PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Lord/Arcane Swordsage = Suber buu

Xynphos
2012-01-09, 01:58 PM
I've always wanted to play the classic Bad Guy who destroys stuff just for the fun of it, but also gains power in the process.

Then I thought what bad guy can i think of like that. The answer popped out of thin air. Super Buu of DBZ.

This led me to think of a vampire, being controlled by a previous master until he was destroyed, then freedom. Evil. Also, Vampires have Fast Healing, for the regenerative properties of Super Buu.

But to gain the power of the infamous Super Buu the character needs to have some abilities not granted by the vampire, hence the Arcane Swordsage.

Besides, Swordsages in general always struck me as Super-Sayain types.
Super-Sayain + Regenerating Evil Guy= Super Buu

So far this is what I got:

The Vampire Savage Progression found here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030824a

And this Version of the Arcane Swordsage found here:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187632

Along with gaining this vampire lord template at LV 10:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a

Stats using 32 point buy:

Character Name: Super Buu
CE Human (Possibly Silverbrow for more epicness in concept)
Vampire 8 / Arcane Swordsage 2 / X
(Base Before Vamp and LV 4/8 points)
STR 28 (16)
DEX 26 (18)
CON -- (10)
INT 14 (10)
WIS 20 (16)
CHA 28 (18)

HD: ?
AC: 35 (12NAT+8DEX+5WIS)
Speed: 30 ft. (Fly 50 ft., Perfect)
BAB: ?
Attacks: Slam+9(1d6+9+Energy Drain)
Init: +9 (+8 Dex, +1 Quick to Act)

Feats: Mostly Libris Mortis
Endure Sunlight(Human), Life Drain(1st) Dodge(Vamp), Combat Reflexes(Vamp), Leadership(Vamp Lord), Iron Will(Vamp Lord)

Abilities: Blood Drain(Ex), Resistance Cold&Electricity10, Spawn Slavery(Su), Spider Climb(Ex), Moderate Fortification(Ex), Coffin Sanctuary(Ex), Dominate(Su), Alternate Form(Su), Children of the Night(Su), DR 10/+3, Fast Healing 8, Energy Drain(Su), Undeath, Control Weather(Sp), Telekinesis(Su), Telepathy(Su), Turn Resistance +8, AC Bonus(Wis), Quick to Act +1

Maneuvers Known:
Strike- Hold Person
Boost-Owl's Wisdom
Strike- Ghoul Touch
Strike- Lightning Bolt
Boost-Eagle's Splendor
Counter- Resilient Sphere
Strike-

Stances Known:
Mirror Image
Invisibility

I'm trying my best to emulate Suber Buu as a D&D 3.5 character and would appreciate the input.

The things I am mostly not sure about are HD and BAB.
I could also use some suggestions on skills to take.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-09, 03:01 PM
One glance tells me that you have no ability to turn anyone into chocolate.

I disapprove. :smallmad:

:smalltongue:

Seriously though, you need to get that as soon as you can.

And also, BAB is -very- -very- hard to apply for characters in DBZ. Mainly because everyone throws out martial arts combos like crazy, from the little monkey boys to the ungodly shadow dragons, and -everything- in between. Honestly, the only things that wouldn't have Max BAB consist of Cheetahs and Dinosaurs, as well as the Commoners. And maybe Krillin. :smallwink:

Also, while Hit Dice might be tentative, you -have- to have a skill that revives you from being dead. Buu and Cell's biggest threatening ability was that THEY'RE JUST FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL! STOP COMING BACK TO LIFE AND JUST DIE ALREADY! :smallfurious:

So yeah, you need to get massive self reviving ability (or at the very least be able to get almost to full hp at the end of every round) and you need to be able to turn people into Chocolate. Or Candy. I just like Chocolate.

Cottn Candy would be nice.... especially if you turn someone else into Chocolate and melt them over it.

You should be opposed by that Homebrew Sayain (Race) Z-Warrior (Class). :smallbiggrin:

Xynphos
2012-01-09, 03:38 PM
I was kinda sad about the chocolate part too, but i'm doing the best as I can... confusing rules on monster creature HD and all.

But at least he can revive.

As a vampire lord he can just return back to his coffin, within 24 hours and revive peacefully. And with fast healing 8, DR 10/+3, and resilient sphere as a counter, he can sit inside resilient sphere and regenerate all he wants, as it's time is in minutes, is quite a few rounds.

Zonugal
2012-01-09, 03:43 PM
I was kinda sad about the chocolate part too, but i'm doing the best as I can... confusing rules on monster creature HD and all.

If only you could steal abilities... (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401a)