PDA

View Full Version : Question about Crown of Madness

Cheerios623
2012-01-09, 04:14 PM
My group and I are pretty new to D&D, and we have no idea how to interpret Crown of Madness (PHB 134). The vague errata only adds to the confusion.

I think that it does 2d8+cha damage (because the errata says the damage was increased) and you can immediately make the target attack an adjacent ally. On each of your subsequent turns, you can force the target to attack an adjacent ally either until you either stop spending your minor action to sustain or until it saves against your charm effect.

Is this close to correct? The errata says "the hit entry now has an additional effect" and I have no clue what it is referring to.

Thanks in advance!

Badgerish
2012-01-11, 01:56 PM
For the exact answer to your question, check the compendium/online-char-builder (both part of DDI), or the Rules Compendium book (I think).

First one's free:
Damage went upto 2d10+cha and the save-ends/sustain-minor has changed to just a save-ends (1/round, as a minor action, you can perform the old sustain effect).

So, increased damage and doesn't stop if you don't sustain it for a turn.

Adoendithas
2012-01-11, 08:23 PM
Wait, so you can't view the new stats from the rules addenda without DDI? That sucks.

Treblain
2012-01-15, 11:51 PM
WotC posted a PDF a few months ago with revisions/clarifications to the warlock powers from the PHB. It was a playtest article, so not technically official errata, but the Crown of Madness (on pg. 6) power seems to be the same as the errata-ed version. Here. (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/warlockplaytest/20110603)

Adoendithas
2012-01-16, 12:18 PM
Just what I needed! Thanks!