PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Brothers - Bard & Warblade

McClintock
2012-01-04, 08:11 PM
As the title says, a friend of mine and I have this kooky idea of being traveling dwarves. I want to be the muscle and damage broker, while he spins the tales and provides the spells. Suggestions on builds is appreciated. we use a 32pt buy and have a few house rules that are important to know:

the only other character i am pretty sure will be in the party is a Mystic Mistake
both others are unknowns

Non-WOTC books not allowed.
Dragon Magazine stuff not allowed.
only 2 base classes and only 2 prestige classes.
NO MIC, not at all, don't even ask. (we had a PC who abused the hell out of the book and the DM got a bad taste in his mouth from it.)
I can get my hands on most books, but I will post a list of books we don't have, as these are the only "banned" books.

we are not a heavily optimized party, but I would like to show up the mystic a bit now and then if possible.

NOTES on the warblade: I would like to go with the throwing line and forcus on tossing in hammers and finishing off with waraxe, but I am not stuck on it.

Let me know if you want more details on anything.

thanks

Novawurmson
2012-01-04, 08:24 PM
There's a pretty awesome Dwarf-Only prestige class in the ToB...Deep Sentinel maybe? That'd be nice for the Warblade. Bloodstorm Blade would help with hammer throwing.

As for the Bard, try for a Gold Dwarf. No CHA penalty!

Ernir
2012-01-04, 08:43 PM
Either go Two-weapon Fighting on the Warblade + Dragonfire Inspiration on the Bard, or Power Attack on the Warblade and ordinary Inspire Courage on the Bard?

NOTES on the warblade: I would like to go with the throwing line and forcus on tossing in hammers and finishing off with waraxe, but I am not stuck on it.
Bloodstorm Blade is what you want if throwing Hammers is to be your thing.

Finishing off with a waraxe shouldn't be necessary, though. Just throw more hammers!

Leon
2012-01-05, 12:37 AM
Bloodstorm Blunt is what you want if throwing Hammers is to be your thing.

Whitetextiswhite

deuxhero
2012-01-05, 12:43 AM
Don't Bards get the Heroics spell? Remember Martial Study/Stance is a [Fighter] feat.