PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done with a wand?

King Atticus
2012-01-04, 02:58 PM
I'm trying to add some pure RP goodness to my factotum. My idea is to start collecting holy symbols from random gods (as suggested in the text) and then go around pretending to be a cleric of these various deities. My question is as follows...Is there a way to cast a spell from a wand but make it seem as if you cast it as a pure caster would have?

I'm thinking full on snake-oil salesman holy roller revivalist channeling my "divine" connection to heal people (while using a wand of cure light, or some such) and then using knowledge: religion and bluff to fill in all the sermonizing :smallbiggrin:

As always any help is greatly appreciated

Diarmuid
2012-01-04, 03:00 PM
If you could swing a Wand Chamber into a holy symbol, or perhaps into a shield/weapon then you could "cast" the spell and just add the appropriate otherwise unnecessary components.

CTrees
2012-01-04, 03:13 PM
I could see a Sleight of Hand check to hide the wand in your sleeve while pretending to cast the spell, possibly followed up with a bluff or spellcraft check to fill in any verbal components needed.

stack
2012-01-04, 03:23 PM
I believe there is one in pathfinder, if you can get it approved.

sreservoir
2012-01-04, 03:23 PM
make 50-charge custom items shaped like holy symbols, cost is spell level * caster level * 750 gp?

perhaps use either the craft wand or craft staff feat as the IC feat, because they use the same mechanics.

TuggyNE
2012-01-04, 05:41 PM
I believe there is one in pathfinder, if you can get it approved.

Yeah, this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225914) has some more information.

King Atticus
2012-01-04, 07:16 PM
Yeah, this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225914) has some more information.

...and here's me thinking I had an original idea :smallredface:

Thanks for the ideas everybody. I love this concept and can't wait to put it to work. My DM is big into RP stuff so I'm sure he won't have a problem bringing over that PF feat. My next step is to talk him into giving it to me for free :smallbiggrin:

TuggyNE
2012-01-05, 04:51 AM
...and here's me thinking I had an original idea :smallredface:

As the saying goes, "There is nothing new under the sun." :smallwink: Don't worry about it too much, obviously it wasn't a bad idea. :smallsmile: