PDA

View Full Version : Scout build critique

Adindra
2012-01-06, 01:16 AM
Alrighty so for my current game im playing a scout and i've made my own build using the various handbooks i could find and i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice (we are level 5 right now but i built it 1-20 weeks ago). I'm mostly looking for ways to strengthen the build while keeping it close to the same (i know about zen archery i just wanted to use scout plus im going for a slightly sneaky build)

1. scout 1 with the feat point blank shot
2. fighter 1 using the variant that lets me add dex to damage with a composite bow
3. ranger 1 favored enemy undead and the swift tracker feat
4. ranger 2 +1 dex and rapid shot as a bonus feat
5. scout 2
6. cleric 1 with travel devotion feat
7-20 scout 3-16 getting weapon focus longbow at 9 so i can get dead eye (dex to dmg whil in 30 ft) at level 12

i know the game is going to go to at least 15 but so far i have felt like i was slightly under-preforming (i did just get a precise weapon to negate the need for precise shot) but any suggestions would be a huge help and i can provide any other information as needed!

edit:my race is poison dusk lizardfolk but its edited so i just get a +2dex and -2 cha along with the small sized and some other non important things and my starting stats after race adjustments are
str14 dex20 con16 int16 wis14 cha12

Waddacku
2012-01-06, 01:40 AM
Consider taking Swift Hunter. Or is that what you meant by Swift Tracker (which isn't a feat?) In that case, you're not qualifying for it without Scout 3... Either way, Swift Hunter is helpful for bypassing skirmish immunity.

Adindra
2012-01-06, 01:42 AM
!!! i did mean swift hunter and i completly missed that i guess that means its time for some revisions :smalleek: thanks for pointing that out!

alright so i would have to change the ranger levels with the second scout level and a third scout level while dropping my level of cleric to level 7 and get swift hunter as my level 6 feat

Flickerdart
2012-01-06, 03:54 AM
Maxing out Ranger instead of Scout levels will leave you with better BAB and HP. You'll want Scout 4/Fighter 1/Cleric 1/Ranger 14, shuffled however you like. Consider also Unseen Seer, which can gives you better Skirmish and also lovely lovely spells.