PDA

View Full Version : I need a feat to concentrate on hitting that guy!

Lord Garland
2012-01-08, 10:25 PM
So guys, im making a feral water orc warblade here focused on hitting the target. It's not about giving tons of dmg, its about UBER freaking high attack rolls. To do that, I create a stance based on the 'manouvers and stance creation rule', that gives me bonus on attack roll in echange of damage per hit. So, whats all of this have to do with Concentration? The stance requires a Concentration test (with a DC 20+bonus I want, and the bonus cant be higher than my BAB, no action required for the test) for every attack roll. My goal is to reach the Lv 13 of warblade with a Concentration of 32 or more, without spending money on equips for that porpuse.
Right now Im lv 3 with +7constitution (thanks to a +1CON belt that I looted) and 6 ranks in concentration. at level 6 I will pick skill focus(concentration), and Blade meditation(diamond mind) at level 13. All the other feats until lv 13 are in use for other parts of the build, except for lv 12. So, anyone knows a feat for raising my Concentration 3 more points?

TL:DR??, ok
Feral water orc warblade needs high Concentration with no help of equips. Tell me all the feats for it you know.

Grendus
2012-01-09, 12:56 AM
Well, skill focus is a given. Wild Talent from the xph would let you become psionically focused, which lets you "take 15" on a roll. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, though.

Quietus
2012-01-09, 01:56 AM
Just like to ask... why does this stance require a Concentration check? It's not exactly hugely overpowering, though it can be a little iffy combined with power attack. Simply tagging a "This stance's benefits cannot be combined with those of Power Attack" to it would be fine.

Darrin
2012-01-09, 07:12 AM
Feral water orc warblade needs high Concentration with no help of equips. Tell me all the feats for it you know.

The easiest is Shape Soulmeld: Vitality Belt (Magic of Incarnum), which gives you a +4 morale bonus on Constitution-based checks (but not Fort saves). Unfortunately, you can't invest essentia to increase the bonus (like most soulmelds). Still, better than Skill Focus.

Then there's Steady Concentration (Races of Stone): always take a 10 on Concentration checks. Although I think you can get that without a feat by dipping Exemplar.

HunterOfJello
2012-01-09, 07:58 AM
I recently created a Gnome Warblade who focused on using the Concrentration Check = Damage maneuvers. I'll go look for it. He had a pretty high Concentration bonus.

~~~

Shape Soulmeld (Vitality Belt)
-That's a +4 to Concentration as pointed out above. I didn't notice it when making my other character.

Third Eye Concentrate Item
-10,000gp from the MiC
-Gives +10 competence bonus to Concentration

Tunic of Steady Spellcasting
-2,500gp from the MiC
-Gives +5 competence bonus to Concentration (not just spellcasting)

Steady Concentration Feat
-from Races of Stone
-Can always Take 10 on concentration checks

Discipline Feat
-a Regional feat from the Player's Guide to Faerun
-gives +2 to Concentration and +2 to Will Saves
-the bonus to will saves at the same time is pretty damn impressive

Person_Man
2012-01-09, 09:49 AM
Brood Keeper's Heart, a Totemist soulmeld from Dragon Magazine 350 (pg 86) grants you a 4 + (2 * essentia invested) Insight bonus to Concentration checks. (If bound to your Heart chakra, it grants you the Swarm template). Like all soulmelds, it can be gained with the Shape Soulmeld feat and improved with essentia (gained from other feats, taking levels of Incarnum classes, and/or certain limited magic items and spells).

Also, having to roll a Concentration check every time you make an attack roll seems very cumbersome.

Quietus
2012-01-09, 11:24 AM
I recently created a Gnome Warblade who focused on using the Concrentration Check = Damage maneuvers. I'll go look for it. He had a pretty high Concentration bonus.

~~~

Shape Soulmeld (Vitality Belt)
-That's a +4 to Concentration as pointed out above. I didn't notice it when making my other character.

Third Eye Concentrate Item
-10,000gp from the MiC
-Gives +10 competence bonus to Concentration

Tunic of Steady Spellcasting
-2,500gp from the MiC
-Gives +5 competence bonus to Concentration (not just spellcasting)

Steady Concentration Feat
-from Races of Stone
-Can always Take 10 on concentration checks

Discipline Feat
-a Regional feat from the Player's Guide to Faerun
-gives +2 to Concentration and +2 to Will Saves
-the bonus to will saves at the same time is pretty damn impressive

Your Third Eye Concentrate and Tunic of Steady Spellcasting won't stack.

Lord Garland
2012-01-09, 05:06 PM
thanks, the soulmeld seems the best ideia for me, since the more concentration the better.
The Concentration check is a problem on the stance that I put on purpose, so the stance would be tagged as lv1, letting me pick it as the second warblade stance. Without it, the stance would be probably tagged as lv2, what would slow the character a lot, maybe even breaking it.

I forgot to mention that the DM ask all the players to come with the best combo possible, if possible a new one. Mine's not really new (I found something very similar few days ago that was on the net for some time already), but im pretty sure it will work perfectly now.

Thank you guys!

hex0
2012-01-09, 05:56 PM
Dip exemplar could help as well.

Morph Bark
2012-01-09, 05:59 PM
Just like to ask... why does this stance require a Concentration check? It's not exactly hugely overpowering, though it can be a little iffy combined with power attack. Simply tagging a "This stance's benefits cannot be combined with those of Power Attack" to it would be fine.

Or say "Power Attack effectively lowers your BAB for purposes of this stance's effects". That way, you could combine them, but never more than 100% put together.