PDA

View Full Version : Best epic survivors?

Balor01
2012-01-04, 03:50 AM
I have a question regarding epic monsters (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/epicMonstersAndObstacles.htm).
If a bunch of them were summoned(gated) on a small continent (wizard did it that's how), I guess they would duel each other. Which ones do you think would come on top? I guess the ones with highest INT/WIS stats, but there may be some decent brutes out there, so I ask this here.

Do you think any would be interested in staying on Material plane instead of hopping onto more suitable planes? Maybe they would just hop out the moment they ended their task/their summoners got killed?

Shadowleaf
2012-01-04, 03:52 AM
Worm That Walks probably. Discorporate is pretty hard to get around.

_Jarlaxle_
2012-01-04, 04:42 AM
Out of this list the demilich would because he is an epic level spellcaster with a lot of immunities and special abilities

Alleran
2012-01-04, 05:10 AM
Out of this list the demilich would because he is an epic level spellcaster with a lot of immunities and special abilities
The Infernal might be able to counter it somewhat thanks to the Learned Spell Immunity, though. The demilich only has one chance to have an individual spell work, or it will never work on that Infernal.

Myth
2012-01-04, 05:18 AM
Worm That Walks is both an Epic creature and one of the Elder Evils (from the Elder Evils 3.5 book). Oh WOTC and your lack of creativity... Is there a "same named things" handbook somewhere? Like Artificer (class and PrC), Hlaf-Ogre (template and race) and this, there are so many more examples...

Gandariel
2012-01-04, 05:19 AM
I'll just say Hecatonchieres. cause he's immune to a lot of stuff, and uber strong

Aharon
2012-01-04, 05:33 AM
Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon? As written, higher CL, Int than the Demilich.

Killer Angel
2012-01-04, 05:45 AM

A lot of those monsters are epic level spellcasters.

Venser
2012-01-04, 06:48 AM
From those listed above, the Worm That Walks.

From epic and high powered creatures(all of them), most likely atropus or leviathan.

Ravens_cry
2012-01-04, 07:50 AM
Oh, the Worm the Walks, something about that just sets off my personal nightmare.
Maybe because I know, in a way, that's what we are, replacing worms with cells.

Myth
2012-01-04, 08:01 AM
WTW doesn't even have Epic Spellcasting. A GW Prismatic Dragon or Demilich are stronger.

Killer Angel
2012-01-04, 08:05 AM
WTW doesn't even have Epic Spellcasting.

It's still a template that you apply to a wizard or a sorc, with improved spell capacity 10th and 11th. Pretty impressive.

Myth
2012-01-04, 08:20 AM
No I'm pretty sure the feats don't come with the template, they're the two Epic level feats for the sample lvl 23 Wizard that acquired the template. I'd much rather have the Demilich's special options as a caster.

Killer Angel
2012-01-04, 09:33 AM
No I'm pretty sure the feats don't come with the template, they're the two Epic level feats for the sample lvl 23 Wizard that acquired the template. I'd much rather have the Demilich's special options as a caster.

Yep, I expressed myself badly in my previous post: since both the WTW and the Demilich are templates that depends on the starting caster, I was supposing we were using as basis, the 2 examples listed.
Thus, both have epic casting feats.

Urpriest
2012-01-04, 02:12 PM
Worm That Walks is both an Epic creature and one of the Elder Evils (from the Elder Evils 3.5 book). Oh WOTC and your lack of creativity... Is there a "same named things" handbook somewhere? Like Artificer (class and PrC), Hlaf-Ogre (template and race) and this, there are so many more examples...

In this case they're actually supposed to be related, as both are part of the wider mythology of Kyuss. IIRC, Kyuss is the Elder Evil, while Worm that Walks is the template that he used to become one.

Andion Isurand
2012-01-04, 08:34 PM
Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon? As written, higher CL, Int than the Demilich.

I'd check out the epic Time Dragon in Dragon Magazine 359