PDA

View Full Version : Mad illusionist's lair

reaver2033
2012-01-05, 03:31 PM
So i have this ideea i wanna try in my next gaming session where the PC's have to rescue someone who was kidnapped by a mad wizard. What the PC's dont know is that the wizard is a high level illusionist.

So i was thinking what kind of crazy illusions should i create inside his lair. I was thinking about a huge spike pit trap, where the spikes are actually made of sand. What kind of other stuff should i add, any ideeas?

killem2
2012-01-05, 03:52 PM
I think, having a series of hall ways that seem to repeat after a while (real ones not fake), then they come into narrow hallway that has a trap, but the trap is an illusion of a spiked wall closing in on them, and causes them to run further down the hall.

Then, they come to a large opening, that has a 20 foot hall way that "appears" to be very well lit, and continue on into what looks like a hallway, but if they fail the save, they quickly find out it is not such a hall way, and perhaps a wood door, that has some nasties behind it :D

reaver2033
2012-01-05, 03:56 PM
haha, could work, thanks

motoko's ghost
2012-01-05, 11:08 PM
Have a doorway that seems to lead to a room with hundereds of identical copies of the caster milling about, that is actually just a minor/major/programmed image or something covering a pit...with spikes.

Heliomance
2012-01-05, 11:18 PM
Pit trap covered by a Shadow Conjured Wall of Stone. As low quasireality as you can manage. The people with high Will saves fall through, the people with low Will saves are fine!