PDA

View Full Version : 3.X Spells to add templates

herrhauptmann
2012-01-04, 04:53 PM
So I'm wondering what spells there are that can add/change someone's type and template.

The originator of this question: Mineralize Warrior. Adds the mineral warrior template onto another person.

Fiendform (some FR book): Lets you essentially polymorph into a fiend from the Summon Monster line of spells. I think 1-6.
Obviously there's the polymorph and body of X series. Some are permanent, most are not. (PHB/

There's the 'ritual' to turn yourself into a Necropolitan, a Dragonborn, or an Elan. Each has its own advantages/disadvantages.

What else is there? Anything?
Thanks.

{table=head]Spell|Source|High Cost?|Duration|effect
Mineralize warrior|Underdark|gems 500gp/HD, 250 XP/HD|Permanent|Mineral warrior
Fiendform|MoF|Bone from any fiend or half fiend|Minute/level|Polymorph self into fiend from Summon Monster 1-6.
GreaterVisage of Deity|CDiv|None|rd/level|Half Celestial/fiend
Incarnate Construct|SS|5000XP|Permanent|Awakens construct
Body of War|SC|None|round/level|Warforged titan.
Elan|EPH|go to level 1.|Permanent|Become an elan.
Necropolitan|LM?|GP, die and lose level|Permanent|become necropolitan
Dragonborn|RoD|100gp, handful of dragonscales, 24 sleep|Permanent|Become dragonborn
Nar Fiendform|LEoF|500XP per level (gems too)|Permanent|Half fiend template.
Awaken(mass)|PHB/SC|250xp per creature/casting|Permanent|Awakens animal or tree
Awaken Construct|SC|5000xp|Permanent|Same as Incarnate Construct
[/table]

cd4
2012-01-04, 05:02 PM
Greater Visage of the Deity (CDiv p187) a 9th level Cleric spell gives you the half-fiend or half celestial template for 1 round per level

dextercorvia
2012-01-04, 05:04 PM
So I'm wondering what spells there are that can add/change someone's type and template.

The originator of this question: Mineralize Warrior. Adds the mineral warrior template onto another person.

Fiendform (some FR book): Lets you essentially polymorph into a fiend from the Summon Monster line of spells. I think 1-6.
Obviously there's the polymorph and body of X series. Some are permanent, most are not. (PHB/

There's the 'ritual' to turn yourself into a Necropolitan, a Dragonborn, or an Elan. Each has its own advantages/disadvantages.

What else is there? Anything?
Thanks.

Incarnate Construct (SS) grants the eponymous template.

herrhauptmann
2012-01-04, 05:34 PM
Incarnate Construct (SS) grants the eponymous template.

Greater Visage of the Deity (CDiv p187) a 9th level Cleric spell gives you the half-fiend or half celestial template for 1 round per level
Thanks guys. Got them added to a table now.

If anyone else knows one, please lemme know.
(Note, I'm not just looking for a list of templates that are good)

Thurbane
2012-01-04, 05:54 PM
There's one on the SC (originally from ToH, I believe) that permanently adds the Fiendish template to an undead...name escapes me at the moment, and one of my group has both SC and ToH with him.

Vile Death!

...it doesn't change type, though, only adds the template (and Extraplanar subtype).