PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a feat.

Player 3
2012-01-06, 03:35 PM
Bare with me here, I know what the feat does, but not specifically.

Here goes. I believe the feat to be called, "great destiny", or "fated something-or-another". (No luck in searching any of those keywords.) The feat pretty much does this:
When you create your character your DM chooses where, when, how and why your character will die. It does not make your invisible, mind, but when the time comes you will die. And typically, it will be glorious and full of heroism worthy of a grand adventures death.

I am pretty sure it is a 3.5 feat, though I have had no luck searching in any data base or book. I could be mistaken entirely, and this may be a feat equivalent from a whole different system.

Any assistant is appreciated.

Flickerdart
2012-01-06, 03:38 PM
That's not a feat. Why would this be a feat? Why would you spend a feat (of which a normal person only gets 7 of ever) on dying?

Greenish
2012-01-06, 03:44 PM
When you create your character your DM chooses where, when, how and why your character will die. It does not make your invisible, mind, but when the time comes you will die. And typically, it will be glorious and full of heroism worthy of a grand adventures death.If the feat did make you invisible, no one would see your magnificent last stand, so it stands for a reason.

Still, I very much doubt that's an official 3.5 feat.

Why would you spend a feat (of which a normal person only gets 7 of ever) on dying?There's a 10 level PrC for dying. :smalltongue:

Manateee
2012-01-06, 04:03 PM
Are you talking about Fearless Destiny from Races of Destiny?

It lets you survive one otherwise lethal HP attack 1/day. I think it has some fluff involving your character surviving because he has a destiny to achieve. Something along those lines.

Person_Man
2012-01-06, 04:30 PM
Yeah, Fearless Destiny from RoD is the closest thing I can think of. It's a great Feat, btw.

There's also the Death Delver PrC that Greenish refereed to. The ECL 15 capstone Cheat Death lets you die nine times without getting killed (you’re reduced to -9 hit points instead).

And there's the Knight capstone ability Loyal Beyond Death, which allows you to burn a Knight's Challenge every round to avoid death for one round. It pretty much makes you un-killable unless someone Disintegrates you or you run out of Challenges.

Urpriest
2012-01-06, 04:41 PM
Pretty sure you're thinking of something in Exalted, or GURPS. I've seen similar mechanics in both of those.

Flickerdart
2012-01-06, 04:45 PM
Pretty sure Greenish was actually referring to the Risen Martyr, literally a PRC for dying.

Thurbane
2012-01-06, 04:56 PM
Bare with me here, I know what the feat does, but not specifically.

Here goes. I believe the feat to be called, "great destiny", or "fated something-or-another". (No luck in searching any of those keywords.) The feat pretty much does this:
When you create your character your DM chooses where, when, how and why your character will die. It does not make your invisible, mind, but when the time comes you will die. And typically, it will be glorious and full of heroism worthy of a grand adventures death.

I am pretty sure it is a 3.5 feat, though I have had no luck searching in any data base or book. I could be mistaken entirely, and this may be a feat equivalent from a whole different system.

Any assistant is appreciated.
Sounds vaguely like the Wedded to History/Pawn in the Great Game feats (Dragon 354), though the mechanics are quite different.

Player 3
2012-01-06, 06:00 PM
This has been most helpful, most helpful indeed. I thank you all for the quick responses. Now, well, I continue my search for fun feats for my Commoner.

Greenish
2012-01-06, 10:30 PM
Pretty sure Greenish was actually referring to the Risen Martyr, literally a PRC for dying.That's the ticket, yes.