PDA

View Full Version : Help for a summoner.

Kalegkos
2012-01-10, 03:23 PM
I am a 7 Druid/5 Summoner (( From Relics and Rituals 1)). Need ideas in gameplay. Basically in battle. Playing in an epic campaign and all the others are 17+lvl. So i am assisting in battles.

Urpriest
2012-01-10, 03:24 PM
Most people here aren't too aware of third-party books. Could you give us an overview of what Summoner does?

Kalegkos
2012-01-10, 03:36 PM
+1 Metamagic feat per 2 Summoner lvl

Per 2 Summoner lvl a Summon is casted as +spell lvl, for example a Summon Nature's Ally VI is casted as it was VII.

Base attack and saves are kind like Wizards.

10th lvl Prestige it is.

Urpriest
2012-01-10, 03:46 PM
I assume by +1 Metamagic Feat you mean bonus feats?

Is this an already existing character, or can you change things about it? If the former, could you tell us your feats?

There are guides around for Druid summoners, but just looking at the list, and thinking that your summons function at best as Summon Nature's Ally VIII:

Djinnis will be nice for their spell-like abilities. Dire Tigers will be good for damage, try summoning them flanking an enemy with one of them 20ft or so back to charge+pounce. As for your best grappler at this level, the Roc looks entertaining.

Kalegkos
2012-01-10, 03:55 PM
My three feats are : Echoeing, Maximize, Quicken. For now i can cast only Summon VI, as VII from PrC. Do you have any guide? :P

Urpriest
2012-01-10, 04:08 PM
My three feats are : Echoeing, Maximize, Quicken. For now i can cast only Summon VI, as VII from PrC. Do you have any guide? :P

This guide (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1354.0) is decent.

I can't think of anything useful for you to do with Echoing. Quicken might be handy for some short-duration buffs. Maximize...maybe Call Lightning?

Kalegkos
2012-01-10, 04:48 PM
I can use my metamagic feats only for the bonus summoner spells i have. The echoeing is pretty cool. From Summoner i have an extra Summon Natures Ally VI which is casted as Summon Natures Ally VII. But with echoeing i "save" my Summon VII so i can cast it twice. So it's pretty useful :D

Urpriest
2012-01-10, 06:00 PM
I can use my metamagic feats only for the bonus summoner spells i have. The echoeing is pretty cool. From Summoner i have an extra Summon Natures Ally VI which is casted as Summon Natures Ally VII. But with echoeing i "save" my Summon VII so i can cast it twice. So it's pretty useful :D

It's a +3 Metamagic. You aren't saving a Summon VII, you're saving a Summon IV.

Unless you can apply the metamagic for free. But I asked you if you could do that earlier in the thread, and you didn't respond, so I'm assuming you use the metamagic like anyone else.

Kalegkos
2012-01-10, 09:18 PM
All of my metamagic feats are used only for the EXTRA summoning spell the PrC is giving me. The Summon Natures Ally VI comes out as VII because of the PrC. It gives me the bonus, every 2 lvls. The feats are usable only for the bonus summons only.

I forgot to add that it also gives a +1 level to existing class.

Urpriest
2012-01-11, 01:19 AM
All of my metamagic feats are used only for the EXTRA summoning spell the PrC is giving me. The Summon Natures Ally VI comes out as VII because of the PrC. It gives me the bonus, every 2 lvls. The feats are usable only for the bonus summons only.

I forgot to add that it also gives a +1 level to existing class.

You still haven't explained the situation with the metamagic feats. Does the prestige class let you apply them for free? Is there any limit? Number of times per day? Level of increase?

Also, what are your regular feats?

Edit: Also, what do you mean by EXTRA summoning spell? Could you just post the text of the abilities, rather than summarizing them? Or at least give the full details?