PDA

View Full Version : How do you hide something?

Pika...
2012-01-05, 01:30 AM
I know the rules for Hide allow you to A) Hide yourself, B) Hide an object on your person, and C) Hide someone with you with a hefty penalty.

However, what I found last session with my trap making Copper Dragon/Rogue PC is that there is no mention of how to hide something from view of others other than in the above listed ways. Basically, I want to know what Hide Check roll/DC I have to make when I am trying to hide a stationary trap I made to determine the Spot Check needed for an opponent to spot it (or not).

Many pikas in advance!

Flickerdart
2012-01-05, 01:45 AM
Traps have a set detect DC determined during creation. A commoner hides a trap as easily as a master rogue.

hex0
2012-01-05, 01:47 AM
Traps have a set detect DC determined during creation. A commoner hides a trap as easily as a master rogue.

Although I guess you could houserule a synergy bonus for Disable Device to a bonus to hide a trap, right?

Flickerdart
2012-01-05, 01:50 AM
Why Disable Device? If anything, it'd be a bonus from Search - knowing how to find traps makes it easier to hide them, because you can meaningfully survey your own handiwork.

hex0
2012-01-05, 01:53 AM
Why Disable Device? If anything, it'd be a bonus from Search - knowing how to find traps makes it easier to hide them, because you can meaningfully survey your own handiwork.

Actually, right. Search would make more sense.

Note for hiding stuff, some items get a bonus (like a dagger). I'm AFB, but do Combat Trapsmiths get a bonus to hide traps?