PDA

View Full Version : Feats advice

kabreras
2012-01-10, 03:10 PM
Hello playgrounders,

I need some advices of taking feats for my beg1 wiz4 UM5 (illumian/practiced spellcaster)

But the thing is that our DM will make us play with the recharge magic varriant from UA witch make quie a lot of feats totally useless.

What good feats should i take ?

kabreras
2012-01-10, 04:35 PM
What i see myself to choose so far are :

- Improved initiative
- Heighten spell
- Silent spell
- Practiced spellcaster (of course)
- Sculpt spell

thats 1 left to choose .. and i damn dont know what to take !

Randomguy
2012-01-10, 04:56 PM
Versatile spellcaster seems more useful with recharge magic, since you can use it to cast higher level beguiler spells at the cost of 2 slots that come back soon anyway.

Retributive spell is a nice defensive touch: If someone hits you, they get hit back! It's great since you can refresh between fights now without waisting resources.

Collegiate wizard saves you money on scrolls and is very useful if you're in a campaign without magic shops. Even more useful with recharge magic, since it's useless to have more spell slots then spells known.

Alacritous Cogitation is also much more useful now, since you can leave one slot open and cast any of the spells in your spellbook from it, and it now recharges.

Transdimensional spell is good if you expect to face incorporeal enemies.

kabreras
2012-01-10, 05:03 PM
I dont want to know the details but i ll be doing the city of the spider queen campaign for infos

Ancient Mage
2012-01-10, 05:12 PM
If you are playing City of the Spider Queen, you should prepare for undead and (obviously) dark elves. I would suggest taking an undead affecting or necromancy feat.

-Ancient Mage

Slipperychicken
2012-01-10, 05:46 PM
Recharge Magic also seems to be good for Uncanny Forethought, which is basically Alacritous Cogitation for Int slots, cast at -2CL and with a full-round action. This will let you have extreme versatility, since any spell you want is just one full-round action away. Outside of combat, you'll be spontaneously casting from your whole list, practically at will. It also lets you shorten casting times (on things like Phantom Steed or Apocalypse from the Sky) to Full-round actions.

EDIT: Alacritous Cogitation can only be used once per day, while Uncanny Forethought doesn't have such a restriction, tipping the balance heavily in favor of UF.

hex0
2012-01-10, 07:00 PM
Recharge magic makes all the Reserve feats much better! Take out the risk!

Overlooked, but Delay Potion is pretty useful as well in a pinch.

Since you already have a high caster level, why not make it higher with Master Spellthief (preferably from dipping trickster spellthief)

kabreras
2012-01-10, 07:03 PM
I dont see how recharge magic make reserve feats better.. it more make them totally uselles to me.