PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me out with getting unstuck in Neverwinter Nights 2?

LWtony
2012-01-10, 07:27 PM
I'm at the point where I'm looking for the waterdeep emissary, and defeated the imposter yesterday. Went back to Old Well to talk to Callum and he refused to speak to me until I found the emissary. So at a complete loss for how to find the guy, I decide to check the internet. Apparently after defeating the imposter I was supposed to meet a guy named Casavir, who would lead me to "Eyegouger's Lair"... I never met Casavir, and have no clue where to find the lair. So I'm stuck, and probably unwittingly caused the problem myself(I didn't ask the orc about the emissary, I just killed him, I think that's why I'm in the current position). I looked all over the internet and I'm guessing from the fact I haven't found anything, that it's just me that's run into this problem, but that can't be right.
There are no back up saves... So can anyone tell me how to get unstuck?

(I tried finding another forum to post this in, but the link I found to the official nwn2 forum redirected me to bioware. I was hoping someone here would be able to help out instead.)

Starwulf
2012-01-10, 08:05 PM
I'm at the point where I'm looking for the waterdeep emissary, and defeated the imposter yesterday. Went back to Old Well to talk to Callum and he refused to speak to me until I found the emissary. So at a complete loss for how to find the guy, I decide to check the internet. Apparently after defeating the imposter I was supposed to meet a guy named Casavir, who would lead me to "Eyegouger's Lair"... I never met Casavir, and have no clue where to find the lair. So I'm stuck, and probably unwittingly caused the problem myself(I didn't ask the orc about the emissary, I just killed him, I think that's why I'm in the current position). I looked all over the internet and I'm guessing from the fact I haven't found anything, that it's just me that's run into this problem, but that can't be right.
There are no back up saves... So can anyone tell me how to get unstuck?

(I tried finding another forum to post this in, but the link I found to the official nwn2 forum redirected me to bioware. I was hoping someone here would be able to help out instead.)

I can't help you out, but I can tell you that the official Neverwinter Nights 2 forums is in fact hosted by Bioware, despite it being an Obsidian game. So if you go to biowares site and make an acct and post there, you'll probably get a response fairly quickly(assuming no-one on this forum can help you out).

Arbitrarity
2012-01-10, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvN9JsIxCU
Start at 5 minutes. Apparently in going to Old Owl, you're supposed to have a "random" encounter with some orcs, resulting in Casavir appearing. Try leaving Old Owl for Neverwinter, then returning to Old Owl.

LWtony
2012-01-10, 08:37 PM
I think I already had the encounter... :( I still can't find anything that will help me get out of this mess... I'm completely stuck.

Arbitrarity
2012-01-10, 10:55 PM
That means it's time for either save editors, or console. I'm not sure how NWN console works.

Oh, globals.xml. Man, NWN2 is weird. Infinity Engine games are MUCH easier to change.
Hm. Looks like there's a real dearth of information about that. Damn.

Right, so here's what we're going to try (I have a backup save shortly after this point which should have similar globals).

First, make a backup of your save. Should be in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\saves. Copy the folder and name it EDITED SAVE or something, doesn't matter.

Now, go in there and open up globals.xml in a text editor; I recommend notepad++, as it handles these best.

Search for gb_casavir_intro
If gb_casavir_intro is set (say, to 2) then you've had that conversation, and WEIRD STUFF is happening. In that case, add

<Integer>
<Name>__conv13_casavir0</Name>
<Value>1</Value>
</Integer>
<Integer>
<Name>WM_bShow1314Eyegouger</Name>
<Value>1</Value>
</Integer>
<Integer>
<Name>00_bCasavir_Joined</Name>
<Value>1</Value>
</Integer>
<Integer>
<Name>Casavir_Available</Name>
<Value>1</Value>
</Integer>

and pray.
Otherwise, the game probably thinks you haven't met Casavir, which begs the question of "why the hell hasn't he shown up?" You could try setting those variables anyways, along with

<Integer>
<Name>gb_casavir_intro</Name>
<Value>2</Value>
</Integer>

Note this is pretty much all guesswork based on the globals I'm reading. There's a bunch of other stuff in my globals.xml, but I'm pretty sure that setting WM_bShow1314Eyegouger to 1 should get you unstuck.

An alternative is to try setting gb_casavir_intro to 0, then travel to Old Owl Well. I'd try that first, since it'll probably give you an organic result. If that doesn't work though, go ahead with the full crazy variable changes.

If neither of these works, and you have an unmodded game, I'll 0.o and try to guess if you need to set more variables or unset something.

LWtony
2012-01-10, 11:30 PM
Got it workin :) Thank you

Arbitrarity
2012-01-10, 11:40 PM
Excellent. Do you have Casavir available as well?

LWtony
2012-01-11, 12:14 AM
Yup, I just saved at eyegouger's approach. :)