PDA

View Full Version : Lion Folk as a Playable Race? Where can I find it?

BoutsofInsanity
2012-01-05, 03:41 AM
So, if any of you guys have seen "Samurai Jack", I am looking specifically at the Imakandi as a playable race. I cant find Lion humanoids, or Tiger humanoids that I can re-fluff as lions, that fit the bill. Does anyone know what book and page number that will be in? Or even what monster manual humanoid lions or tigers are that I can apply to savage species?

Tvtyrant
2012-01-05, 03:43 AM
Savage Species has anthropomorphic animals, including several big cats (lions amongst them).

They can use weapons normally and have pounce, which is almost worth the lost levels.

Big Fau
2012-01-05, 04:39 AM
Catfolk (RotW)?

sonofzeal
2012-01-05, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I second the motion for Catfolk. They're closer to Imakandi than to catgirls.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/row_gallery/86632.jpg

Thurbane
2012-01-05, 05:04 AM
Arcana Unearthed has Litorians.

Official WotC: either Catfolk (as above), or Wemic (Monsters of Faerun) - bascially, a lion centaur.

paladinofshojo
2012-01-05, 05:11 AM
Believe it or not they're actually are D&D creatures like that....
If memory serves they are the Lionel (lions) and the Rakhshata (tigers)

GodGoblin
2012-01-05, 05:52 AM
Maybe a Shifter from ebberon?

Rossebay
2012-01-05, 06:47 AM
Refluffed Catfolk (with Catfolk Pounce as a feat) or Anthropomorphic Lion. Either will work.

big teej
2012-01-11, 01:35 PM
So, if any of you guys have seen "Samurai Jack", I am looking specifically at the Imakandi as a playable race. I cant find Lion humanoids, or Tiger humanoids that I can re-fluff as lions, that fit the bill. Does anyone know what book and page number that will be in? Or even what monster manual humanoid lions or tigers are that I can apply to savage species?

I'd also suggest the cat-folk refluff.

and if it were at my game, I'd even go so far as to suggest using the hybrid form of a were-tiger (or were-lion if you're inclined to create one) and just eat the HD rules I use, after all, as mentioen dearlier, pounce and the various bonuses are almost worth the lost levels...

which means you'd probably come out just fine in my games. but ymwv

Flickerdart
2012-01-11, 01:53 PM
Weretiger isn't really worth it - +9 ECL for 12 STR and Pounce isn't exactly stellar, and the DR doesn't make a difference at that level.