PDA

View Full Version : Add Death Descriptor to Spells?

Tibbaerrohwen
2012-01-08, 07:48 PM
I'm curious. I know you can add the Evil descriptor to spells. Other descriptors can also be added. Either way, it usually requires a feat of some kind. Can you, however, in any way add the Death descriptor to a spell?

Thanks.

Flickerdart
2012-01-08, 10:11 PM
Not that I know of, and why would you? [Death] spells are so easy to gain immunity to that it seems incredibly counter-productive.

SirFredgar
2012-01-08, 10:15 PM
Not that I know of, and why would you? [Death] spells are so easy to gain immunity to that it seems incredibly counter-productive.

This. Deathward shuts those spells down fast.

dextercorvia
2012-01-08, 10:51 PM
Unless there was some way to add the descriptor to your opponent's spells. That would be useful.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2012-01-09, 01:39 AM
As far as use goes, adding the [Death] descriptor to AoE spells if your melee friends are immune to Death effects at least qualifies as a corner case.

As far as how to actually get that to happen... I got nothin'.

kardar233
2012-01-09, 03:03 AM
Be an Incantatrix and add [Death] to the Maw of Chaos someone just dropped on you?

Tibbaerrohwen
2012-01-09, 07:35 AM
I would like to use the Master of the Dead feat from PGtE. That being said, I have no spells on my list with the Death descriptor.

If I slay an opponent outright with a spell with the death descriptor I can bring them back as a ghost under my control. You're limited to one ghost follower, but it's still handy.

Any thoughts?