PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

stack
2012-01-04, 02:31 PM
I'm mulling trying to run Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, using Pathfinder instead of 3.5. Are there any subtleties that would mess things up that I am likely to overlook?

Minor changes to feats and going to the CMB/CMD system are no real issue. I figure I would drop Borogravia into Ustalav (who would notice?). The Knight of the Raven prestige class might need a bit of tweaking, as would the moonfriend ring, due to the changes to turn undead.

One advantage is that with PF channeling/turning it is no longer trivially easy to use WBL and a few feats to gain the ability to insta-fry the big bad as a swift action 95% of the time by level 7.

Would fast XP track be best? I believe that is the one supposed to model 3.5.

Bhaakon
2012-01-04, 07:53 PM
PBP or IRL, because I'm already interested.

And yes, fast XP track mimics 3.5, so it would probably be the way to go.

sreservoir
2012-01-04, 08:12 PM
6-10 adventure, yes? that's right around when even the fast track starts deviating significantly from 3.5. PF experience works quite differently from 3.5, and it's possibly easier to go with the 13 encounters/level guideline and ad-hoc it.

stack
2012-01-04, 09:35 PM
PBP, though I might wait until I have a lower game-load. Not all of us can DM multiples simultaneously.:smallbiggrin:

Yes, it runs 6-10, though I may omit minor fights to speed things up, as pbp is slow enough as is. If everyone starts dying I'll give out more XP.:xykon:

stack
2012-01-05, 01:44 PM
I decided not to wait. Link is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227871).

Bhaakon- I expect a sheet.