PDA

View Full Version : Orc Slavemaster encounter help (PF)

Maquise
2012-01-05, 11:14 PM
For a campaign I am running, I will be including an encounter with an orc slavemaster. I was hoping I could build something interesting in this regard, as opposed to just another orc warrior to fight. He'll most likely fight with a whip, but I'm willing to substitute another thematic weapon if that makes sense. Any ideas on what the orc's build should be, and how the encounter should be structured? I'm not sure the exact route the PCs will take, but he'll probably be in a dungeon (as in part of a castle where prisoners are kept.) Also, the PCs want to rescue the slaves unharmed.

Kurgan
2012-01-06, 01:44 AM
I'm going to preface this with the fact that I am not all that familiar with Pathfinder, but just some ideas that came to mind from description. Also, heads up, some of this will be along the lines of "making things up on the spot" rather than exact build advice. Also, depending on optimization levels of players, might not work:

-Make it a rogue/fighter [or barbarian]
-Put a bunch of skill points in acrobatics
-His whip, is actually magical/semi-sentient, and physically connects itself to the slavemaster's arm [ie: no disarming]
-He wears light armor, but it is covered in spikes

Battlescene:
The slave pen is set up so that the entrance leads to a wooden walkway, with the slaves in pens below accessed by ladder. The ceiling is criss-crossed with wooden beams.

The slavemaster battles by sending his whip to coil around a beam and swinging himself, using his high acrobatics and spiked body to harm his foes. If players try to knock him down, there is a chance he'll fall off walkways, and land his spiked goodness on top of the people they are trying to save.

Last step, throw in a handful of weaker foes, like a few generic orcs. That way the battle isn't the players beating on a single enemy.

GodGoblin
2012-01-06, 07:34 AM
You could also give the guy a Man catcher-

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Man-Catcher.jpg

With a whip too will look a bit like this dude-
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m600028a_99060206068_ThrotUnclean_445x319.jpg

Give him high CMB and let him grapple and drag the PCs around rather than outright fighting them, maybe use a AOO style build.

Doorhandle
2012-01-06, 07:43 AM
Maybe have some combat-thralls to damage the players while he trips them up.

Also, you will want to look into ultimate combat and whip mastery, improved whip mastery, and the like. Try finding it on any online rules source.