PDA

View Full Version : Two gestalt incarnum questions

Essence_of_War
2012-01-04, 10:49 AM
1)I was thinking about making a Binder//Incarnate for a level 5 gestalt game.

I've never touched the binder before, but I have skimmed the The handbook over at BG. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=cgcu94alq0gic3528rg5jsf7k7&topic=137.0) Can anyone offer any useful pointers on combining these two classes in gestalt for fun and profit? :smallsmile:

2) If I don't go the Binder//Incarnate route, I was considering a Soulborn//Incarnate. Having access to the incarnate's massive essentia pool to fuel some of the Soulborn's fun combat soulmelds seemed like it might be an interesting combination. Has anyone tried this before?

Person_Man
2012-01-04, 11:47 AM
Binder//Incarnate is a pretty decent option with a variety of synergies.

If you're looking for strait combat, then the Paimon vestige (Dance of Death, Paimon’s Blade, Paimon’s Dexterity, Paimon’s Skills, Uncanny Dodge, Whirlwind Attack) combined with the Incarnate's melee oriented soulmelds (Necrocarnum Circlet, Mantle of Flame, Astral Vembraces, etc) are an excellent combo, especially for Chaotic Incarnates (who can get +20 base land speed once per day from their Incarnum Radiance), Karmic Strike, and Knock-Down or a Ritiik (Frostburn, grants a Trip) is a good idea.

If you're looking for a more nuanced build, then the Naberius vestige (Disguise Self, Faster Ability Healing, Naberius’s Skills, Persuasive Words, Silver Tongue) combined with the Silvertongue Mask and various Vile feats (Chosen of Evil, Dark Speech, Dark Whispers) has a variety of diplomancy and denial options.

Whatever you do, keep in mind that Soulborn is a terrible, terrible class, and should not be used with anything. I have a homebrew fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156441) you may wish to consider. There is no reason to ever use the RAW Soulborn.

Andreaz
2012-01-04, 01:20 PM
2) If I don't go the Binder//Incarnate route, I was considering a Soulborn//Incarnate. Having access to the incarnate's massive essentia pool to fuel some of the Soulborn's fun combat soulmelds seemed like it might be an interesting combination. Has anyone tried this before?

### Soulborn is incarnum's answer to a paladin...and frankly it fails. You'd get more benefits from Warrior. If you truly want the soulmelds from Soulborn that incarnate doesn't have and are actually good, you'll only spend a feat or two on Shape Soulmeld.

### If you are willing to accept homebrew, check this forum's Esper Knight instead. It's basically an essentia-based jedi knight, with a very simple execution and a good bag of tricks, as well as good damage output.

### Otherwise, straight paladin may be your answer. Or even fighter. If it's just the spanking, all the typical fighter alternatives will suit you fine.

I did a similar build once, was pretty fun: cleric//incarnate

Essence_of_War
2012-01-04, 02:31 PM
There is no reason to ever use the RAW Soulborn.

I think it's actually passable at getting into Suel Arcanamach (all skills class skills, full BAB)...but the point is well taken :smalltongue:

Hiro Protagonest
2012-01-04, 09:20 PM
### Soulborn is incarnum's answer to a paladin...and frankly it fails. You'd get more benefits from Warrior. If you truly want the soulmelds from Soulborn that incarnate doesn't have and are actually good, you'll only spend a feat or two on Shape Soulmeld.

You mean UA warrior, right?