PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Carrion Crown ICC

Pages : 1 [2]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 03:23 PM
Your 12 diplomacy, friendly manner and your unintimidating stature is sufficient to win the girls over to being friendly.

The girls giggle, they seem to be taking a liking to Jaq. They repeat the song until Jaq has the verses memorized.

Pezmerga
2012-02-07, 04:10 PM
In this time, Ana will take the Spirit Planchette to the Warden Statue and see if she can contact any...spirits.

rounds to contact spirit(s) = [roll0]

If so she will ask..
"What is the name of the person who painted the bloody V on this statue?"

Will save = [roll1]

Drothmal
2012-02-07, 05:09 PM
Rag stays a bit back as Jaq interacts with the girls. The elf was usually fond of young members of almost any species, but he was aware that his scars usually scared the children away

While the girls sing the verses, Raigard pulls out another piece of parchment from one of his many pockets and writes the song down. For some reason, the alchemist felt that the information in those verses might prove useful at some point

Once everything is written down, Rag will wait until Jaq is ready to proceed to the Unfurling Scroll

Bhaakon
2012-02-07, 06:26 PM
Farro cracks a rare smile at the proprietor's morbid menu items. "Yes, some liquid ghost sound good, and I've been told that your corpse chowder is excellent as well."

When Zokar returns with the food, Farro leans forward and says, "Not much for strangers in this town, eh? Don't answer that, it's clear on the faces of your patrons. I won't be poking around town business, though. Just wondering if me and me friends," he briefly describes the others in the group, "are the only fresh faces in Ravengro recently. Please think as far back as Doctor Lorrimor's death."

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 06:42 PM
In this time, Ana will take the Spirit Planchette to the Warden Statue and see if she can contact any...spirits.

rounds to contact spirit(s) = [roll0]

If so she will ask..
"What is the name of the person who painted the bloody V on this statue?"

Will save = [roll1]

The planchet spells out: GIBS

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 06:49 PM
Zokar responds:

No, we don't get many strangers, once in a while a merchant and that's about it. Last fellow was on the way to Lepidstadt. Typical merchant fellow, selling bits of this and that, nothing very interesting.

The Sheriff says that old Lorrimor's death was an accident. A rock just jumped up and fell on his head. Myself I doubt it. That place is haunted, I've always said so. Some say it's dangerous only because of the kind of vermin you find in any old ruins. I say there is a lot more to it.

Don't let folks being unfriendly bother you none. The are basically good people here, just superstitious and a bit fearful. The don't have all the experience of a traveler such as yourself.

Bhaakon
2012-02-07, 08:02 PM
"Haunted, really? Surely someone's been in there to see for themselves. Some foolish youth on a dare, or maybe a Pharasmite cleric." Farro says as he samples the food. "I'd be very interested to meet them" he adds, pointedly jangling his coin purse.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 08:20 PM
Zokar pours another "ghost" ale.

The only one I know who went close to that place is old Lorrimor - and he's dead. I don't know what to tell you squire, much as I would like to earn a couple more gold coins. Folks around here don't like taking chances, what's to gain poking around old ruins which might or might not be haunted. If they're not then what have you got, and if they are - then what has got you? I recommend you do as we do and stay away from the accursed place.

Pezmerga
2012-02-07, 08:42 PM
"Hmm Gibs...Well it isn't the most reliable source, but it is something to work with. I hope the spirits felt generous with the truth today."

Gibs... Ana ponders on the name.. Assuming it is a name anyway. Strange one if it is Ana thinks to herself.
Knowledge Local
[roll0]

Does it ring a bell?
Regardless she will search for the others.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 09:00 PM
"Hmm Gibs...Well it isn't the most reliable source, but it is something to work with. I hope the spirits felt generous with the truth today."

Gibs... Ana ponders on the name.. Assuming it is a name anyway. Strange one if it is Ana thinks to herself.
Knowledge Local
[roll0]

Does it ring a bell?
Regardless she will search for the others.

The name rings a bell but she can't quite place it.

Ana may join up with either part of the party as she prefers.

Bhaakon
2012-02-08, 05:41 AM
"Maybe you're right, maybe you're right," murmurs Farro as he finishes his meal. "Just one more thing, then I'll be on my way. Terrible business the other day with the statue of the old warden. Can't say that I have the same civic pride in him as you locals do, but whatever blackguard pulled that stunt nearly got me clapped in irons. I don't suppose you've heard any rumor of the crime. I'd like to see him get his due and then some, you follow?"

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 07:45 AM
"Maybe you're right, maybe you're right," murmurs Farro as he finishes his meal. "Just one more thing, then I'll be on my way. Terrible business the other day with the statue of the old warden. Can't say that I have the same civic pride in him as you locals do, but whatever blackguard pulled that stunt nearly got me clapped in irons. I don't suppose you've heard any rumor of the crime. I'd like to see him get his due and then some, you follow?"

It is the strangest thing. It is not like there are no troublemakers in town, but I can't imagine anyone living here doing such a thing. The warden is practically a saint, sacrificing himself for the town. Some would say he is a saint. My theory - some criminal ghost reached out from Harrowstone to desecrate the statue - for I am sure some of the prisoners must have hated him.

ji9zo
2012-02-08, 11:56 AM
Jaq turns back to Rag when he thinks he'll be able to remember the song.

"If you're ready, lets continue."

Drothmal
2012-02-08, 12:22 PM
Yes, we should get going says the alchemist in agreement

On the way, the elf makes conversation (or his unique interpretation of it) with his halfling companion

I wonder if professor Lorrimor had collected any information on the local children songs, since they seem so particularly appropriate for the area. Did you know that there are some well known studies on the subliminal effects of supernatural occurences in the populace imagination, specially children? Then again, there are also well documented studies that there tends to be excess of pattern recognition when one interprets data from younger members of any race...

Rag will continue comments in this sort of venue until the pair arrives at the Unfurling Scroll

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 03:39 PM
Alendru Ghoroven, proprietor of The Unfurling Scroll, is a retired wizard-turned-teacher. Alendru teaches reading, history, and math, as well as beginning magical theory. He is cleaning a blackboard when you arrive.

Welcome strangers! I heard we had adventurers in town, but I did not expect a visit to my humble combination school and magic shop. How may I serve you?

Bhaakon
2012-02-08, 08:19 PM
His inquiries finding nothing but dead ends, Farr settles his bill and heads out to look for the others.

ji9zo
2012-02-09, 11:23 AM
"We're looking for a spell to heat metal. Any chance you could help us?"

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 11:32 AM
It depends what you mean. I have a scroll of burning hands for example, it would certainly make a piece of metal somewhat hotter. There is also the druidic spell which heats metal to the point that metal armor burns the wearer. That specific spell I do not have, and I don't know where you could get it.

ji9zo
2012-02-10, 11:31 AM
"Unfortunately I believe it's the second one we're after... We've been having some problems with "cold spots" you see.

The gnome looks questioningly at Rag.

Drothmal
2012-02-10, 11:42 AM
Pulling out his notebook and looking at his notes, the alchemist adds,

Indeed, the only information we were able to gather seemed to suggest that the experimental procedure requires the second spell. Though probably alternative spells should have been added to the supplemental information

It is a shame that you do not posses that spell...

All of a sudden, an idea pops up in Rag's head

Say, would you happen to be interested in purchasing some healing potions? I got carried away on my last batch and we are currently at a surplus.

Sorry for the lack of response, I was waiting for input in the OoC
Basically, we are trying to sell the 5CLW potions we found (at 50%, that'd be 12.5x5=62.5gp.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 04:54 PM
The wizard will buy the potions for 62 gp, or will trade the potions plus 50 gp for a wand of cat's grace with 6 charges.

Drothmal
2012-02-12, 12:35 AM
Taking the money from the wizard (but promising to come back for the wand once the party's... liquidity increases), Rag proceeds to exit the establishment

Once outside, he says to Jaq

Maybe we should try our luck at the temple? I remember reading some papers on the overlap of divine spells of the natural and deity natures

ji9zo
2012-02-12, 06:41 AM
"A good a plan as any. Although perhaps we should meet up with our Cleric friend first. She seemed to get on well with that Grimburrow fellow."

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 08:00 AM
"A good a plan as any. Although perhaps we should meet up with our Cleric friend first. She seemed to get on well with that Grimburrow fellow."

I PM'd your cleric, she hasn't posted for several days so I consider her character inactive until she posts again. You could also pm or email her, and/or continue to take actions without her.

Bhaakon
2012-02-12, 06:39 PM
Seeing he others emerge from the Unfurling Scroll, he moves to join them, "I found nothing, you?"

Pezmerga
2012-02-12, 09:36 PM
Ana will meetup with the party asap to deliver her news!
"I might have a lead on the statue vandalism... someone named Gibs is the name I got using the Spirit Planchette."

Drothmal
2012-02-13, 02:37 AM
As Rag was about to start telling Farro about an interesting article he read about harnessing "nothing", Anna catches up with the group.

His mind refocused, the alchemist brings the rest of the group to speed on his (and Jaq's end).

We found what the unnatural cold was, and we know how to stop it: It requires a spell called "heat metal". We could not find it here though the owner was nice enough to buy some of our potion surplus We were wondering if they would have it at the temple...now that I think about it, the priest might now about this Gibs...

Maybe Anna and I can go to the temple while Jaq and Farro talk to the locals?

I'm going to change Rag's color to green instead of blue so it does not get confused with the NPCs. Also, I know that we are splitting the party again, but I feel that this would be the best distribution of skills/CHA bonuses

ji9zo
2012-02-13, 05:40 AM
"Alright, but be sure to ask the priest about that
'Father Charlatan' fellow we heard about. If he does have something to do with religion no doubt someone at the temple will know more about him."

When the others leave Jaq turns to Farro. "Where should we ask around first then?"

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 07:52 AM
Ana and Rag are, if they wish, at the temple. Father Grimburrow is there to speak with them. They are also allowed to research in the Temple Library if they wish.

Drothmal
2012-02-13, 10:54 PM
Rag waves at the priest gleefully

Hello Father, though that is an interesting figure of speech, since marital and progeny status varies greatly from one religion to the next. We have found a haunted spot in Harrowstone. Our research seems to indicate that this could be destroyed through the use of the magical spell "heat metal". We were wondering if anyone in your temple had access to the spell, and what would be the closest hallowed ground to Harrowstone?

After hearing Grimburrow's response to the first question, the alchemist proceeds with his questionnaire (which he had prepared in advanced from another piece of paper retrieved from a fold in his tunic)

Have you ever heard the name Gibs?

Finally, the elf asks

Who is Father Charlatan?

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 11:26 PM
Father Grimburrow:

I have not heard of a spell called heat metal.

There is a man named Gibs in town, a retired soldier. He was the ringleader of those who tried to prevent Lorrimor's burial in the Restlands.

The Restlands are, of course, hallowed ground; as is the Temple of Pharasma.

I know of no one named Father Charlatan.

Pezmerga
2012-02-15, 12:47 AM
"Thanks for answering our questions Father. We know your time is precious, and appreciate you taking your time to meet with us.

"Hmm Gibs was that fellow then...?

Ana will try to help the others research this spell they are looking for... Not sure what knowledge check you want me to roll though.

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 09:14 PM
Ana will try to help the others research this spell they are looking for... Not sure what knowledge check you want me to roll though.

Ana believes it is a druidic spell, based on her knowledge of arcana.

Pezmerga
2012-02-16, 05:29 PM
"This spell we are looking for is of druidic nature. So unless we find someone who can channel the magic of nature, I'd venture to say we will be at a loss...

Bhaakon
2012-02-17, 02:43 AM
Farro shrugs, "then we'll just have to go around. Now lets see about finding a better set of lockpicks."

Drothmal
2012-02-17, 12:39 PM
If I may make a suggestion, maybe we could visit the apothecary? If the rumors on her paralegal activities are right, it could be worth trying for both a scroll of the spell we are looking for and at the same time a new set of tools for Farro. besides, she might have some interesting formulae that could help us in our endeavours

And after that, we should consider to pay a collective visit to this Gibs. I wounder if it is a diminutive for something... Gibbons... Gilbert... Gibsard..

Xeno55
2012-02-17, 05:25 PM
Jominda Fallenbridge keeps a well-stocked supply of pharmacological
provisions both herbal and alchemical at her apothecary. Should anyone visit her shop she would no doubt be happy to make a sale.

Bhaakon
2012-02-22, 03:44 AM
"This Gibs had to get the blood from somewhere. Maybe a butcher in town, or a seller of livestock," Farro ponders aloud. "Or I could just toss his house when he's away."

ji9zo
2012-02-22, 12:06 PM
"The second one. Definitely the second one."

Jaq grins widely.

"You go do that and we'll go see the apothecary, meet you back at Kendra's?"

Xeno55
2012-02-22, 03:13 PM
Jominda Fallenbridge keeps a well-stocked supply of pharmacological
provisions, both herbal and alchemical. She is pleased to open her shop to prospective customers.

Bhaakon
2012-02-22, 06:17 PM
"I'll see what I can find. Just be sure to hit up the pawnbroker to see if they've got some better lock picks."

With that Farro once more splits form the group, heading to the tavern at the Outward Inn to gather some information.

Xeno55
2012-02-22, 07:44 PM
With that Farro once more splits form the group, heading to the tavern at the Outward Inn to gather some information.

The Outward Inn is as Farro remembers it, with much the same clientele as before - all hoping he will buy them a round of drinks.

Bhaakon
2012-02-23, 01:28 AM
Farro takes a seat at the bar and orders a drink, then, belatedly noticing the hopeful faces of the other patrons, growls to the barkeep, "make that a round, actually. I need all the friends I can get in this town."

Xeno55
2012-02-23, 07:28 AM
Farro's friends are happy to see him. He overhears the following:

They say that Harrowstone’s executioner still
guards the execution balcony on the western side
of the prison, and that on some nights, his scythe
can be seen patrolling the balcony on its own, as if
carried by an invisible spirit.

Drothmal
2012-02-23, 11:29 AM
Walking into the apothecary's shop, Rag will inquire first on the heat metal spell (though he does not expect to find it here). After that, he'll ask Jominda about "time saving tools for those times when you forget your house's key"

Xeno55
2012-02-23, 12:36 PM
Sorry no spells here. And I can't say I've heard of a heat metal spell anyway.

Diplomacy [roll0]

Are you referring to locksmith kits? I'd recommend our local pawnshop, The Silk Purse. I can't think where else you would find such a thing.

Bhaakon
2012-02-23, 04:25 PM
Momentarily distracted from his goal b more talk of the prison, Farro ponies up for another round and asks about the place, "I wonder if anyone has ever gone inside."

Xeno55
2012-02-23, 04:33 PM
Everyone seems to agree that it would be foolish to go inside the prison grounds, although they disagree as to the reasons why. Some maintain the place is haunted, some say there is nothing supernatural there but why risk possible falls of crumbling stone, or the likelihood of dangerous vermin of one type or another making the place home. In any case there is nothing to gain and everything to lose - on this there is a consensus.

Bhaakon
2012-02-23, 04:46 PM
Farro nurses his last drink, "does anyone know about a guy named Gibs? The Doctoer's will charged us with protecting his daughter, and I'd like to make sure that he and that mob he lead won't bother the girl again."

Drothmal
2012-02-23, 04:56 PM
After exchanging a few notes on potion-making and reagent gathering with the apothecary, Rag will try to accomplish Faro's request by dropping by the Silken purse

Xeno55
2012-02-23, 05:24 PM
The money lenders introduce themselves as Luramin Taigh and Quess Yearburn.

Diplomacy[roll0]

They have a set of masterwork thieves tools for 100 gp.

They also have a ring of featherfall for sale or trade, and a variety of mundane jewelry and other objects.

Drothmal
2012-02-27, 06:27 PM
Using the money that the party got out of selling the potions and the extra coin that Farro had given him, Rag purchases the thief tools. Expressing regret that he cannot yet look further into that ring of feather fall, the alchemist tries to find the rogue to give him his new tools of trade

Xeno55
2012-03-01, 07:39 AM
Farro nurses his last drink, "does anyone know about a guy named Gibs? The Doctoer's will charged us with protecting his daughter, and I'd like to make sure that he and that mob he lead won't bother the girl again."

Gibs it seems is a retired soldier and known trouble-maker who lives on the edge of town. Farro realizes, after some discussion, that Gibs is the one that led the mob at the funeral.

ji9zo
2012-03-01, 11:49 AM
Jaq decides to return to the Professor's house and read more of the books there, having little else to do.

Xeno55
2012-03-01, 12:01 PM
Reading to find whatever he can, looking for nothing in particular, Jaq finds:

The Whispering Way itself is a series of
philosophies that can only be transferred via whispers—
the philosophies are never written or spoken of loudly,
making the exact goals and nature of the secretive
philosophy difficult for outsiders to learn much about.

Exact details on the society are difficult
to discern, but chief among the Whispering Way’s goals are
discovering formulae for creating liches and engineering
the release of the Whispering Tyrant. Agents often travel
to remote sites or areas plagued by notorious haunts
or undead menaces to perform field research or even to
capture unique monsters. Their symbol is a gagged skull,
and those who learn too many of the Way’s secrets are
often murdered, and their mouths mutilated to prevent
their bodies from divulging secrets via speak with dead.

This research keeps Jaq up until late in the evening. Each
party member gains 200 xp.

Drothmal
2012-03-01, 02:52 PM
Finding Farro in the tavern, Rag delivers the newly acquired lockpicks.

After learning more about Gibbs, the alchemist moves closer to the rogue and proposes a plan

Maybe we should pay him a visit tomorrow? I know that Jaq was going to do some research tonight. And it'd be best if we are all together as to avoid misunderstandings.By the way, that is an interesting phrase since it is by itself a misunderstanding, since the word euphemism would be more appropriate

If Farro agrees, Raigard will head back to the professor's house and assist Jaq with his research

Xeno55
2012-03-01, 04:16 PM
Except for anything Farro may have wished to do before the close of day 6, it is now

Day 7.

Kendra prepares a fine breakfast, and the party may make plans for the day.

Bhaakon
2012-03-01, 05:59 PM
Farro takes the lock picks from Rag and returns to the manor with the others.

He turns in early that evening, and the other awake to find the half-elf gone and a note his bed reading, "doing what we planned yesterday." The rogue's leathers and fauchard are also left in his room, so as to not interfer with his work.

Rising a few hours before dawn, Farro had long since set out to find Gibs' house. Once he spots it, he finds a sheltered hiding spot and settles in to wait for the occupants to leave.

stealth: [roll0]
perception: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-03-01, 06:06 PM
Farro watches quietly for half an hour - and is then surprised and nearly discovered when Gibs appears - not from his cabin, but from a path leading to the river. Gibs is carrying a large bucket and a bloody knife. Gibs is heading for his shack, and does not seem to have seen Farro.

Bhaakon
2012-03-02, 12:06 AM
Farro briefly considers following the path back towards the river, but instead decides to wait and see what Gibs will do with what the half-elf assumes is a bucket of blood.

Xeno55
2012-03-02, 07:13 AM
Gibs goes around behind the shack where he hides the knife and the bucket in and behind a woodpile. Gibs then, unless Farro intervenes, enters his shack and goes to sleep.

Drothmal
2012-03-02, 04:11 PM
Slightly annoyed after reading Farro's note, Rag just puts some food on one of the plates and takes his breakfast with him to the study

At least books don't go running by themselves mumbles the alchemist

Raigard will spend the time until Farro returns into finding out if the Cold Spot haunt can be dissipated by any other means than the druidic spell

Bhaakon
2012-03-02, 08:20 PM
Once he's convinced that Gibs is asleep, Farro slips around the house to get a closer look at what's in the bucket.

stealth [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-03-03, 08:02 AM
The bucket contains a bloody, headless chicken.

Bhaakon
2012-03-03, 08:23 PM
His curiosity sate, Farro decides to trace Gibs' path away from the shack.

survival, if needed: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-03-04, 09:17 AM
Farro fails to track Gibs, but heading off in the direction from which Gibbs came brings Farro to the Statue of the warden. It has been splashed with blood and desecrated with a large letter "E".

ji9zo
2012-03-04, 10:40 AM
While waiting for Farro to return, Jaq begins searching the Professor's house for anything magical, casting detect magic all around the house. Once sure that he's made a complete sweep of the house the gnome will try to assist Rag in his research.

Xeno55
2012-03-04, 09:34 PM
There are no magical auras in or around the house. Jaq assists with Rag's research.

Bhaakon
2012-03-05, 02:36 AM
Having seen enough, Farro heads back for the manor and informs the others of his discoveries.

Xeno55
2012-03-05, 06:58 AM
Farro returns safely to Kendra's house. The party may spend several hours in research, or may take other actions.

Drothmal
2012-03-05, 01:50 PM
We should inform the authorities, though it is likely that they won't believe us, it is still our best bet suggest Rag after hearing Farro's tale

Bhaakon
2012-03-05, 05:41 PM
"Aye, but they're like as not to think we planted the evidence if we're not tactful about it. Someone with a more silvery tongue than mine will be required."

Drothmal
2012-03-05, 07:14 PM
The alchemist turns to the sorcerer

What do you think, Jaq? Our best options are probably you or Kendra, though I still cannot figure out why they didn't seem to appreciate my speech during the day of the funeral

ji9zo
2012-03-07, 08:36 AM
"While I'm sure I'd be able to convince the sheriff of Gibs' guilt, how about instead of turning him in right away why don't we let him keep at it for a few more nights? The townsfolk did seem to appreciate it when Rag here cleaned their statue."

Jaq motions to Raigard with a hand.

"And I'm sure they wouldn't object if he did it a few more times. All we'd have to do is be somewhere with a lot of witnesses next time he does it, giving ourselves alibis, and then help clean up the next day. It's just an idea, but we need some more co-operation from the people here if we're to go back to the prison and find out what happened to the professor."

Bhaakon
2012-03-07, 06:39 PM
"I doubt that will work more than once," grunts Farro.

ji9zo
2012-03-07, 07:47 PM
"You just leave the doubting to me, wise thief. It's a foolproof plan if I've ever said so myself."

Jaq straightens up his turban, looking somewhat giddy from the possible magnitude of his idea's potential.

Drothmal
2012-03-08, 12:18 PM
Wouldn't that be dishonest of us? I mean, it is true that we would not be lying, so the term dishonesty might not apply, but there are some very interesting treaties on morality that suggest that lack of action while having knowledge is equally reprehensible. Talking about that, I wonder what the local penal code says when they define accomplices...

All of a sudden, Rag realizes that he's rambling on and clears his throat

If my hypothesis is correct, he's trying to spell the name of the dead warden's wife, Vesorianna. I guess we could secure some good will with the "e" and the "s" and then try to get the local authorities to catch him in the act with the "o". That is, unless he's using a diminutive and he ends up doing only "Ves"

Nonetheless, I guess we can try Jaq's plan. Should we wait and go clean the statue after a few hours?

Bhaakon
2012-03-08, 11:12 PM
"He's already done the deed, so we might as well see how it goes and decide whether its worth repeating," says Farro. "I'll keep an eye on Gibs, maybe there's something in his house that will tell use why he's so desperate to drive us off."

If no one has anything else to add, Farro will eat any leftover breakfast and waits until late morning to head back out. He takes a roundabout path to Gibs's house, finds an inconspicuous spot, and waits for the man to leave.

[roll0] stealth

Xeno55
2012-03-09, 09:06 AM
It is still early in the am when a deputy arrives at the house. The sheriff has asked the party to meet him at the statute.

Bhaakon
2012-03-10, 06:37 PM
Farro shrugs and quietly follows the Sheriff

ji9zo
2012-03-11, 06:16 AM
Jaq does the same, hoping that his idea will pay off.

Xeno55
2012-03-11, 11:53 AM
The party accompanies the Sheriff to the statue. Rag helps clean the statue, gaining more good will with the villagers, as per plan. The Sheriff speaks:

I am at a loss. Do any of you have any idea who, or what, could have done this horrible thing? And what it all means?

ji9zo
2012-03-11, 07:25 PM
Jaq will leave it to Raigard to gibber on about wild theories or somesuch, taking the initiative to lie to the man before them.

"Surely we can't be expected to know who'd be capable of such an act, we are new in town after all. But I can see you need an outsider's perspective on things. Say we were able to help you; would you help us in return? We do need assistance in finding out what happened to Professor Lorrimor and a man of the law such as yourself would no doubt have information we could put to use."

Bluff - [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-03-12, 07:05 AM
Sheriff:

I would of course repay such a favor with a favor. But we already know what happened to Professor Lorrimor, he fell victim to one of the risks of exploring old ruings, killed by a falling rock.

Bhaakon
2012-03-12, 10:52 PM
Farro rolls his eyes, biting his tongue before he can scream, that hick sheriff can't solve simple vandalism, and you think he bothered to follow up on Lorrimor's death?!

Instead he whispers loudly enough for the Sheriff to hear, "if all he wants is a lead, just show him that divination you cast yesterday."

Xeno55
2012-03-13, 06:19 AM
Divination...?

Drothmal
2012-03-13, 04:55 PM
Raigard, who had once again been offering to teach the townspeople how to clean the statue (though he could not imagine the reason, nobody took him up on the proposition), turns his head to the sheriff and his new companions upon hearing about a divination

Completely missing that the sheriff's question was rethorical, Rag proceeds to explain

Divination is the type of magic that enables to learn about the past, present or future. There are some interesting theories that say that divination circumvents the linearity of time as we perceive it, effectively folding the timeline. There's also some discussion if it could be possible to make folds in such a way that the timeline would be forced to cross itself at non-casting points, generating spontaneous divinations. Did you know that many divination spells have cone-shaped areas?

Realizing from his companion's looks that he's not helping, the alchemist quiets down and waits for Farro and Jaq to continue their explanation

Bhaakon
2012-03-13, 05:19 PM
"Aye, that deal with the planchet that Ana was using."

ji9zo
2012-03-13, 05:24 PM
Jaq eyes Farro for a moment, slightly confused.

"Oh. Oooh. Yes, right away. But like last time don't expect the results to be very clear."

He pauses for a moment, raising his hands above his head and breathing deeply before calling out.

"O powers that be, show us who is responsible for this heinous crime!"

The gnome then begins casting and channeling a Silent Image spell creating a vague (and I mean VAGUE) image of Gibs in front of them.

DC is either 16 or 17 (10+1+4+ either 1 or 2 for gnome bonus)for the illusion itself. Don't know if I should make a bluff roll or what but in any case lets hope the sheriff doesn't have any spellcraft ranks.

Xeno55
2012-03-13, 05:47 PM
The sheriff looks skeptical, but the crowd looks impressed.

O....K...., deputies go and get Gibs, and we will have a little discussion.

After a few minutes they return with Gibs, who says:

I didn't do nothing. It's a trick, some kind of foreign magic trick. Let me go.

The sheriff looks at the party and raises a single eyebrow.

Bhaakon
2012-03-13, 11:40 PM
Farro chuckles inwardly at the man's lack of composure and turns toward the sheriff, "I'm more a man of action than discussion, and I put no more weight in some barmy spell than in an accused man's denials. Search his home, as you did to us, and let that serve to free or hang him."