause has been properly deduced, this is the correct antidote.

Forum Explorer
2012-03-29, 11:58 PM
You should keep an eye out for that fancy speaking Zebra friend of yours. She's asleep as well. Also how do we wake you up?

Deadly
2012-03-30, 07:05 AM
"Hah! I did it!" Patch exclaimed with pride, holding up his work carefully as he inspected the result one more time. "The work of a true master," he grinned at himself and trotted up the stairs, "I've got the antidote, if it is the poison we suspect then we'll have them all up and running in no time," he said to the others.

mikeejimbo
2012-03-30, 11:26 PM
"I promise you that Zecora, Rarity and I will wake up when we're done here. Until then, don't wake us up! But if other ponies are asleep... do you have a plan to try to wake them up? Wake up any foals that are asleep, if you can." Twilight said. A slight sound of panic had crept into her tone, and she was speaking more quickly.

Zerkai
2012-04-01, 11:27 AM
"We're have some guesses. I was thinking some ponies may have been exposed to some of the ingredients in the recipie we found in your study. Some of them have... paralytic properties, but now... other ponies aren't waking up, does it mean they're stuck in the 'Dream Lands' too?" Lyra asked with a furrowed brow, she had no idea about the Dream Lands or how they'd get ponies out of it if it wasn't a poison.

mikeejimbo
2012-04-01, 12:33 PM
"I don't know, both are possible," Twilight said. Her image was beginning to fade. "Try to wake up somepony like Bonbon's cousin, just not myself, Zecora, Rarity or Espirt d'Equipe." Twilight continued to fade, also getting quieter.

Deadly
2012-04-02, 06:46 AM
"Wait, why are you sleeping? What are you doing?" Patch asked, hoping to get the most pressing question on mind answered before it was too late.

Istari
2012-04-03, 02:44 PM
"Nurse Redheart, I figured I should check up on how the medical treatment is going, some of other ponies and I have found some new information such as some things that the sleeping ponies were possible exposed to."

mikeejimbo
2012-04-03, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately Twilight fades away completely and if she heard that, she is unable to give a response.

"Their state hasn't changed," Nurse Redheart says. "They are medically just fine, but they're not awake. Any new information would be good to have."

Zerkai
2012-04-04, 07:19 PM
"Well... a least we learned something new." Lyra let out a sigh as Twilight's image faded and the contact spell ended.

"Hopefully the antidote will work... but for now, we should search the library for any books on the 'Dream Lands', just in case it doesn't." She said as she started scouring the shelves of books for any titles about dreams or dream lands.

Perception: [roll0] vs 13

Deadly
2012-04-07, 05:24 AM
"Curses!" Patch muttered under his breath. "I really would have liked to know why they are wandering around in the dream lands." He sighed and nodded at Lyra, "As good an idea as any," and followed her to help with the search.

mikeejimbo
2012-04-08, 12:48 PM
There are no books about the Dream Lands that Lyra can see, but she does find a book about dreams in general that might be helpful. As she flips through it, she finds a section on the Dream Lands.

The Dream Lands is a place that ponies sufficiently advanced in Dreaming are able to visit in their sleep. As the Dream Lands is a location, one can meet up with his or her friends in the Dream Lands for a shared experience. One must use caution, however, as being in the Dream Lands is not like regular dreaming. It is theoretically possible to become stuck there, and unable to be awoken until one finds his or her way back to normal sleep.

Forum Explorer
2012-04-08, 01:25 PM
Ok so we know what happened, kinda, and how it happened, kinda. Now we still don't know Why they won't wake up or how the others fell asleep. Should we try to find some common ground with the others? Or should we try and enter the dreamlands ourselves?

Zerkai
2012-04-09, 07:00 AM
"We should still try the antidote on somepony just in case, but I'm not so sure it's work..." Lyra spoke up as she looked through the book she found. When she finished ,she read the entry that stood out aloud for the other ponies.

"-So ponies can be stuck in the dream lands, and unless they find their way back to normal sleep, they won't wake up... and we can meet other ponies in the dream lands. So... we might be able to go there if we go to sleep maybe? I don't think I'm 'skilled in dreaming'. I could try and contact other asleep ponies though."

Deadly
2012-04-09, 11:36 AM
Patch turned and began walking for the door. "Yes, let's try to antidote first. Regardless of what Twilight and her friends were up to, there must be a reason why the other ponies are lost in the Dream World too and poison seems the most immediate answer," he said with some amount of conviction. "If that doesn't work I say let's try contacting them, as Lyra suggests. Going into the dream land should be out absolute last option." He did find himself rather curious about it, though. Even more so about the reason why Twilight and her friends were strolling around in there and didn't want to be awoken. "And if it does work, I say there are still some questions left to answer after that."

Istari
2012-04-09, 07:13 PM
"Twilight was apparently working with nightshade and a poisonous toad for some sort of potion, its possible those ingredients could be used in order to paralyze, so we thing its possible that something from that went horribly wrong."

Deadly
2012-04-10, 04:46 AM
Patch trotted off towards the Ponyville hospital to check in on the ponies there. He hoped Rarity had gotten there well. It was probably better than her staying in the boutique.

He wasn't sure what she was doing with Twilight in the Dream Lands, though. Had she been working on all this too? Patch felt a little sad that he hadn't even heard of any of this until now, it sounded like something he'd have loved to work on. Lots of herbs and alchemical dealings and ancient zebra wisdom. It almost seemed like it had to be some secretive dealings if they were leaving him out like this.

Maybe the other sleeping ponies, if awoken, could help answer some of the nagging questions. Hopefully the antidote would do the job.

Forum Explorer
2012-04-10, 12:12 PM
I think we should try contacting one of the other sleeping ponies first. Then lets try the antidote.

Zerkai
2012-04-11, 05:10 PM
"Alright. I'll try and contact Bonbons cousin, Chocolate Cream. Maybe we can help even if we're not in the dream lands..." Lyra nodded as she set the book on dreams down and attempted the contact spell for the third time.

"Chocolate Cream...?" She asked as her horn lit up with magic.

Spellcasting attempt;
[roll0] vs IQ-4 (9)

mikeejimbo
2012-04-11, 08:47 PM
Casting the spell seems much more difficult this time, but eventually the foal comes into view much the same way Twilight did before.

The colt blinks a bit. "What..what's going on?" he asks.

Zerkai
2012-04-12, 07:42 AM
"Chocolate Cream, it... it's me, Lyra, Bonbon's friend!" Lyra waved, breathing heavy. The spell felt like it took more effort to cast this time.

"Can you tell us where you are right now?"

mikeejimbo
2012-04-13, 04:47 PM
"I'm not sure. It's some sort of...cave. I don't remember how I got here, though. There are some other ponies with me, too. I don't think any of us know how we got here. Or how to get out," he said. He sounds nervous, but not panicking at the moment. "How are you talking to me?"

Forum Explorer
2012-04-14, 04:20 AM
We found a communication spell in Twilight's library. Can you tell us everypony who is with you?

Zerkai
2012-04-14, 04:54 PM
"Yes, a contact spell." Lyra nodded as she looked up at the colt, thinking about how to tell him.

"You're asleep right now Chocolate Cream, in a place called the Dream Lands. You can meet other ponies who are dreaming there. Your parents aren't able to wake you so we think you're stuck there, along with a bunch of other ponies that won't wake up. Can you tell us what's happening there?"

mikeejimbo
2012-04-15, 01:14 AM
"Synergy is with me," he said. "And some foals I'd never met before - Sugar Song, Cloud Chaser and Star Charmer."

This latter bit of news is possibly surprising to those gathered - they haven't heard of those foals before either.

Zerkai
2012-04-20, 04:41 PM
"Sugar Song... Star Charmer..." She repeated the names and they didn't ring a bell, her heart sinking as she got the impression this was going to get worse.

"How did they all get there with you? Are they from Ponyville too?"

mikeejimbo
2012-04-22, 02:44 PM
"Sugar Song... Star Charmer..." She repeated the names and they didn't ring a bell, her heart sinking as she got the impression this was going to get worse.

"How did they all get there with you? Are they from Ponyville too?"

"No, they're not from Ponyville," Chocolate Cream said. "And they don't know how they got here either. They keep trying to think, but can't remember."

Forum Explorer
2012-04-22, 04:50 PM
Where are they from and who are their parents? Firefly asked as he started to write down their names on whatever's available.

Zerkai
2012-04-23, 01:59 AM
"I see... Like I was saying Chocolate Cream, you're in a place called the Dream Lands. It's a dream world where ponies can meet each other when they're sleeping."

Deadly
2012-04-23, 04:23 AM
Patch just listened. He wasn't sure what more they could ask these ponies, they clearly had no clue where they were or what was going on or how to do anything about it.