PDA

View Full Version : The Platinum Knight and His Golden Retainers [3.5, Plot Thoughts]

NineThePuma
2012-01-03, 11:09 PM
Okay, so I had a thought about how to change up the balance of power in my game 'verse, and I saw a note that one of the stories about Tiamat is that she once murdered Io's firstborn son and tried to frame Bahamut. Io saw through this and banished Tiamat and so on, but that got me to thinking.

What if she'd succeeded?

This immediately launched into the obvious. Metallic Dragons, the "more powerful" breed, end up weaker, while the Chromatics end up stronger. But this wasn't the only change that I could see. With Evil being a bit more powerful and Good being a bit weaker, I saw the balance of power shifting slightly, making Bahamut's "Old Man With The Canaries" persona less likely. He can't wander around all peaceful like in a world that's ever so slightly more dangerous.

But Bahamut struck me as someone who wouldn't want to get "out of the house" for a while, so to speak. This, combined with my reassignment of his alignment from LG to CG (Instead of dealing with Tiamat above board, where it would be Justice, he had to do it against his father's wishes. This remained ingrained in his behaviors later on) lead to me considering that Bahamut's "best place" to be wasn't Celestia, and was actually Ysgard (Because Arborea wasn't really a good place for him, IMHO).

Thus, the Platinum Knight and his Golden Retainers, are Bahamut's 'mortal' alter ego. It's not something that's well known at all, and they actually closely resemble a (large) adventuring party. Their emblem is a stylized dragon head, and the retainers display a tattoo of the emblem on their left shoulder most of the time. I'm wondering what sort of gear I should have them have though, given that they're impersonating a level 14 party.