PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Files Monkey Demon

Tarlek Flamehai
2012-01-05, 07:45 AM
Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a monster in the official rules anywhere resembling the monkey demons from the book Blood Rites? For those who have not read the book a quote:

"The guardian demons looked like demented purple chimpanzees, except for the raven-black wings sprouting from their shoulders. There were three of them that had escaped my carefully crafted paralysis spell, and they were hot on my tail, bounding down the halls in long leaps assisted by their black feathered wings.

As I watched, one of them reached down between its crooked legs and . . . Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but it gathered up the kind of ammunition primates in zoos traditionally rely upon. The monkey-demon hurled it with a chittering scream, and it combusted on its way to me. I had to duck before the noxious ball of incendiary goop smacked into my nose."

Later the individual demons merge into one larger form.

Any takers?

Gnorman
2012-01-05, 08:02 AM
Winged template on a bar-lgura with an ad hoc acid/fire ranged touch attack?

Tarlek Flamehai
2012-01-05, 08:39 PM
Well that gives me somewhere to start, how about that merging thing...anyone seen any rules for something like that?

Togath
2012-01-06, 05:56 AM
not for the exact way it works as your descibing, though there are a few creatures which split, so maybe reversing the prosscess to make enemies who combine?

golem1972
2012-01-07, 12:20 AM
The closest thing I can think of for the monkeys is wizard of oz.

The merging sounds similar to the kalabon from fiendish codex 2.