PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 3.5 shapeshifter class

Roto
2012-01-08, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know of any classes in 3.5 that revolve around shapeshifting? Or perhaps Druid variants that focus completely on Wild Shape? I don't really care about spell casting. I just want to be able to turn into various stuff from the get go?

Any ideas?

Akto
2012-01-08, 07:27 PM
Wildshape Ranger variant from UA and Master of manyforms prestige class from complete adventurer focuses on wildshaping without advancing other parts like spell casting.

This is the combo i would use the day i decide to play a shapeshifter =)

AmberVael
2012-01-08, 07:29 PM
Well, I might advise looking at the Shapeshifting variant of Druid in the PHB II. It's a bit more limited than wildshape, but you can do it at will and starting at level 1.

You might also consider adding in Warshaper (from Complete Warrior) and using Shifter or Changeling as your race, just for added shapeshifting capabilities.

Just as a note, I'm not recommending the most powerful- what I'm suggesting are things that you can do constantly and starting from a low level.

Roto
2012-01-08, 07:49 PM
Just as a note, I'm not recommending the most powerful- what I'm suggesting are things that you can do constantly and starting from a low level.

That's what I want... Hell, I don't care if its Truenamer level of suck, if it lets me change my form from the get go.

Piggy Knowles
2012-01-08, 07:55 PM
Totemist? You take on aspects of various magical beasts, starting at level one.

Other than that, I'd suggest looking at races instead of classes - shifters and changelings from Eberron get shapechanging as a racial feature right off the bat, as do the hengeyokai from Oriental Adventures. And the divine minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) template gives you wild shape into a specific form as a racial ability - it's either LA +1 or +2, depending on which form you take on.

hex0
2012-01-08, 07:59 PM
Vael + Akto = Wildshape Ranger going into Warshaper is nice...

Gavinfoxx
2012-01-08, 08:32 PM
Druid 20
Make sure to get some of Natural Spell, Dragon Wild Shape, Frozen Wild Shape, Exalted Wild Shape, Assume Supernatural Ability, Multiattack, and Improved Natural Attack (Claw). Done!