PDA

View Full Version : Pixie spell like abilities

Mclane
2012-01-07, 07:08 PM
It says in the MM "1/day-" and then lists all the spell like abilities that a pixie has. I just want someone to confirm whether or not that means that all of them are 1/day or just the first one. Cause something like permanent image doesn't seem like it deserves to be limited to 1/day.

Yuki Akuma
2012-01-07, 07:09 PM
Each spell-like ability is usable once per day each.

And permanent image is a very good spell. :smalltongue:

Mclane
2012-01-07, 07:15 PM
Thanks for confirming! Now I won't be haunted at least. I must not know as much about permanent image as I thought. I just used it as a way to call my character an "artist" using permanent image for "paintings."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-01-07, 07:24 PM
Thanks for confirming! Now I won't be haunted at least. I must not know as much about permanent image as I thought. I just used it as a way to call my character an "artist" using permanent image for "paintings."

Cover pitholes with illusion. Cover doors with illusion. Create Illusory walls. Create Illusory pits. Create a double who you scry on and then control remotely to keep yourself safe in possible dangerous situations. Create a illusory monster to scare people off. Use a illusory lady of the night to make money. Create a new diet illusory food which tastes great but has no nutritional value. Etc.

Worira
2012-01-07, 07:30 PM
Permanent Image, as cast by a pixie, is a spell that creates a 1200-cubic-foot space wherein people can hear and see anything the pixie desires, and it lasts for all eternity. It's kinda nice.

Cover pitholes with illusion. Cover doors with illusion. Create Illusory walls. Create Illusory pits. Create a double who you scry on and then control remotely to keep yourself safe in possible dangerous situations. Create a illusory monster to scare people off. Use a illusory lady of the night to make money. Create a new diet illusory food which tastes great but has no nutritional value. Etc.

1, 2, 3, and 4 work fine. 5 doesn't work, as you can't scry non-existent creatures. You could potentially use the illusion as a mouthpiece in place of yourself, if you hid and used another means of hearing what was going on, whether it be mundane or, say, clairaudience. 6 works. 7 would require that they never actually touch said lady, which seems unlikely. 8 doesn't work since you can't create taste or texture.

Yuki Akuma
2012-01-07, 07:50 PM
Create a new diet illusory food which tastes great but has no nutritional value. Etc.

Pixies can't do that - their permanent images are visual and auditory only, for some reason.

Worira
2012-01-07, 07:53 PM
Even if they weren't, regular permanent images don't include taste or tactile sensation other than heat/cold.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-01-07, 07:55 PM
Yeah sorry, I thought the illusions were all 5 senses for some reason. Funny idea though.