PDA

View Full Version : Houserules for "For the Queen" (WIP, do not PEACH)

Simba
2012-01-10, 06:20 AM
Character Generation:

- Point Buy 29 for attributes
- HPs are fixed at 7/6/5/4/3 for d12/d10/d8/d6/d4
- AC = 10 + BAB + DEX Mod + Deflection Bonus + Dodge Bonus + Luck Bonus + Size Modifier + Shield Bonus
- DR = Class DR + Armor + Natural Armor
- Special Bonus can be added to either one, player's choice
- instead of getting 1 attribute point every 4 levels you get 1 point-buy point per level that can be saved up for later use.
- BAB and saves are fractional
- up to 2 traits from the PF list, no flaws
- magic items are severely restricted as there are no wizards/artificers. Each character will have one item at the start. Let me know what you would like to have and we will find a way to make it. It can be from the list, but does not have to be.
- heavy armor is practically unknown. Replace 'Heavy Armor Proficiency' on your characters with a bonus feat.

Skills:

The following skills are combined:
Hide, Move Silently -> Stealth
Listen, Search, Spot -> Perception
Balance, Tumble -> Acrobatics
Climb, Jump, Swim -> Athletics
Open Lock, Disable Device -> Disable Device
Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate -> Persuasion

Races:

Humans (73%), Dwarves (15%) and Gnomes (10%) form the majority of the population, there are some minorities, but no elves.

Human: as PF
Dwarves: as PF
Gnomes: as PF, except for:

+2 CON and WIS, -2 STR
Gnome lose:
- obsessive
- Illusion Resistant
- Gnome Magic
- Hatred

Gnomes get:
- Stealthy: +4 Racial bonus on Hide checks, +8 Racial bonus on Hide checks in wooded areas, Pass without Trace (self only), always on
- Gnome Magic: Speak with Animals (burrowing mammals only)
- Favored classes: Druid, Scout

Dragonborn:

+2 STR and CHA, -2 WIS
- Low-light Vision, Darkvision 60’.
Magic resistant: +2 Racial bonus on saves vs. Magic, except when cast by a dragon
Warrior culture: +2 Racial bonus on Intimidate & Spot checks.
Tough skin: Natural Armor bonus improves by +2
Favored Classes: Warblade, Knight-Paladin

Classes:

The following classes can be played:
Warmage
Beguiler
Godspeaker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224982)
Miracle Worker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224982)
No-Wildshape Druid
Bard
Swordsage
Duskblade
Warblade
Rogue
Barbarian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227466)
Warlock
Scout
Ranger
Marshal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186681) (H)
Fighter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227466)
Knight-Paladin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187700) (H)

Classes with (H) behind them are homebrew or have homebrew changes. Please talk to me about more homebrew classes if you want to play them.

Warmage: Warmages can chose to make their casting use either INT OR CHA. This also changes the bonus they get to spell damage.

No-Wildshape Druid: Same as Druid, but loses the Wildshape ability.

Equipment

Armor table (adapted from UA):
{TABLE]Armor|Max. Dex Bonus|Check Penalty|ASF|Speed|DR
Padded|+8|0|5%|30/20|None
Leather|+6|0|10%|30/20|1/-
Studded Leather|+5|-1|15%|30/20|1/-
Chain Shirt|+4|-2|20%|30/20|2/-
Hide|+4|-3|20%|20/15|1/-
Scale mail|+3|-4|25%|20/15|2/-
Chainmail|+2|-5|30%|20/15|2/-
Breastplate|+3|-4|25%|20/15|2/-
[/TABLE]
Doesn't make sense this way, right?
So maybe a simplified version makes more sense:

Armor table:
{TABLE]Armor|Max. Dex Bonus|Check Penalty|ASF|Speed|DR
Light Armor|+6|0|10%|30/20|2/-
Medium Armor|+3|-4|25%|20/15|4/-
Heavy Armor|+0|-7|40%|20/15|6/-
[/TABLE]

Simba
2012-01-12, 03:38 AM
History:

0: Fleeing from his home, frisian trader Harald the Founder lands on a rocky island far from any known trade routes. He claims it for himself, naming it Harland and setteling down.
0-100: Harlandish sailors find a larger island nearby, calling it Jonland. Gradually, Harland settles the coast. They found their new capital Harn at the mouth of the river Hoin. First contact with the native Holds.
100-109: First Holdwar. Harald the Hunter encounters heavy holdish resistance in his attempt to claim rich inland areas. With heavy casualties the Holds are driven back into the marshes of Viz.
109: Treaty of Greid. Harald the Hunter guarantees Holdish independence in exchange for lasting peace. All lands north of Greid remain in holdish hands, Harland claims all lands south of Greid.
121-173: Second Holdwar. Harald's son, Grondal the Fierce, attacks holdish settlements north of Greid, breaking the peace. His troups push north and drive the Holds back into the marshes of Viz once more. His sons conquer all of Jonland. Holds resist but are decimated.
173: Second treaty of Greid. King Harald the Small accepts holdish capitulation. Holds are given the marshes of Viz to live in, the rest of Jonland is in harlandish hands.
173 - 394: The golden age of Harland. Harland prospers and grows. Lasting peace gives rise to trade and art. Cities are founded and the population grows.
237: Exploring the mountains north of the marshes of Viz, harlandish miners encounter Dwarves. Trade begins.
392: Harlandish sailors encounter a large ship of unknown design. They capture it, kill the people on board and sink the ship.
395-402: Dorish Invasion. A large fleet of ships arrives at the southern coast. They attack the small town of Kiffe and burn it to the ground. Taken by surprise, King Herwig the Slow sends an army south but it is slaughtered to a man. As the strangers drive north relentlessly, taking town after town, diplomacy fails. The Dor have come to avenge the death of their prince, who died when harlandish sailors sunk his ship. At the end of the war, Dor has taken all Harland up to the marshes of Viz. They settle in to stay.
403-946: Harland conquers all the lands north of Viz not claimed by the dwarves. The land is rougher but rich in gems and metal. Dorland becomes a new kingdom and breaks from their homeland.
765: Harlandish explorers encounter Gnoll barbarians in the far north. After a few skirmishes a border is established and fiercly guarded on both sides.
946: The Dragon Invasion. On the first day of the new year, a flight of dragons is sighted off the Darland coast. In their wake, ships filled with strange men land on Darland's southern shore. King Dran of Dorland sends his whole army to counter the threat. In a huge battle most of the invaders are killed, but the dragons slaughter all of Dorland's army.
947: King Dran of Dorland asks Horil the Brave of Harland for help against the invaders. The Harland army arrives just in time to save the Dor capital of Moril from being taken. The last invading dragon flies away, heavily wounded. In a historic event, Dran and Hum meet outside the city walls. They shake hands, one warrior to another. Dran gives his only daughter, Doren, to be Horil's wife. His son, Daril, marries Horil's sister, Hanna.
947-958: Peace once more. The remaining invaders are named dragonborn and settle down despite protests from the people. They seem to be eager to integrate into their new home. Most wander north to live in Harland, where they are more welcome.
958: Second Dragon invasion. A huge dragon with a strange figure on its back arrives. The dragon's skin hangs in tatters, but wherever it comes, death follows. A massive army of the dead attacks Dorland, advancing slowly, but relentlessly. Once more the people of Harland and Dor unite to fight a common enemy.
958-today: War of the Dead. Gathering their fallen foes into their army, the invading dead march north. Dorland withdraws with heavy casualties and King Dran relocates his capital to Jan on the Harland border.
963: In a huge battle, King Dran of Dorland falls takes ill and dies within days.
966: A large army of Gnolls arrives on the Harland border, offering their help in fighting the enemy to the south. Though suspicious, King Horil accepts and the Gnolls join the fight.

Cultures:

The Har

The Har are the descentants of a normadic warrior-trader culture. Har society is organized in clans, with each clan claiming a piece of land. Clanlords are very independent and often have long-standing feuds against each other, but when facing a common enemy they still unite to fight together. Old hatreds are forgotten until the enemy is defeated.

Har are farmers, animal handlers and traders, craftsmen and scolars, but above all they are warriors. Har don't like arcane magic, but are not afraid of it. Divine magic is frequent and strongly supported by all Har, who tend to be very religious and devout.

The Dor

The Dor are a more sophisticated people than the Har. When one of their many princes was killed, his family gathered all the men they could and moved to revenge his death, invading Harland. Among Dorish people, honor is everything, duty is all.

The Hold

The Hold are the only people native to what they simply call Hol - home - in their language. They strive to be one with nature and treat it as a sacred, divine order. Their religion is druidic and their sacred places are groves, lakes and mountains.

The Dragonborn

Created by dragons to fight their wars, the dragonborn are a young race. They are strong and fierce, with loyalty to their masters bred into them.

lostsole31
2012-01-12, 03:50 AM
Cool. I am interested, since there are new things on the table, in playing a human marshal// miracle worker. Unlike many of the resistance that are locals that must be trained, he is one of the few surviving officers of ..... whatever. (We'll need more campaign info.)

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-12, 06:17 AM
Oh, didn't check this thread before sending that mass PM. Sorry about that. Ignore the tier part of the PM.

Anyway, hmm...interesting class list. A bit sad that Sorcerer and Wizard aren't allowed since I'm a big Arcane Magic fan, but that's no big deal. The Barbarian and Fighter changes look very interesting, and that's just further cementing my desire to play the refined version of Tarha (refined, mind you, more in personality and background than in mechanics).

But again, I'll try to think of other stuff instead since playing that character would be kind of redundant and I'm sure I could probably come up with something else. Just to satisfy myself though, I will keep her on the back burner just in case the party we end up with could use a character of her style.

EDIT: Oh, two more things:
1. I take it we're basically mixing Pathfinder and 3.5 here, looking at all the 'PF' notations?

2. What does PEACH mean?

Simba
2012-01-12, 06:35 AM
What does PEACH mean?

Please Examine And Critique Honestly. It is used to invite other readers to take a look, something I don't want as we have no free spots in the group if Debbie really shows up.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-12, 09:17 AM
So is the swordmage still kosher?

lostsole31
2012-01-12, 09:18 AM
Simba, I've given you TW permissions for Sigurd Njord. At the time of this post, it's an empty character sheet ... but we have a name and a profession: Sigurd Njord, warpriest (not to different from Ored, huh?).

What is the weight of "medium armor?"

What is "Special bonus [can be added to either one, player's choice]"? per the Character Generation block?

Are we using Mental Focus (Wis-based blend of Concentration & Autohypnosis, as per your 'Tribes' and my 'Redemption')? or, are we using PF's CL-based Concentration check? The first opens up options and ends up (based on skill points) being more successful than the latter, but the latter costs no skill points.

0-Level Spells ... per PF as well, wherein you cast any orison you know (spontaneous casters) or have prepared an unlimited time per day, with the PF corrections (such as no more cure/ inflict minor wounds, but stabilize/ bleed in their place)?

I'm starting off 1 point "in the hole" so that when I make 5th level, I'll have 2 points to spend on Consitution next level (to bring it to 16).

If WBL is normally 3,300 gp (or its value) and I have a crafting feat (Craft Wondrous Item), can I get that 'one item' for half of the value without taking an XP hit that drops me back down to 3rd level (as if we were credited the appropriate XP for crafting)? I'd like my item to be amulet of health, which normally costs 4,000 gp, but it only takes me 2,000 gp to craft one.

Soooo, if our spell list only comes from Domain spells, what about our Domain spells ... do we choose five orisons on our own, that may be thematically tied to the Domains and have you review them? Do we get credited the 'basic two' of read magic and detect magic, especially since so many spontaneous casters usually have upwards of 9 known orisons?

Debbie_D
2012-01-12, 10:36 AM
Okay, Mikela and I are both here, but we are going to have to look over those classes to see what we want to go with. Bard, rogue and beguiler seem to be calling to us.

Debbie really shows up.

Really shows up??

lostsole31
2012-01-12, 10:54 AM
Well, he knows how powerful you are ... he figured you might actually be skulking ethereally (like a rogue), or possibly distracting us with an illusion (like a beguiler). Of course, we fully expected some sort of presence. :smalltongue:

Debbie_D
2012-01-12, 11:46 AM
I need someone to make me a fancy avatar...Mikela has such a nice one, but the person who made it doesnt lend out any more.

lostsole31
2012-01-12, 12:27 PM
Simba, Planar Domains .... each of the 'absolute planes' has one, but the special nature of the other planes has their own champions, even if not as focused on the axes of alignment.

Based on Ysgard as the eternal battleground of (primarily good) heroes - not only mass conflict against each other, but also against the evil hordes of dark elves, fire giants, and frost giants, I have created a planar domain for Ysgard (granted power not included) based on the Planar Domain model in Spell Compendium (from Planewaler's Handbook).

Planar Domains always cost two domains (which is why, with all of them, they have two spells per level) - so that's the same. Also, divine channelers must be the same alignment of their god while still being within one step of their deity. (So, in this CG or CN, with tendencies towards the other).

The spell list, again reflecting what is stated above, is in "Other Notes." Also, the extra two "normal" domains to round out Odur's list for the purposes of the "five domains" are Glory and Healing, as modeled on Pelor of Oerth (and most other sun gods).

This would mean his spell list would come from Glory, Healing Sun, & Ysgard. Do you like the Ysgard list? does it seem appropriate for your campaign? How about Glory and Healing as the filler domains for the "normal" five?

Simba
2012-01-12, 01:28 PM
Simba, I've given you TW permissions for Sigurd Njord. At the time of this post, it's an empty character sheet ... but we have a name and a profession: Sigurd Njord, warpriest (not to different from Ored, huh?).

Fair enough. I will take a peek tomorrow.

What is the weight of "medium armor?"

Weights are 15, 30 and 50 lb. for light, medium and heavy armor.

What is "Special bonus [can be added to either one, player's choice]"? per the Character Generation block?

There are some bonus in the game that are called 'special'. Those - and only those - can be assigned to improve either AC or DR.

Are we using Mental Focus (Wis-based blend of Concentration & Autohypnosis, as per your 'Tribes' and my 'Redemption')? or, are we using PF's CL-based Concentration check? The first opens up options and ends up (based on skill points) being more successful than the latter, but the latter costs no skill points.

Mental Focus is used, sorry for forgetting it in the skill list.

0-Level Spells ... per PF as well, wherein you cast any orison you know (spontaneous casters) or have prepared an unlimited time per day, with the PF corrections (such as no more cure/ inflict minor wounds, but stabilize/ bleed in their place)?

Orisons are as per PF rules.

I'm starting off 1 point "in the hole" so that when I make 5th level, I'll have 2 points to spend on Consitution next level (to bring it to 16).

Great idea.

If WBL is normally 3,300 gp (or its value) and I have a crafting feat (Craft Wondrous Item), can I get that 'one item' for half of the value without taking an XP hit that drops me back down to 3rd level (as if we were credited the appropriate XP for crafting)? I'd like my item to be amulet of health, which normally costs 4,000 gp, but it only takes me 2,000 gp to craft one.

No. Magic items are special, wonderful things only rarely found. Noone 'makes' them nowadays.

Soooo, if our spell list only comes from Domain spells, what about our Domain spells ... do we choose five orisons on our own, that may be thematically tied to the Domains and have you review them? Do we get credited the 'basic two' of read magic and detect magic, especially since so many spontaneous casters usually have upwards of 9 known orisons?

You get read magic and detect magic, but as magic is quite rare it is of limited use, at least up to now. You can chose 3 orisons per domain that have to be linked thematically to the domain.

Simba
2012-01-12, 01:31 PM
This would mean his spell list would come from Glory, Healing Sun, & Ysgard. Do you like the Ysgard list? does it seem appropriate for your campaign? How about Glory and Healing as the filler domains for the "normal" five?

The list of domains is fine, but I will have to check Ysgard tomorrow when I have more time. The idea itself sounds ok.

lostsole31
2012-01-12, 04:37 PM
A) Weights are 15, 30 and 50 lb. for light, medium and heavy armor.

B) There are some bonus in the game that are called 'special'. Those - and only those - can be assigned to improve either AC or DR.

C) Mental Focus is used, sorry for forgetting it in the skill list.

D Orisons are as per PF rules. ... You get read magic and detect magic, but as magic is quite rare it is of limited use, at least up to now. You can chose 3 orisons per domain that have to be linked thematically to the domain.
EDIT: Just looked over and assigned orisons. Not counting the base 2, there are only 10 orisons overall, vice 15, because of overlap of various orisons between one domain and another. That is super-duper plenty anyway, so I'm cool with that.

E) No. Magic items are special, wonderful things only rarely found. Noone 'makes' them nowadays.
A) I thought there was no heavy armor (which makes sense for the campaign era you described ... so why include it? If included, I will definitely use it .... but not if it isn't (and goes against RP).

B) Thanks.

C) Skills adjusted/ updated.

D) Cool. I figured, but I wanted to be sure. Lots of orison possibilities, but again (and rightfully) the slender nature of the Odur's see - hot healing holiness - will keep the list from being that large. I'll look over orisons and submit a list when I have time this evening. It would be 15 orisons ... but that number will actually be cut down as there will be many crossovers (light by Sun and Glory, stabilize possibly for Healing, Ysgard, etc.), so there will be less than that number to be sure. Thanks for the extra two 'standards' ... even if they'll see far less use in this game than normal.

E) No craft feats, aye. I'll drop Craft Wondrous Item and the trait Hedge Magic, and I'll let you know when the character sheet is done.

Again, will need to wait for update on heavy armor and more guidance on starting 'item' ... still need some manner of parameter, then, even if it as crude as cost-vs-normal WBL. One thing would be for you to actually choose ... would love something for CON or WIS, but even something cool for bastard sword, armor, shield ... or something exotic and useful (and comparable to others). I mean, we didn't buy it ... nobody made it for us ... we earned it through a victory, as guided by the gods.

The list of domains is fine, but I will have to check Ysgard tomorrow when I have more time. The idea itself sounds ok.
Cool, thanks. After writing that up, I actually might do a full-spectrum Plane Domain writeup for the 'transition' planes one day when I have time. The power of the plane itself as granted by the deity as a concretion of overall philosophy, in tandem with 'normal' Domains which are more specific to portfolio.

lostsole31
2012-01-12, 07:07 PM
Simba, can I use Wisdom as an ability modifier as a marshal? It makes far more sense thea, say, "leading by Dexterity" (which is a bizarre choice of many). Whereas Intelligence notes a calculated, learned approach to tactics, Wisdom represents experience, insight, good judgement, and .... well, wisdom.

Simba
2012-01-12, 10:59 PM
A) I thought there was no heavy armor (which makes sense for the campaign era you described ... so why include it? If included, I will definitely use it .... but not if it isn't (and goes against RP).

It is included as you might get your hands on a suit of heavy armor later on in the campaign and learn to use it. Your enemies have it, you know?

Simba, can I use Wisdom as an ability modifier as a marshal? It makes far more sense thea, say, "leading by Dexterity" (which is a bizarre choice of many). Whereas Intelligence notes a calculated, learned approach to tactics, Wisdom represents experience, insight, good judgement, and .... well, wisdom.

Given your character, Wisdom is the only trait that makes sense, right? Warpriest leadership in battle :)

lostsole31
2012-01-12, 11:37 PM
Right on for the first.

And RIGHT-ON for the second!

Simba
2012-01-13, 12:57 AM
So is the swordmage still kosher?

For a swordmage character you should either be a dragonborn or a human from the arabic culture.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-13, 06:11 AM
Hmm. I have an idea for a character, though it will take some DM approval.

Simba, how do you feel about custom races built from the Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide Playtest?

Reason for Asking

For a long time I've been wanting to try out a character of mine named Garathor Albinar, who I usually play as a humble Stone Giant. This is, as you can imagine, a difficult concept to work with mechanically.

However, the Advanced Race Guide Playtest allows creation of custom races, and Large size is an option. However, I also realize that most Large size creatures are generally more powerful than Medium creatures, as they have 10 foot reach, among other things. The Advanced Race Guide separates Large size from Reach, so it's possible to make a Large creature that does not have Reach, thus removing one of the biggest advantages to being Large.

Since Large size is fairly central to the character concept (I don't care about the mechanical side of it), I'd like to ask if you might be willing to allow a Large creature with no Reach.

If working the race into the setting is a concern (which I'm betting it is), I'm willing to throw up a backstory/history for them if requested.

I realize it's probably a pretty big stretch, and I'm not expecting to get approved for it, but it's 5:00 AM for me and my brain isn't completely working, so my hopes have gotten up.

MikelaC1
2012-01-13, 07:30 AM
As those of you who play in our games know, our computer issues have become more and more complex. Dell has thrown in the towel and said they will give us a new one. Unfortunately, this is going to take up to 5 weeks, in which time, we will not even be able to make PC sheets. Even posting this is a pain, I now know what LS went through, trying to post on the board from a phone. I dont even want to think of what working with a TTW sheet would be like. Simba is going to allow Debbie and myself to wait until our new laptop arrives and then join the party, whenever and wherever they are. So for now, we will be just watching what you make, our plan is to have a beguiler and a rogue, unless we see someone else going that route.

lostsole31
2012-01-13, 09:37 AM
Ugh, sorry to hear that, ladies.

Yeah, there was no way to just "click on" any of the icons, so absolutely every code had to be written out. On my old phone, brackets were extremely hard to call up. And, yeah, I never once tried to do TTW at the same time.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-13, 03:19 PM
Wow, yeah, that's a real shame. Here's hoping that when your new computer does arrive, it won't have as many issues and will last longer than your current one.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-13, 03:29 PM
Yeah, probably go human then.

lostsole31
2012-01-13, 04:15 PM
Wow, yeah, that's a real shame. Here's hoping that when your new computer does arrive, it won't have as many issues and will last longer than your current one.

Yeah, probably go human then.
This made me giggle seeing this post. Ya know how you look at something really quickly without really looking at it? So I'm asking myself for 2.7 seconds (before the forehead slap), what the hell does being human have to do with Mikela's computer?

GuyFawkes
2012-01-13, 06:32 PM
Of course it has everything to do with it. A human has far less issues you can't fix and will last longer than a computer. :smallbiggrin:

Simba
2012-01-15, 11:49 AM
There will be a little delay as 2 of our kids have fallen sick today and I will stay at home for a few days to take care of them. Thank you for your patience!

lostsole31
2012-01-15, 12:30 PM
Dude, of course that's cool. I actually didn't expect to see from you today (which is literally correct, when you think about it, but it's still weird to type and say to myself) .... normally weekends are game-off for family QT (quality time).

MikelaC1
2012-01-17, 10:06 AM
There was discussion at one point about possible gestalt on this game, was that decided? And what level are we?
Still no computer by the way, but Dell told us yesterday it had been shipped, if that means anything.

lostsole31
2012-01-17, 10:07 AM
Gestalt 4// 4

EDIT: My 'puter speakers or soundboard (internal) have pooped the sleeping place ... and I use it to play here, for networking/ E-mail, for watching movies (a TV is silly for one person). If it wasn't covered by warranty, it woud actually take quicker to repair. But because it is still covered by warranty, I will have to ship it off. Not yet ... but soon.

MikelaC1
2012-01-17, 08:57 PM
And finally, our new computer is here from Dell. I think they put a rush on it, because they were so embarrassed about the screwup. But we are back in business.

Simba
2012-01-17, 09:38 PM
And finally, our new computer is here from Dell. I think they put a rush on it, because they were so embarrassed about the screwup. But we are back in business.

Great!!!!!

lostsole31
2012-01-18, 01:25 PM
So, Mikela is probably scrambling to make a character now that she has her 'puter back. Guy, Deacon, how are you guys?

What is left before we begin play, Simba?

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-18, 01:44 PM
Hmm. I have an idea for a character, though it will take some DM approval.

Simba, how do you feel about custom races built from the Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide Playtest?

Reason for Asking

For a long time I've been wanting to try out a character of mine named Garathor Albinar, who I usually play as a humble Stone Giant. This is, as you can imagine, a difficult concept to work with mechanically.

However, the Advanced Race Guide Playtest allows creation of custom races, and Large size is an option. However, I also realize that most Large size creatures are generally more powerful than Medium creatures, as they have 10 foot reach, among other things. The Advanced Race Guide separates Large size from Reach, so it's possible to make a Large creature that does not have Reach, thus removing one of the biggest advantages to being Large.

Since Large size is fairly central to the character concept (I don't care about the mechanical side of it), I'd like to ask if you might be willing to allow a Large creature with no Reach.

If working the race into the setting is a concern (which I'm betting it is), I'm willing to throw up a backstory/history for them if requested.

I realize it's probably a pretty big stretch, and I'm not expecting to get approved for it, but it's 5:00 AM for me and my brain isn't completely working, so my hopes have gotten up.

I'm still awaiting an answer on this. I'm doubting pretty heavily it'll be approved, but I might as well ask. It's the character concept behind my forum avatar, after all.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-18, 01:52 PM
I'm good to go as well. Well not really, but no other problems on my end, apart from RL busy burst. With Myth-Weavers down, I can't begin making my sheet as well. I'm also still thinking of what to pair with the swordmage, but as it is level 4. it shall be fairly fast to whip up once I do decide on it. Do we have a definitive deadline set for starting?

lostsole31
2012-01-18, 09:52 PM
Delivering my computer to shop to ship to HP to fix my internal speakers/ soundboard. It's gonna get dicey around here. Well, actually, less dice-y, but you know what I mean ...

Simba
2012-01-19, 12:14 AM
I'm still awaiting an answer on this. I'm doubting pretty heavily it'll be approved, but I might as well ask. It's the character concept behind my forum avatar, after all.

As much as I would like to include the concept it simply doesn't fit the setting. Sorry :smallfrown:

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-19, 02:28 AM
Well, I figured I wouldn't get it anyway, but I'm glad to know it at least sounds mildly interesting. I'll get to thinking on other character concepts, thanks for considering it.

Simba
2012-01-19, 03:03 AM
Group setup:

You should be a bunch of people the queen would turn to for help when most able bodied men and women are off fighting the war. At least 1-2 of you should be trusted allies to her in some way. Bodyguard, assistant, Captain of the watch, house cleric, royal skald, whatever suits your fancy.

This doesn't have to be true for everyone, but being connected in some way lends credibility to her choosing you.

If you like please post the fluff here before you do too much of the crunch, it minimizes additional correction work and makes planning easier for me.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-19, 04:03 AM
A couple of ideas have popped into my head, though they're a bit more dark and evil-oriented than the campaign idea suggests. I'm sure if necessary I could work in explanations for motives and choosing though.

Knife-specialist Rogue / Assassin / Sneaky-type person -- Nihilistic Hedonist who has no qualms about killing, and sees it as a method of getting by. Completely amoral.
Fear/Illusion-specialist Caster (should be interesting to adapt to non-Sorc/Wizard Arcane caster classes) -- Insane sadist, takes pleasure in causing fear and pain, generally views most people as toys for him to play with and throw away when he's done with them. Likes to experiment with people's minds.

And then there's one more character idea that might work, one that I've had floating around in my head for quite a while. Again, this character concept is a bit dark, but he's not evil or insane like the previous two. I think he could work with this campaign. I'm actually really eager to try this one out.

Rogash

A Half-Orc Fighter(/Paladin?)/Hellknight (A Pathfinder Prestige Class, likely only incorporated here via fluff).

Basically the idea behind the character is he's a survivor of an Orcish slave camp where he grew up from birth, and was liberated from his enslavement (either by a slave revolt or a raid by the Queen's militia) and then made his way to civilization, where he spent some time as a soldier or mercenary. He learned to use the chains that kept him prisoner as a weapon, and now specializes in the use of Spiked Chains. Perhaps he eventually gained the Queen's attention somehow and became a Bodyguard for her or something like that.

In any case, I'd sort of describe this guy as a Medieval Judge Dredd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd). He does his duty however he sees fit and strives to do it to the best of his abilities. Mechanically, he'd focus on Intimidation and the use of his Spiked Chain.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-19, 05:43 AM
Hmm, would you allow this class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12539718#post12539718) I made? It's abilities are extraordinary anyway, so no problem with the magic stuff.

Simba
2012-01-19, 08:16 AM
Hmm, would you allow this class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12539718#post12539718) I made? It's abilities are extraordinary anyway, so no problem with the magic stuff.

Wow. I need to re-read this in order to make sense of it, but the idea itself might fit well if you go for arabian human background.

Simba
2012-01-19, 08:18 AM
And then there's one more character idea that might work, one that I've had floating around in my head for quite a while. Again, this character concept is a bit dark, but he's not evil or insane like the previous two. I think he could work with this campaign. I'm actually really eager to try this one out.

Rogash

A Half-Orc Fighter(/Paladin?)/Hellknight (A Pathfinder Prestige Class, likely only incorporated here via fluff).

Basically the idea behind the character is he's a survivor of an Orcish slave camp where he grew up from birth, and was liberated from his enslavement (either by a slave revolt or a raid by the Queen's militia) and then made his way to civilization, where he spent some time as a soldier or mercenary. He learned to use the chains that kept him prisoner as a weapon, and now specializes in the use of Spiked Chains. Perhaps he eventually gained the Queen's attention somehow and became a Bodyguard for her or something like that.

In any case, I'd sort of describe this guy as a Medieval Judge Dredd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd). He does his duty however he sees fit and strives to do it to the best of his abilities. Mechanically, he'd focus on Intimidation and the use of his Spiked Chain.

A solid NO for the first 2. The last one has one problem: if you ever bothered to read the rules posted above you would have read the races open for this game. Do so and you will see that there is no half orc (or orc) on the list. The concept is fine with me other wise.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-19, 11:05 AM
if you ever bothered to read the rules posted above you would have read the races open for this game. Do so and you will see that there is no half orc (or orc) on the list. The concept is fine with me other wise.
I did read them, but it also said there were some minorities. Sorry.

Simba
2012-01-19, 12:10 PM
I did read them, but it also said there were some minorities. Sorry.

Sorry for the harsh posting, my mistake. I apologize. There are some minorities, but no orcs.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-19, 01:17 PM
Since the concept seems to be okay, I'll just reassign the race.

Reading through the History and Culture, I notice that the Dragonborn sound interesting, but not a whole lot of information is given about them, so I'd like to ask some questions.

How are they perceived by the other races and cultures?

What do they look like (standard Dragon-headed humanoids, or maybe something less outlandish?)

Is there anything specific that I should know if I play one?

GuyFawkes
2012-01-19, 01:37 PM
Wow. I need to re-read this in order to make sense of it, but the idea itself might fit well if you go for arabian human background.

It's basically uses sort of like the bard's chassis, but instead of spells, he has perfumes, which are extraordinary effects. Sort of sneak attack feature mixed to make it more reliable in melee combat, as the perfumes are not as versatile as spells. The rest of the abilities are mostly to improve his perfumes' effectiveness.

If there are some parts that are unclear, please let me know. It would be a big help.

lostsole31
2012-01-19, 07:49 PM
See, at nightime I have all the time I need to write what I need. I am on the school library computer now, and I am between dinner and rehearsal. After that, the library is closed .... yeah, ugh.

So, I imagine that my character - being a marshal (officer) - will be the easiest to integrate into the campaign. House cleric doesn't quite make sense being so war-focused, so Captain of the Watch (which has to do more with administering a capable and effective watch rather than being a single-point combat superhero or something) sounds pretty much like a done deal.

Given time, that's really all I can give you now, Simba, but it's a start. Hey, you know more about your campaign, so knowing position makes it easy for you to define the 'salient' (game-affecting) background.

P.S.: Still waiting on word for Ysgard Domain ...

MikelaC1
2012-01-20, 11:36 AM
Just as an update, I am planning on building a Battle Dancer/Fighter, mechanically she works out to be the same as Eshalyn, but with a totally reconstructed personality, no more snake, and no more neutral with evil leanings. No more attitude to authority figures either.

Debbie here, Im planning on building a bard/rogue, yes, I know, overlap on skills, but I like the rogue skill package with the bardic slight casting abilities.

lostsole31
2012-01-20, 01:56 PM
Overlap on skills doesn't mean much when you consider that the bard pretty much overlaps with everybody, and the rogue has a pretty big list, too.

Thanks to better written class progresion for both classes, combining them isn't even a weakness (it was moreso with straight 3.5), but pretty outstanding. This makes the bard the 'sneaky bard' that is oft-written about (and terribly unfair), but backs it up with abilities to show how capable she is being a sneaky bard. The old Dark Sun campaign world was all about bards-as-assassins - though I hope you don't go that far! :smalleek:

Simba
2012-01-20, 10:06 PM
P.S.: Still waiting on word for Ysgard Domain ...

Accepted :)

Simba
2012-01-20, 10:10 PM
Since the concept seems to be okay, I'll just reassign the race.

Reading through the History and Culture, I notice that the Dragonborn sound interesting, but not a whole lot of information is given about them, so I'd like to ask some questions.

How are they perceived by the other races and cultures?

What do they look like (standard Dragon-headed humanoids, or maybe something less outlandish?)

Is there anything specific that I should know if I play one?

Dragonborn are basically human in outlook, but have repitian eyes and some scales in more or less obvious places.

Dragonborn culture is all about Honor and duty - or the conflict between those values. They are a young race and pretty naive sometimes.

They are of course not especially popular, especially in the south where they were aggressive invaders not so long ago. In the north they are accepted, but still seen as the new kids on the block.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-20, 11:36 PM
Alright then, would it be okay for me to take the character concept above and make him a Dragonborn? Is the Queen we're serving Northern or Southern, and would she accept a Dragonborn as a personal bodyguard or some such role?

I'm thinking the general backstory I had before should be easily adaptable from the original concept.

Other than that, I think I've got my character pinned down.

lostsole31
2012-01-21, 01:14 AM
Hurray!! :smile:

Simba
2012-01-21, 03:55 AM
Alright then, would it be okay for me to take the character concept above and make him a Dragonborn? Is the Queen we're serving Northern or Southern, and would she accept a Dragonborn as a personal bodyguard or some such role?

I'm thinking the general backstory I had before should be easily adaptable from the original concept.

Other than that, I think I've got my character pinned down.

Dragonborns make perfect bodyguards as it combines both Duty and Honor into one role, one position.

The queen is the queen of the northern country but was born in the south. An arabian woman in viking lands :)

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-21, 05:32 AM
Excellent! Then the backstory should work just fine. I shall type up a more complete and revised version here, and you let me know if there's anything I should change or whatnot.

Rogash was enslaved at a young age by a well-organized group of marauders and bandits who were gathering under the banner of an ambitious and rebellious warlord -- a former military officer from the south whose blatant corruption got him removed from service. He was almost always bound in chains to prevent his escape, and was frequently beaten and abused, forced to perform menial tasks and manual labor for his captors.

For several years he remained in captivity, along with a small number of other slaves, until the warlord's band finally gathered enough followers to attract the attention of the local militias. Finally, soldiers raided the marauders' encampment, determined to snuff out the threat of this upstart warlord before he became a problem. In the commotion, Rogash turned on his masters and managed to escape in the confusion.

The soldiers' raid was a great success; the rebellious bandit leader was captured, and his followers scattered if not killed. A scout from the militia discovered Rogash collapsed in the wilderness the next day. The former slave was taken back with the militia to their town, where his chains were removed, and he became a free man.

After a few months of recuperation from his years-long ordeal, Rogash set out on his own as a mercenary and bounty hunter. He felt compelled to seek out those who would do to others what had been done to him, and to punish them for their cruelty. Over the following years, he developed a fair reputation among the Northern towns, known as a man of uncompromising ruthlessness to those he hunted, and of honor and humility to most everyone else. As his reputation grew and rumors spread, he came to be a recognized ally of the law, and finally word reached the heights of the country's hierarchy.

Rogash was contacted by a royal courier, who stated that he was requested at the court of the Queen. Daring not to ignore such a summons, he made his way to the capitol and was brought before the monarch. She spoke to him of the rumors, how she had heard of his skill in battle and his dedication to his trade. Expressing the desire for such dedication at her side, she offered to place him under official royal employ -- an offer which was immediately accepted.

From that day forward, Rogash was a man of some authority. He could work directly with the kingdom's military, and was permitted free reign to hunt down those condemned by the crown. As he carried out his duties, he discovered that the work became all the more satisfying when it was not simply coin or personal desire that drove him.

For a few more years, he battled in the name of the Queen -- though he almost never saw her personally -- until at last he was summoned again. Times were becoming rough, and order was now less of a question of hunting bandits and criminals. For what was to come, the Queen required assurance of her own safety, and therefore she declared that Rogash was to become her personal bodyguard. The proclamation was somewhat of a relief to him; constant travel was beginning to wear on him, and now he could perform his duties in one place. But true adventure still lay ahead...

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-21, 08:02 PM
I'm trying to decide what my second gestalt class should be, and I'm stuck between Warmage and Knight-Paladin. Either one could probably be worked into the backstory, I'm just not certain which to take...

GuyFawkes
2012-01-23, 01:09 AM
So is the perfumer class okay? If so, then my character would be an arabian human swordmage//perfumer.

Simba
2012-01-23, 05:23 AM
So is the perfumer class okay? If so, then my character would be an arabian human swordmage//perfumer.

I will put the perfumer up for a vote. If the others are ok with the idea go ahead. If anyone has real, strong objections please speak up, here or in a PM to me.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-23, 05:45 AM
Personally I think the Perfumer is a very interesting and unique class, that's for certain. But I also think it seems to be a little bit too powerful.

It gets a downgraded Sneak Attack in its Bee Sting ability, as well as the ability to spend a standard action as long as he has Parfums available to light someone on fire or create a firebomb for (at our level) 1d6x2 damage. On top of this, even if an enemy succeeds its save against a Parfum it still has a chance of getting negatively affected with the Allergic Reactions.

Pile onto that an early-acquired Scent ability that also functions as BLINDSENSE, immunity to non-magical Disease, Poisons, and your own harmful Parfums (even though there aren't a whole lot, the ones that are there are pretty strong), and you get a pretty hefty set of abilities within the first four levels.

And after typing all of the above I begin to realize; most of the class list Simba has provided us are around this same level of power, what with the Fighter homebrew getting free Weapon Focus and Specialization, among other things. Perhaps I'm just not used to the power level, or my balance gauge is off.

In spite of the above, I'm gonna throw in my vote as a Yes to the Perfumer. Maybe it's balanced, maybe it's not; I have no idea anymore. What I do know is it's a very unique class and deserves recognition for that, and it certainly fits the Arabian feel.

Debbie_D
2012-01-23, 08:23 AM
Theres a lot going on in our lives right now, and we are having a hard time to get a chance to sit down and hammer out PCs. It will get done, but it still could be a few days. Seeing as LS is out of commission, we are hoping we arent up against a time crunch.
And we have no objection to the Perfumer.

Simba
2012-01-23, 08:28 AM
Take all the time you need, there is no hurry.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-23, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the votes guys. Actually this would be the first game I'd be playtesting it, so if ever some of the abilities are too much, we could just nerf it, and it would also give me an idea how to edit it for balance.

lostsole31
2012-01-23, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't normally allow it [the Perfumer] in my games, any more than I'd allow the Marshal fix I'm running, or some of the other homebrews. ('Normally', Simba ... Redemption is an exception.) However, seeing as I'm enjoying a similar homebrew for pure, fun abuse, I have zero problem with it.

Now, if at level 6 you start taking out Redcloak and at level 9 you are challenging Xykon, then .... well, yeah .... there's a problem. :redcloak:

MikelaC1
2012-01-23, 05:33 PM
Now, if at level 6 you start taking out Redcloak and at level 9 you are challenging Xykon, then .... well, yeah .... there's a problem. :redcloak:

I personally wouldnt mind Xykon being taken out. The character is made far more powerful than a lich should be. Redcloak gets a bunch of fighters to pound on him, while he "blasts" the area with mass heal. Fighters are cured of whatever Xykon does, while he gets damaged by the spells. Game over.
Xykon is actually a very irritating character. Whenever he goes against something stronger than him, he always wins, no matter what the odds. Plot driven power, without corresponding back up is boring.

lostsole31
2012-01-23, 08:12 PM
That, and he's a knucklehead. :redcloak: is wayyy cooler ..." Implosion ... implosion ..."

Are you current with the most recent one? Frackin awesome.

That said, only someone looking at the entry-level lich out of MM would comment thus. He's an idiot, so I think :xykon: is a sorcerer. However, I don't think he is anything close to being just a boiler-plate lich with lowest possible CL to be one. I'm thinking, given the power schlocked around, that he's probably damn near Epic. True, he doesn't use a ton of whoppers, but I credit him for at least being cunning.

Still, :redcloak: is hob-shizzle!

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-24, 02:21 AM
I think it was mentioned in one strip somewhere what Xykon actually is a sorcerer.

But in any case, back to the topic at hand :smallamused:

I'm thinking for my character I'm going to be Fighter//Knight-Paladin. If that sounds alright, I'll get building.

And just to be absolutely certain: with fractional BAB and Saves, you take the higher value at each level and then add the fraction from the lower value...so if you've got two classes with Full BAB do you basically have double BAB?

EDIT: Also, what sort of budget, if any, are we working from for starting gear?

GuyFawkes
2012-01-24, 02:44 AM
You only get the better value of the two classes for each level, then add them all up. So, if you have for example two full BAB gestalted together, you still get normal full BAB, not twice the value, since you choose which is higher each level, in this case they are equal, so it doesn't matter. Fractional BAB/Saves really doesn't mean anything unless you multiclass in one of your gestalt side, or both.

MikelaC1
2012-01-24, 11:37 AM
Questions time.
HP are fixed at a certain number, but I assume its full HP at first level, and then the fixed amount.
Special bonus can be applied to either. What is this special bonus, how much is it, and what can we apply it to.
A question specifically for Mikela. At later levels as a fighter, she gets a feat called Ogre of Battle, Giant of Battle, etc. that make her count as being sizes larger when determining certain battle results. She will be using unarmed strike (battle dancer), will her unarmed strikes be counted as being larger in size.

Simba
2012-01-24, 12:11 PM
Questions time.
HP are fixed at a certain number, but I assume its full HP at first level, and then the fixed amount.

Yes.

Special bonus can be applied to either. What is this special bonus, how much is it, and what can we apply it to.

I don't remember exactly where I found it but there is at least one way to get a 'special' bonus to your AC. Just ignore it if your class doesn't have it :)

A question specifically for Mikela. At later levels as a fighter, she gets a feat called Ogre of Battle, Giant of Battle, etc. that make her count as being sizes larger when determining certain battle results. She will be using unarmed strike (battle dancer), will her unarmed strikes be counted as being larger in size.

Sure. I don't see why not.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-24, 01:22 PM
In addition to my question about Equipment Budget, I'd also like to ask if you might allow Rogash to make Grapple checks with his Spiked Chain and perhaps drag/pull enemies towards himself?

I like the trope of a whip-like weapon being able to entangle enemies, and I kind of envision him lashing out at someone with the chain such that it wraps around them or a part of their body and yanking them closer, or even just pulling on the chain so that it tightens around them like a constrictor.

I also figure that since he'll be somewhat focused around Tripping and Disarming, I might as well ask about this as well.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-24, 01:32 PM
M turn on the question table.

1. What culture is this queen we are serving under from? And which one is the arabian culture? The Har, Dor, or Hold?
2. DR = Class DR + Armor + Natural Armor as stated in your houserules. What are the class DR?
3. Also, just to be clear, this is 3.5 point buy and not PF point buy, right? I'm confused since we use lots of PF.

Debbie_D
2012-01-24, 07:38 PM
I have a question about the setting. You have said that magic items are limited, and I am wondering if there is any point in investing skill points in Use Magic Device, or will that be a waste of time.
As well, WBL usually involves magic items, so we have a lot of cash left over, do we really have that much money? I mean, WBL for 4th level is 5400, I spent about 300 or so.
And one last question. there is a feat from Eberron, Song of the Heart...it grants an extra +1 to your Inspire Courage boost, is that available.

Simba
2012-01-24, 10:38 PM
1. What culture is this queen we are serving under from? And which one is the arabian culture? The Har, Dor, or Hold?

The Har are sort of viking/scottish, the Dor are arabian/moorish and the Hold are druidic in their cultures.

2. DR = Class DR + Armor + Natural Armor as stated in your houserules. What are the class DR?

For example the Barbarian class grants DR.

3. Also, just to be clear, this is 3.5 point buy and not PF point buy, right? I'm confused since we use lots of PF.

3.5 point buy it is.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-25, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the answers. A few more questions.

1. Are special materials such as adamantine and mithral available?
2. We do get one magic item right? What are available for this?

Here's my sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=364386) so far.

Simba
2012-01-25, 11:45 AM
1. Are special materials such as adamantine and mithral available?

Yes, they are, but they are also extremely rare.

2. We do get one magic item right? What are available for this?

I ask each of you to let me know what kind of item you would like and I will provide it. You don't have any magic items on you at the start.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-25, 12:16 PM
Ah, I see. Well a handy haversack would be very much...well, handy.

Debbie_D
2012-01-25, 12:43 PM
Still waiting for these....

I have a question about the setting. You have said that magic items are limited, and I am wondering if there is any point in investing skill points in Use Magic Device, or will that be a waste of time.
As well, WBL usually involves magic items, so we have a lot of cash left over, do we really have that much money? I mean, WBL for 4th level is 5400, I spent about 300 or so.
And one last question. there is a feat from Eberron, Song of the Heart...it grants an extra +1 to your Inspire Courage boost, is that available.

Simba
2012-01-25, 11:07 PM
The forum ate my post...

It would be a waste of time for now but will come in handy (much, much) later.

Buy what is realistic for your character, nothing more. You will not have that money, you will get an item from me instead.

Sure. (almost) everything for Bards :)

Simba
2012-01-25, 11:09 PM
First it eats it, not it gives double posts :)

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-26, 12:11 AM
How do you feel about the feat Sense Weakness? Draconomicon, page 106.

SENSE WEAKNESS [GENERAL]
You can take advantage of subtle weaknesses in your opponents’ defenses.

Prerequisites: Int 13, Combat Expertise, Weapon Focus.

Benefit:Whenever you attack with a weapon with which you have selected the Weapon Focus feat, you may ignore up to 5 points of the target’s damage reduction (regardless of the material or enhancement bonus of your weapon) or
hardness. This benefit can’t reduce the effective damage reduction or hardness of a target to less than 0.

lostsole31
2012-01-26, 12:40 AM
I know his long-running elven bladesinger in my campaign likes it ... but different campaign, world, and style.

Simba
2012-01-26, 12:52 AM
How do you feel about the feat Sense Weakness? Draconomicon, page 106.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-26, 01:48 AM
Okay, I think my sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=364386) is done save the background.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-26, 02:19 AM
And here is Rogash Rasksvard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=362674). Just need to pick one more feat, throw in some basic equipment, and list his Knight-Paladin class features.

Simba
2012-01-26, 06:32 AM
{TABLE]player|character|race|classes
lostsole31|Sigurd Njord|Human (Har)|Marshal 4//Miracle Worker 4
MikelaC1|Xenobia (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=56384)|Human (Dor)|BattleDancer 4//Fighter 4
Debbie_D|Zohra (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=56385)|Human (Dor)|Bard 4//Rogue 4
GuyFawkes|Krimm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=364386)|Human (Dor)|Swordmage 4//Perfumer 4
Archdeacon GX|Rogash Rasksvard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=362674)|Dragonborn|Fighter 4//Knight-Paladin 4
[/TABLE]

MikelaC1
2012-01-26, 08:17 AM
So you can update your table, we present....
Zohra (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=56385)

Xenobia (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=56384)

lostsole31
2012-01-26, 10:24 AM
Simba, it's okay ... you can put up race & classes. I'm just not into sheet-sharing.

Archdeacon GX
2012-01-26, 12:55 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but if both of our classes provide Heavy Armor proficiency (as Fighter and Knight-Paladin do) do we get two replacement bonus feats?

Debbie_D
2012-01-26, 02:06 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but if both of our classes provide Heavy Armor proficiency (as Fighter and Knight-Paladin do) do we get two replacement bonus feats?

By normal gestalt rules, you only get a benefit once, even if both sides provide it. At least, thats my understanding of the rules.

GuyFawkes
2012-01-26, 02:19 PM
Alright, I guess we can start soon.

Simba
2012-01-26, 11:14 PM
Alright, I guess we can start soon.

That's good, here is the OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230380). And you only get the proficiencies once.