PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Master of Radiance PrC

DigoDragon
2012-01-07, 12:42 AM
I'm building a cleric character for an upcoming D&D game and the setting will feature a higher than healthy number of undead encounters. Now the obvious thought was to make a cleric of Pelor and take the Radient Servant PrC, but I've done that already. I've done the Sacred Exorcist PrC previously as well.

While those are pretty good classs, I'm interested trying something different. I saw the "Master of Radiance" PrC in the Libris Mortis book. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried this one out and if it's any good?

One thing that could make this PrC pretty awesome is that the GM for this campaign is adding in the "Action Points" system as described in the Unearthed Arcana book. One of the uses for Action Points is getting another use out of a limited "per day" ability.
I think you can see where this could be going. :smallsmile:

Manateee
2012-01-07, 01:09 AM
It's terrible.

As a Cleric, it's better to just take Cleric levels.
As a Druid, it's better to take one Cleric level and the rest Druid.
Or to just go straight Druid and prepare Bone Talisman (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a).

grarrrg
2012-01-07, 01:33 AM
I'm building a cleric character for an upcoming D&D game and the setting will feature a higher than healthy number of undead encounters.

Forget Cleric, go Ranger Favored Enemy Undead!!

What? Don't look at me like that.

DigoDragon
2012-01-07, 09:31 AM
What? Don't look at me like that.

:smalltongue:

Though I do believe my wife is playing a ranger, so I'm sure that part is going to be covered already. But it's a good staple.

Novawurmson
2012-01-07, 09:43 AM
On the other hand, if you're playing a tier-1 caster and your wife is playing a ranger, it might be better to make an unoptimized build to even the playing field a little.

Fax Celestis
2012-01-07, 11:18 AM
You should look at Knight of the Raven from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. It's a much better undead-focus prestige class, and gets a neat little raven pet.

Manateee
2012-01-07, 02:16 PM
You should look at Knight of the Raven from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. It's a much better undead-focus prestige class, and gets a neat little raven pet.
Ooo. What this man said.

If you're going to take a CL hit (for balance or whatever), take that hit while gaining abilities you don't already have.

Randomguy
2012-01-07, 06:29 PM
You could be a heavily optimized paladin, going into hunter of the dead and other paladin prestige classes.