PDA

View Full Version : Superheroes in the Playground

Asta Kask
2012-01-05, 02:38 PM
Split-off from the LGBTA thread. Basically involves taking members of the forums and turn them into a superhero (with their permission, of course). Also supervillains for the same universe.

Kenderwoman
Detect Privilege: Kenderwoman can detect (by sight) what forms of privilege an individual has, whether it is because the person is male, heterosexual, cisgender, etc. She also gains knowledge of whether people are aware of their privilege.

Flight: Kenderwoman can fly at speeds up to 300 m.p.h.

Smashhammer: Kenderwoman carries a 7-lb. mallet which she uses as a weapon. This hammer does more damage to a person the more privilege he has.

Super-strength: Kenderwoman can lift about 30 tons in a normal overhead lift.

Keveak - the Queer Cat
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/11/a923ab2f-fa45-408f-915b-f3f240ae0dba.jpg

Detect Queerness: Somewhat inappropriately named, this power allows Keveak to detect a person's sexual identity, sexual orientation and gender identity. This power is limited by line of sight.

Great Leap: Keveak has the proportional jumping power of a cat amplified a hundred times. He can jump up to 100 yards in a single bound.

Rainbow Flash: Keveak can concentrate the colors on his coat into a concentrated rainbow flash directed at a single person. The person is blinded for anywhere from seconds to minutes.

Stealth Mode: Although normally highly visible, Keveak can turn off the pulsating rainbow colors on his pelt. This is also referred to as "closet mode."

Golentan
Alien Technology: As an alien from a long-lost galaxy, Golentan has access to advanced technology including rocket-boots, gauss pistols, 3D-holographic projector and specialized biting-pillow.

Carapace: Golentan's carapace has protective capabilities roughly equal to that of a M1 tank.

Multi-Limbed: Golentan has four extra limbs, granting extraordinary grappling prowess.

Proposed villains:
Dr. Normative - criminal genius that has decided on what the 'norm' is and decided to turn everyone into a clone of that 'norm'
Gaybasher - Simple brick. Strong, tough and hates LBGTA-people.
Kyriarch - the master of all privilege.

Castaras
2012-01-05, 02:53 PM
Supervillain. Super powers I'm not sure on though, other than pie. If anyone's around that still remembers my old pie tendancies... :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2012-01-05, 03:04 PM
Well, anyone can add... I happened to do the first ones, and I can make more for people I know, but otherwise feel free to make up your own.

For inspiration on superpowers, look here. (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki)

Astrella
2012-01-05, 03:11 PM
Can you make me one, Asta? Pleaaasseee? *puppy eyes*

Asta Kask
2012-01-05, 03:21 PM
I don't know enough about you - your personality, your interests, etc. I could make something up for Kenderwoman and Keveak because we came up with a concept; 'flying sledgehammer patriarchkiller' for Kenderwoman, 'rainbow cat' for Keveak. But 'detect queer' and 'detect privilege' have been done now and it's boring to do them again. Golentan, again, is easy because you can take 'alien stranded on earth' and run with it. And I could probably come up with concepts for my closest friends on the boards, like Lix (wrestler? tackleglomp?), Coffee (speedster, genius) and JugglingGoth (martial artist with chi powers).

But for people I don't know it's difficult. I could begin with something like 'Astrella' and go to star (Astrella=star) and come up with light-based powers but I really need more to work with.

golentan
2012-01-05, 03:42 PM
Yay! Do we get to have mock battles?

I think we should totally have mock battles.

Lix Lorn
2012-01-05, 03:43 PM
And I could probably come up with concepts for my closest friends on the boards, like Lix (wrestler? tackleglomp?), Coffee (speedster, genius) and JugglingGoth (martial artist with chi powers).
You should totally do one for m...me...

my closest friends on the boards, like Lix
:smallredface:
I'mma go hide now.

(Should clearly have blush related powers)

Dallas-Dakota
2012-01-05, 03:55 PM
Related:

Just Sheldon being Sheldon.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1539329_700b.jpg

Even though the second panel has 're after the ''you''...for some weird reason.

:smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2012-01-05, 04:00 PM
:smallredface:
I'mma go hide now.

Ol' readers of the crack-pairings thread stick together...

Lix Lorn
Allies: Lix has a large number of Allies - affectionately referred to as 'her Harem' - who will come to her aid if she is threatened.
Close Combat Expert: Lix has special training in close combat including 'hugs' (various chokes, holds, and locks) and the tackleglomp (a high speed tackle), and various kinds of melee weapons (as shown in the 'You' thread).
Great and Powerful: Lix has considerable magical powers, although their exact extent remains unknown.
Hermaphromorph: Although she prefers her native female form, Lix can change into a male if the situation so requires.

KenderWizard
2012-01-05, 04:16 PM

Definitely.

Also, I love the word "hermaphromorph" and, further, everything about this thread.

Mina Kobold
2012-01-05, 04:35 PM

Now I want to do an ABR-style mock battle comic of us. :3

Why must I be so busy when all the ideas come to me!

But yes, we should. And I will Rainbify you all! With colours!

Ravens_cry
2012-01-05, 04:40 PM
Do you know me well enough to "Superhero" me?:smallbiggrin:

Arachu
2012-01-05, 04:47 PM
I wanna get antiheroed... :mitd:

Asta Kask
2012-01-05, 04:54 PM
Yeah, again... the people I know well enough:

Lix Lorn (done)
Closak
CoffeeIncluded
JugglingGoth
Zanaril
Water-Smurf
Dodos-r-not-extinct
...and I probably forgot one or two from the Crack Pairings thread.

I suppose I could do Serpentine... she has a good theme, a concept. Otherwise I really need something to start working with. But like I said, anyone's welcome to write something up.

golentan
2012-01-05, 05:02 PM
Now I want to do an ABR-style mock battle comic of us. :3

Why must I be so busy when all the ideas come to me!

But yes, we should. And I will Rainbify you all! With colours!

That's okay, I think I can take it. And it gives me an excuse to make you my friend. I will friend you so hard the friends of your friends will feel it!

Quickly, golentan! To the Orbital Friendship Cannon!

Arachu
2012-01-05, 05:21 PM
I had fourth wall awareness for a while, but the writers thought it was too - wait, there it is again. :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2012-01-05, 05:23 PM
Ol' readers of the crack-pairings thread stick together...

Lix Lorn
Allies: Lix has a large number of Allies - affectionately referred to as 'her Harem' - who will come to her aid if she is threatened.
Close Combat Expert: Lix has special training in close combat including 'hugs' (various chokes, holds, and locks) and the tackleglomp (a high speed tackle), and various kinds of melee weapons (as shown in the 'You' thread).
Great and Powerful: Lix has considerable magical powers, although their exact extent remains unknown.
Hermaphromorph: Although she prefers her native female form, Lix can change into a male if the situation so requires.
So very approved.

Definitely.

Also, I love the word "hermaphromorph" and, further, everything about this thread.
So do I!
Although I wouldn't use that power. Like, ever. DXD

That's okay, I think I can take it. And it gives me an excuse to make you my friend. I will friend you so hard the friends of your friends will feel it!

Quickly, golentan! To the Orbital Friendship Cannon!
(Has the Friendship Cannon and its evil opposite in her favourites for quick access)

golentan
2012-01-05, 05:37 PM
I will point out that I invented my version of the Orbital Friendship cannon years before the MLP version (mine arose as an in-joke with friends during a discussion of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha in 2007).

Lord Raziere
2012-01-05, 05:45 PM
I invented the Skystriker long before Rainbow Dash destroyed that barn using the same method but no one would care about that either.

Asta Kask
2012-01-05, 05:46 PM
Villain Write-up
Dr. Normative
Background: Dr. Normative was a brilliant statistician and engineer at a major university when something... happened. He looked at the data that came pouring and decided that variation was ugly. In fact, it was downright offensive. It needed reducing. So he took the only logical step - built himself a powersuit and took to a life of crime to finance his plain to cast all of humanity in one... single... mold.

Powers:
Battlesuit: The Dr's battlesuit is very much a work in progress. It always includes the Normalizer (see below) and formidable defenses.
Brilliance: Dr. Normative is a brilliant statistician, engineer and inventor. He excels in several other fields such as biology, computer science, medicine, and nanotechnology. Given time and raw materials, he can build pretty much any gadget he wants.
Normalizer: The Normalizer is a gray ray that changes a person's form and capabilities to become the average of the population in all aspects. The Dr. has grudgingly accepted the need for two sexes, but the Normalizer ruthlessely changes all intersex people into one of the sexes, deciding on the end result by random chance if necessary. The Normalizer's effect wears off after a few hours.
Procrustean Bed: This is the Normalizer perfected. A room-sized piece of equipment, it permanently 'normalizes' the victim.
The Gray Legion: The Gray Legion consists of 'normalized' people. Although this doesn't sound very threatening, they are well-trained and equipped with various superscience weapons.

littlekKID
2012-01-05, 05:51 PM
Here's mine, I'll do others if you ask me to

LittlekKID, a Wild Card (not a Superhero nor a Villain)

Fire Manipulation: LittlekKID has the ability to create and control blue flames, the color is just for show
Demonic Mimicry: LkK is a Demon of an unknow kind
Flight: thanks to her wings, LkK can fly!
Faery Physiology: LkK insist that she's a "HellFire Fairy", nobody knows what that is, including her
Bazooka: LkK has a Bazooka lying around somewhere, and might use it ifshe feels nostalgic

Anyone want me to do Super!him? :smallsmile:

Lord Raziere
2012-01-05, 06:26 PM
you can do super-me if you want….

but knowing me I'll probably get sucky powers or turn out to be a villain...

H Birchgrove
2012-01-05, 08:05 PM
Since I keep making fantasies for myself in which I'm some kind of hero-archetype (Barbarian Hero, pulp hero, super-hero, Secret Agent Man, private eye, urban vigilante etc), it would be more interesting if you did "your" thing for me, Asta Kask. :smallsmile:

But I have two suggestions:

1) I should be a "Good Is Not Nice" type of hero.

2) Like the Alec Baldwin version of The Shadow, I know what evil lurks in the hearts of men...because I've been evil myself. Or, in this context, intolerant and/or heteronormative. So I would basically be a reformed Hetero-Normative Crusader who now crusades against the evils of intolerance.

Mutant Sheep
2012-01-05, 08:10 PM
I'd wind up as a villain. I always wind up as the villain. :smalltongue: Incompetent badguy fits me pretty well though...

DonutBoy12321
2012-01-05, 10:36 PM
Donut Boy
Donut Weapons: Donut Boy utilizes various forms of donuts as weapons. These weapons are as follows.
Jelly Filled- Grenade
Chocolate- Trap
Glazed- Melee/Throwing weapon
Krispy Kreme- Shield
Powdered- Powder cloud for quick escapes.
Create Donut: Donut Boy can create a donut of any flavor at will. These donuts, however, are only for eating, and do not function as weapons.
Remain Thin: Donut Boy cannot grow fat from eating donuts, no matter how many he eats.
Lactose Intolerance: Donut Boy is viciously lactose intolerant, and may fall unconscious from contact with dairy.

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-06, 05:58 AM
Here's one version of me:

C'nor, - the Minddrake

Projective/Receptive Empathy: C'nor can sense and manipulate the emotions of those around him, which he uses for things like setting up feedback loops to enhance pleasant ones (for example, is someone is happy, as is their friend, he can make their friend experience their happiness as well, and thus become happier, then repeat the process with the first person, and so on.), or to damp/temporarily remove those that people don't want to feel.

Shapeshifting: C'nor can shift into the form of a dragon, as well as an in-between body, which is basically a half-dragon form.

Dreamweaver: C'nor can craft and alter dreams, which he uses for various things, ranging from simply giving someone a pleasant dream, to changing a nightmare, or even communicating with the person through a dream.

Elfblooded: C'nor shares the strengths and weaknesses of the elves, including being unable to touch cold iron, and the ability to call others to him, as well as trap humans in the realm of the Fae, and enchant them into following him there willingly, which is usually used to trap villains.

Alternate villain version to come later, maybe.

Also, please feel free to write up your own version of me, whether hero or villain!

Anuan
2012-01-06, 07:28 AM
Ooh, ooh, somebody make me a superhero :smallbiggrin:

littlekKID
2012-01-06, 01:44 PM
you can do super-me if you want….

but knowing me I'll probably get sucky powers or turn out to be a villain...

Don't worry ,you won't :smallsmile: .

I'm looking a bit at your past comments ,to see what kind of powers and morality (Hero, Wild Card or Villain) fits you, but if you have some kind of preferences -tell me :smallbiggrin:

I'll probably do one of the other requests here after that, unless they insist on Asta Kask to do theirs

noparlpf
2012-01-06, 03:39 PM
I would want to be a superhero except that I can't think of anything super I would want to do. I could just be like the BMX Bandit, except with this skateboard once I learn how to ride it. Other powers include never planning anything sensibly because that would be less fun, never guessing directions properly at an intersection, resistance to cold and physical discomfort, and an apparent lack of a self-preservation instinct.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-07, 04:31 PM
Proposed villains:
Dr. Normative - criminal genius that has decided on what the 'norm' is and decided to turn everyone into a clone of that 'norm'
Gaybasher - Simple brick. Strong, tough and hates LBGTA-people.
Kyriarch - the master of all privilege.

I see my name isn't on the list.:smallannoyed: And don't think about putting me in any henchmen league. I'm good enough for any evil league...of evil. I got a PhD in Epicness!

Asta Kask
2012-01-07, 05:23 PM
I see my name isn't on the list.:smallannoyed: And don't think about putting me in any henchmen league. I'm good enough for any evil league...of evil. I got a PhD in Epicness!

The list were only villains I thought up myself... I would never dare to presume I made up your Epicness! If you write yourself up I will be more than happy to welcome you into our Villainous League.

The Succubus
2012-01-07, 05:46 PM
Definitely.

Hmm - I'm kinda stuck. What does the legendary Femhammer look like?

Asta Kask
2012-01-07, 05:48 PM
Hmm - I'm kinda stuck. What does the legendary Femhammer look like?

www.radicalrags.com/images/t-shirts/smash_patriarchy_design.gif

It should look dangerous. This is not a cute hammer. This is not a pretty hammer. This is a hammer that smashes things.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-07, 07:47 PM
The list were only villains I thought up myself... I would never dare to presume I made up your Epicness! If you write yourself up I will be more than happy to welcome you into our Villainous League.

Write myself up? How do I do that?:smallconfused:

The Succubus
2012-01-07, 08:08 PM
Here she comes to smash the patriarchy!

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/6779/kenderlrg.png

And a slightly smaller version:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6149/kenderav.png

Complete with Queerkitty sidekick! :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2012-01-08, 05:43 AM
Write myself up? How do I do that?:smallconfused:

Look at my entries and make crap up. Don't make yourself unbeatable, however. That's no fun.

*snip

*snip*

Awesome!

KenderWizard
2012-01-08, 04:40 PM

EEEEEE!!! :smallbiggrin: THAT'S SO AMAZING!! Look, Keveak!

Edit: This has spurred me to actually put my avatars in my sig so I can have all my (gluten-free) cakes and ... eat them too?

Also, this is only encouraging me to smash things! Look at the size of that hammer!!

noparlpf
2012-01-08, 06:14 PM

I like it. n.n

Lix Lorn
2012-01-08, 06:29 PM
Also, this is only encouraging me to smash things! Look at the size of that hammer!!
This sounds DANGEROUS. xD

noparlpf
2012-01-08, 06:31 PM
I hurt myself with a sledgehammer today. The head got caught in a root while I was breaking rocks out of a tree stump so we could move it, and the handle ripped out of my back hand painfully. Now there's this long welt and a few blood-blisters.

DonutBoy12321
2012-01-08, 10:17 PM

Dr. Epic, you are the leader of the Giantitp Injustice League. Is that not enough?

H Birchgrove
2012-01-10, 11:01 PM
:smallredface: Decided to create my own character anyway:

The Purple Avenger

Warning: Wall of text. Perhaps a bit angsty. Please comment. Friendly advice on possible improvements are always welcome.

Hammer Birchgrove thought himself as a tolerant man... He didn't mind gay people... as long as they weren't too flamboyant, or behaved too girly, or "pushed" their sexuality in front of people... Nor did he mind transpersons. Though he ignorantly thought pre-op transpersons stayed pre-op only due to choice (as if that would be wrong), and he was disgusted by "t-chasers" for the wrong reasons. That mindset made him the perfect as Agent XY for the Counter-Espionage Division of the Secret Intelligence Network (SIN), as chief agent for "weeding out" those agents who could become victims of exthortion, and thus become potential traitors. SIN used to be an organisation which stood for justice, a defender of civil rights and opposing terror and subversion. But over the years, it had become corrupt, influenced by its very enemies. Agent XY would soon find out...

On an assignment on the Western Hemisphere, Agent XY was cruising over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco. On the left side of the bridge, he glimpsed a former agent of his, standing on the edge of the bridge. XY quickly hit the brake, run to his former compatriot and took his arm right before he would have jumped.

Startled, the ex-agent looked at XY, stating: "You... You! You are the cause of this! YOU!" :smallfurious:

The ex-agent fainted. XY took him to his car, and drove to a hospital. A slight headache hit him, starting to grow in pain. Then his facial skin started to feel like it was burning. He kept looking to the back of the car, where the ex-agent laid down.

"How many else has tried to kill themselves?", he thought. "How many... succeeded?"

"You look awfully pale", said the nurse, as XY took the ex-agent to the medical team.

"Must have been more shocking then I realised, to see him almost fall down", XY replied.

Then XY started to feel his skin, feeling how it was... moving... in ways it shouldn't, as he touched it. He drove away to the local safe house, and tried to rest. He had recurring nightmares of agents he had sacked due to safety protocol. Waking up, he immediately drove off to the local office and logged into SIN's digital databases and computer network. He discovered that while most agents indeed belonged to sexual minorities, they had all been loyal to the original ideals of SIN. He also noted that the harder rules were implemented when SIN's top leadership had been partially replaced, and that the sacked agents were replaced by agents who he had no knowledge of. Which he should, since he was responsible for clearing them.

"Have I been... so... wrong?", muttered XY to himself. "Have I been a tool... and for whom?" One of the nightstaff saw him.

"Good heaven, XY!", he shouted. "What has happened with your face?"

XY ran off to a mirror, and watched in horror his now completely gray face. He noted how the skin acted like putty, how it could be re-shaped.

The face was the physical part of himself he liked the most. Or used to. SIN's own medical team and hired specialists couldn't help him, or even find a reason for his ailment.

Disstraught, he left to drift around the city, avoiding people.

"I have become... a monster!", he said to himself. :smalleek: "This must be punishment for what I've done to all of them! I have been so foolish... I cannot see myself in a mirror, because I can't live with what I've done... My only hope... Is to become a better person... To help those who I've wronged... and then fight for acceptance of them. To punish those who continues to harm them. Only then can I combat the evil within me. I need to make preparations... As awful my new face is, it can be useful. I will have to start using makeup, as much as I detest it. I will become a Master of Disguise. I'll manage to sneak in everywhere, as any person I would want to be, as any person I need to be."

XY travelled around the globe, getting new skills, mastering the arts of warfare and hand-to-hand combat as well as diplomacy. Achieving such mental prowess he could use telepathy to read other people's thoughts and feelings and hypnotise them, thuse force them to do stuff for him, or even turn himself invisible for them. He took himself a new identity...

... the one of The Purple Avenger, wearing a purple trenchcoat, purple cape, purple fedora, and purple scarf. He avoided taking the lives of criminals as much as possible, always trying to guide them to be reformed when able, but when not, he didn't hesitate to let their hate destroy themselves, or when needed to save himself or others, slay them with his twin machine pistols or his throwing knives. He stole from criminal empires and extremist organisations to fund his crusade on terror and intolerance. He created several philantropic institutions. One to help those suffering due to their bodies, those with sexual dysphoria, the transgender, the intersex, etc, with the best doctors, counsellors and if needed surgeons from around the world. Another was formed to help those haters who were willing to stop their hate and bigotry, with the best psychiatrists, psychologists, hypnostists and in extreme cases brain surgeons (for brain tumours etc) to cure xeno-, homo-, bi-, and transphobia. He also funded suicide hotlines, rape crisis centers for both women and men, and pro bono lawyers helping victims of hate crime and discrimination.

In order to make it clear when it was he who caused the downfall of a criminal or a subversionist, he left the victim with a single lilac.

Recruiting and training his own team of agents, he took the fight against SIN's new leaders and wrestled control from the corruptors, and became it's new Director. While now able to command SIN to fight for human rights, XY was still troubled by not knowing who tried to take control over SIN, and whether he would be able to fight the darkness within his soul. But whenever needed, he would again become The Purple Avenger, helping the helpless and the powerless while punishing their oppressors and tormentors.

Inspiration taken from hero pulps such as The Shadow, Doc Savage, The Avenger, The Whisperer, The Spider and Secret Agent X, and comic book heroes such as Secret Agent X-9, The Crimson Avenger and Nick Fury.

Allies: Depending on who would want to be allied with such a person. :smalleek:

Enemies: Dr. Normative, Gay Basher and the other homo-/transphobic villains. The Injustice League. The conspiracy to subvert SIN.

Powers & abilities: Telepathy (invisibility, enchantments, detect intolerance etc), Master of Disguise due to putty face, improbable aiming skills (can shoot off guns from hands etc), various martial arts, diplomatic skills, espionage and counterintelligence, etc.

KenderWizard
2012-01-11, 03:37 PM
I like him! Kenderwoman will certainly be allied with the Purple Avenger! Also, I think we're becoming the Purple .... well, not Avengers, since that's H's deal, but maybe the Purple Justice League, what with all the purple. I think there should be a Purple Pimpernel. The word purple has lost all meaning.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-11, 04:07 PM
Dr. Epic, you are the leader of the Giantitp Injustice League. Is that not enough?

Not nearly enough. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. :smallwink:

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-11, 04:30 PM
:smallredface: Decided to create my own character anyway:

The Purple Avenger

Warning: Wall of text. Perhaps a bit angsty. Please comment. Friendly advice on possible improvements are always welcome.

Hammer Birchgrove thought himself as a tolerant man... He didn't mind gay people... as long as they weren't too flamboyant, or behaved too girly, or "pushed" their sexuality in front of people... Nor did he mind transpersons. Though he ignorantly thought pre-op transpersons stayed pre-op only due to choice (as if that would be wrong), and he was disgusted by "t-chasers" for the wrong reasons. That mindset made him the perfect as Agent XY for the Counter-Espionage Division of the Secret Intelligence Network (SIN), as chief agent for "weeding out" those agents who could become victims of exthortion, and thus become potential traitors. SIN used to be an organisation which stood for justice, a defender of civil rights and opposing terror and subversion. But over the years, it had become corrupt, influenced by its very enemies. Agent XY would soon find out...

On an assignment on the Western Hemisphere, Agent XY was cruising over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco. On the left side of the bridge, he glimpsed a former agent of his, standing on the edge of the bridge. XY quickly hit the brake, run to his former compatriot and took his arm right before he would have jumped.

Startled, the ex-agent looked at XY, stating: "You... You! You are the cause of this! YOU!" :smallfurious:

The ex-agent fainted. XY took him to his car, and drove to a hospital. A slight headache hit him, starting to grow in pain. Then his facial skin started to feel like it was burning. He kept looking to the back of the car, where the ex-agent laid down.

"How many else has tried to kill themselves?", he thought. "How many... succeeded?"

"You look awfully pale", said the nurse, as XY took the ex-agent to the medical team.

"Must have been more shocking then I realised, to see him almost fall down", XY replied.

Then XY started to feel his skin, feeling how it was... moving... in ways it shouldn't, as he touched it. He drove away to the local safe house, and tried to rest. He had recurring nightmares of agents he had sacked due to safety protocol. Waking up, he immediately drove off to the local office and logged into SIN's digital databases and computer network. He discovered that while most agents indeed belonged to sexual minorities, they had all been loyal to the original ideals of SIN. He also noted that the harder rules were implemented when SIN's top leadership had been partially replaced, and that the sacked agents were replaced by agents who he had no knowledge of. Which he should, since he was responsible for clearing them.

"Have I been... so... wrong?", muttered XY to himself. "Have I been a tool... and for whom?" One of the nightstaff saw him.

"Good heaven, XY!", he shouted. "What has happened with your face?"

XY ran off to a mirror, and watched in horror his now completely gray face. He noted how the skin acted like putty, how it could be re-shaped.

The face was the physical part of himself he liked the most. Or used to. SIN's own medical team and hired specialists couldn't help him, or even find a reason for his ailment.

Disstraught, he left to drift around the city, avoiding people.

"I have become... a monster!", he said to himself. :smalleek: "This must be punishment for what I've done to all of them! I have been so foolish... I cannot see myself in a mirror, because I can't live with what I've done... My only hope... Is to become a better person... To help those who I've wronged... and then fight for acceptance of them. To punish those who continues to harm them. Only then can I combat the evil within me. I need to make preparations... As awful my new face is, it can be useful. I will have to start using makeup, as much as I detest it. I will become a Master of Disguise. I'll manage to sneak in everywhere, as any person I would want to be, as any person I need to be."

XY travelled around the globe, getting new skills, mastering the arts of warfare and hand-to-hand combat as well as diplomacy. Achieving such mental prowess he could use telepathy to read other people's thoughts and feelings and hypnotise them, thuse force them to do stuff for him, or even turn himself invisible for them. He took himself a new identity...

... the one of The Purple Avenger, wearing a purple trenchcoat, purple cape, purple fedora, and purple scarf. He avoided taking the lives of criminals as much as possible, always trying to guide them to be reformed when able, but when not, he didn't hesitate to let their hate destroy themselves, or when needed to save himself or others, slay them with his twin machine pistols or his throwing knives. He stole from criminal empires and extremist organisations to fund his crusade on terror and intolerance. He created several philantropic institutions. One to help those suffering due to their bodies, those with sexual dysphoria, the transgender, the intersex, etc, with the best doctors, counsellors and if needed surgeons from around the world. Another was formed to help those haters who were willing to stop their hate and bigotry, with the best psychiatrists, psychologists, hypnostists and in extreme cases brain surgeons (for brain tumours etc) to cure xeno-, homo-, bi-, and transphobia. He also funded suicide hotlines, rape crisis centers for both women and men, and pro bono lawyers helping victims of hate crime and discrimination.

In order to make it clear when it was he who caused the downfall of a criminal or a subversionist, he left the victim with a single lilac.

Recruiting and training his own team of agents, he took the fight against SIN's new leaders and wrestled control from the corruptors, and became it's new Director. While now able to command SIN to fight for human rights, XY was still troubled by not knowing who tried to take control over SIN, and whether he would be able to fight the darkness within his soul. But whenever needed, he would again become The Purple Avenger, helping the helpless and the powerless while punishing their oppressors and tormentors.

Inspiration taken from hero pulps such as The Shadow, Doc Savage, The Avenger, The Whisperer, The Spider and Secret Agent X, and comic book heroes such as Secret Agent X-9, The Crimson Avenger and Nick Fury.

Allies: Depending on who would want to be allied with such a person. :smalleek:

Enemies: Gay Basher and the other homo-/transphobic villains. The Injustice League. The conspiracy to subvert SIN.

Powers & abilities: Telepathy (invisibility, enchantments, detect intolerance etc), Master of Disguise due to putty face, improbable aiming skills (can shoot off guns from hands etc), various martial arts, diplomatic skills, espionage and counterintelligence, etc.

The Minddrake would ally with him, I think.

I like him! Kenderwoman will certainly be allied with the Purple Avenger! Also, I think we're becoming the Purple .... well, not Avengers, since that's H's deal, but maybe the Purple Justice League, what with all the purple. I think there should be a Purple Pimpernel. The word purple has lost all meaning.

If a purply-blue counts, then The Minddrake would join the Purple Justice League, as that's his scale color.

And there should definitely be a Purple Pimpernel.

AgentofHellfire
2012-01-11, 05:24 PM
Did I already post here?

I keep thinking I did, but I can't find the post...

Anyways, I definitely want a hero-version of myself. Or a villainous version. But Elan's father already has my political views, so...

The Succubus
2012-01-11, 05:51 PM
Across the planes she heard the cry of her children, calling for an end to intolerence and greater peace love for all....she descended from above to right the wrongs of this world:

The Goddess Legabitp

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1769/legabitap.png

Abilities -

Equilibrium: For those of her children that seek balance between their souls and the bodies they inhabit, Legabitp has the ability to bring about this balance. This is done via a long ritual that takes several hours. Those that undergo the ritual are sworn to secrecy about the process although they always tend to leave with a rather large smile on their new faces....

Androgynous Beauty: Although often referred to as a she, Legabitp is truly androgynous in nature, having no gender except that perceived by an outsider. Regardless of which, she is seen as being exceptionally beautiful and can cause foes to become extremely distracted during combat or even stunned.

Prismatic Flare: While loving all people equally, Legabitp has zero patience for those that willfully spread hatred or persecute her children. If highly provoked, she can release a Prismatic Flare from her wings, which has several potential effects, one of which will affect an opponent at random. These effects include being blinded for up to 24 hours, being confused for an hour, crushing despair, stunned briefly or fear. After releasing Prismatic Flare, Legabitp is greatly weakened and her wings lose their shimmer, returning to a plain white colour. She must spend time peacefully with her children in order to regenerate and for her wings recover their multi-coloured nature.

Diplomacy: Suffice to say Legabitp has a Charisma score best described as "Yes" - she can often help people to see things from a different perspective and receives a large bonus when negotiating with people. This effect does not extend to intimidation.

Lord Raziere
2012-01-11, 08:18 PM
screw waiting, I'm making my self:

Raziere
(Hero? Wild Card?)

Raziere is an individualist first, following his own philosophy and ways of doing things. He definitely seems benevolent, yet his actions aren't exactly what one would call a hero. He seems to do whatever interests him at the moment, rather than any discernible goal.

Abilities:

Philosopher: Is a deep thinker and needs no outside influences to re-right himself, being fully immune to any form of mental attack due to his Philosophizing.

Creator: Prefers to create, rather than destroy. However as according to his philosophy, all things he creates are imperfect, because everything in the world is. He can create new things mostly by imagining and thinking about them until they "work" within his mind, and so they appear and work in reality.

Imagination Unlimited: His mind is an endless fountain of ideas that never stops flowing. This also manifests as eternally thinking outside whatever box you show him.

Doubt All Things: Raziere eternally looks for the flaws in all things, because he knows all things are imperfect, even searching for the flaws within himself so that he may work to improve himself.

Improvement Mantra: If Raziere finds a flaw within himself, he will repeat a mantra to himself that will gradually improve himself and try to get rid of the flaw. However the Mantras in the end only change what flaws Raziere possesses and does not eliminate them entirely.

H Birchgrove
2012-01-11, 11:54 PM
The Purple Avenger is deeply honoured to be allied with The Smasher of Patriarchy, and bows to a great warrior. (Is actually a bit afraid of KenderWoman, especially of her mallet, even though Hammer Birchgrove has admired strong women as long as he could remember.)

I would like to know this Purple Pimpernel. He sounds like a gentleman. A man of respectable values. (Is worried that it's presumptious to assume that this hero is male.)

The Minddrake would ally with him, I think.
I hear that The Minddrake uses his knowledge in mentalics in a very interesting manner. If you'd like, I would be very interested in studying under you. *bows*

If a purply-blue counts, then The Minddrake would join the Purple Justice League, as that's his scale color.
Wise choice.

And there should definitely be a Purple Pimpernel.
Indeed.

Across the planes she heard the cry of her children, calling for an end to intolerence and greater peace love for all....she descended from above to right the wrongs of this world:

The Goddess Legabitp

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1769/legabitap.png

Abilities -

Equilibrium: For those of her children that seek balance between their souls and the bodies they inhabit, Legabitp has the ability to bring about this balance. This is done via a long ritual that takes several hours. Those that undergo the ritual are sworn to secrecy about the process although they always tend to leave with a rather large smile on their new faces....

Androgynous Beauty: Although often referred to as a she, Legabitp is truly androgynous in nature, having no gender except that perceived by an outsider. Regardless of which, she is seen as being exceptionally beautiful and can cause foes to become extremely distracted during combat or even stunned.

Prismatic Flare: While loving all people equally, Legabitp has zero patience for those that willfully spread hatred or persecute her children. If highly provoked, she can release a Prismatic Flare from her wings, which has several potential effects, one of which will affect an opponent at random. These effects include being blinded for up to 24 hours, being confused for an hour, crushing despair, stunned briefly or fear. After releasing Prismatic Flare, Legabitp is greatly weakened and her wings lose their shimmer, returning to a plain white colour. She must spend time peacefully with her children in order to regenerate and for her wings recover their multi-coloured nature.

Diplomacy: Suffice to say Legabitp has a Charisma score best described as "Yes" - she can often help people to see things from a different perspective and receives a large bonus when negotiating with people. This effect does not extend to intimidation.
Suggested dialogue (edits are welcomed, The Succubus!):

The Purple Avenger: "Goddess, forgive me for the evil deeds I have committed to your people, your children. If I had been one of your children, if I had known me to be worthy, to be pure of heart and mind and soul, I would ask to be your Paladin. But I know I am not. If you can't forgive me, then strike me down right now!"

The Goddess Legabitp: "My dear Hammer... or Agent XY... or Purple Avenger... You are one of my children!"

The Purple Avenger: "But... That's... impossible... I am not... But... I am! I AM! How could I have been so blind?! All things I did, all those I betrayed... were of my own... Goddess, how can you possibly forgive me now!?"

The Goddess Legabitp: "My dear child... You are not the first of my children to be blinded by self-hatred... or ignorance of ones true feelings. It makes me very sad. But you, like many others of my children, have seen the error of your previous ways. I am not sure if I am going to have... "Paladins", was it? But I will help you and you will help me."

The Purple Avenger: *sobs* "Thanks, Goddess... thank you..." *dries up tears* "Sorry for being shallow... But you look very beautiful. I couldn't help thinking, and feeling, that as soon as I saw you."

The Goddess Legabitp: *smiles*

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-12, 01:08 AM
I hear that The Minddrake uses his knowledge in mentalics in a very interesting manner. If you'd like, I would be very interested in studying under you. *bows*

*returns bow, mantling my wings when I do, as that's proper draconic etiquette*

It would be an honor to teach one so capable in the other fields of such abilities. Though, I'm afraid that it would mean you'd have to enter the fae lands, and that can be dangerous for full-blooded humans. Of course, given your... unique facial features... perhaps you're not one. It's certainly not impossible that one of your parents was replaced by a doppelganger before you were conceived...

The Succubus
2012-01-12, 06:03 AM
<snip>

Wheeee! Love it! :smallbiggrin:

H Birchgrove
2012-01-12, 03:20 PM
I'm tempted to either let The Purple Avenger have a "Purple-Mobile" similar to the Batmobile and Green Hornet's & Kato's Black Beauty, or let some of his agents supply the means of transportations. For example, one agent could be a helicopter pilot (nods to T.C. from Magnum, P.I.), one could be a cab driver (nods to Moe "Shrevvy" from The Shadow), etc.

Each solution presents a problem: the Purple-Mobile, while as gloriously campy as it is lethal, might evolve as something akin to an invincible tank, and/or get too "gadget-ry". (It/he/she/hir may even start to talk... :smalleek: :smalltongue: )

Having the agents (more) active in the stories (rather than being in the background) would mean I need to give them personalities, which is a good thing though. Making (some of) the agents LGBTA, (would-be) victims of hate crime and/or reformed bigots would make sense for the setting of Superheroes in the Playground.

To the poodle's core: I would like make one of the agents a ("butch") lesbian cab driver, snarky but with a golden heart. Soap-opera drama would ensue as The Purple Avenger would find her attractive but respect that she isn't into him, while she would either feel sorry for him, admire him since he saved her, or want to be close friends with him (or a combination of all three). The issue is how to make her not being a stereotype. (She doesn't absolutely have to be lesbian, but for some reasons - anecdotes, a minor character in Watchmen - that was what I first thought of.)

Another issue is whether The Purple Avenger should have a girlfriend or a boyfriend (or both), and whether they would be cis- or transgender, and how that would work out.

Edit:
The cab driver
I've decided that the driver will be a heterosexual transman on HRT but who has not yet done SRS etc, who often is mistaken as lesbian by ignorant customers. The Purple Avenger does "still" (in this version) feel attraction to him, but as "before" he respects his orientation. The most physical they get are supportive hugs and crying over each others shoulders, and even that gets awkward at times.

Skills: good at finding places and tracking other road vehicles. Does strenght-training, running and kick-boxing regularly and has licenses for an automatic pistol and a Magnum revolver. (Never, ever, quote Freud near him!) On his free time, he watches rally, Formula 1 and NASCAR and hopes to become a competetive driver at some not too distant future.

The car: Modified with bullet proof windows, self-sealing fuel tanks, titanium-tungsten armour, ABC-protection, double turbos and water-injection, brakes fit for racing, and communication radio with functions for encryption and voice modulation. Modification paid by The Purple Avenger, but the car is still owned by its driver.

Edit: The lesbian car driver was in fact the above character's former girlfriend, who ended their relationship after he decided to start transition. When she heard that he (her former lover and friend) nearly had become victim of a gay basher, had it not been for a mysterious vigilante, she decided to become a licensed private investigator and bail enforcement agent (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroOfAnotherStory). Before becoming a cab driver she had served in the United States Marine Corps, having to endure Don't ask, don't tell. (The character is partially inspired by this genre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_pulp_fiction), partially by Max Allan Collins' and Terry Beatty's Ms. Tree detective comic and novels, and .)

The helicopter pilot
He and The Purple Avenger/Agent XY have an uneasy relationship. He was one of the SIN agents fired on Agent XY's recommendations, and later got recruited by him again to fight the corrupt leadership of SIN. While sour in the beginning, their relationship has become friendlier and warmer as time has passed, as they've been fighting mutual enemies and watched each other backs. When the topic is brought up, he admits to have sex with men without showing shame over it, but disagrees on being a homosexual, for reasons not explained by him. This was, surprisingly even for him, not the reason he didn't pass Agent XY's prejudiced scrutiny, but because he is a drag queen some times during his spare time. (He is also a relatively accomplished singer-/songwriter, and often doing acts affectionally parodying Josephine Baker.) He's Afro-American (I may try to only imply this in Robert A. Heinlein fashion if I write actual stories) and was before his time in SIN a Tuskegee University graduate (Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering) and commissioned of its US Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps. For certain reasons, he got interested in civil rights and decided to became a FBI Special Agent after graduation. He left his former employeer due to getting promised more resources and a larger salary by SIN. Getting suspended and then fired from SIN, left him tired of intelligence work and took a helicopter pilot license and started flying goods and tourists, until meeting XY again.

Skills: Competed in American football and boxing in high school and college and trained Kenpo karate while studying at university. While becoming a commercial pilot, he started with powerlifting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerlifting) and natural bodybuilding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_bodybuilding) but replaced it with regular strenght training and martial arts when he became a crimebuster again. He can handle and fire various civilian and military fire arms, and has experience and/or knowledge in forensics, criminology, law, surveillance, foreign languages, computers etc. (He was also a gospel singer as a kid, which he remembers fondly, if nothing else because its experience helps him as a singer today.)

The chopper: Safety features similar to the cab, but with ceramic armour instead. Similar com-radio. Electronic counter measures against radar and IR and low noise levels for rotors and engines. Can be armed to deal with air-to-air, air-to-ground, anti-tank, and anti-shipping and anti-submarine targets/fights. Still looks like a civilian helicopter from the outside. Modifications paid by The Purple Avenger and later by SIN. I know, I'm being silly here.

The helicopter pilot's love interest:
It is later revealed that one of his love interests is an Afro-American, bi-sexual transwoman, who he later marries and who joins Team Purple. Her interests include gymnastics, aerobics, dancing and fitness and figure competition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitness_and_figure_competition); they met in contests for it and body-building. She is also very able in Muay Thai, Filipino martial arts and Capoeira. As a young transgirl, she wanted to join the Girl Scouts but couldn't; instead she joined the Boy Scouts while hiding her gender and later her sexual orientation. However, she was able to become an accomplished gymnast in public school and got permitted to be a cheerleader in high school and college. She got degrees in Law and Gender Studies. Aside from competing professionally she works as a fitness model.

The love interests of Hammer Birchgrove/The Purple Avenger:
She is a Canadian First Nation Two-Spirit and pre-op transwoman on HRT. While feeling as a woman while still being young, she asked her tribe to be trained like and accepted as a warrior, which she got. She can handle firearms, her Bowie knife and bow-and-arrow both for self-defence and for hunting. Her sports include the team games Canadian football (during her years in college), ice hockey and Lacrosse, and the martial arts Okichitaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okichitaw) and Defendo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defendo). Gets annoyed when being called an "ethnic side-kick". ("I'm not his side-kick. I'm his partner.")

He is a homosexual cisman and a pacifist, who believes in the inherent good in all individuals (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RousseauWasRight). Rarely in the field, it's agreed that his main function in the team is as a communication expert and computer hacker. Despite this, he regularly trains jie-jutsu, aikido, qi-gong, tai-chi, yoga, aerobics and pilates, and has been convinced by his (somewhat overprotective?) boyfriend to carry pepper spray and a taser whenever in the field or simply outside. His interests include ham radio, programming, computer hacking and retrocomputing. Pro-tip to yaoi fans: He does like to be the top and the dom in bed.

I'd love to get suggestions for names for the agents and love interests!Feel also free to correct factual mistakes regarding real life institutions.

*returns bow, mantling my wings when I do, as that's proper draconic etiquette*

It would be an honor to teach one so capable in the other fields of such abilities. Though, I'm afraid that it would mean you'd have to enter the fae lands, and that can be dangerous for full-blooded humans. Of course, given your... unique facial features... perhaps you're not one. It's certainly not impossible that one of your parents was replaced by a doppelganger before you were conceived...

I strongly doubt that... Maybe one of my ancestors was of a magical race, centuries or millieniums back, and the shock that instigated my facial features had actually triggered some dormant genes. Until now, my only logical hypothesis for my face issues is that they're psychosomatic.

I am willing to take the risk to enter the fae lands, as long as you are my guide.

Wheeee! Love it! :smallbiggrin:
Thanks, this makes me very happy! :smallbiggrin:

H Birchgrove
2012-01-25, 07:25 PM
The man known as The Purple Pimpernel wasn't an ordinary man. He had always been, and wanted to be, a true gentleman, chivalrous to both men and women. He detested violence in general, and hated war in general, but realised that a gentleman needs to be able to defend himself, his loved ones, and those who can't defend themselves, against those who mean to harm others. Therefore, he learned boxing, Bartitsu, various budō sports, different styles of fencing, and pistol shooting, aside from training and competing in various team and individual sports on amateur-level. (Since a gentleman never do sports for prize money, only for leisure.) Noting how he could cool down heated arguments and stop fights, using his calm voice and reason, he decided to become a diplomat, using his skills to end wars and to save refugees from war, famine and tyranny. (In the army, he served as a nurse, not being able to take an innocent human's life.)

Already as a child, he was aware that he didn't always felt like a man. At times he enjoyed to try his sister's skirts, dresses and blouses. At other times, he much rather wanted to dress in typical male cloths. He also noted that he fell in love with both men and women. As an adult, he got to know he was genderfluid and pan-sexual. As a cross-dresser, he learned how to hide his body's male features to be able to pass as a woman. As a teen, he got interested in amateur theatre, learning how to make masks, make up, changing the tone of his voice etc.

This proved much helpful, because there are times when he, as a diplomat of a neutral nation, was utterly powerless, due to Realpolitik or apathy of his government. He decided to combine his skills as a Master of Disguise to become The Purple Pimpernel, to fight the warlords, the drug runners, the weapons smugglers, and the slave traders, to trick the dictators and the secret polices around the world, and save the lives he otherwise couldn't save.