PDA

View Full Version : Climbing equipment

aza9999
2012-01-07, 03:57 PM
I'm trying to get a list of different equipment that gives bonuses to climb.

Particularly i am looking for items that can be worn most of the time, or are quickly able to be equipped. The climbing equipment in the players guide has boot clips (which i assume would be difficult to run in) and a harness which is probably not comfortable to wear all the time.

I'm a swordsage who likes to use shadowjaunt to teleport up onto buildings/walls at short notice and anything that helps me grab onto the walls better would be good.

I recall seeing tiger claws somewhere where the blades curved between your knuckles, which allowed you to still grip a weapon if needed, but you could use them to climb with either your palms flat or fist clenched, but i havent been able to actually find a source for them (they may have been third party)

Anyone have ideas for suitable equipment?

Demonic_Spoon
2012-01-07, 04:06 PM
Spiderkit(110gp) from Drow of the Underdark and Spelunker's kit(80gp) from Undedark.

Or just get slippers of spiderclimbing(4800gp).

Or the climbing legs graft(FF 4000gp)

Or just save up for some form of flight(cheapest is a 10kgp graft) and obviate the need to climb ever again.

kabreras
2012-01-07, 04:44 PM
Best climbing equipement ?
have a wizard friend !

Slipperychicken
2012-01-07, 09:57 PM
This list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851) contains, among other things, items that grant flight and thus obviate the need for climbing. Alternatively, search for the Lists of Stuff. Get your Cleric to cast Guidance of the Avatar (web enhancement) for a +20 to any skill check, including climb.