PDA

View Full Version : Carrion Demon - PF monster (PEACH)

Maquise
2012-01-10, 12:15 PM
I'm still new to homebrewing, so please fix my crunch! I'll post more on the fluff later; as I know what I'm going for but have to write it out.

Teratozau
Illustration in Progress

Spawned from the most depraved layers of the Abyss, Teratozaus, or Carrion Demons, take the appearance of massive mounds of viscera, ever-changing in appearance. Kept as pets by some Demon Lords, the Carrion Demons stalk their domains, looking for something to devour. When they find it, they consume it, absorbing its form into their own. Teratozaus are ever watchful for a chance to leave the Abyss, as they much prefer fresh victims.

Teratozau

A mass of bloody internal and external organs lurches towards you, constantly shifting in appearance.

CE Large Demon (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar, Demon)
Hit Dice 10d10+10 (65 hp)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares); CLIMB 30 ft.
Initiative: +7
Senses: Perception+14, All around Vision
Armor Class AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18 (+3 Dex, +8 natural); CMD 28
Base Attack/CMB +9/+14 (+18 Grapple);
Attack Shifting Form +14, see below
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks
Shifting Form- At the start of every turn, roll from table to determine the Teratozau’s natural attack for that round.
Consume- (2d6+6 plus 2d6 untyped) Works like Swallow Whole, with the following exceptions. The target can be up to the same size category, rather than one category smaller.
Horrific Recall- As a full round action, the Teratozau can cause the forms of mortals it has consumed to its surface, shrieking horrifically. Anyone capable of seeing or hearing it must make a DC 21 Will Save, or be frightened. If the Teratozau has consumed someone they know, this save increases by +4. In addition, this allows the power to bypass any immunity to fear effects the target may have. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. The save is Charisma-based.
Defensive Abilities
Amorphous, Outsider traits,
Sickening Appearance – Any creature who looks at the Teratozau must make a DC 19 Fortitude save or be sickened. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Saves Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10
Attributes Str 21, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 7, Wis 14, Cha 13
Skills Climb +21, Stealth +18, Perception +14,
Feats Ability Focus (Horrific Recall), Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will, Vital Strike, Improved Initiative
Environment Abyss
Organization Solitary, 1-3
Challenge Rating 8
Treasure Standard
Alignment Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement by Hit Dice
Level Adjustment --
Combat: WIP

Table: Shifting Form
{table=head]Roll | Attack | Damage | Special
1-25 | Bite | 1d8+5 plus Grab | Gains Fast Swallow for round |
26-50 | 2 Claws | 2d6+5 plus Grab | none |
51-75 | Tentacle | 1d8+5 plus Grab | Gains Lunge feat during round |
76-100 | Barbed Stinger | 1d8+5 plus Grab | Poison, as per spell |
[/table]

Maquise
2012-01-10, 01:06 PM
Reserved for Greater Teratozau.

Maquise
2012-01-10, 11:39 PM
Anything? Even if it's just to tell me you like it. I want to learn, but I need feedback.

silphael
2012-02-05, 07:49 PM
Maybe adding demon to his subtype, and in horrific recall, after "the save DC is charisma based", I will add "and includes the bonus from ability focus". About horrific recall, again, I'm not found of bypassing fear immunity. I mean, that's the class feature of one of the weakest class, please let them have it ^^

Maquise
2012-02-05, 07:58 PM
I don't recall any other monster with Ability Focus calling attention to it. Also, paladins have gotten beefed up in PF.

Kyuu Himura
2012-02-06, 12:55 PM
A question for clarity's sake

If the Teratozau has consumed someone they know, this save increases by +4. In addition, this bypasses any immunity to fear effects.

You mean it bypasses fear immunity all the time, or just if they have devoured someone known by Fearless Joe?? In the first case, I'm not too sure about that. In the second case, it sounds pretty cool actually.

Maquise
2012-02-06, 01:23 PM
The latter case; I've reworded it to hopefully make it more understandable.