PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler Uses for Domain-based Turning?

Tibbaerrohwen
2012-01-08, 08:15 PM
So, I'm working on a Beguiler/Rainbow Servant/Sand Shaper. The character is obsessed with undead and the boundaries between life and death. Her current goal is to attempt to bring her parents back to life.

While this isn't really all that difficult in D&D, thanks to the ready availability of magic, she insists on doing it herself, even if that means it's done wrong.

Rainbow Servant provides her with the ability to Turn/Rebuke Air/Earth Elementals. My DM has stated that Divine Metamagic is out, but has, as of yet, listed no other restriction (ie: it counts as turning/rebuking undead for the purpose of feats).

As my focus is on illusion/enchantment spells and attempting to raise/animate dead, what can I do with these turn/rebukes?

Thanks.

hex0
2012-01-08, 08:38 PM
Not...too much. Unless you run into the elementals. Though you can trade in domains for devotions.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2012-01-08, 09:39 PM
Technically divine feats require turn undead or equivalent, but I'd talk to your DM about it. Just because he turns down DMM doesn't mean he'll reject, say, divine defiance (FC2).

Tibbaerrohwen
2012-01-09, 07:40 AM
Technically divine feats require turn undead or equivalent, but I'd talk to your DM about it. Just because he turns down DMM doesn't mean he'll reject, say, divine defiance (FC2).

So far he's said other stuff is in, pending approval. I'm just looking for things to utilize it on, cause it seems like a waste to not do anything with it.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2012-01-09, 01:25 PM
Well, like I said, Divine Defiance is from Fiendish Codex II. Spend a turn attempt, counterspell as an immediate action. Enemy casters beware.