PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Should a Druid bother taking Polymorph?

rmg22893
2012-01-06, 02:01 AM
I'm playing a Gestalt Druid/Wizard, and I'm wondering if I should bother learning Polymorph if I already have a limited longer duration polymorph through Wild Shape?

Manateee
2012-01-06, 02:03 AM
Transforming a character and its companion into War Trolls is for winners.

Also, it's just a couple pages in your spellbook.

Myth
2012-01-06, 10:32 AM
What does your DM say, does Natural Spell work for your Wizard casting? You'd be better off alter selfed into a Dwarven Ancestor and later Shapechanged into a Solar/Choker something, if being wildshaped means no Wizard casting.

Manateee
2012-01-06, 02:09 PM
What does your DM say, does Natural Spell work for your Wizard casting? You'd be better off alter selfed into a Dwarven Ancestor and later Shapechanged into a Solar/Choker something, if being wildshaped means no Wizard casting.
I think Polymorph is as useful as ever - especially in the light of Share Spell - but I don't really understand this argument. There's no reason to think wizard spells wouldn't work under Natural Spell, so the question doesn't really make sense.

gbprime
2012-01-06, 02:20 PM
There's also the Minor Shapeshift reserve feat for giving yourself Temp HP every round [that you're not casting a quickened spell].

Rubik
2012-01-06, 09:02 PM
Taking Polymorph means that you can just Poly into humanoid shape when you need to; when the duration runs out, you just become a sparrow (or whatever) again. When you want to splatter someone with a racial ability you don't have as a bear, just Polymorph into a roper or whatever.

It's a power spell, whether you've got wild shape or not.