PDA

View Full Version : Playtesters Needed!

Human Paragon 3
2012-01-09, 01:03 PM
Hi all. I am in need of playtesters for my Shakesperean RPG, Forsooth (Winner Game Chef 2011). We're planning on releasing it soon, but need to do our due diligence to make sure it works.

The game is a storytelling/play writing/improv-based game with no GM. It's very off-the-wall and "indie-style." If you are interested in playtesting, send a PM to me with your email address, and I will send you a PDF of the game in its current incarnation.

In return, you'll get to play a fun RPG for free, and get the names of your playgroup printed in the book!

Thanks!

Human Paragon 3
2012-01-12, 04:51 PM
Bump. Still looking for a few good RPers.

negativity 101
2012-01-12, 10:42 PM
I'll give it a try. I think our current ST would be willing and grateful for some time off. just have to convince the rest of the group.

More to the point.
Since noone in the group (including me) has ever playtested a game before, what would be expected of us?
A written evaluation? Verbal over skype or something like it? Predetermined questions or just us trying to express what we felt was good and what may be lacking? Would it just be me replying or would you want each of us to write an evaluation?

And what is the timeline for this? Traditionally my group mets once a week, every sunday and plays for 6-8 hours. So it should be doable to get some data fairly early. But we might spend some time closing up our "normal" game.
So how fast do you need it?

But sounds cool. I've sent you a PM with my email and hope you'll use me/us.

We are a bunch of danes, all in our twenties and more or less fluent in english btw. We've been playing 6-7 odd years. If it matters.

- Bastian Fitzsimmons

Human Paragon 3
2012-01-12, 11:03 PM
Danes, eh? Hopefully not too melancholy.

The more information you can provide to us, the better. Basically everything will be useful - what confused you, what you loved, what you didn't like so much, your general impressions. How did the game actually play out? How long did it last? Who won and by how much?

We are interested in nuts and bolts stuff as well as wishy washy feelings stuff.

As for time, in the next couple weeks would be fine.

negativity 101
2012-01-12, 11:14 PM
Sounds good. I'll try to pitch it to the rest of the group this sunday.

SirDalyus
2012-01-24, 04:29 PM
If you are still looking for playtesters, My local gaming group are very, very interested.

Bearpunch
2012-01-25, 09:47 AM
What is the concept of the game? Besides Shakespearean (forgive my spelling) setting, I need something to tell my gaming group to try and get them to play.

If I can get them to play, I could try and do it this weekend, if the rules are simple enough.

Wookieetank
2012-01-27, 10:33 AM
I don't currently have a group going, but I have helped one friend write a system that he's just about ready to publish, and have play tested another friend's system that would already be published if he could quit tinkering with it. So if general input would be helpful, I'd be more than happy to read over things and give feedback.

whydoibover
2012-01-27, 01:28 PM
I, too, am interested, if you need any more playtesters.

Human Paragon 3
2012-01-27, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the responses guys! If you are interested in playing, just PM me your email address.

For those curious about what the game is "about," I'm afraid there's not all that much I can tell you. That's totally determined by the players. You all make several characters (very minimalist character generation) with their own motivations and traits, then just throw them together and see what happens. In each scene, you can have any of your characters enter or exit at any time as long as you only have one "on-stage" at any time, and scenes end when all the characters have exited. The game ends when all the protagonists are married or dead.

There are specific rules to govern the action, but they're very light.

The Glyphstone
2012-01-27, 05:25 PM
The game ends when all the protagonists are married or dead.

This alone makes me want to play. My group's not too keen on rules-light games, but I'll try to convince them.

Human Paragon 3
2012-01-27, 07:22 PM
The game is a blast, I swear! PM me your email address and I'll send you the game.