PDA

View Full Version : Snap Kick!? And natural attacks?

Snowbluff
2012-01-08, 09:57 PM
Question about Snap Kick from ToB. So it says I can make another attack for a penalty "whenever you make an attack", then lists some attack actions, etc.

So, can I only make one extra attack per full/standard action? Like, it I punch a guy twice as a full round, can I take a -4 to make 2 more attacks? :smallconfused:

EDIT: Can I have some things clarified?

Does the Eldritch Claw grant 1 natural weapon or 2 (It says a "set". Does it mean a set for one hand or as in "set", both of my hands combined?")

How does using Natural attacks work if you're combining them with manufactured weapons? If I have multiple natural attacks, can I keep adding them with increasing -5 penalties?

Hiro Protagonest
2012-01-08, 10:00 PM
You can only gain one extra attack from Snap Kick. It stacks with other sources like Whirling Frenzy though.

BIGMamaSloth
2012-01-08, 10:00 PM
no, I think punching a guy twice would take a full attack, which is one attack action. I don't have the book, so I don't know the actual wording however.

Greenish
2012-01-08, 10:39 PM
So, can I only make one extra attack per full/standard action?Yes. It works with strikes and AoOs too, though.

Doughnut Master
2012-01-08, 10:57 PM
So how does the penalty stack with AoOs then?

Curmudgeon
2012-01-08, 11:07 PM
The Snap Kick penalty applies for the round, so it ends just before the start of your next turn. If you take an AoO after using Snap Kick, or decide to use Snap Kick on the AoO, you'll incur the penalty.

Snowbluff
2012-01-08, 11:31 PM
You can only gain one extra attack from Snap Kick. It stacks with other sources like Whirling Frenzy though.

Yes. It works with strikes and AoOs too, though.

Alright, thanks guys!

Big Fau
2012-01-09, 01:35 AM
By RAW, you can use the feat an unlimited number of times per round, thus allowing you to stack the penalty on your full attack to make infinite attacks/action that grants attacks.

But this gets stupid fast, because sheer volume means you're going to roll 20's and hit enough to one-round anything you attack).

Keld Denar
2012-01-09, 02:00 AM
You only get one natural attack per natural weapon, ever, barring a couple exceptions. There is no cumulative penalty for additional attacks. Your primary attack is made at -0, and all others are made at -5 from that. It doesn't matter if you have 2 claws or 16 tentacles, all are at -5 from your highest attack bonus.

Axier
2012-01-13, 08:25 AM
You only get one natural attack per natural weapon, ever, barring a couple exceptions. There is no cumulative penalty for additional attacks. Your primary attack is made at -0, and all others are made at -5 from that. It doesn't matter if you have 2 claws or 16 tentacles, all are at -5 from your highest attack bonus.

Improved Multiattack (Draconomicon p.70) removes any negative for natural secondary attacks. Its prerequesites are 3 or more natural attacks and Multiattack (MM p.304), which has the same 3 or more natural attack prereqs.