PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: A New Beginning

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Arcran
2012-01-11, 05:05 PM
It has been two years since that fateful day. Two of the longest, hardest years in human history. Food is scarce; meat is nigh on unobtainable as even the mutated deer can put up a fight. Farming is nearly impossible because the group has to keep moving, and gathering is even more risky because you don’t know what is a mushroom and what is a Pokemon waiting to drop you with a cloud of debilitating gas. The mood is grim; the warriors are running low on ammo for their guns, and after that is done the group will be nearly helpless against the growing threat. Even now, with soldiers always on guard, the beasts still get through. Only a week ago a child was found dead, bitten to death by the monstrous purple rats. The Pokeballs have been of some help, but with the time it takes to turn the creatures and the high risk, even then it is a dangerous proposition. The Pokeball makers are running low on supplies as well; if they don’t find supplies soon the camp will be without Pokeballs until they do. Everybody knows that being without both weapons and Pokeballs would spell certain death for the group. The mood is grim, and the constant rain and gloom is not helping to improve it. Rumors of raiders, humans that have turned to robbing their other kin in order to survive, certainly don’t help the attitude either.
Two leaders have arisen in the group; Ulric, a huge brute of a man, Russian in descent, one of the few men in the camp that can take a Pokemon head on in a battle. He has forsaken guns, stating “we won’t have them forever.” Instead, he uses a massive bow, and clad in the hides of his fallen foes he demands the respect of all in the camp. He has lead hunters out of many a tough situation, and most in the camp are in the camp. Although not the brightest of the men in the camp, everyone would defend the man with their leifeThe other, Steven, an older man, is soft spoken and far more intellectual than his counterpart. He has displayed small amounts of the ability to possess others. Naturally, this puts off most of the camp, but his speeches are what truly frighten most. He has given long, eloquent speeches about why they need to worship the most powerful of Pokemon as gods, specifically Mew, one of the few rumored to not have specifically targeted humans. He has a small, cult-like following, but most of them are either very old or very young. With the rumors of a powerful Pokemon in the area, the cult continues to grow.
It is another cold, wet, Northwest winter day. At just above freezing, it is just warm enough for it to not snow, but the rain chills most to the bone. Ragtag shelters are set up where the camp has decided to stay for the next few days. Most huddle below any cover they can, just to stay warm. Some attempt to start fires, but the wood is far to wet. Occasionally the cry of some sort of massive bird sounds, keeping everybody on edge. Some want to move the camp from the hill, but others refuse since the ground below is nearly a marsh. If the camp was attacked down there, the Pokemon would be at a massive advantage. The woods lie less then a mile away, and guards are constantly on duty.
Ulric has called the group of you together for a job of some sort. He didn’t explain much, although he did say that it was vital to the survival of the camp. Usually he gives more information, but for whatever reason he didn’t give anything more than this for whatever reason.

Milo v3
2012-01-11, 06:03 PM
Joshua wandered through the camp at a slow pace. He gazed up at the sky at the rain. He liked the rain. It was soothing and passive rather than the agressive but distant sun.
He soon found the tent of Ulric. He knew what it looked like but couldn't remember exactly where it was.
'Lucky its a small camp' Josh thought to himself.
He stepped into Ulric's dwelling hoping he wasn't too late or too early.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-11, 09:19 PM
It's a very peaceful day. Dante thought to himself. He'd been lounging on a small hill within eyesight of Ulrics tent. Ulric made him uneasy to be honest. All of this was very new. He hadn't realized how bad of shape the world was in. True Ulric was the one who found him and brought him to camp, saving him from a swarm of Beedrill, but he just seemed so... violent. But I guess these are the times now. He didn't know what Ulric wanted with him, but he certainly didn't want to be the first one in the door. Two weeks, he thought to himself, its been two whole weeks since I arrived here. I've been on medic duty mostly, I don't have much experience and most of it is with animals but personnel is scarce, and medical experience was scarcer. He didn't mind, it was a much better way of chipping in than fighting. Suddenly he spots a tall young man with curly blond hair walk into the tent. He lets out a sigh.
Guess it's about time
And he walks to the tent.

GFawkes
2012-01-11, 09:38 PM
"Rook to D2. Check."
Queen G5 captures Rook D2. Checkmate.

Emma looked at the board, looking for any possible escape, but no such luck. "And you didn't peek into my mind, right?"

Nope, though it's still 22-16 your favor. Casey replied with a smug grin.

"You mean 30-10. You cheated those other times."

Not my fault you humans don't have telepathy.

Emma's arm beeped. Checking the time, she saw that it was time to go meet Ulric. "We'll argue later. For now, we've got work," she said, putting away the board and returning Casey to his Ball. She started walking over to the meeting area, trying her best to stay dry.

This may be a different game, but I can't imagine Casey without his Smug AttitudeTM.

MintyNinja
2012-01-11, 10:31 PM
Quiet days are good days, Dominic thought to himself. But dry days are better days. He had just finished his last patrol and he was trudging through the rain and soaked grasses back to his tent when someone stopped him.

"You Dominic? Kirlov?" the stranger asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Ulric wants to see you." And with that the stranger walked away, leaving Dominic to confusedly ponder the implications of meeting the hunter. However, his ruminations dissipated quickly as the rain reminded him that Ulric would not like to be kept waiting. He patted his pockets quickly to make sure there was nothing from his borrowed tent that he'd miss and started making his way towards Ulric.

As he weaved through the veritable refugee city Dominic was once again humbled by how quickly civilization had collapsed. But humanity carried on, trying to put on a civilized show in the face of dangerous beasts. People had taken to calling the monsters 'pokemon' and although the term seemed too polite for such savage beasts, Dominic had to admit that calling them monsters was only demoralizing. They even began catching and taming the things, something that seemed bizarre to him.

His thoughts were interrupted as he entered Ulric's tent.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-12, 12:19 AM
Ryan wanders through the camp, looking around quietly. To think that this is what civilization has come to... still, we survive, and we move on. Life at its most simple, really. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out one of the odd devices - Pokeballs, he remembers - that he picked up here. He thinks for a moment, then slips the ball back into his pocket as he glances down at his side, at his sole real companion since the apocalypse. The six-tailed fox, fur a bright red, trots along behind him, its own gaze moving around the camp. No... Hisei's always been good to me. I'm not going to lock him away in one of these - there's no need, regardless of what others say. He thinks back to the conversation with the man that sold him the Pokeballs - specifically, the man's advice that he "get that thing trapped as soon as possible, before it turns on him".

Shaking off the thoughts, he continues on his way towards one of the larger tents in the camp. He apparently had drawn some attention to himself with his arrival in the camp, as that giant of a man, Ulric, had asked him the day before if he'd help with a job today, stating that details would be given the following day when he had the team together. I suppose I don't really have anything better to do. And from what I've seen here, Hisei and I are likely more capable of handling ourselves than most... It's probably for the best. Nodding to himself, he quietly says, "Well, Hisei, let's go see what they need us for, shall we?" The kitsune Pokemon yips in affirmation, and the two approach the tent, pushing open the flap. Ryan moves towards the side of the door, Hisei at his heels, and looks around at the others already there.

If nothing else, this should be interesting, he thinks to himself as he waits for Ulric to begin the meeting.

Moranica
2012-01-12, 01:07 PM
Scribly lazily chewed a straw as he lays back on the grass.

Clouds ... so soft, so free .... so peaceful. ... So not like the world today.

thought Scribly as he rolled over, face down in the grass.

Some days, living in the wild doesn't seem so bad. Noone troubles you, bothers you or causes other problems. ... Then again, this tent I got is nice thing and sufficient food everyday is a bonus for sure. .... I guess this isn't so bad once you think about it.

"Scribly, Ulric wants you, now!", an unknown man says.

Ulric? What could he want? It's been several days now.

As Scribly sits upright he sees Charred, looking at him with something close hatred in his eyes. Scribly raises his shoulders and stands up.

"Stop looking at me like that. You need me, without me you'd either be starving or stuck in one of those pokeball thingies. You sure are ungratefull, you spoiled little ball of magma. Now come, Ulric wants to see me, and you're coming with me."

They head off to Ulric's tent.

Arcran
2012-01-13, 10:06 AM
The group of you all reach Ulric’s tent about the same time. It is considerably larger than most and is made out of the fur of some Pokemon. As you enter, Charred rushes through the door before Scribly, likely as some misguided show of superiority. A loud curse sounds from inside as the small flaming Pokemon rushes inside. A sound that can only be identified as a rock sliding against rocks comes from inside. Fortunately (for Charred), Scribly enters soon afterward to see Ulric with a knife made of an indistinguishable material standing, apparently about to throw it at the Magby. “Damn, keep your little runt of a Pokemon under control!” he growls at Scribly in a heavy Russian accent, the rage evident in his voice. His eyes turn from a glare into narrow slits as he sees Hisei enter with Ryan and Casey enter, his head poking out of Emma’s backpack. His hand, almost unconsciously, drifts to a second knife at his belt, one with a jet black hilt. “Unnatural little beasts…” he mutters, but says no more for a few seconds.
Ulric loudly clears his throat. His presence seems to fill the entire tent. Even sitting down his head almost reaches the top of the tent. The Pokemon pelts and general smell of blood don’t help to make the man any less intimidating. “Alright, straight to business,” he says. “You probably all know that we’re all running low on Pokeballs, but that’s an understatement. We’re out of the damn things. Whatever people have stockpiled is all that we have. Although I disprove of the damn things,” he says, glancing towards the group of Pokemon walking free, “they have been useful in neutralizing the damn man-eating monsters. We need to make more, but the problem is we can’t. We don’t have the right supplies, and the Pokeball makers refuse to risk there own necks to get the stuff. Damn intellectuals, making stronger men risk there necks so they can experiment. But that is of no matter. Obviously I cannot risk any soldiers on this because when whatever is flying around attacks we’ll need every last man. Rumors of a dragon, a big orange one. And I mean big. Some guesses put it at 20 feet, head to tail. But I digress. The group of you will go and collect the supplies we need. Take as much as you can carry and bring it back,” he says. “Why you all? Because I don’t need every last one of you here. Some of you can fight,” he says, nodding towards Dominic, Ryan, and Scribly, “while others of you can do whatever researchy stuff you do with eggs and experiments and all that bull,” he says, looking towards Dante and Joshua. “You,” he says, looking at Emma, “you’re always following those Pokeball makers around, right? You know what they need to gather,” he says, looking at you with intense disdain. It is common knowledge that he isn’t the biggest fan of Pokeballs. Ulric pulls out a map covered in annotations. “There’s an old airplane factory here,” he says, pointing towards an area that appears to be near where Seattle used to be. “They should have everything as far as metal that* you need. As for whatever technological crap goes into them, there’s an old Microsoft building here,” he says, pronouncing Mircosoft as if it has six syllables, “that should have anything needed as far as technology is concerned. You all probably have supplies, am I correct? If you need food, I can supply some. As for water, if you can’t find any you deserve to die,” he says with a chuckle, looking up at the top of the tent where the sound of raindrops continues to echoe. “Do you have any questions?” he asks. He really should probably have asked if you wanted to, or lacking that asked if you would physically be able too, but you all know that this is how Ulric works. He expects people to listen and obey, and when they don’t, bad things happen.
The map is fairly simple. It appears to be an old map of Washington, covering everything east of the Cascades. Some areas are scribbled out in black and looking to the key you are able to find that black equals bad. What bad means is not written, but if Ulric puts it down as such it is likely best to be avoided. A red X near the base of the mountains seems to designate the current camp location. Two red circles, fairly close to each other, seem to designate the factory and Microsoft office. A quick estimate using what the map says is a mile puts it at approximately thirty miles. If the rain let up it would probably only take a day, but slogging through the mud it will probably take about two.

For Emma:
Yay! Backpack joke from last game! Also, you know that the other two key components in a standard Pokeball are silicon and aluminum. Obviously aluminum from the airplane plant, while the silicon can be found easily at Microsoft.

MintyNinja
2012-01-13, 11:05 AM
Dominic listened to the mountain of a man as he outlined their mission. Once asked, he spoke up, "I'll take some rations and a tent, in that case." He really only had a few questions for those accompanying the three pokemon in the tent, but they could wait till the journey.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-13, 11:44 AM
Dante had barely settled himself in the bar when Ulric had let out the most unnaturally guttural war cry and pounced to the opening of the tent, his knife in hand. By the time it took Dante to turn around he saw a small red humanoid pokemon and the kid that was with it. jesus, not five minuets and he's already pulling knifes out on children. That was unfair. He knows Ulrics been under considerable stress. Still, an apology would have been nice. He only snapped at the kid 'to keep the damn thing under control'. Dante had to hold back a chuckle when two more pokemon came in almost immediately after.

Ulric wasted no time getting down to business. They're running out of supplies as everyone knows and we're the lucky group that gets to go get them. He wasn't sure why he was going, almost laughed when Ulric said he knew "Eggy Stuff". The high point was when he mentioned a large flying pokemon. Unfortunetly it turned out to be a large orange dragon looking creature oh well, can't get too lucky. Search goes on.

We'd have two stops by the sound of it, Seattle Airport and the old Microsoft building. He asked if we had any questions. The oldest, by far, out of us said he'd like some provisions and a tent.

And I'd like to take a first aid-kit from the Med Area. If its with your permission they should have no problem with it.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-13, 02:07 PM
Ryan listens calmly, pulling out his canteen as he does so and opening it to gauge the amount of water within. Nodding to himself as he closes it, he says, "I wouldn't mind grabbing a tent if you have one to spare, but that's about it."

Turning to look at the rest of the group, he sighs. Only three of us are really fighters... me, by virture of necessity - and I'm guessing the kid with the duck-thing for the same reason, going by his appearance. And that big guy... he definitely looks like he can hold his own, but he doesn't have a Pokemon - it'll probably fall to me to watch his back in a fight, then. He lets his gaze move towards the other occupants of the room, lingering on the girl's arm. She probably could be a fighter with that contraption, but aside from that she doesn't look it. But she does have a Pokemon of her own - assuming it's capable of doing any real damage, that is. The other two... I can't say they look like much in a fight, either, and... is that an egg that the one's carrying? Odd. As he finishes his musings, Ryan turns his attention towards the boy with the other fire Pokemon, and says, "Just tell me you can keep that thing in line." Ryan nods at the duck-thing as he says this, before continuing, "He looks like he'd just as soon turn on us as help us."

Moranica
2012-01-13, 03:48 PM
Letting out a big sigh of annoyance, Scribly sees Charred ran in before him. Which he gets reprimanded for once he himself enters. Immediatly he smacks Charred on the head.

"What was that all about? Trying to get yourself killed before you can pay for all you've done? Is that it? Or trying to act tough again? DO NOT do that again. Got it?"

All Charred does is shoot back a look of smoldering heat, ready to burst at any moment.

"Sorry about that sir. I found myself quite the pokemon. He is very good at burning stuff though. [another angry look at Charred] So he comes in handy in these times."

Then he notices the other trainers.

Well, this is quite the group we got here. Most of them look ok though. Hope those researchers don't slow us down though. Hmmpf, my brother never even left the basement, let alone go on some mission or something.

Scribly then listens to what Ulric has to say. He quickly looks at Charred, when Ulric mentions the absense of pokeballs, and whispers. "Don't get any ideas now, they might not have pokeballs, but they'd rather shoot you, then let you go."

"Alright sir, that sounds easy enough. .... Group, I just need to get some food and I'll be ready to go. It's raining now, so we best make best of the time that is given to us. The marshes are likely riddled with bugs, and bugs tend to hide from the rain. Let's hope it stays like this the next couple of days. And .... Ryan right? , don't worry about Charred. I can take him if he becomes trouble. And he knows that, so he won't."

Scribly proposes a place to meet for departure and goes there after getting some food. Charred looks misserable all the time ... he hates rain.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-13, 04:59 PM
Dante couldn't help glance at the small red humanoid following the kid around. He didn't look very happy.

Are you sure its a good idea to leave now. I'm all for a quick start but that friend of yours doesn't look too up to it.

Moranica
2012-01-13, 05:14 PM
"Don't worry about him. He'll be there."

..... then Scribly spots the egg.

"Actually, make sure you bring the egg. Charred here, claims he's really good with them." :smallamused:

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-13, 05:19 PM
He... 'said' that did he... well, OK. I didn't plan on leaving it here anyway. No offense but I'm pretty paranoid someone would take it and use it for food.

He almost looked toward Ulric, but caught himself.

GFawkes
2012-01-13, 05:20 PM
Emma looks over the map, figuring out the distance between the locations. "Seems simple enough. We'll need some aluminum from the factory, but just about any quality will do. No problems there. The Microsoft building should have some scrapable computers in it, which will provide the silicon we need. The only concern is how we'll be able to move it all around quickly. I've seen some of these PokeMon that resemble beasts of burden, perhaps we could rig a wagon system of some sort..." she rambles, muttering bits and speaking louder at others, but always audible.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-13, 05:26 PM
Looking over at the boy with the egg, Ryan says, "My guess would be that it just dislikes the rain - can't say I blame it, really." He turns towards the fire-type's owner, and says, "I will say, though, that you may want to try being nicer to it. Given the tension between you two, I'm honestly surprised it hasn't already turned on you, but I've found kindness to be rather effective - just look at Hisei, here." Ryan glances down at the kitsune Pokemon with a smile as it watches the duck-like Pokemon intently, occasionally glancing towards the backpack holding the small yellow Pokemon.

Turning his attention back to the group as a whole, Ryan continues, "It's probably best if we do get going quickly, though - waiting for the rain to stop might make travel a bit easier, but it also means there'll be more Pokemon out and about for us to worry about." He looks out of the tent at the falling rain, and mutters, "Besides, it's not as though I haven't wandered through the rain before."

Ryan turns towards Ulric and asks, "Before we leave, is there anything else you think we need to know? Any specific threats we should watch for, aside from that dragon?"

Moranica
2012-01-13, 05:36 PM
As Ryan speaks about how Scribly and Charred ... "communicate", both of them turn and raise their eyebrows simultaneously. "Actually, I tried nice with him. Didn't quite work out. ... I'd like to leave it at that if you don't mind.", says Scribly as a glimpse of sadness crosses his face.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-13, 05:38 PM
Ryan glances back at the younger man, and shrugs, answering, "Suit yourself, I was just offering a bit of advice."

Milo v3
2012-01-13, 06:16 PM
His man wanted me to risk my life and cross the country simply to pick up some parts. Does he think that I could survive out thier in that abysmal place. He started to argue but quickly realized who he was talking to.
"You want ... I mean you'd want to know that that draconic being is probably a Charizard. They can generate huge amounts of flame at a whim. But they generally don't go out in the rain as water is unpleasent to them and they are vulnerable to lightning strikes.... Also could I have a tent and some food. Thank you."
Josh then turned and looked over the shoulder of Emma. He gazed at them map, trying to understand the layout of the land, but to no avial.
"I hope you are going to be the navigator as if we leave it to me we will surely head to our dooms." Then Josh noticed something his distracted mind didn't see before when they entered.
"Miss may I ask how you obtained that thing?"

MintyNinja
2012-01-13, 09:48 PM
Dominic continued to remain quiet as the rest of his group conversed and traded remarks. To his own surprise it was the little girl that seemed the most intent on their mission, actually studying the map and deciding what was needed. Dominic was about to leave them in the tent to further bicker, but one of the older boys, the one with a fox-like pokemon at his heels, asked a really good question: were there any specific threats that they could prepare for?

GFawkes
2012-01-13, 10:11 PM
"And what 'thing' would that be?" Emma replies to Josh, shooting him a glace that could cut steel.

I wouldn't ask about that if I were you. She's a bit touchy on the matter. Casey speaks into Josh's mind.

Milo v3
2012-01-13, 10:18 PM
After that glance the only thing he could think of was
'Oh **** she thinks I'm talking about her arm.'

Josh responded with a panicked tone.
"I'm talking about the Abra which resides in your pack. I was just wondering how you obtained him as they are devious and generally teleport away before you can get close. I've never actually seen one this close before."

GFawkes
2012-01-13, 10:31 PM
And you were until I spoke up. Well, thought up.

"Saved him from some bee-like PokeMon. He was wounded, and it was either let him die or catch him." Emma replies, softening her gaze and returning to the map trying to plot out the most efficient route.

Milo v3
2012-01-13, 10:52 PM
A sigh of relief was let out by Josh. He then looked at the small pokemon in Emma's pack.
Thank you. Wait. Your response wasn't to my words but my thoughts. This is interesting. So I don't need to focus or project my thoughts you can hear them even if I remain idle. And to do so without effort. But he (or is it a she) seems to only hear my direct thoughts. I'll have to write this down.
Joshua reaches into his pack and drew forth a pen and a blank notebook, he went to a fresh page and wrote down the title of this tome.
"Psionic Empowered Creatures by Joshua Heightmen"

"You know this trip might not be so bad." He thought outloud.

And with that he returned his belongings to his pack and gazed at the map once more. He was silent this time.
'It would probably be best if I don't annoy her while she is finding the route. Don't want to distract her and make us end up in the middle of nowhere.'

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-13, 11:05 PM
Dante spoke before he had time to think

Wait, Really?! Man, I thought you were asking about her arm, that's been Killing Me!

Milo v3
2012-01-13, 11:13 PM
Josh turned to Dante and chuckled quietly as he spoke.
"Sssshhhhh.
If she hears you mention it think she will kill both of us."

"Also I'm Josh the genius, egotistical, and paranoid researcher of Pokemon."
He extends out his hand to Dante then whispers quietly.
"And just so you know I was actually talking about her arm."

GFawkes
2012-01-13, 11:19 PM
Emma turns to Dante, a vengeful anger visible in her eyes.

"It really will be if you don't keep quiet." she says coldly.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-13, 11:32 PM
Raising an eyebrow at the byplay between the three, Ryan sighs, before turning towards the girl and saying, "Just wait to kill them until after we're done with this job, please." Turning towards the group as a whole, he says, "And the name's Ryan, by the way, and my partner here is Hisei." After a moment's thought, Ryan turns towards the boy with the egg, and says, "By the way, any ideas what's going to hatch from that thing?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-13, 11:36 PM
He couldn't help himself, he finally let out a small laugh.

I'm... I'm sorry, I'm laughing at me. I tend to do this a bit. He took a breath and regained his composure. I didn't mean to offend you, touchy subjects and all that, we all have them. You could have just said you don't talk about it. But I'd hate to start off on a bad note. I'm Dante, but you can call me D. Everyone does. Nice to meet you. You too Josh. You've got an.... interesting self-appointed title there. And no Ryan right? I don't know when it will hatch but it should be soon. I've had it since I left home but we were sheltering so many pokemon it could be from any of them. I don't even know what's in here. But, its fun to know this may be one of the first pokemon children born.

Arcran
2012-01-14, 12:36 AM
“Tents and some food? We can probably do that,” Ulric says, jotting down a note. “First aid, that should be good too. As for the wagon, that’s the first good idea for these things I’ve heard in weeks. Maybe you aren’t one of those stupid Pokemaniacs,” Ulric says to Emma, obviously happy to have somebody that can think of a use for them other than pretty pets. “And eggs make damn good eggs! One that size and I could have a whole omelet with one egg! Now threats,” he says as he trails off into thought and spins the map around towards him. “This area is full of wolf beasts, stay away from there. This is a toxic land fill, some of those bioweapons that we made towards the end moved there. Couple of these are dens to weird bugs and this,” he says pointing at the last one, fear creeping into his voice, “this is where the shapechangers are. Stay away from there, we lost a couple good men in there. I wouldn’t plan on the dragon being a threat, if what our oh-so-smart friend here says is true, then we should be safe for it until about June,” he says with a chuckle. “But threats in the city. Skinwalkers will always be a problem. Malfunctioning Magnets could also pose a problem. But Skinwalkers are the worst one. Don’t let there appearance fool you; they are nothing but savage beasts anymore,” he says with a cold look in his eyes. “Now, if you’re done with your chitchat I’ll have your supplies meet you at the East side of camp. Meeting concluded,” he says with a tone of finality. He hands the list of supplies to a nearby man in warrior garb and starts to pull out more maps.

Everyone
Skinwalkers is the slang term for any of the humanoid Pokemon. Magnets is the Magnemite line.

Milo v3
2012-01-14, 12:52 AM
Josh turned towards Emma with a grin on his face.
"So miss can you see a route through all these death traps that let us through without being caught and killed."

BluesEclipse
2012-01-14, 01:20 AM
"Alright, then..." Ryan says, as he turns towards the exit of the tent. "I'll meet you over at the eastern edge of the camp, then... I trust you to figure out the best path to take." With that, he walks out of the tent, calling Hisei's name as he goes. The kitsune, who had been carefully approaching the fire-duck, turns and races out of the tent as well, and can be seen slowing to a trot as it falls in line behind Ryan.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I'll meet you guys at there too. I'm going to head to the Med Area quickly and give them a heads up. Plus I'm sure you He nods to Emma Don't need me in your hair while you're working. He says with a warm smile.

All in all, a pretty good excuse to get out of Ulrics tent as soon as possible.

MintyNinja
2012-01-14, 02:05 AM
As Ulric went through the list of dangerous threats Dominic absentmindedly tapped the handle of his machete. It had been a few days since he had needed to use the thing and now he was going on a dangerous mission with a handful of teenaged kids. It may very well be that he'd wish he could stay behind, but Ulric obviously needed him to keep the others in line and on task.

"I'll go pack my things," Dominic said as he left the tent. But he didn't head immediately for his tent, in truth he sought out Moonshine Monty's tent.

"Hey, Dom. The usual?" the round man asked with a meager attempt at a smile. Moral was important in a camp like this, where there really wasn't a solid hope for survival. Moonshine Monty was imperative in keeping moral just above the mudline, often supplying off duty guards for a discount.

"Yeah, but just the flask today, got a rough assignment and I don't feel like sharing."

"Damn, sounds bad. How about you fill up on the house, eh? Just don't tell anyone."

"Thanks, Monty. I'll see if can get you a souvenir while I'm out," Dominic replied with a laugh as he filled his flask.

Twenty minutes later Dominic was waiting under an overhang with his gear packed into a backpack and his machete sitting across his lap. They had given him not only a tent and rations, but a canteen as well. There was a steady "drip, drip" as he filled it up while waiting.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-14, 02:34 AM
Arriving at the edge of the camp, Ryan sees the tall man with the machete standing there, filling a canteen. After a moment's thought, he shrugs, and holds out his hand, a deep blue glow filling his eyes. The falling rain begins to swirl in front of his hand, forming a small ball as he says, "If you like, my way of filling that might be just a bit faster."

MintyNinja
2012-01-14, 02:48 AM
The moment the water... changed, Dominic tensed. He had heard stories about people developing psychic abilities after the Arceus incident, but he had never planned on meeting one. He needed to decide quickly: act or abide? "Tell me that's just you and that the drink isn't laced," he said with a laugh. He'd abide for now, but he would wait before deciding on a judgement.

"Dominic Kirlov, evening patrol, and resident adult of our little group. You're the one with the fox, right? Ryan something?"

BluesEclipse
2012-01-14, 03:21 AM
Chuckling, Ryan nods, and answers, "Ryan Lyghtwind. And no, it's not the drink. I just need to keep sharpening my abilities - after all, given that it looks like we're going to be responsible for watching out for the younger members of our motley crew, I need to make sure I hone my skills as much as possible while we can, right?" Ryan pulls the ball of water into the tent, expanding the sphere into a single, thin stream that begins looping around itself, forming an interestingly-patterned ball. "Though how old are you, exactly - 22, 23? You don't look too much older than me, and I'm just a few months shy of twenty myself..."

To envision what I'm doing with the ball, think of it as something similar to the Rasengan from Naruto - except it's a single thread looping in multiple directions to form the ball, and the water isn't moving extremely fast.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 11:07 AM
Dante walked briskly towards the eastern side of camp. Normally it would have been a slow lazy sort, but the rain was fairly cold and he wanted to get the egg into shelter soon. He'd gone to the Med Area where somehow the soldier from Ulrics tent had gotten there first. He noted that as long as I was there they could hand the med kit directly over to me so he could get the other items on his list done and huffed away. Nurse Joyce was the one to give it to me, she'd been one of the more peaceful members of the camp. Told me to be careful and to keep everyone safe and alive. I told her No promises, but I'll do my best

The east side edge was in view now, he could even spot to figures vaguely. As he got closer he recognized them as the Eldest of the group, but he couldn't remember his name, he wondered briefly if he'd ever heard it. The second was the Boy around his age, Roland? Rustle? Ryan! Ryan that was the boys name. Ryan, who he did remember having one of the least aggressive attitudes out of the bunch, him and the Researcher. He had that red fox thing and he... is currently holding a floating ball of water. Dante paused for a moment, then quickly realized this wasn't even the oddest thing he'd seen in the last 24 hours and walked up to them.

Neat trick. Don't suppose you can do an area effect or something to keep us dry can you? Ryan Right? And I'm sorry big guy, don't think I ever got your name.

MintyNinja
2012-01-14, 11:40 AM
"Twen-" was all Dominic could say before he was interrupted, by the Egg Boy, no less. "My name is Dominic Kirlov, and as I was trying to say to Ryan here, I'm twenty-five, which makes me the resident adult of our little group." Dominic took a moment to watch as the water moved.

"Dante, right?" he asked as he looked to the younger boy. "Do you know anything about fighting? Or basic survival? What can you be expected to do when you're attacked?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 12:11 PM
... Yeah Dante. Sorry I didn't know I told you. Well alright Mr. Resident Adult, guess that means we can trust you to keep the biggest eye on the kid.

I'm afraid I'm more of a lover than a fighter, but I can take care of myself for the most part. Especially with all of you around taking the most fighting initiative. Keep in mind though, I'm mostly along as the closest thing you have to a doctor but I'm not very trained. I can keep us stable and even treat some wounds, but try not to be a hero or anything because we don't have much supplies. There's too many injured here at camp to lose too many resources.

MintyNinja
2012-01-14, 12:22 PM
"You didn't tell me, you told everyone when you told the girl. We were all there, and we all have ears," explained Dominic slowly. He wasn't the brightest person, and he knew that, but for some reason this kid made him feel relatively normal. "A medic is good. A medic that doesn't need babysitting is better. Just don't get yourself hurt," he patted his machete, "I'm no surgeon."

Seeing as Ryan was focused more on manipulation the water, Dominic once again held his canteen out in the rain letting it fill slowly.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 12:45 PM
Oh right! Dante said with a laugh That... yeah, not one of my brightest moments but at least I got it off my chest. You said Dom right? Well it's good to meet you Dom. And don't worry, I'm good at keeping myself out of trouble. I spent almost a week and a half out in the mountains before I got here with just a few provisions and this egg, and it's not scrambled yet. And don't worry about expertise. If you really needed to do some minor surgery, I'm sure I could walk you through it He quipped jokingly.

He felt better. He was a little off put at first but that was to be expected. Everyone had been on edge a little bit recently, and with all these rumors of bandits and raiders we've all been a little cautious and over protective. But with that Dante felt confident. This man seemed genuine and honestly caring. And to be fair, Ulric may not be his favorite person, but everyone knows if any of us were Paranoid and cautious to a fault, it was Ulric. And if he trusted everyone in this group, it was a safe bet you could too.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-14, 12:46 PM
Ryan gestures with his hand, and the stream of water forming the looping sphere flows in a single stream over towards the canteen, flowing into it to fill the vessel. Once filled, Ryan returns the remainder of the water in his hand, he says, "Sorry, but I don't have enough control to even keep myself dry, let alone our entire group. Anyway, you said you're our medic, Dante? Good to know... while I can use my powers a bit more... forcefully, I suppose would be the word... I still normally find myself in the center of a fight."

MintyNinja
2012-01-14, 12:52 PM
"I'm sure."

A week and a half in the wild? Is that all? Probably the hardest thing the little kid's ever done. How long was I out there? Oh, right, a year and a half! Eighteen months! Seventy-seven seven day weeks! If he get lost I'm leaving him behind, thought Dominic angrily. He did his best to keep his face neutral as he closed his canteen. "Thanks." Let us leave soon.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 01:11 PM
Oh well. He notes to Ryan Wishful thinking I guess. To be honest I'm a little surprised I was put along with you lot. I understand why you need the Mechanic, and you two make some muscle. Apparently the kid can fight too, but I'm still surprised he was sent along, young as he is. I assumed I was here for first aid, and that's what I'm going to, but Ulric noted I knew 'eggy stuff". I'm not even sure what that is or if it will come up, and I'm really surprised he's having the researcher tag along. Didn't think Ulric cared about studying these 'Pokemon.'

GFawkes
2012-01-14, 01:34 PM
Josh turned towards Emma with a grin on his face.
"So miss can you see a route through all these death traps that let us through without being caught and killed."

"Faster than disproving the Higgs-Boson." Emma replies, scanning the map. She moves her finger along it at certain points, attempting to triangulate rough distances. After about 5 minutes, she finishes.

"Mind if we take the map, Ulric?" she asks.

To be on the safe side, I'll roll a d20 and add my INT modifier to see if I got us a shorter/better route
[roll0]

Arcran
2012-01-14, 01:40 PM
" Sure, sure take it," he says with a wave of his hand. Despite your best efforts it seems as if Ulric's route is the fastest way you can reach Seattle while still staying clear of the "bad" spots.

Moranica
2012-01-14, 02:26 PM
Scribly quickly hurries to the food supplies, getting dried meat, beans and some chilli powder. He'd learned that in the worst situations, chilli powder could make even eating bugs tasty. ... well, at least making it taste like chilli. Plenty of water as well, as stagnant water was to risky to drink.

Boy oh boy, it's good to get out again. And the group seems nice. It'll be strange not being alone in the wild, but a little company at night should be fun. They all seem so different though, hopefully I'll get to know them a little better .... and their pokemon. well. They appear friendly as well. ... [face flushes red] ... I didn't even introduce myself. You fool!!

Scribly and Charred rush on to the others. Without waiting for anyone to finish what they where talking about he blurts out: "My name is Scribly, and this is Charred. ... sorry I didn't tell you before, I'm not used to .... company. I am an expert at survival tactics, and .... ..... [takes relaxed pose] so what were you talking about? Got a good travelplan?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 02:51 PM
No sooner had Dante finished talking than the youngest member of the group rushed in panting and announcing as fast as he could his name, his partners name and his talents. They stood for a quick moment before Dante Said
Well, Hello there Scribly and hello to you Charred he notes to the creature next to the boy I'm Dante, just call me D, and this he points behind him with his thumb is Ryan and the big guy he notes to the man with the Machete is Dom, we were all just introducing ourselves so good timing he says smiling at the boy As for travel plans his face becomes more serious I assume our resident Engineer will have that route planned out, so now we're just waiting on her and the Researcher. Figure we'll head out as soon as they arrive, sound about right? he addresses to the two men behind him asking for there input.

MintyNinja
2012-01-14, 03:05 PM
"Sooner the better," agreed Dominic. "Scribly, you say you're an expert on survival tactics? At so young an age? For all of our sake, I hope that's not just bragging." He then turned towards Charred, but changed his mind before he said anything. As their group waited on the last two, Dominic began wrapping his hands with a pair of faded, red boxing wraps.

Moranica
2012-01-14, 03:13 PM
"Nice to meet you all. I agree, let's go when the rest arrives. As for the survival, I can handle myself."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 03:20 PM
Say Scribly, before I left you mentioned... Charred was it? he er- said he was 'good with eggs'. What did that mean?

GFawkes
2012-01-14, 03:27 PM
Emma rolls up the map and puts it in her backpack before heading out to join the rest of the group.

"Looks like Ulric had the best idea of a route. We should head out as soon as we can, though. Who knows how long before the rain lets up." she states, joining the group.

Moranica
2012-01-14, 03:30 PM
"I don't know really. He just indicated he knew some kind of trick with it. When I told him anyone can eat an egg, he acted all insulted. So I guess he's means good to it. Then again, he acts insulted a lot really."

Milo v3
2012-01-14, 06:31 PM
Josh fairly happy that we wont immediately die. Also it appears the girl no longer hated him.
Josh followed her back to the group, enjoying the rain on the way.

MintyNinja
2012-01-14, 06:34 PM
"Okay, we're all here. Let's get going," Dominic said as Josh finally arrived. He then looked to the only girl and said, "You have the map, lead on."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 07:15 PM
With the last member arriving with a noticeable smile on his face, Dom announces we should leave and hands it over to the Engineer, who's name he still didn't know. Just before they left Dante said aside to Josh "Boy, you seem like you're in a pretty good mood" smiling. Then he picked up his bag, resting in the driest spot he found on the ground, and went to follow the Name-less Girl.

GFawkes
2012-01-14, 07:34 PM
Emma starts heading along the route, remembering the first few twists and turns to make easily.

Milo v3
2012-01-14, 08:04 PM
Joshua turned to Dante as they walked, all the while trying to keep pace with the nameless girl.
"Yeah. I've wanted to leave that camp ever since I set foot in it. And now we've finally left it. I might actually be able to finish one of my tomes out here. But enough about me. Who are you?"
He tried to make sure that last sentence to not sound rude.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 08:24 PM
"Ah, no worries, thought I already introduced myself. Dante" He said extending his hand while still trying to keep up pace. "But call me D, and spread it around this line is getting old."

"So, Josh right? You're writing a Tome? What's it about?"

Milo v3
2012-01-14, 08:31 PM
Josh reached out and shook his hand.
"Well D I'm writing about the changes Arceus caused in life all across the world. Psychic abilities, control over the elements, increased intelligence resulting in advanced technology, that sort of stuff."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 08:52 PM
Actually that sounds really interesting. I'd like to read it someday. Who knows, maybe you'll get it published. Then Oprah can put it on her book-list.

Dante Let out a long sigh

God I hope Oprah's Ok, don't you?

GFawkes
2012-01-14, 08:56 PM
"I'm Emma. And in my backpack is Casey." Emma replies, focusing more on the trail than the conversation.

MintyNinja
2012-01-14, 09:07 PM
Casey...? Oh, right! She has an abra with her. Creepy little things, reading minds and such, he's probably listening to everything we're thin- Oh sh*t! I mean abra's are great and Casey is an awesome name... sorry? Dominic's mind raced as he tried to think polite thoughts. He's probably not listening, at least not too me. Big guy with a machete, that's all I am. Not carrying around something's egg, not writing a book, not controlling elements, not thinking about a map, not raising a flaming duck-like little brat. Just a big guy with a machete. To ease his mind Dominic took a long swig from his flask and let the gentle numbness tease the edges of his mind. I know what I want. I want to fight. But with all these kids around, I don't think that's the best idea. Heh, I don't think... ain't that the truth.

Milo v3
2012-01-14, 09:37 PM
As he walked Josh's thoughts travelled to how his companions could be used in his research.
'Emma and Casey. I wonder if they could help my research. She seems intelligent, and quick witted, even if she is defensive. Casey can easily help my research on Psionic Attributed Creatures. I wonder if he would willing give him some of his DNA?'

All the while his pace slowed slightly.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 09:54 PM
That caught Dante off guard.
"Emma huh?" he thought.
Nice to meet you Emma. Listen, sorry we got started off on the wrong foot, no hard feeling?

GFawkes
2012-01-14, 10:36 PM
"Uh-huh." Emma replies, not really paying attention.

I can tell you right now that it isn't a good time. You might want to give her a bit. Casey "tells" Dante.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-14, 11:15 PM
This stops him short since he hadn't ever experienced this before. Woah! You're... Casey right? I've heard rumors of psychic pokemon able to communicate telepathically, that's amazing! You realize you're one of the only pokemon able to communicate with us?! Do you remember you're life before the Arceus Incident? Do you use energy to use telepathy or do you just hear thoughts without control? WHAT DOES THE INSIDE OF A POKEBALL LOOK LIKE?!

BluesEclipse
2012-01-14, 11:56 PM
Ryan walks along with the others in the group, having released the water he was playing with before they left. As he walks, he looks around the group, silently evaluating them. Well, at least Emma and Scribly seem to understand the situation we're in... though Dominic and I will have to keep a close eye on things, if only to make sure those other two don't get us into trouble. They really don't seem to understand what it is to travel in this world... ah well. Moving forward, Ryan brings himself even with Emma, and says to her, "So... what exactly is Casey capable of? I know Josh mentioned that his kind can teleport, but what else can he do?" Ryan glances back at the remainder of the group, watching as Hisei trots along near the back of the group. For that matter, I'm not entirely certain what Charred is capable of, either, but I'm guessing it's similar to Hisei's own powers.

GFawkes
2012-01-15, 01:07 AM
"Currently, not much. He sleeps alot, but he can still react to stimuli. He's also learning chess, and hopefully how to win without cheating." Emma replies to Ryan.

Before the "incident", as you call it, I can't remember much. The telepathy is just something I do, like you walking. You don't know how it works, but it does. As for the inside of a PokeBall, words can't describe it. Casey replies to Dante.

Arcran
2012-01-15, 01:08 AM
The day goes by slowly as you walk. Slowly, ever so slowly, the camp fades into the distance until you can no longer see it. Walking is slow; the mud pulls at your feet, making every step a struggle. After about an hour of walking you are all soaked to the bone and freezing. But you keep walking, and walking, and walking.
The progress is slowest for Scribly. Charred keeps trying to walk underneath you, trying to find shelter from the rain. Not only is it annoying to have a burning Pokemon walking below you, he also keeps getting in the way. Scribly has nearly tripped over the small Fire type numerous times, but it just keeps harassing. Casey and Hisei both look fairly miserable as well; their hair is plastered to their heads in a way that is fairly comical. Hisei is covered in mud as well, her whole leg almost sticking in sometimes.
But you continue to walk, making small talk all the way. Ulric’s map seems good; besides a flock of Pidgey that had flown overhead and the occasional Lotad soaking up the rain, you’ve barely seen any monsters. After walking for nearly four hours the map leads into a forest and a temporary reprieve from the rain.
As the sun begins to set, the forest seems to become far more malevolent. The shadows grow longer, and the chill is making everyone except Dominic shake. The sun isn’t fully down yet, but likely will be within the next hour. In the distance, a howl sounds, only to be answered by countless more. Something is out there hunting, and if the sound is anything to go by, they’re fairly close.

MintyNinja
2012-01-15, 01:35 AM
"We're running out of daylight," Dominic said as the howls echoed throughout the forest. "I think we should set up camp for now and prepare ourselves if we need to fight before bed."

He turned to Scribly and Charred, "Can you two get a fire going while we set up tents? If the wood's too wet, ask Ryan for help." He then turned to Josh, "You seem to be studious, any idea what was just howling? And Emma, if we keep going at this pace, how long till we're out of the woods? I don't like it at all, but if things turn sour I wanna know all options."

And then speaking to Ryan and Dante, "Let's get the tents up."

BluesEclipse
2012-01-15, 02:01 AM
Looking around at the sound of howling, Ryan's hand shifts towards the large disc hooked to his belt, but he stops after a moment. "All I know is that those howls were closer than I'd like... Dom, Scribly, we probably should plan on setting a watch tonight, just in case those things decide we're appetizing." Finding a clear spot closer to the edge of the clearing, Ryan sets his tent up, thinking, If those things come after me first, I can at least take a hit or two - and it'll be hard for them to get into the tents without waking us, anyway. So long as we're careful, we should be fine, though - and we don't know that we'll necessarily be attacked, anyway. After setting up his tent, he moves to help with the tents for the others, before turning towards Scribly and Charred, saying, "You two good with the fire?"

Milo v3
2012-01-15, 02:21 AM
Josh was silent for a few seconds.
"Well its obviously canine in origin. Maybe a Mightyena. They have twisted minds so just from psionic talents won't work on them. Also could someone help me with my tent."

'I've never had to build a tent before. Were am I supposed to but these poles?'

BluesEclipse
2012-01-15, 02:35 AM
Ryan walks towards Josh, helping him with his tent. "What works best on them, then? Mind you, I'm only able to do any real damage with wind and water right now, though Hisei's got a bit of firepower as well."

Milo v3
2012-01-15, 02:47 AM
Josh moves back slightly trying to not get in Ryan's way.
"Thanks. And saddly its not the elements that they are vulnerable to, no they are vulnerable to brute force and strong physical attacks. Or you could use insects as they minds are generally not tricked by their dark tricks.
So saddly unless you know martial arts or are a giant bug in disguise I don't think it your innate powers will help."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-15, 02:56 AM
[color=grey]Before the "incident", as you call it, I can't remember much. The telepathy is just something I do, like you walking. You don't know how it works, but it does. As for the inside of a PokeBall, words can't describe it. Casey replies to Dante.

Fascinating. It must seem so simple to you, after all Nature is Perfect, Technology can only hope to imitate.

Casey I'm very welcome to have you hear, it will be interesting, at it's highest point I may gain a greater understudying through the eyes of one of you.

The group walked on for what felt like hours, besides a few late howls at the end of the day the majority was very peaceful, a flock or so of Pidgeys overhead every so often but besides that a fairly peaceful walk. Though the pokemon weren't exactly enjoying it.

Eventually Dom suggested it was a good time to set up camp. Ryan suggested to him that there should be a watch system in place before assisting Josh with his tent.

Dante set up his tent leisurely. He'd done it a thousand times before. On his own and between all the camping he'd done growing up. He slowed down half way through. Basking in the nostalgia. But all things came to and end and for after everyones tent was up they looked towards the fire Scribly and Charred were preparing.

Moranica
2012-01-15, 12:25 PM
It felt good to be out travelling again. Even considering the rain and the constant harassing from Charred, trusting his own feet, skills and instincts once more.

He knew the trouble Charred was going through. He once threw him into a pool to toughen him up concerning water. It didn't go quite as planned and Scribly had to drag the unconscious Magby out. He didn't knew much about Charred then. But while he understood Charreds trouble with the rain, he wouldn't normally put up with this kind of behaviour. Scribly did put up with it though. This was a dangerous trip and he knew Charred would be needed soon. Now wasn't the best timing to put him in his place.

That evening, his fears were confirmed, when howls could be heard in the distance. If that came from the pokemon he thought it was, they could be in trouble. He'd met one before, a young one out on his own. Charred easily toasted it easily and it made for a good meal, but many could spell trouble.

As asked Scribly quickly started collecting dry or at least partially dry wood, after which Charred lighted it. Placing the not so dry wood near the fire allowing it to dry. Having done that, Scribly gets some grass and builds something resembling a nest.

"Alright, all done. I'll take first watch and Charred can take the second. Want me to cook up some dinner?"

MintyNinja
2012-01-15, 12:32 PM
Dominic had just finished setting up his own tent when Scribly mentioned watch order, "No offense meant, but Charred isn't getting a watch to himself. If we get surrounded I want to be told how many are in the pack in the same breath as we're woken up. He can take the watch with you, however."

He then went around helping set up the other tents that needed it as he considered Josh's words. I can do brute force, or will it not matter if I'm not a pokemon? And that's only if he's right, I know there used to be a lot of dog breeds, there will probably be a lot of dog pokemon, too.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-15, 12:38 PM
Heading towards the fire, Ryan says, "Alright, so Scrib and Charred have first watch. Hisei and I will take second, and Dom can take last watch. That work for you two?"

MintyNinja
2012-01-15, 12:40 PM
"Yeah, that seems better," agreed Dominic.

Milo v3
2012-01-15, 05:40 PM
Now that my tent was up I could finally get some rest. Josh then silently entered his tempory abode.
Josh placed his pack down and drew out some rations. He took two bites returned it to his pack and gave into fatigue.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-15, 06:21 PM
After the tents were set up Josh went straight to bed, Figured he must not travel this far on foot a lot so its natural he's tired. Meanwhile Ryan and Dom came up with a rotating watch and Scribly volunteered to make some food.

I'll help you with that Dante offered Cooking's a family trait, lemme give you a hand.

As he was assisting Scribly he couldn't help but notice the pile of straw he had made for a bed.

Is that where you're sleeping? Kid it's pretty cold out, and I know your friend there makes for a good heater but my Tent is huge, it's plenty big if you want to crash with me after your shift He offered.

Moranica
2012-01-16, 03:28 PM
Scribly thanks Dante as he offers to help with the meal. But it doesn't take long for them to realise that "meal" can have two completely different meanings. While Scribly's receipe holds some good aspects, such as very little work and quickly done, it might not be the best receipe for an enjoyable meal. Indeed, throwing dried meat and beans in a pan, adding some water and wait for 20 minutes should not count as cooking. Scribly quicly let's Dante take charge as his idea sounds more both more appetizing and impossible for him to do by himself.

"I suppose the sleeping is just like our cooking styles. It really depends on what you're used to. Me and Charred never had a tent to sleep in. It would have been impractical and dangerous any way with Charreds control of his flames. And without it, we find it much safer, being more accutely aware of our surroundings. Wouldn't want to step out of your tent and find yourself surrounded by these howling creatures, now would you? Thank you for the offer though, I do appreciate the thought."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-16, 03:54 PM
Dante was surprised. Until now he'd only seen him as some little kid, but now this ki-, sorry. But now Scribly seemed much more mature for his age. Oddly well thought out if not somewhat crude. I guess you have to grow up fast in days like this. It was sad, for the moment, seeing how this, sorry, Scribly would lose out on his childhood, but for now it's best to give him his space and start treating him like a teammate rather than a child who needed to be looked after. He laughed to himself quietly at that last thought. If those creatures came out that night it'd probably be Scribly watching him.

I understand he said gently You know what's best for both you and your pokemon

The cooking process was mostly quiet, Scribly had started off but Dante slowly ended up taking charge. They stated off gently sauteing the dried meat with some light water in the only crock pot they had. Once it has absorbed some of the water and let out some oil they threw in the pantry trail rations they had. Some beans mostly, dried onions and tomatoes. Pretty soon they had a decent chili brewing. Dante tried a spoonful.

yeah, we're almost there. I feel like it's just missing one thing, we just need some sort of- Dante started but Scribly's hand had already shot out holding a small container marked "Chili Powder"

Where did yo- How di-... Hmm... Dante added liberally, stirred a bit, then tasted again. Perfect.

And they high fived. Then called dinner.

Arcran
2012-01-17, 06:20 PM
The chili smells amazing; whatever cooking genes Dante has are shining through. The meal is filling and within a few minutes you are all unable to eat any more. Hisei, Casey, and Charred finish off everything you didn't eat untill all of the chili is gone. The meal was good, one of the best you’d had in a while. It will likely be one of the best you’ll have on the trip. Howling continues as you all get ready to sleep, but it doesn’t seem to be any closer.The tents are noisy due to the rain, but you all still quickly fall asleep. The tents are nice; they seem to be of good make and they seem to keep out both the cold and the wet.
Scribly
Your watch goes by uneventfully. Besides the oh-so-common noises of the night, you don’t hear anything. Charred is constantly making the fire bigger, which is annoying, but without it the night would be cold.
Dom
When Scribly wakes you for your watch, it seems to be the appointed time. The first hour passes uneventfully, but then you start to hear something, like a low growl. Just barley in the dim light you are able to make out shapes reminiscent of wolves, slowly prowling around the camp. You are unable to discern their numbers.
Ryan
Your watch hasn’t started yet. I’m not sure why I gave you a spoiler….
Everyone:
Take 1 day of rations off.

MintyNinja
2012-01-17, 07:09 PM
We're being surrounded, he thought as the shapes prowled just out of the light. Pack mentality. They will likely attack as a group at the first sign of trouble. Gotta wake the others. Dominic Rose slowly from his seat by the fire and calmly walked to Ryan's tent. Without opening it he said, "Ryan, wake up, we're under attack." And he did so with each tent, waking as many others as he could before the attack.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-17, 07:14 PM
"Ryan, wake up, we're under attack."

Ryan's eyes snap open as he hears his name, and he curses mentally as the rest of Dom's alert processes in his mind. Springing up, he says, "Hisei, let's go!" before rushing out of his tent, his hand flying to the disc on his belt. He pulls the disc off of the belt, and slips his fingers into the loop in the chain attached to it that he put there just for this purpose, as he looks around their small campsite, evaluating the situation.

Milo v3
2012-01-17, 07:59 PM
The sound of someone opening his tent woke Josh up within a second. His body bolted up in reflex. He looked around he was in his tent and Dominic.

His adrenaline levels started to lower. His mind started to return to its sleepy self.
"Whats wrong? Are we leaving now?"

MintyNinja
2012-01-17, 08:02 PM
"Whats wrong? Are we leaving now?"

"Get up. We're being surrounded, probably have to fight," said Dominic before he moved on to the next tent.

GFawkes
2012-01-17, 08:07 PM
"What's going on? A leaf twitch somewhere?" Emma says sleepily, waking up and attempting to rouse Casey.

MintyNinja
2012-01-17, 08:09 PM
"What's going on? A leaf twitch somewhere?"

"Wolf shaped and growling. Haven't seen leaves do that yet," Dominic said as he passed her tent.

Milo v3
2012-01-17, 08:31 PM
Josh was shocked. The beasts surrounded us. Who was on watch? Was I right about them being Mightyena? But reality soon shook him back to his senses.
His hands quickly dived into his pack, removed two weapons and stepped outside.
Two wooden Tonfa lay in his hands he glaced around the area skittishly.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-17, 08:36 PM
Dante growned and breifly thought I don't care if they eat me as long as they don't wake me up but Dom sounded very serious and slightly anxious, so he thought better of it and said quietly but projected I'm up, I'm up. He threw on clothes, put the egg pouch on (Better he protect it than have it sit here where someone might accidently hurt it) and grabbed his walking stick.

Two hands, firmly placed in equal thirds. The hand that's on the side of the forward foot it supinated. Breath. React honestly. I can do this. running through his mind as he exited his tent to join the others.

Arcran
2012-01-17, 09:23 PM
As you watch, two wolves appear out of the trees, coming into the firelight. They are large, dark beasts with glaring red eyes. One is significantly larger than the other, but both seem very dangerous. They stride forward, teeth bared, froth dripping from their mouths. They slowly stalk forward, the promise of death gleaming in their eyes. One is quite thin and probably hasn’t eaten for a few days. The other seems well fed.
Well isn’t this just peachy… you all hear Casey “say” in all of your minds.

Dominic:
You are sure that you saw more than 2
Josh:
You recognize them as Mightyena.

{table=head] |A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q
1 |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t
2 |t |t |t |t |t | |t |t | | |t |t |t |t |t |t |t
3 |t |t |t | | | | | | | | | |t |t |t |t |t
4 |t |t | | | | | | | | | | | |t |t |t |t
5 |t | | | | | |x |x |Ca |E | | | | |t |t |t
6 |t |t | | | | |x |x |D | | | | | | |t |t
7 |t |t | | | | | | | |x |x | | | | | |t
8 |t |M1 | | |R |Hi | |c |Ch |x |x | | | | |t |t
9 |t |M2 | | |x |x | |S | | |J | | | |t |t |t
10 |t |t | | |x |x | | | |x |x | | | | |t |t
11 |t |t | | | | | | | |x |x | | | | | |t
12 |t |t | | | | |t | | | | |Da | | |t |t |t
13 |t |t |t |t | | | | | | | | | | |t |t |t
14 |t |t |t |t |t | |t | | |t | | |t |t | | |t
15 |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t | |t |t |t | |t
16 |t |t |t |t | |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t |t[/table]
Key:
R= Ryan
D= Dominic
Da= Dante
J= Josh
E= Emma
S= Scribly
Ch= Charred
Hi= Hisei
Ca= Casey
t= Tree
x= Tent
M1-2= Mightyena

Initiative:
Emma
Dominic
Ryan
Josh
Scribly
Dante
Casey
Hisei
M1
M2
Charred

Milo v3
2012-01-17, 09:58 PM
As the wolves entered the clearing fear ran through Josh's spine.
I've never had to actually fight before. A Mightyena could probably tear me into tiny pieces with a single bite.
But it was strange though. Only two? Mightyena are generally in packs of ten.

Josh headed towards Ryan out of fear and slight amounts of ego telling him not to run. Ending standing to the right of his companions fiery vulpin.

Josh knowing he wouldn't contribute much to combat as the others told them how do fight them.
"Okay I'll look out for the others. And guys these are Mightyena. They will probably try to outwit us and will probably use dirty tactics. Don't focus on only one or they'll flank us. Casey try to not link your mind to theirs as it can have bad side-effects."

Josh is now at 7F

MintyNinja
2012-01-17, 10:03 PM
"Damn. Okay, Dante, get closer to the center, there are definitely more than two," said Dominic. "Josh, keep an eye out for their reinforcements." He ran to the nearest wolf beast and swung his machete at its head.

Move to C8
Machete attack M1:
AC [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

GFawkes
2012-01-17, 10:25 PM
"Well, that explains why you can't sense them."

Oh shut up. You can't even try to do that.

Emma argues with Casey as they sneak around the tent. Seeing the Mightyena, she grabs a knife and throws it.

Move to F4, Attack M1

Attack Roll
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2012-01-18, 12:14 AM
Stepping in towards the wolves, Ryan calls out, "Hisei, light 'em up! Ember!" Moving into position, Ryan whips the disc upward and forwards with the chain, the sharp edge of the disc slicing at the Pokemon.

---

Hisei, hearing Ryan's call, shifts its posture, lowering its head while arching its tails upwards. Small wisps of flame fly from the tips of all six tails, forming into a small, red-orange ball, which Hisei launches forwards with a flick of its tails towards the wolf-beast his companion is fighting.

Ryan Shifts to C7.
Attack - Disc Blade at M1: AC: [roll0], Damage: [roll1] Normal

Hisei uses Ember at M1. Rolls in OOC.

Also, please be advised that I reserve the right of creative license when describing use of any Move, since I've come up with a fairly specific idea for how both Ryan and Hisei focus their powers in combat.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-18, 01:13 AM
Roger Dante confirmed ad he moved towards the campfire.

Great, so besides these two there are move of them hidden in the forest. In the Dark. With Black Fur. This is shaping out well. he thought as he got in place, turning his back to the fire and faced the opposite woods, readying himself for any attacks that may come.

Move to I9

Back towards c, and he readies an attack. If thats a thing, otherwise he's just kind of there. Actively looking out of course.

Moranica
2012-01-18, 08:24 AM
Past experience has taught him to sleep ligthy and Scribly quickly wakes up as the camps turns into turmoil. Drawing out his knife he turns a full 360 to survey the camp. "Charred, wake up!", he shouts as he kicks the magby. Charred quickly gets up, looking for any sign of trouble.

Then the two wolf-like creatures exit the forest. "Look out!", Scribly shouts. "'Guys, it's just two of them, let's attack all together, that might scare them off!!." Scribly is about to charge M2 when he hears there could well be more of them. He stops in his tracks and now moves to the southside of the camp (L9 S nad L8 Ch) with Charred. "We'll hold them back here. Charred, let's make sure they can't see anything from back there ]pointing into the bushes], smokescreen in front of us!" (M6 to M11).

Arcran
2012-01-18, 11:15 AM
The larger Mightyena growls as a flurry of attacks hit him. Dominic’s machete leaves a nice gash right around the shoulder, while Emma’s knife sticks in right around the ribcage area. Ryan’s disks slam into it, but bounce off, not even warranting a growl. The face full of embers get his attention though, making him growl angrily. Smoke rises off his fur and small embers glow within it. The larger wolf barks out a command, and both leap at Dominic, teeth bared. You manage to stop the smaller one by swinging your arm at it, but when you attempt the same thing on the larger its teeth clamp down on your arm, drawing blood and causing your forearm to shoot pain. Then you hear a rush of steps. More Mightyena rush out of the bushes, growling menacingly. Two run at Emma, slamming into her with their huge bodies. They nearly knock you to the ground. Emma, get out of here! These things will tear us apart! Casey cries, using Telekinesis to throw rocks at one of them.
On the other side of the camp three more rush out of the trees only to stop cold when they reach Charred’s Smokescreen. They growl menacingly and look back and forth at each other, trying to figure out a plan apparently. Another lone Mightyena rushes Dante and leaps through the air at him. He hits him hard, knocking him to the ground. A final wolf rushes around, straight at Dominic, and sinks its teeth straight into his thigh.

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q
1|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
2|t|t|t|t|t||t|t|||t|t|t|t|t|t|t
3|t|t|t|||M4|M3||||||t|t|t|t|t
4|t|t||||E||||||||t|t|t|t
5|t||||||x|x|Ca||||||t|t|t
6|t|t|||||x|x|||||sm|||t|t
7|t|t|R|||J||||x|x||sm||||t
8|t|M1|D|||Hi||c||x|x|Ch|sm|M5||t|t
9|t|M2||M9|x|x|||Da|||Sc|sm|M6|t|t|t
10|t|t|||x|x|||M8|x|x||sm|M7||t|t
11|t|t||||||||x|x||sm||||t
12|t|t|||||t||||||||t|t|t
13|t|t|t|t|||||||||||t|t|t
14|t|t|t|t|t||t|||t|||t|t|||t
15|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t||t|t|t||t
16|t|t|t|t||t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t[/table]

Key:
R= Ryan
D= Dominic
Da= Dante
J= Josh
E= Emma
S= Scribly
Ch= Charred
Hi= Hisei
Ca= Casey
t= Tree
x= Tent
c= Campfire
sm= Smokescreen
M1-12= Mightyena

Initiative:
Emma
Dominic
Ryan
Josh
Scribly
Dante
Casey
Hisei
M1
Charred
M2-9

Summary (All defenses factored in)
Dominic takes 17 damage, then 20. Total of 37. Oh, and you flinch. (I factored in all of your DR already)
Emma takes 24 damage.
Dante takes 21. (Knockdown is just fluff)

GFawkes
2012-01-18, 12:14 PM
"As much as I hate to admit it, you're right Casey. However, I've got an idea that might work. Read the image in my mind." Emma says, catching her breath.

Aww HELL NO! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_5QdHp04E)

"You got a better idea?"

......You owe me one. Casey replies.

Emma backs up from the Mightyena that attacked her, throwing a knife as she rounds the tent. Casey disappears with a small pop, then reappears with the same noise on the back of a Mightyena.

Emma Attacks M4 while moving to G7
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Casey Teleports onto the back of M1, and will Intercept the next attack by using Teleport. He will move to the back of M3 if attacked.

This will work, trust me.

MintyNinja
2012-01-18, 12:40 PM
My arm! He bit my f*****g arm! Dominic was about to retaliate when another of the beasts locked their jaws on his leg. Why does this hurt so much!? He stood there, staring at the hell beast before him.

:smallannoyed:flinching sucks when it happens to you :smalltongue:

Moranica
2012-01-18, 01:23 PM
Scribly has to squint to see through the smoke, but the three .. Mightyena's were still visible.

"Seems they don't like smoke. They haven't seen nothing yet!! Charred, show them how bad your smoke can be for your health. Use smog and then get back to me."

"Hang in there!!", Scribly himself goes to help out Dante. He stabs at the beast, while the magby lets out a thick ball of smoke, which flies in the direction of the three Mightyena's and explodes with a soft puff sound.

Scribly shifts to I8 and attacks M8 [roll0] vs 5; [roll1]
Charred smogs all three in the blast. [roll2] vs 8 (5 + 3 from smokescreen) Smog creates a 3-meter Blast. Smog Poisons all Legal Targets on 13-20 during Accuracy Check. Damage [roll3] Charred moves to I8

Milo v3
2012-01-18, 10:27 PM
The rest of his companions were fighting. He needed to show that he wasn't a coward. But who to help. Josh quickly glaces around.
Emma.
Josh darted towards her then moved in between her and the nearby tent. Ending in front of one of the Mightyena.
He then lunged forward with his arms Tonfa's ready to strike.

Moved to 4G and attacks M3
Attack [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2012-01-18, 11:24 PM
Cursing as his weapon glances off of the Mightyena, Ryan lets his gaze flicker around the battlefield, taking in the situation, even as his eyes seem to fill with a pale white light. "There's a lot of them... Hisei, back up Emma with your Confuse Ray! I'll handle things here!" As Hisei runs off, Ryan turns his attention towards the wolf Pokemon that are currently focused on Dominic, and whips his disc around, catching the chain with his second hand and twirling it in front of him like a fan. The same white light filling his eyes flows down the chain and engulfs the disc as he says, "You want a meal? Chew on this, then!", releasing a powerful, but brief, gust of wind towards the nearest Mightyena.

---

Hisei looks at his human for a moment, before darting away towards the odd girl. His companion has always been able to handle himself, after all. Dashing around to the side, Hisei lines up his attack, and focuses, his eyes taking on an unearthly violet glow before a beam of power lances across the edge of the campsite, and through the Mightyena attacking the metal-armed one, then braces himself in case they strike at him.

Ryan:
Gust at M1 - AC: [roll0], Damage [roll1] Flying

Hisei:
Shift to D3
Confuse Ray through D4-13, hitting M3 and M4. It hits, they are confused.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-19, 12:54 AM
A few attacks had hit the bigger of the two mightyena, it looked weaker. Suddenly it lets out a howl and it's parter attacks Dominic, then it moved in with a bite. The big one seems to be there leader Dante thought briefly If we can kill it, or better yet catch it, we might be able to scare off the ones in the fore- but before he had time to finish his thought the other Pokemon began there attack. Three of them were cut off by Charred, one of them got to Emma, and finally Dante saw one slam right into him. He only had enough to react to try and protect the egg. It ended up fine but dante took a bad hit to the ground landing right on his hip bone. No flesh to cushion the fall.

He looked up to see the wolf advancing, and he was prone. Scribbly rushed in to help him as he got up. Alright guess I'll fight this one he thought as he got up No, the plan is still sound. I can run over and catch the leader. The others might not run but they'll be less coordinated. But I can't just leave him. His thoughts rushed faster and faster as he fought with himself. Scribbly wasn't a kid he needed to protect, he'd just learned that, and his plan seemed sound to him. But still the thought of running seemed cowardly.

Finally he just couldn't think anymore, he reacted by instinct, and made the next move he thought.

Dante attacks M8 with his Walking Stick

[roll0], Damage [roll1]

Arcran
2012-01-20, 11:44 AM
Emma’s knife goes far wide, colliding with a tree. Scribly’s knife hits the wolf, but then bounces off the thick, matted fur. Josh’s tonfas don’t even come close, whistling at least two feet above the things head. The gust of wind hits the Mightyena straight on in the face, the sheer force of it cutting him around his snout. The creature growls angrily, and starts to advance. When Dante goes in for the hit with his walking stick, the Mightyena easily catches the staff in its mouth, but fortunately isn’t able to tear it from your grip. Casey disappears with a pop, landing on the back of the largest Mightyena who growls angrily, but otherwise ignores him as he gives a short bark before leaping on Ryan, biting deep into his thigh.
Charred draws in a breath of toxic gasses, prepares to let them out, and…Nothing. Not even a wisp of gas exits his mouth. The wolves give a short, cough like noise. Could they be laughing? But soon Charred rushes out of their range to hide behind a tent. Another one of the wolves runs behind Ryan and leaps up attempting to bite him in the shoulder. It succeeds, blood starting to run down Ryan’s back. The remaining wolf in that area bites Dominic again, but the angle was all wrong and it didn’t bite down as hard as it should have.
Hisei’s beam goes straight through the two Mightyena, causing their eyes to glaze over momentarily. They both slowly turn towards Hisei, but they both trip and fall into each other, heads cracking together violently. The wolf attacking Datne bites down again, but in a surprising feat of dexterity, Dante is able to knock the head aside with his staff, completely blocking the attack.
The three wolves that had been hindered by the smoke break formation, rushing across the camp. One leaps through the air at Scribly, slamming heavily into him. The other two run around the tents to flank Charred, leaping towards him, teeth bared. Both clamp down on the strange, Pokemon made of magma, but quickly pull back, the heat likely being uncomfortable.

3|t|t|t|Hi||M4|M3||||||t|t|t|t|t
4|t|t|||||J|||||||t|t|t|t
5|t||||||x|x|||||||t|t|t
6|t|t||M9|||x|x|||||sm|||t|t
7|t|t|R||||E||M5|x|x||sm||||t
8|t|M1(Ca)|D|||||c|Ch|x|x||sm|||t|t
9|t|M2|||x|x||M7|Da|Sc|M6||sm||t|t|t
10|t|t|||x|x|||M8|x|x||sm|||t|t

Key:
R= Ryan
D= Dominic
Da= Dante
J= Josh
E= Emma
S= Scribly
Ch= Charred
Hi= Hisei
Ca= Casey
t= Tree
x= Tent
c= Campfire
sm= Smokescreen
M1-12= Mightyena

Initiative:
Emma
Dominic
Ryan
Josh
Scribly
Dante
Casey
Hisei
M1
Charred
M2-9

30 then another 30 damage to Ryan. Total: 60
14 damage to Dominic. (Already factored DR in)
20 to Scribly.
15 the 17 to Charred. Total: 32

Moranica
2012-01-20, 03:03 PM
As the Mighthyena's bite down on the magby they leave little puncture wounds on the magma body. The wounds glow with an orange hue, brighter then the rest of his body.

While Scribly got hit, he noticed his companion getting a lot worse. He smiles...

"Charred, stop getting bitten!! Burn them to the ground!!!!"

WHOOOPPHHFF!!! Charred's body explodes into flames, the little wounds punctured the crust, releasing the hotter magma below. It comes to the surface with flames and smoke.

"Trap them in your fire and move away!!"

The flames leaking from Charred's body start swirling violently around him and are flung towards the Mighthyena.

Scribly himself takes another swing at the Mighthyena that knocked into him.

Charred uses fire spin on M5 and moves to I5. [roll0] vs 4 ; Fire [roll1] (16 + 3*stab due to Blaze)
Scribly stabs [roll2] vs 5 [roll3]

BluesEclipse
2012-01-20, 03:34 PM
"Gah..." Ryan grunts as the beasts bite into him, the disc in his hand falling loosely to hang on its chain. Wincing as the movement pulls at his wounded shoulder, Ryan reaches into his pocket, pulling out one of the Pokeballs he picked up. "Hisei," he calls out, "trap the one behind me! Fire Spin!" Shifting away from the one that had attacked him from behind, Ryan raises his arm and throws the Pokeball at the wounded Mightyena, thinking, Please let this work...

---

Hisei hears his human's cry of pain and turns, seeing one of the dark wolves tearing at his shoulder. Growling, he shifts his posture, preparing to move, but stops as he hears his companion's call. Hisei fans his tails outward in a wide arc, a thread of flame connecting the tips. He then flicks the tails forward, one at a time, launching a stream of flame to encircle the Mightyena, before pulling his tails closed and causing the ring to burst into a fiery maelstrom around the creature.

Ryan: Shift to D10.
Use Great Ball on M1 - Capture Roll(Great Ball modifier included) [roll0]

Hisei: Fire Spin on M9 - AC [roll1], Damage [roll2] Fire, Trapped [roll3] Rounds

Milo v3
2012-01-20, 05:02 PM
Josh's combat style was starting to make him feel useless. He took a step back after his failed attempt at combat. Breathed in deeply then struck again at the beast in front of him.

Attack
[roll0]
If it hits
[roll1]+4+2

GFawkes
2012-01-20, 05:04 PM
How long do I need to keep this up?

"Until we're safe."

Emma and Casey continue banter. Casey feels Ryan's intent, and teleports to another Mightyena's back. Emma stays where she is, but throws another knife at the Mightyena behind her.

Casey teleports to M4, ready to Intercept to M9

Emma throws a knife at M5
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

MintyNinja
2012-01-20, 05:43 PM
Snap out of it, Dom! he thought to himself. All at once the world seemed to move again and he realized he took more hits than he gave. A quick glance around painted an ugly picture. Worse yet, he and Ryan, two of the more effective fighters in their little group were overly focused on only a small portion of the beasts. In fact Dante, Scribly, and Charred were having a hell of a time fighting off even more of them.

"Ryan, you take care of these ones, I'm gonna try and thin the herd," Dominic said as he ran back towards the campfire and knot of combatants. Without slowing his stride, Dominic swung his machete in a wide arc across the back of the nearest wolf.

Move to G8. (moved here to also act as a defense for Emma should they attack from the south)
Attack M7: AC [roll0] Damage [1d8+10]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-20, 09:46 PM
His attack hadn't connected, but at least he'd avoided one. Unfortunetly it looked like they were now surrounded, but Dom and Emma had come to assist. Ups and downs, but no time to think now.

He was focusing on the one ahead of him and swung for another attack.

Dante attacks M8

[roll0] Damage=[roll1]

Arcran
2012-01-21, 11:46 AM
Once again Emma’s knife misses, this time tearing a hole through one of the tents as it flies off course. Dominic rushes the wolf, but somehow the wolf heard him coming and the blow barely hits, fortunately drawing a thin line of blood. Ryan’s Great Ball flies through the air towards the pack leader, colliding violently with its head. In a burst of energy a blue laser shoots out. In the instant before the beast was sucked inside, it lets out a single bark, then disappears. The ball shakes violently, rolling from side to side, but finally stops. The button glows blue for a brief instant, then it is still.
This time Josh’s blow connects with the creature, but it doesn’t even phase the creature. Scribly has a little more luck though. His little weapon of destruction bites deep into the shoulder of the Mightyena, causing it to howl in pain. Josh’s blow does nothing to the wolf in front of him either as he completely missed the large black target.
The wolves seem to be about to flee; the bark from the leader had done something. Unfortunately, when one disappeared into a swirl of flames from Hisei and couldn’t flee, the pack’s demeanor became far more aggressive. As Casey appears on the back of one, the wolf looks to its back angrily with its glazed over eyes. It tries to bite Casey, but fails miserably and ends up clamping its fangs down on its own shoulder. Its brother takes a step forward, apparently planning on rushing Hisei. This time it succeeds, its fangs biting the small kitsune Pokemon around the neck viciously. As the swirl of flames from Charred wraps around another Mightyena, a small dark burst emanates from the wolf, dissipating the flames easily. A few of the wolves not near anyone race towards their trapped companion. One races towards the vulnerable one, then races back, fangs glistening at Emma. The fangs clamp down on the mechanical arm, sending a burst of sparks throughout your body. The one closest to the campfire nips at Dominic’s leg, succeeding and clamping down on his calf. It then races across, protecting the back of his companion. One takes another bite at Scribly, fangs tearing through skin as easily as paper. It rushes over by Josh then, but for whatever reason doesn’t instantly attack. The last wolf near the group leaps at Dante with her mouth wide, clamping down and knocking over Dante all at once. She races across the field, not missing a stride, and takes a position in front of Dominic.
The Mightyena growl menacingly, staring at the group angrily.

3|t|t|t|Hi|M3|M4(Ca)|||||||t|t|t|t|t
4|t|t|||||J|M6||||||t|t|t|t
5|t|||M7|||x|x|Ch||||||t|t|t
6|t|t||M9|||x|x|||||sm|||t|t
7|t|t||M2||M5|E|||x|x||sm||||t
8|t|GB||||M8|D|c||x|x||sm|||t|t
9|t||||x|x|||Da|Sc|||sm||t|t|t
10|t|t||R|x|x||||x|x||sm|||t|t

Key:
R= Ryan
D= Dominic
Da= Dante
J= Josh
E= Emma
S= Scribly
Ch= Charred
Hi= Hisei
Ca= Casey
t= Tree
x= Tent
c= Campfire
sm= Smokescreen
M1-12= Mightyena
GB= Great Ball (With a Mightyena inside)

Initiative:
Emma
Dominic
Ryan
Josh
Scribly
Dante
Casey
Hisei
Charred
M2-9

Ryan catches a Mightyena! You already have the stats.
15 damage to Hisei and Flinch.
21 to Emma and Flinch.
17 to Dominic (always assume DR is factored in)
24 to Scribly.
26 to Dante

GFawkes
2012-01-21, 12:49 PM
Emma shudders at the jolt of electricity flies through her nervous system. "Damn, must've cut a wire or bent something."

You OK?

"Yeah. Nothing but gumdrops and ice cream over here."

Casey tugs in the Mightyena's fur, attempting to irritate it.

Emma has 7 HP left. Joy.

Casey remains ready to intercept to M6

Moranica
2012-01-21, 05:22 PM
Another failed attack by Charred. What was that thing doing?!? All around him humans and pokemon were getting chewed up. This is bad.... I can't outrun them .... Charred is about to go down and my knife seems to hurt them, but I can't take on all of them. I could use some luck right now ... serious luck. ... why, they are all close together now .... maybe....

"CHARRED!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!! You're supposed to hit them!! .... AAAHHH .... this time, make it count! Smog on as many as you can see!!! .... without hitting any of the others!!"

"EVERYONE, GET AWAY FROM THE BEASTS!!"

Charred uses smog! at DE:56 [roll0] vs 5; [roll1]
Smog creates a 3-meter Blast. Smog Poisons all Legal Targets on 13-20 during Accuracy Check.
Scribly moves to I4 and stabs the mon. [roll2]; [roll3]

MintyNinja
2012-01-21, 05:35 PM
Being grievously wounded and unable to move Emma, Dominic backs away from the growling Mightyena.

Move to H9

Milo v3
2012-01-21, 08:22 PM
"I shouldn't be out here." Josh muttered to himself.

Josh noticing his chance dashed past the Mightyena to his left and right and circled around them ending near the edge of the clearing.

He then quickly pulled out a throwing knife and launched it at the Mightena closest to him and hoped it would strike the beast.

I've moved to 4K and I'm attacking M6.
Accuracy Check
[roll0]
If it hits
Damage Check
[roll1]+7
= 10 Damage before Defense.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-21, 11:47 PM
Cursing, Ryan looks past the Mightyenas and towards Hisei. It almost worked... but with one of them trapped, the others are desperate to protect it... And Hisei needs to get his bearings before he can do anything, let alone stop those flames... Grimacing as he shifts his arm, Ryan continues to look towards his companion for the past two years. Maybe... if I can cut him off from them... no. No, I'm not going to lock Hisei into one of these things... Watching the wolves, and gazing past them through the flames at the kitsune Pokemon, Ryan sighs, as he realizes... There's no other option... at best, if I don't, I'll probably lose Hisei. At worst... it could get us all killed.

Slipping his hand into his pocket, Ryan withdraws the other Pokeball he had purchased, and planned on using in his travels. A hiss of pain escapes his lips as he pulls his arm back, and lobs the ball forward, a whisper following it, unheared over the growls of the wolves and the crackling of the spiraling flames...

"Please... forgive me..."

...as the Pokeball impacts with Hisei.

Using my other Great Ball to retrieve Hisei - I'm hoping I don't have to make a capture roll, since Hisei is already my Pokemon, but I will if needed.

As for why... I simply will point out that a Trap move ends immediately if the user faints or is recalled.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-22, 12:13 AM
Things weren't going great, if they were going to survive it was time for a new tactic. Dante's Favorite: Bluff.

He darts past a retreating Dom to the edge of a smoke cloud that Charred had just set upon the majority of the hounds, grabbing a piece of wood from the campfire as he went.

GET BACK! He yelled at the top of his lungs GO ON, GET! GRAHHHHHHHHH!!! He continued to yell waving the stick at the smog in front of him as menacingly as he thought he could muster.

EVERYONE! MAKE BIG NOISES! STAND YOUR GROUND AND TRY NOT TO SHOW FEAR! THEY'RE JUST AS SCARED AND WOUNDED AS US NOW, WE CAN DRIVE THEM BACK!! And he continued to yell, flailing the torch in his left hand while banging his walking stick with it in his right.

Dante moves to G8, the rest we did in the OOC thread

Arcran
2012-01-22, 02:47 PM
The Pokeball connects with Hisei, and in the brief second before he is sucked into the small red orb, he stares straight at Ryan, the feeling of betrayal painfully evident on his face. Josh’s attack misses by a mile, sticking into a tree across the camp. Scribly’s attack on the same one is met with the same amount of success; the knife ends up bouncing off the thick fur around the Pokemon’s neck.
The wolves react to Dante and the fire hesitantly. The fact that they were injured badly as well doesn’t help their bravery, and they hesitantly step back. Then the smog hits them. The thick, black smoke surrounds the creatures, and from inside you can hear hacking and coughing from them. As the smoke clears you can see the one that was previously in the vortex of the flames has been freed. The Mightyena are hacking and coughing, apparently not feeling very good. With one final glare at the party, especially Ryan, they slink off into the night, disappearing into the thick shadows. Casey manages to roll of the back of his mount before they reach the treeline,
Two Great Balls lay on the ground, the spoils of the battle. Most of you are badly hurt; really everybody except Josh is suffering from at least minor injuries. The smoke created by Charred lingers in the camp, mixing with the smell of blood to create an acrid stench. The night is quite, especially considering the commotion that was occurring just a second ago. Once again, the night is peaceful. The battle hadn’t even lasted a minute, but it feels like an hour has passed.

3|t|t|t|GB2||Ca|||||||t|t|t|t|t
4|t|t|||||||Sc||J|||t|t|t|t
5|t||||||x|x|Ch||||||t|t|t
6|t|t|||||x|x||||||||t|t
7|t|t|||||E|||x|x||||||t
8|t|GB1|||||Da|c||x|x|||||t|t
9|t||||x|x||D|||||||t|t|t
10|t|t||R|x|x||||x|x|||||t|t
11|t|t||||||||x|x||||||t

Key:
R= Ryan
D= Dominic
Da= Dante
J= Josh
E= Emma
S= Scribly
Ch= Charred
Hi= Hisei
Ca= Casey
t= Tree
x= Tent
c= Campfire
GB1= Great Ball (With a Mightyena inside)
GB2= Great Ball (With Hisei)

Hisei is returned.
Mightyena flee!

Moranica
2012-01-22, 03:39 PM
Scribly stares into nothingness as the silence comes down on the camp. Then, his stare slowly shifts to Charred. Charred stares back at him.

[Scribly]
We made it. We survived once again ... At some point there, I thought we were all done for. They were hammering us down, dodgeing and negating our attacks like it was nothing. And you joined right in with their game, missing twice!! And then when our lives were truly in peril, you stood up and blasted the whole lot of 'm, hurting them bad enough to tip the balance in our favor and they fled. Do you plan all this? You seem to try hard, .... but it always goes like this. Do you like to see me get hurt? I don't know whether to thank you or punish you. This doesn't even things between us, not this.

[Charred]
It hurts.. , but I hurt them back. That'll show them. Scribly couldn't do sh*t with his knife. Relying on me to save his butt once more. As always. Will he ever change?

Then, without a word, Scribly walks over and starts tending to Charred's wounds.

Milo v3
2012-01-22, 04:46 PM
A sigh of relief came from the researcher as he saw the Mightyena disappear. He then began to walk forward only stopping on the other end of the clearing, thinking along the way.
I am useless in a fight. I really shouldn't be out here. I''m going to die. Then again I didn't get a scratch on me.That was probably a fluke though. Damn I need to capture a monster soon so I can stop being useless or I may aswell leave.

He then reached out and grabbeed his knife from the tree it lay in a pulled with what little strength he had.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-22, 05:48 PM
It worked... Dante thought I can't believe it worked. Oh thanks arceus it worked.
He dipped back into his tent briefly carrying with him a small plastic container. He walked briskly towards Emma, still twitching slightly meat the fire.

Hold still he said as he opened the case removing several items including a small metal blade he placed carefully on the embers of the fire. Wild animals carry diseases, we'll have to steralize some of these deeper wounds. Not to mention I'm not familiar with human annatomy as well as I could be, and I have no idea how your arm fits into your nervous system, sorry to bring it up but Ill need you to walk me through that part of it. he reached back for the blade, now red hot. Really sorry about this in advance. I've got some pain killers for after but your going to feel a bit of a sting in the meantime.

With that he placed the blade on a few of the deeper cuts, searing the skin with each touch. He kept muttering something vaguely sounding like "sorry" each time, rather like a intelligible echo. Then he poured some water from his canteen over them to finish cleaning, dressed the wounds, stitched her up and wrapped her up in the bandages.

When he finally finished he fell backward, almost into the fire, panting deeply. It took him a while to catch his breath. His heart was still pumping nonstop from the addrenalin gained through the battle and the minor surgury he just performed.

I'm way over my head here. I'm trying to help I really am buy I can't fiz all of them. Look at us. Most of us can barely stand. I can dress all the wounds, I can't even prevent them in the first place. I need... I need to be stronger!

He looked up at all of them and finally said So, what's the plan I mean, the watch system was effective. Without it we'd all be dead. Dom? Can you finish your watch? Do you feel up to it? Josh, you look the least injured. Think you can stay with him and finish up his watch? Then I'll join Ryan for the final watch. We can stay in a two person teams to finish out the night and plan our next move in the morning. Emma, here are those pills I promised. Take one now and one in the morning. You should get the rest. Doctors orders.

MintyNinja
2012-01-22, 06:50 PM
"You know what? No, I don't think I can finish my watch," Dominic said as Dante asked him. "Josh can handle it, all he has to do is wake the rest of us up if he sees something." His coveralls were soaked and in the light of the fire Dominic could see that what was once grey was now blackish red.

Without waiting for anyone to argue with him, he crawled into his tent and looked for his flask. It's pure enough, he thought to himself as he stripped off his bloody clothes. He bit down on his belt as he poured the alcohol over the deepest of his wounds. It burned as hotly as fire and it was all he could do to not scream. Eventually, after what felt to be hours, he wrapped his legs in another pair of coveralls, drank the last sip of vodka, and went to sleep.

Milo v3
2012-01-22, 07:18 PM
"Okay I'll keep watch."
I just hope that I don't screw this up and get us all killed.
Josh then sits outside his tent and begins writing notes on the Mightyena.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-22, 08:04 PM
Dante was stunned.

Dom? Dom had always seemed to tough. Like he always wanted to be in charge. But as he walked away, limping slightly Dante saw it. He'd taken him slightly for credit and seeing him now he didn't look much better than Emma. He was beaten and bloodied and tired and wet. Guilt washed over Dante as he watched Dom walk away without another word.

Josh spoke up confirming he was OK to take this watch by himself. So he said All right. Speak up if you'll need anything. How bout you Ryan? You were pretty in the thick of things. I'll be fine in final watch if you feel you need time to rest.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-22, 11:21 PM
Ryan scowls as he watches Hisei vanish into the fading light generated by the Pokeball, his expression one of anger and sorrow as he watches the Mightyena carefully. He barely registers the movement of the others as he makes his way across the campsite, first picking up the ball with the Mightyena, then walking over to Hisei's Pokeball, and flicking it open to release his companion.

"Hisei..." he says, a tremor in his voice as he looks at the angry, betrayed expression of his companion. "I'm sorry... I never... I never wanted to do that to you..." He sighs, putting the ball back in his pocket, and rummaging around for one of the bottles of medicine that he purchased to tend to his friend, while the kitsune just sits there glaring balefully at him. "It's just... if I hadn't... if I hadn't done that, we would've died... you would've died. It was the only way... I can only hope you understand that."

The Pokemon just continues to watch him for a moment, before turning his head away. Ryan sighs, fighting his urge to just scream at the Pokemon, to make Hisei understand, before walking over with the Potion. Kneeling, he says, "I know, I know, I deserve this... I'll make it up to you, though, I promise. Let's... let's get you taken care of, alright?" Hisei remains still, and doesn't react to Ryan's gentle touch as the elementalist gently brushes Hisei's fur away from his wound. A yip of pain escapes the Pokemon as Ryan sprays the medicine on the wound, before slipping the empty bottle back into his pocket.

Ryan sighs, stroking Hisei's fur for a couple minutes, trying to convey his remorse to the fox and unable to find the words to explain his reasons adequately. He only dimly registers the conversation around him... something about the watch, it seems... but his focus remains on his efforts to mend the damage to his relationship with his closest friend - the closest thing to family he has left in this twisted world. As such, he finds himself jolting out of his thoughts as Dante addresses him, and looks up, startled. "Umm... did you just ask me something, Dante?" he asks, the pain - physical and otherwise - evident in his eyes as he looks towards the younger boy.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-22, 11:39 PM
Yeah, sorry. Josh is taking first watch, Emma and Dom need rest. Are you ok on your own to do watch duty or do you need rest. I can help with the last watch if you'd like.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-23, 12:02 AM
"Oh..." Ryan answers, nodding. "I'll... I'll be alright. You can get some sleep. Just wake me when it's my turn for watch. Hisei..." Ryan sighs as he looks at the kitsune, and says, "Let's get a bit more rest, alright?" Ryan stands up and makes his way towards his tent. Hisei hesitates for a few seconds before following his companion.

GFawkes
2012-01-23, 01:21 AM
Emma was only vaguely aware of what was going on. She heard the faint voice of Casey in her mind say something about "over", but she couldn't really tell.

As Dante patched her up, she became more aware of her surroundings. With a groan, she sat up.

"Ugh. Do NOT want to do that again. Thanks for the help, Dante." she says, checking the mobility of her mechanical arm. "I'll need to spend some time repairing this. That thing must've crushed a resistor or something." She says, moving towards the tent. "Casey, you alright?"

Surprisingly, yes. I somehow managed to live through that. Though I still expect a favor for this.

"I'll keep that in mind. For now, come help me repair."

With that, Emma ducks into the tent, where a soft pop can be heard as Casey joins her.

As the only female, I'll assume that Emma has her own tent.

Moranica
2012-01-23, 09:53 AM
If Dante would have seen Scribly’s tending to Charreds wounds, he could have seen the interesting differences between a human and a magma pokemon. Scribly seems to wash Charreds wounds, but the steam rises from where it touches the pokemon. Cooling down the magma creates a thin crusty layer, under which the new “skin” develops. Protected from the elements. In return, Charred touches some of Scribly’s deeper wounds, seering them shut.

Another scar to add to my collection. It’s a brutal world out there, but I guess we live to see another day. I sure hope we can finish the mission though. Wouldn’t want to have to try again another day.

Then, Scribly approaches the others again, followed by Charred.

“Guys, I want to thank you. You all fought hard and I’m quite amazed we all pulled through. I’ll be laying next to the campfire, so Josh, wake me whenever you need a second pair of eyes. Let’s rest for now, we have a long road ahead of us.”

Having said that, he and Charred lay down by the fire. Only the bloodstains on his clothes and the rapid breathing show the stress from the passed hour.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-23, 03:28 PM
He stood there for a while. Watching everyone slink off until it was just him Standing there, watching Scribbly and Charred by the fire, and Josh sitting off on his own writing furiously into his notebook.

Some help I've been. he said as he looked down at the egg held on his chest. at least your ok. The others are right. I'm panicking. There's not much I can to do help right now. Ryan seems to want time alone. I guess he'd never put Hisei in a ball before.

He walked slowly back to his tent, looking up at the sky as he went.
This is troublesome. We're all one party. We can work together, we can help each other. But nobody trusts anyone yet. It's breaking down between all of us and even some of our partners... or maybe I'm over thinking things.

He put his kit away, layed his walking stick in the corner, Gently put his egg on his sleeping bag. carefully folded the holster and his clothes and got in his bag holding the egg, trying to keep it warm.

Tomorrows a new day. Things will get better.

Milo v3
2012-01-24, 08:30 PM
Joshua wrote only a paragraph about the Mightyena. He slowly placed his book back in his bag. And he waited. He waited alone in the darkness, unconsiously shying away from the radiance of the fire.

Once his shift ended he wandered over to Ryan.
"Its time."

BluesEclipse
2012-01-24, 08:59 PM
Nodding, Ryan pulls himself up from his bedroll, wincing as the motion pulls at his wounds. "Hisei..." he mutters, waking the kitsune Pokemon, "It's our turn for watch." Heading out from the tent, Hisei close behind, Ryan makes his way over towards the fire, sitting near it, sighing as Hisei remains near the tent entrance, watching him.

"I know you're upset, Hisei... I understand. I never wanted to put you in one of these things..." Ryan sighs as he takes the Pokeball - Hisei's Pokeball - out of his pocket, looking at it. "You deserve better. You've been there for me for so long... I've never thought of you as just some weapon, something to be contained. I just..." Ryan hesitates for a moment, looking over towards Hisei. Holding out his hand - the Pokeball still held in it - he focuses, orange-red light filling his eyes as the flames reach towards the ball, wrapping around it, but not touching it.

"I can do amazing things... things that mot people never could hope to do themselves. And I know you're capable of handling yourself. We've been through enough together that I trust you more than I trust any human alive... It's just that you were hurt, and the others... they couldn't handle those things. And I couldn't protect you... I wasn't strong enough to protect you. It... I didn't want this, Hisei. I really didn't." Ryan turns his gaze back towards the Pokeball in his hand, wreathed in flame.

"I... I'd understand if you want to leave... but I hope you at least can forgive me eventually. I just... I just wanted to keep you safe... I don't want to lose you, Hisei... you're all I have. If I had to do it again... if I had to, I would, if it meant protecting you from those beasts." Ryan watches as the flames lick at the ball, the heat drying his brimming tears before they can fall. "I... I don't know what I can do to make this up to you, but I'll find a way if you give me the chance. And while I think it'll help to have this - a way I can save you if you're in danger - if you want me to destroy it, I will. Just... just give me a chance to make this right, and I will, Hisei." Ryan looks up towards his companion, looking for some sign of forgiveness, of understanding.

Arcran, I'll leave it to you to decide on Hisei's reaction.

And as you can tell, Ryan's a bit... clingy... with Hisei. Given his background, I think it's understandable.

Arcran
2012-01-24, 09:36 PM
The Night
Josh
Your watch passes uneventfully. After the fight with the Mightyena, you earn some rest.
Ryan
Hisei looks up at you with large eyes, mesmerized by the flames around the Pokeball. Slowly, ever so slowly, he walks forward, constantly staring at the orb that had enslaved him. He nods downward, a motion you recognize to mean to lower your hand. As the Pokeball reaches him, he rolls it out of your hand quickly so as to avoid the flames damaging it. He sniffs it warily, then simply stares at it for a while, the hurt in his eyes painfully obvious. Eventually, he grudgingly noses it back to you before sitting down. He gives you a sad, pointed look as he does, but he could have easily destroyed it, but he didn’t. *He seems obviously unhappy with the arrangement, but he also seems to see that it saved his life. Hisei walks in a quick circle, knocking down the grass, a habit that must have remained even through the change, before laying down and taking some well-deserved rest.
GAHHH! Every time I write anything for Hisei I have to catch myself. For some reason I keep typing “she” instead of “he” and so on and so forth. I apologize in advance for the many times I will likely screw that up.

The Next Day
You wake early the next day to, once again, a light, misty rain dripping through the trees. It is fairly chilly, and the dirt in the camp is slowly turning into mud. Only a few signs remain of last nights conflict- a throwing knife in a tree, the occasional drop of blood on the ground, and of course, the aches and pains of those who participated in the fight. The forest is once again alive with life, especially the chattering of Bugs. The light filters down through the pines, leaving light shadows around the clearing. Fortunately, it seems like there is nothing lurking in the woods waiting to kill you at the moment. According to the map your trail will meet up with a freeway and take you towards a small town called “North Bend.” At a guess, it is likely a little before 8 AM, meaning you will have about 9 hours to travel before it is fully dark again. North Bend seems approximately 30 miles from Seattle. If the group of you are able to make good time, you should be able to easily make it before nightfall.

All:
Alright, remember for healing: CON or HP stat for 8 hours, 1/2 for 4. The group of you can either RP the morning or I can change to the road.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-24, 11:19 PM
As the sun rises, Ryan looks over towards the grass where Hisei is still sleeping. Smiling softly, glad that his companion chose to remain after the night's events, he pulls his canteen out, the familiar blue glow filling his eyes as the rain begins funneling into the bottle. I think things will be alright... Hisei understands, even if he won't quite forgive me just yet. His thoughts drift towards the Mightyena he caught in the battle, and he chuckles to himself. If I decide to try and train it, I'll have to be careful... I want to make sure Hisei doesn't get too jealous. As for the wolf... hmm...

He pulls out the Mightyena's Pokeball, looking at it pensively. His thoughts flash back to the battle... dark forms sihlouetted against the shadows of the forest, outlined by the flickering campfire. A creature, twisted, and seeming to embody the darkness, the shadows which it and its pack used so effectively... "Your name is... Kumori." Ryan whispers, smiling to himself as he puts the ball back into his pocket, before turning his gaze towards the sky. "Things will get better. I'll grow stronger... and I'll make sure I don't have to do something like that again."

Nodding to himself, Ryan stands up and walks over towards his tent, to begin packing up his things so he's ready when the group decides to continue onward.

Don't worry too much about it, Arcran... I actually do that sometimes, as well.

MintyNinja
2012-01-25, 12:02 AM
For a single moment after he awoke, Dominic couldn't remember last night. For a single moment he was blissfully thinking about breakfast and poker with the other guards. For a single moment more he panicked when the pain flooded his cramped limbs and the memories of wolves, fire, and teeth became more than twisted nightmares and actual occurrences. And then he was just tired again.

Dominic considered, seriously considered just going back to sleep and not moving for the rest of the day. But the thought of staying in the same camp in which the wolves attacked was not appealing. Then he could hear Ryan packing up in another tent and he decided it was time to get up.

With a groan of effort, Dominic pulled himself up to a sitting position and examined his wounds. All of his cuts and bites had scabbed over and the skin around the edges seemed a healthy pink. He had healed somewhat in his sleep and his muscles ached terribly, but he was alive and that was all he really needed.

After he redressed and packed up, Dominic took down his tent and sat by the fire. He chewed on a bun from his rations as the rest of camp roused themselves.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-25, 12:23 AM
Dante had felt awake for a while, but had stayed in bed eyes closed for a while. Eventually he heard the sounds of Tents being taken down and reluctantly he got up, dressed, packed his affairs and got ready to take his own tent down as well.

Then he walked over to Dom. Mornin'. Hope you're feeling better but when you have a chance once you finish up I'd like to check up on you, you left last night before I could try and patch you up, but I needed to sterilize the equipment overnight anyway.

MintyNinja
2012-01-25, 12:34 AM
"Hmm? Yeah, sure. That sounds good," Dominic said as Dante offered to look at his wounds. "Thanks again. Sorry I was short with you, but I was in no condition to stand a watch last night."

Milo v3
2012-01-25, 12:56 AM
Josh awoke startled, his eyes darting around. Nothing.

His mind slowly returned to its natural state as the young man stepped outside his tent. He looked around the camp. He could see D helping Dom's wounds, and he could see Ryan packing up his stuff
I guess I should pack up as well.

Josh watched Ryan as he packed up and mimiced his actions, not knowing exactly how to put away a tent without damaging it.

GFawkes
2012-01-25, 01:13 AM
Emma woke up and checked her arm. The Mightyena has cut a few wires with its fangs, but she'd been able to throw in a quick patch overnight. Wouldn't last forever, but she didn't have the parts needed for a full replacement.

"C'mon, Casey. Time to get moving."

I'm calling in my favor. Come see me again in an hour or five.

"Very funny. But I'm leaving with the rest of the group in 15 minutes, with or without you."

Just carry me and don't move to fast. Having an awesome dream right now.

Emma smiled. "I'll try."

With that, she placed Casey in her backpack, got dressed in slightly less bloodstained clothing, and headed out of the tent. Gathering her stray knives from the fight, she tucks them away and then moves on to packing up the tent.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-25, 01:55 AM
Don't worry about it, no offense taken. I wasn't being attentive to your condition and I took advantage of you as a, well lack of a better word, meatshield. Dante replied to Dom as he opened his med kit and set his tools out to his liking. Let's just fix you up. We've got a long day ahead of us and I'd like to keep my meatshield healthy. he said with a smirk

This is interesting he thought as he examined the wounds These look like they've already been sterilized. Nice to have a guy who knows basic treatment procedures. Wonder what he used to do it.

Guess I'll roll the Heal check here since I needed to respond to Dom anyway

[roll0]

Moranica
2012-01-25, 07:55 AM
As Scribly wakes up he feels refreshed. But then he looks carefully around him as he surveys the camp.

I don't recall having a peaceful night after such a battle. Travelling with other people sure turns out to be safe. ... Now, let's use the day we've been given.

He gets up and starts helping out with packing. Charred on the other hand just relaxes and watches the busy camp pack up. After all is packed he checks the camp, throws sand on the fire and leaves with the others.

Arcran
2012-01-25, 07:11 PM
You all manage to pack up and get a meal in as you hit the road. The ground in the forest is a layer of slowly rotting leaves and thick mud beneath. Progress is slow, but eventually you are able to put the woods and the horrors within behind you. Clouds lay out as far as the eye can see. As you exit, almost too quiet to be heard, you hear a long, mournful howl.
After a brief walk the map leads onto a road, likely a highway. In the two years since the attack grass has pushed up through the concrete, turning it more into a path than a road. The road is flat and smooth though, and your progress improves considerably as you begin walking on it. The rain continues to drizzle down, making the trip cold and wet. A small haze of steam surrounds Charred as the rain evaporates as it hits his burring skin. An unending stream of ever more creative curses comes from Casey, who apparently can’t sleep in these conditions and needs to share his displeasure with the rest of the party. Hisei walks alongside Ryan, constantly watching the Pokeball, never letting his eyes stray from it for more than a few seconds. The road is long and winding and more than once the group of you need to work your way around downed trees and power lines. Occasionally you see small neighborhoods, but most are lucky to have a house standing, much less a whole neighborhood. One neighborhood has smoke drifting off of it; whatever had been living there up until now is dead or has moved on.
After nearly two hours of walking, you slowly start to see more and more buildings intact. The occasional house, a trailer park. You pass a cemetery where there is a frightening amount of upturned dirt. Soon you can see the outline of some sort of town in the distance, and it seems in fairly good repair considering the end of the world and everything. Abandoned cars line the road, and occasionally you see a large number of bones. There seems to be a lot of single level houses as well. An auto parts shop near the outside doesn’t seem to have been picked to clean which means that there may still be a good number of supplies in the town. Small, purple rat-like Pokemon scurry around the streets, but part before you, keeping well away from the party. Besides the sounds of the rats and the rain, you are unable to hear anything. You are able to notice that the rats stay off the grass and after a while it becomes apparent why; one unfortunate to step onto the grass is almost instantly gripped by thick and pulled farther out by some sort of weed. It screams for a few seconds, and then becomes quiet. They seem to only grow off the road, not in the grass pushing through the concrete.
As you slowly advance, careful to stay off the grass, a small, weather beaten sign marked “North Bend” greets you.
Josh:
Rats are Rattata, weeds are Bellsprout.
All:
So, for an idea of where you are, Google Maps North Bend, Washington. Zoom in and go to the Southeast a little bit. You are adjacent with North Bend Auto Parts. Not quite in the city, but fairly close. Emma, your map labels a few of the stores, but that’s it. If you want to go anywhere specific to search for gear or something just tell me and I’ll tell you what you find. The map will take you down North Bend Boulevard North, where there is a few fast food restaurants at the end. Outlets north of that are mostly clothes, although there is a North Face one there that sells coats and such. If nobody wants to pick up food or supplies, then we can just head on.

Milo v3
2012-01-25, 08:02 PM
During his walk Josh realized something. He likes the traquility of light rain, but he hates walking in heavy rain. But he continued with an annoyed look upon his pale face. :smallannoyed:

This spirits were lifted though when he saw the rattata attacked by the tricks of the bellsprout. And while most was interest into the guile of the sentient plant, a small dark section of his brain enjoy the thought that the stupid rat was dead.

Then a thought appeared in his head.

"Hey guys you saw how that grass just killed that rattata. It is actually a pokemon. I was thinking... I could capture it..."

MintyNinja
2012-01-25, 08:09 PM
Dominic had been trudging along mindlessly when Josh explained his idea. Would be nice if the freakin grass wasn't out to kill us too, he thought, but Josh's idea had some merits. Like the unspoken fact that he really didn't do much of anything in the fight last night. A pokemon of his own might counteract his uselessness, that is if it doesn't kick his ass. Imagine that, getting killed by grass. Oh well, I've seen weirder. "Give it a shot. If you miss I'm sure Hisei or Charred will be able to bail you out," he said at last.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-25, 08:34 PM
I'm all for you trying. I'm very curious at how these work. Dante said toying with a pokeball of his own in his hand. I couldn't see Ryans catch behind all the tents and smog. Then he turned and said How bout you Dom? Want a rat or a weed? Could be fun.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-25, 08:45 PM
Thinking for a moment, Ryan shrugs, saying, "It's your call, I suppose. While we're here, we probably should see if we can pick up some extra supplies - maybe we'll even find some of the materials we need for the Pokeballs here." Looking towards the grass, Ryan thinks for a moment, saying, "If you do try to capture it, just be careful, alright?"

MintyNinja
2012-01-25, 08:49 PM
"From what I can tell, deciding to capture a pokemon with these machines is no light decision," Dominic replied to Dante. "If I do decide to capture something, however, I'd prefer it show more strength than weeds and rats."

Milo v3
2012-01-25, 08:52 PM
"Yes I wouldn't waste the orbs either. But these have some traits I will find very useful."
Joshua drew out an orb from his backpack. It was mainly blue but had a small amount of red on it forming a G symbol. He aimed this throw.

Knowledge then surged through his head. He looked for an advantage.
Aim at the target who was eating the Rattata, the bellsprout couldn't eat it whole and had to liquify it. It will be distracted giving me a small advantage. Also it is poisonous so it probably wont be expecting attack.

"Okay." He mutters. And with that he launched the orb towards the Bellsprout.

Here is my roll:[roll0]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Arcran
2012-01-25, 08:57 PM
The Greatball flies towards the Bellsprout, but somehow it notices the orb and a vine shoots out of the ground, neatly slicing the orb in half. The weed looks towards the party, its meal apparently forgotten. Another vine shoots out of the ground, wraps around Josh's ankles and yanks his feet out from under him. Josh lands on the concrete hard, flat on his back.
19 damage to Josh.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-25, 09:45 PM
Ryan looks at the weed that's latched onto Josh, and says, "It might work better if we weaken it... Hisei, light it up!" Hisei nods, launching a small fireball from his tails once more.

Hisei uses Ember on the Bellsprout. AC: [roll0], Target is Burned on 18-20. Damage: [roll1] Fire.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-25, 09:49 PM
Dante rushes to help Josh up. Easy there he says trying to surpress a smile How's that for power Dom? I'd say Josh can testify for it. You've got to admit that's what's kind of exciting about all of them. You cant underestimate any of them. Little walking Wraths of Nature the lot of them. Careful Josh I got you.

Arcran
2012-01-25, 09:55 PM
As the flames of Hisei's attack hit the small weed-like Pokemon, it lets out a shriek. The flames catch on to it, and in a few seconds it is no more. A small pile of charred black remains lay where the Bellsprout used to sit. There is an audible "pop" as the remaining ones above ground quickly retract their bodies below to avoid the burning flames.

Summary
You killed it! Like, actually killed it! XP drop of 270 for Josh, but since you have no 'mon to split it with you get 135. Ryan gets 270 to split between him and Hisei. Trainer can take up to 1/2, Pokemon can take up to 3/4.

Milo v3
2012-01-25, 10:01 PM
Josh's spine stung greatly the pain, his pack didn't soften the fall. But his hand did not reach for his back, his ankle hurt more. He stumbled as Dante helped him
"Thanks D. Damn I think it twisted my ankle, the universe hates me. And Ryan try not to kill it.... I still want to catch it.. Damn."

BluesEclipse
2012-01-25, 10:07 PM
Ryan blinks at the charred remains of the plant Pokemon for a moment, before chuckling. "Well... I suppose those things are easier to handle than I thought they'd be... I'll have to remember that the do not take well to fire. Sorry about that, Josh..."

Milo v3
2012-01-25, 10:12 PM
Josh cast Ryan a slightly hostile glance.
"They are plants. What did you expect?"

The wounded teen then gets up and limps over to the ashes of the Bellsprout. Slowly he starts to collect them.
"In death you shall serve me."

GFawkes
2012-01-25, 10:34 PM
Seeing the sliced PokeBall, Emma picks up the halves, examining them.

"You're lucky. I can fix this. It'll take a little time though." Emma says to Josh, pocketing the two halves.

Looking at her map, Emma notices several potentially useful stores and buildings. "There's an auto-repair shop ahead. If nobody minds, could we make a quick stop there?"

Will be using PokeBall Fix on the broken Greatball later. I figure being cut in two takes more than just snapping it back together to repair.

And should I have mentioned that Emma can detect moving PokeMon in a 50m radius?

MintyNinja
2012-01-25, 10:54 PM
"Not nearly as strong then, eh?" Dominic said as the plant burned to ashes. "Not to mention I didn't actually buy any pokeballs while at camp."

"Yeah, let's check out that repair place, see if I can't find some more coveralls."

Arcran
2012-01-25, 10:56 PM
Josh:
You manage to see a single leaf sticking out that seems irregular somehow. You have a feeling that it belongs to one of the weeds.
Strength check to uproot it if you want to try to get it out. Once we rap up this Bellsprout bussiness we'll move on.

Milo v3
2012-01-25, 11:22 PM
"Interesting. I wonder if this would work?"
He takes out another greatball. This time he doesn't throw it, instead he pushes it into the leaf, hoping it works.

Sorry this glitched out and I thought i lost my post so I made a second different one. Then I accidently deleted the wrong one. Please forget what I said in this and take what I said in my first post before I accidently deleted it.

Arcran
2012-01-25, 11:23 PM
You easily yank the Bellsprout out of the ground. It skwirms in your hand before turning to look you in the eye, small, seedlike eyes matching yours.

Milo v3
2012-01-25, 11:30 PM
I immediately swing forward with my tonfa at the small Bellsprout.
Attack Roll
[roll0]
Damage if it hits
[roll1]+4+2=7

Arcran
2012-01-25, 11:35 PM
The tonfa slams straight into the weed, smacking it in its bulb-like growth. A burst of spores shoots out, and you breath some in. All at once you can feel your muscles start to seize up.
You are paralyzed.

Milo v3
2012-01-26, 12:00 AM
"Okay I'm really starting to think someone is messing with me." Josh mouths to himself.

He then tries to strike again at the Bellsprout.

Paralysis roll [roll0]
Attack Roll [roll1]
Damage Roll [roll2]+2+4=

Arcran
2012-01-26, 12:02 AM
The Bellsprout pulls up its roots, easily dosging the slow swing. It sprays another cloud of powders in your face that burn as you inhale them.
You are poisoned too. 5 damage.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-26, 12:27 AM
Ok, now we should help him. Dante said but try not to kill it we might need it now. he directed to ryan as he jumped in to help Josh. He pulled up his shirt in front of his mouth and nose and attempted to pull Josh away from the small Plant type.

I don't know if Dante's capable of this but IC it seems like what he would try to do, so I'm just going to roll a D20 and see if anything happens

[roll0]

Milo v3
2012-01-26, 12:59 AM
Josh hacked and coughed, and he could taste blood in his throat. As Dante tried to pull Josh away he tried to move with him, realizing even though it will pull the Bellsprout with him. The Bellsprout wont be able to burrow away.

Josh then tries to reach into his pack and takes out a pink and yellow pokeball. He then slams it into the Bellsprouts face, hoping the force will allow it to activate as if it was thrown.

Paralysis [roll0]
Pokeball [roll1]-5= Never happened because of Paralysis

BluesEclipse
2012-01-26, 01:29 AM
Ryan thinks for a moment before saying, "Mind getting its attention, Hisei? And... try not to incinerate this one just yet?" Hisei yips and in a blur of red darts forward and around Josh, leaping in an attempt to ram the plant Pokemon out of Josh's hand.

Hisei uses Quick Attack on the Bellsprout(it's not Fire!) - AC [roll0], Damage: [roll1] Normal.

Arcran
2012-01-26, 10:28 AM
The plant takes the hit from the fox, its roots waving back and forth wildly. It shoots a cloud of purple spores at Hisei in retaliation, but the fox-like Pokemon easily evades them. The creature begins squirming in earnest in Josh's hand as he gets closer and closer to the street.
Nothing to report. Plant is now damaged!

Moranica
2012-01-26, 03:08 PM
Charred follows the spectacle quizzingly, looking at Scribly every now and then. Scribly looks amazed as well.

"I know Charred, guess they never seen these things before. It's quite a good learn for them though, so let it go for now."

Charred keeps looking on with interest, every now and then spitting out some embers if any nearby tufts of grass seem to move closer.

"Go ahead with the shops, guys. I'll watch after these...."

Milo v3
2012-01-26, 03:52 PM
"Okay. Your weaker now. Your out of your element. And we could roast you in less than a second and you'd end up like you friend. Now calm down."

If this succeeds, Josh then tries to reach into his pack and takes out a pink and yellow pokeball. He then taps it into the Bellsprouts face.

If this fails, Josh then tries to reach into his pack and takes out a pink and yellow pokeball. He then slams it into the Bellsprouts face, hoping the force will allow it to activate as if it was thrown.

Paralysis [roll0]
Healball [roll1]

Moranica
2012-01-26, 04:07 PM
"Oh boy, this is going nowhere. I have no experience with these balls, but I heard the weed should go in it. Charred, help out please ..... and without turning it to ashes."

Charred nods, for once, trainer and pokemon seem to agree. He walks up to just next to Josh and the weed. Then he turns up the heat. Embers fly up and around Josh and the thing, not harming it, but certainly giving it a good scare. After the firery show, Charred smiles menacingly at the plant and points at it, and then at the ball.

Arcran
2012-01-26, 07:32 PM
At first it seems as if the plant will once again break free, but then it sees Charred's display. The plant instantly stops struggling and accepts its fate, dissapearing into the orb.
Finally!
Bellsprout
Level 18
Venom, Male, Naughty
Moves: Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Stun Spore
Currently 1 less than max health.

Milo v3
2012-01-26, 07:41 PM
"Finally." He whispered as he orb lay in his hand.

He turned to the others and began to talk coughing the whole way through."
"Thanks. I finally have a pokemon. I might not be as useless anymore now."

Arcran I used a healball its should be fully healed.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-26, 08:39 PM
Dante helps pull himself and Josh up, panting slightly.

Well, couldve gone better but hey, Congrats Josh. Now that we have the Speciman we can go to the local pharmacy or the like and I can see if I can find or whip up something to cure you of those spores shot at you. Though I'd like someone to come with to help me with Josh since he's not looking so hot. And someone else should go find Dom and Emma and let them know where we've gone.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-26, 10:53 PM
Ryan nods at Dante, saying, "Alright, Hisei and I will help you with Josh. I suppose it's a question of where we want to meet up with the others at, then..."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-26, 11:45 PM
Good point... Hm, Josh would it be feasible for Casey to be able to contact us telepathically? Otherwise I was thinking a Restaurant or Pub of some kind. Get some food and pack as much as will keep for the Camp. Then we can go find the Pokeball Materials.

Milo v3
2012-01-26, 11:57 PM
"Well Casey's telepathy doesn't have a range for reading surface thoughts. So theoretically it could work. But he is likely not listening to the thoughts of anything that outside of a radius of his choosing. If he wasn't then he would probably have to hear the minds of anything with similar intelligence to him. Unless he let his radius increase because the only things of similar intelligence around are humans. So we have a chance that he can read our thoughts right now ambiently. Also I have a name for our latest companion. Nepenthe, it means without grief."

Arcran
2012-01-27, 12:04 AM
As Emma and Dom search the car shop, a horde of junk and treasure assaults them. There is still broken glass around the entryway, whatever door previously existed is now gone. A car sits up blocks, two wheels removed, the others still sitting on it. The hood has been popped open and most parts have been removed. The place seems to have been picked fairly clean, but there still seems to be some stuff you could salvage. At first you think you have found a whole shelf of car batteries, but all of them have the same two identical punctures and seem to be unusable. Just about any object that could conceivably be a weapon has been looted as well; nothing with a blade over an inch or two is left. But as the time adds up, the two of you start to find some things you could likely use. A roll of duct tape sits high on a shelf, well out of reach of most people. Three pairs of coveralls lay abandoned in what likely used to be the head mechanics office as well as a heavy rubber apron, likely used for welding. Pulling out the drawers of his desk results in a multitude of pencils, markers, and Post-It notes. Whole boxes of nails, nuts, and bolts lay almost untouched. Some searching on the floor finds you a wrench, two screwdrivers, and a crowbar. As Emma searches one corner she finds a trove of scrap metal; nearly any size imaginable lay piled across the floor. Some are sharp, but the majority seem to be useless for anything. A few metal pipes of various sizes also sit in the corner, but none of them reach a foot in length. But it’s not the scrap metal that is a treasure, it’s what was buried inside; a small, butane blowtorch that a quick test shows to work. Unfortunately it seems as if the pistons were taken with the car with the engine. The two of you are unable to find any food or a sewing kit, but a computer sits forgotten in the same room that you found the coveralls in. It’s not until the two of you have been searching for nearly an hour that you find something neither of you had even hoped to find; a five gallon jug filled with gasoline. There doesn’t seem to be much left in the shop, a few tires, some windows, plenty of scrap metal, and a small barrel of grease. The only things left of note are the rollers used by mechanics to easily get under cars, a socket wrench set, plenty of empty gas cans, a barrel of sawdust, and a barrel full of spent oil. Whatever scavengers came before you seem to have picked the place clean.
Take what you will and add it to your sheets. You spent about an hour and a half here searching and anything I listed is fair game. Everything else has been looted. After you guys decide what to take we can advance to the storage area.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-27, 12:04 AM
That's Fine. Scribbly do you think you could track Dom and Emma down? Then you can ask, or ask Emma to ask, Casey to telepathically call out to us and give us a place for them to meet.

Also, Fancy Name Josh, very optimistic approach. Little long though doncha think? Does it have a nickname?

Milo v3
2012-01-27, 12:17 AM
Josh looked down at the orb still in his hands.
"Umm... Its a lot harder to think of quick names once you learn so much scientific stuff....Nethe seems like a good nickname.... I think."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-27, 01:54 AM
Nethe huh? Sounds pretty, like a Poisonous Flower. I like it! More to the point we can probably store some of those spores to use as defenses in camp. You'll have to gain it's trust a little more though. But I'm sure he'll fit in just fine.

...She'll fit in just fine? I wonder if plant pokemon have genders? I wonder how if they still pollenate to keep up a population... I'll have to look into that.

Milo v3
2012-01-27, 02:00 AM
"Nethe is a male of its species. Don't ask me how I know that.... I just do. Also spores aren't all we can get from it. I can also extract its toxins. And your right I will have to somehow gain its trust. If I don't then it might kill me as soon as I send it out."

Moranica
2012-01-27, 08:43 AM
"Uhm, yeah, finding them shouldn't be to hard. Not to sure about her abilities though. What if we can't contact you? Even with Josh's killer weed [smiles jokingly], this is still a dangerous place."

"Dante, can you have Hisei leave scorch marks on the ground? It leaves an easy enough trail to follow and it leaves a kind of scent trail that isn't liked much by wild pokemon."

"Let's go Charred, let's find the others."

Scribly and Charred head off, while keeping a careful eye out, evading trouble.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-27, 12:53 PM
Well the idea is sound, but I can't ask Hisei to do anything. Better direct that to this man. He indicated to the man next to him Ryan, sound like something Hisei can do without trouble. Otherwise we can set a default spot that we have in case Casey can't reach us.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-27, 01:20 PM
Ryan nods, saying, "If it's something Hisei can't do, I'll be able to take care of it. So don't worry."

Moranica
2012-01-27, 01:21 PM
Of course, my bad. I keep mixing names. Huh, I've learned more names these past month, the rest of my life. So you're Dante and he's Ryan. Won't happen again.

Arcran
2012-01-27, 03:04 PM
Scribly:
You soon find Emma and Dom searching through an auto shop for supplies.
The group of you good to head to the storage?

Ryan and Co.:
As you attempt to reach the pharmacy for Josh, his condition only gets worse. He can barely take a few steps without falling down, and his breathing becomes more and more labored. After only traveling thirty yards he falls to the ground. A quick check shows that he is alive, but only just. He needs help, and soon.
Josh is now at -1 HP. I suggest you do something fast. Status fix items work on humans as well, which may be of use.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-27, 03:34 PM
Hang in the Josh, we're almost there, I promise. Ryan keep and eye out his conditions worsening, he needs to be treated like, Now.

Arcran
2012-01-27, 03:57 PM
As you look frantically for something to try to help, you see a flash of yellow out of the corner of your eye. As you turn to see it, it's already gone, but you see a small yellow vial that seems to be full of some sort of liquid. There is also a small note attached.
"Use this to heal your friend. Be careful next time, you might not get a second miracle. XOXO <3 Secret Admirer."

Arcran
2012-01-27, 05:29 PM
As the group of you carry your newfound supplies away from the autoshop, the storage comes into view. A small sign marked "Cascade Heated Self Storage" marks the location, but that's it. Only one building is still standing; the other four are charred black and soaked by the rain. There seems to be little chance of finding anything in those. The last has a large hole that appears to have been torn through the door. The lockers inside seem to still be closed, but a pile of junk towards the end suggests otherwise for at least one. Bones also lay scattered over the ground, and the trees near the storage are missing many branches.

Emma
Your scanner shows three things moving inside; two smaller ones and one that is considerably larger.

GFawkes
2012-01-27, 05:46 PM
As the group approaches the storage unit, Emma holds up her left hand to stop them. "Hang up, there's something in there that's mobile," she fiddles with her right arm a bit, "Three things, to be exact, one of which is bigger than the other two. Casey, would you mind?"

Yes.

"And you're going to do it anyways, because...?"

You'll leave me here if I don't.

Casey reaches his mind into the building, trying to target the bigger thing in there with telepathy.

We're about to bust in through the door. Should we have weapons sheathed, weapons out, or just attack without looking? he says to the large moving thing.

Telepathy insta-works on humans, and can't affect PokeMon of Intelligence that doesn't solve the following inequality

2<Intelligence<6

Arcran
2012-01-27, 05:51 PM
Emma and Co.
Casey:
Atttack? Weapons? Weapons are bad. You attack? ATTACK BABIES!?! NO ATTACK MY BABIES! GO AWAY BAD PEOPLE! thunders into Casey's mind.

A massive blue creature dashes out of the last door in the hallway, bellowing at the party. It takes a step forward, and roars again, its massive bulk filling up most of the hallway.

http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/dp_artwork/31.png

Moranica
2012-01-27, 05:57 PM
"Brings back memories, does it?", says Scribly to Charred as they pass the burned out buildings.

"Alright, this should be it. Let's get this over with and move on."

"Wow, look out!! Charred, trap it!! Quickly!"

"Run!!"

Charred launches a firespin at the creature, while Scribly start retreating.

Arcran
2012-01-27, 06:21 PM
The beast roars in rage as the flames swirl around it. It lowers its head and launches a sharp barb towards Charred, flying straight and catching the small Magby in the chest.
Map:
{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1|b|l|l|b||b|l|l|l|b
2|b|l|l|b||b|l|l|l|b
3|b|b|b|b||b|b|b|b|b
4|b|l|l|b||b|l|l|l|b
5|b|l|l|b||b|l|l|l|b
6|b|l|l|b|N|b|l|l|l|b
7|b|b|b|b||b|b|b|b|b
8||||||||||
9||||||||||
10||||||||||
11||||||||||
12||||D|Ch|E|Ca|||
13|||||Sc|||||[/table]
Key:
b= Building
l= Locker
N= Beast
Names are same as last time.
Initiative:
Emma
Dominic
Scribly
Monster
Casey
Charred

Summary:
21 to Charred
POST IN INTIATIVE ORDER THIS FIGHT

GFawkes
2012-01-27, 06:34 PM
"Casey, what did you say?"

Just the usual charm and wit.

Emma pauses for a moment, a look of terror briefly washing over her face.

"OK, let's calmly back away, then run for the hills." she says to the group, backing away as she speaks.

So, running away is what the plan is, right?
Backing away and dragging Casey with me to the squares right behind us.

MintyNinja
2012-01-27, 07:52 PM
"Yeah, that's not gonna happen," Dominic says as he draws his machete. "Let's surround it, you guys head right, I'll go left." Now this, this is strong. Who needs to play with Weeds when you've got a beast like that.

Move to 9B

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-27, 10:04 PM
Meanwhile at the Side plot

Who would- and why- Is it safe? What if it hurts him Dante's thoughts were flying a mile a minuet but were cut short when Josh starting shaking and foaming a bit at the mouth. Well, can't really hurt him more than he already is

Hang on Josh, this'll help... or kill you. Bottoms Up!

Dante used ??? on Josh

Arcran
2012-01-27, 11:22 PM
As the yellow liquid passes Josh's lips, for a second you think that he is still going to die. Than the convulsions get worse. He starts shaking frantically, foam flying everywhere. Eventually, he goes still. As you check for a pulse, it seems far improved from what it was a few seconds ago. Josh seems to have survived this time; hopefully he'll be so lucky in the future.
Josh is no longer Poisoned. Josh is no longer Paralyzed. Josh is at -6 HP.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-27, 11:45 PM
Ryan sighs, looking at his fallen ally. "Well... he seems stable, but I definitely don't like the idea of being out here in the open. Let's get him to the pharmacy... we'll wait there for the others."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-28, 12:27 AM
ohGodIkilledhimohGodIkilledhimohGodI- Wait, wait no that's a pulse. He-his breathings back to normal.

... OK. Ok I think it worked. Ryan was talking to him, it took him a second but Dante had heard what he said.

Yeah... Yeah that's a good plan. Alright, Gimme a hand holding him up and I'll follow your lead. Let's get him out of the open.

Admirer or not there's someone out there watching us, and that's sketchy as hell no matter who they are.

Dante swung Josh's arm around his shoulder and grabbed his opposite waist to lift him up trying to support his dead weight long enough to get to the Pharmacy.

Moranica
2012-01-28, 10:29 AM
" .... what?? That thing is huge!! And has horns and claws and stuff! .... that. .... are you nuts!!"

For a moment, Scribly freezes as if in serious doubt. ..... Then he charges the thing head on, knife thrust out in front of him. At the last second, he reconsiders though, as he realises the beast is further away then he anticipated. Turns out it's even bigger also!

"You are crazy!! But I won't leave you guys. Charred, set it on fire!!"

The barb still sticking painfully in his shoulder, Charred heats up again. His bodily crust once again pierced, the barb is burned to ashes by the intensity. This time the flames don't converge, instead Charred spits at the blue beast. A piece of hot, burning magma flies towards it.

Charred activates Blaze! Charred uses Ember! [roll0] vs 2 [roll1] (that's 16 sp att, and 12 stab)
If the Accuracy Check rolled is 18-20, Target is Burned.
Charred then shifts to A10.

Scribly to G9

Arcran
2012-01-28, 11:00 AM
As some of you try to retreat, the beast looks for a second like it may allow you to leave. But as Scribly rushes, it lets loose another bellow of rage. Another dart flies from it, catching Scribly in the chest. The child almost falls over from the hit, the dart biting deep into his flesh, almost dropping him to the ground. When Charred’s flames collide with it the beast only roars louder, struggling against the vortex of flames. It is still standing up, but just barely.
Emma:
Casey resists your dragging, staying in place. That dumb ass kid can’t take another hit! Nobody is going to be able to get there in time, so I guess its up to me again to save everbody’s assses! you hear Casey “say” into your mind before running-actually running-towards the beast.
Casey starts to run towards the beast and as he does he starts to change. He becomes taller somehow, he becomes more bulky. His eyes open wide- the first time any of you other than Emma have seen him open them. He looks more human by the second. Casey shoves Scribly to the side, standing straight in front of the beast.
You shall not pass! he booms telepathically, launching a ball of psychic energy at the beast. It catches the creature in the chest, the force of the blast knocking it to the ground. It doesn’t attempt to get up. Its chest is still rising and falling, but that is the only indication that it is even alive.

Map:
{table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1|b|l|l|b||b|l|l|l|b
2|b|l|l|b||b|l|l|l|b
3|b|b|b|b||b|b|b|b|b
4|b|l|l|b||b|l|l|l|b
5|b|l|l|b||b|l|l|l|b
6|b|l|l|b|N|b|l|l|l|b
7|b|b|b|b||b|b|b|b|b
8||||Sc|Ca|||||
9||D||||||||
10|Ch|||||||||
11||||||||||
12||||||||||
13||||||E|||| [/table]
Key:
b= Building
l= Locker
N= Beast (Not doing so good)
Names are same as last time.
Initiative:
Emma
Dominic
Scribly
Monster
Casey
Charred

Summary:
26 damage to Scribly.
Casey is now a Kadabra! Doo-doo-dooo-doody-doo-doo-doooooo-doo. (Evolution music attempt).
Casey learns Confusion!
To the victor go the spoils. Let the looting begin! I know what Dom wants, Emma likely wants more parts so she can fashion a Poke Ball Arm Cannon and whatever machines are laying around, but what does Scribly want?

GFawkes
2012-01-28, 12:09 PM
Emma stands stunned. Not only did Casey choose to do something without her nudging, but he had actually moved his legs, and had changed into...something. Walking over to his side, she manages to get herself together enough to speak.

"Casey, do you have anything to say about this interesting development?"

Arcran
2012-01-28, 12:15 PM
Caset looks you straight in the eyes. This, this is f*ckin awesome! Did you see that? I was like BOOM and big blue was like AHHH! I'm a god!

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 02:48 PM
The mind reader just got stronger... and knocked the hell out of that beast! Dominic thought as he watched Casey grow and attack in the same stride. Scrib looks pretty badly hurt, I'll have to check out the lockers first. He then got closer to Casey and Scribly, "So, no plan then? You okay kid? Casey... lookin' good."

Moranica
2012-01-28, 02:49 PM
Scribly looks shocked, he himself covered in blood. Charred also looking banged up. All because of the beast,.... the big blue beast.

"Whhaaaaaaaaah!!!", Scribly let's out a terrible cry of anger and shock as he charges at the now unconscious creature. He falls down next to it, banging it with his fist for several times. Then, he slumps into a heap. It is unclear if it is due to blood loss or the horrible scene and experiences.

Charred moves over to Scribly, eyes him for a bit and sits down. waiting.

Trigger: Make an unarmed attack on a wild Pokemon that leaves it with 25% or less HP remaining (Even if the attack's damage was 0) Make a 1d100 capture check. If another trainer or another trainer's Pokemon injured the target during combat, the roll receives a penalty modifier of +20. On a success, the Pokemon recognizes the strength of the Wild Child and agrees to become their Companion. This feature can only be activated on the third or later round of combat.

Moranica
2012-01-28, 02:53 PM
As Dominic asks about Scribly's status, he rolls over. While his face is still wet with tears, a focused grimace now ruins Scribly's good looks.

"I'll be alright, just need to look at my wounds and regain my strength. Go ahead, I'll be right there."

Then Charred and Scribly start treating eachother's wounds, while keeping a close eye on the blue beast.

GFawkes
2012-01-28, 02:59 PM
"While it was impressive, you're not a god. You still don't have the ability to play chess honestly." Emma replies to Casey. "And it goes without saying, but I'm not carrying you anymore."

Emma looks at the downed beast. "I wonder why it attacked? It seemed pretty peaceful until Casey spoke to it."

It said something about 'babies'. Casey broadcasts.

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 03:01 PM
"Okay, sounds good" Dominic replies to Scribly. "Casey, if it wouldn't be any trouble, could you keep watch on everyone out here while I go in, but also 'listen' if I need... uh, help." The last word struggles past his own lips as Dominic quietly climbs around the big blue beast, sheathing his machete. Dominic hears the mention of babies, but it doesn't seem to click as he goes in unarmed.

Arcran
2012-01-28, 03:03 PM
Ryan and Co.
It takes you awhile, but you manage to drag Josh all the way to the pharmacy. Unfortunately, the place seems to have been picked clean; there is barely anything left here. A few bottles of pills and thats about it. The only thing you think may be usable is a lone bottle of Advil laying forgotten on the ground.
I'll give Dante one more use of First Aid with what is left.

Arcran
2012-01-28, 03:05 PM
Dominic
As you crawl over the beasts body, you still can feel a weak heartbeat through its thick armor-like plates. As you reach the end of the lockers you find the only opened one. The metal door lays crumpled in a heap to the side. Faint whining can be heard from inside. As you look inside you are able to find to small shapes, one blue and one purple, huddled in a corner under a desk, shaking frantically.

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 03:18 PM
As Dominic sees the two shapes his hand reaches to his pocketed belt, moves past his machete and to his rations and pulled out an apple. His only apple out of all his rations, his stroke of luck back at camp. He presses it against the blade of his machete, always keeping his eyes on the little animals. He offers the sliced fruit to them, just outside of the locker and then he steps back. Casey, we've got two frightened babies in here. I'm offering food. I don't want to hurt these ones. If anyone comes in, make them be quiet.

Still don't have a ball... maybe pacifying them for now will reveal an opportunity soon.

Arcran
2012-01-28, 03:27 PM
The purple monster, the larger one, hesitantly walks forward, eyeing you all the way. When it is only a few feet from the fruit it leaps forward, skewering multiple slices on its horn. It runs back to the desk, and starts prying the apples off with the help of the blue one. Both continue to watch you even as they eat the food.

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 03:40 PM
"Okay, you're the brave one. Smart, too. Gonna be strong one day, strong like mommy..." whispers Dominic. Casey, send in Emma, I'm gonna need to borrow a pokeball from her. Dominc edges closer to the two little animals.

GFawkes
2012-01-28, 03:54 PM
Dom is asking for you, Emma. You go see what's up. I still cannot BELIEVE how much power I have in me. This could take some getting used to.

Emma walks in, seeing Dominic crouching by the two creatures. "You asked for me?"

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 03:59 PM
"Yeah, I'm gonna need to borrow a ball, maybe more than one if it doesn't work. See the purple one? That's going to be stronger than any weed I've seen, it just needs someone like me to direct it and keep it out of serious harm," Dominic says as he takes a few steps closer. When he gets into arm's reach, he holds out his hand, palm up. "C'mon big guy, I won't hurt you."

Moranica
2012-01-28, 04:01 PM
Seeing Emma entering as well. Scribly looks up from treating Charred.

"So, what's in there, guys?"

Arcran
2012-01-28, 04:02 PM
"Yeah, I'm gonna need to borrow a ball, maybe more than one if it doesn't work. See the purple one? That's going to be stronger than any weed I've seen, it just needs someone like me to direct it and keep it out of serious harm," Dominic says as he takes a few steps closer. When he gets into arm's reach, he holds out his hand, palm up. "C'mon big guy, I won't hurt you."

The tiny Pokemon leaps forward, horn pointed down towards the palm of your hand. Fortunately you are quick enough to dodge the hit, but the tiny Pokemon growls vicously at you, obviously wanting you to get back.

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 04:23 PM
"Oh, so you wanna fight? That's good, you'll get to fight a lot if you're strong enough," Dominic says as a grin breaks across his face. He takes his machete from his belt and tosses it to the side. He does the same with his carpenter's belt and get's closer to the purple one, hand out. "Let's see what you got, big guy."

Yeah, Dominic is the kinda guy that would wrestle with dogs... he's seen no evidence of these things being poison so he's willing to scrap with it. When the Nidoran attacks again, Dom will attack back with an unarmed strike (1d8+10, same as with the machete :smallbiggrin: ).

Arcran
2012-01-28, 04:31 PM
The Pokemon rushes you, head down. The small horn catches you in the stomach, biting much deeper than you expected. When it pulls back you can see its horn coated in blood. For a Pokemon that isn't much bigger than a chihuahua, it packs a punch. As your fist connects, it rolls the Pokemon multiple times, causing it to come to a rest next to a carboard box.
15 damage to Dom. Yes, this is after your DR. It critted you.

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 04:38 PM
"Emma, pass me the ball," Dominic says over his shoulder calmly. He stand up and walks over to the purple pokemon, the blood from his belly darkening his clothes. When he gets three feet away he stops and says, "Casey, can you please, politely tell him that if he goes into the ball not only will his pack be safe and happy, but he'll get stronger." And sorry about using you as a telecommunications center, but no one else is as powerful as you in that regard.

GFawkes
2012-01-28, 04:52 PM
Emma passes Dominic a pokeball, keeping an eye on the critter.

Please, no one else is as powerful as me in ANY regard. Woooooo! Casey replies to Dominic.

Moranica
2012-01-28, 04:55 PM
"Guys! Whatever you're doing. I don't think I can move anytime soon. Let alone carry stuff. Charred here isn't in much better shape. Mind if we rest here for the rest of the day?"

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 04:56 PM
Dominic holds the ball at ground level, unsure of what's needed to activate it hoping that Casey passes on his message. He's a fighter, definitely worth the wound if we can finish this with a new teammate.

When the time comes let me know when to do a capture roll and I'll gladly oblige.

GFawkes
2012-01-28, 05:00 PM
Can't contact that thing. Don't know why, but it's like trying to use a flamethrower to light a cigar. Casey replies to Dom

Yep, both Nidoran are too stupid for Casey to contact them. He can telepathically contact humans, and any pokemon with an Intelligence of 4-6. Nidoran has Intelligence 3.

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 05:04 PM
...Damn, Dominic thinks as the image of a flamethrower and cigar mutates into Casey and the purple pokemon. "Yeah, that's not a good idea. Okay, I'll see if he gets the picture on his own."

Dom will let him submit. If he doesn't, and decides to attack again Dom will dodge and try for a catch.

Arcran
2012-01-28, 05:08 PM
The beast leaps at you again, squealing as it does so. As it attacks, the blue one rushes for the door, attempting to escape. Dominic somehow manages to dodge the purple Pokemon, catching it in his arms.
The blue one continues running. With short stubby legs its not getting very far. Right now it is adjacent with Scribly.

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 05:13 PM
"Plans never go smooth," Dom says under his breath as he taps the purple pokemon with the ball. "Emma, another ball just in case. Casey, while you're out there, you wanna hold that other one still? If we get the mother back up she can calm them down."

Capture Roll: [roll0]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-28, 05:14 PM
Dante looks around at the barren Pharmacy. Damn, not much to work with.

Ryan, can you look around and see if you can find any information at all of surrounding medical centers. Hospitals, clinics, Private Practice anything. The Med Center at camp was kind enough to give me this med kit even though supplies are limited and I'd really like to have something to bring back. Meanwhile I'm going to try and use what we have to get Josh back on his feat. Hopefully Scribbly will find the others soon and see if Casey can contact us.

Heal Check!
[roll0]

Moranica
2012-01-28, 05:15 PM
"AAAHH!!" Scribly is startled by the blue thing and stabs it in self-defense, while yelling. "AAAHHHAAAHHHH!! Burn it! Quick, burn it!!"

Charred responds immediatly and let's loose a blast of swirling, burning death.

Scribly [roll0] vs 5; [roll1]
Charred firespin [roll2] vs. 5 [roll3]

Arcran
2012-01-28, 05:18 PM
The orb hits the purple Pokemon and consumes it in a flash of light. The ball almost instantly goes still, signifying a catch.
The flames quite literally turn the blue Pokemon to ash; there is nothing left when the flames subside.
All:
50 XP to split as you see fit.
Dom:
Lucky you caught that thing before it saw its sister incinerated...
Level 1 Nidoran (m), Rash, Rivalry

Moranica
2012-01-28, 05:21 PM
Now on his feet, Scribly quickly regains his composure as the small blue thing became a black pile of ashes.

"What the.. what was that. Some kind of miniture monster."

Scribly walks inside, followed by Charred.

"Now will you please tell me what's going on in her? I was nearly killed by a small version of the big blue thing!"

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 05:25 PM
"Good. Now for the other..." Dominic trails off as he watches Charred incinerate the poor blue pokemon. "What... did..." The words won't come. His hopes of keeping the little family together turned to ash in the wind. How cruel would it have been for his purple friend to have witnessed that? How cruel will it be for the mother to know only one survived? he thinks as he recollects his gear.

"Yeah... Scribly, you killed her young. Do you really think she's going to accept that only one of her babies survived? Do you really think that she's going to fight for you and protect you? Do you really think, ever?!"

Moranica
2012-01-28, 05:35 PM
"Her young? You mean she had babies? The poor thing, that explains why she hadn't run when we approached. What happened with the other one?"

"And whether or not she will fight for me, depends on how much she values her own life. If she won't submit, I'll be forced to kill her. We can't take chances with some vengefull blue beast trailing us. We already have these wolves to content with. Seeing one of her babies grow up might motivation for her to live."

Scribly shrugs and heads back outside. He never liked staying indoors.

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 05:40 PM
"I caught him. Right before you killed the little one," Dom said. "Let's just start opening these lockers up. Emma, you take those ones, I'll take these ones. Scribly can keep watch out there. Casey, it'd be appreciated if you also keep an eye out, thank you."

Tsar's staying in the ball until we're clear of the carnage.

Arcran
2012-01-28, 06:24 PM
Ryan and Co.
Under Dante's careful treatment, Josh slowly regains conciousness. He looks around bewildered for a second before promptly vomiting all over himself. And then vomiting again.

Babykillers
The lockers are tightly sealed; it'll take something to pry them open or bust them down.

BluesEclipse
2012-01-28, 06:27 PM
Ryan nods at Josh, looking around the pharmacy for a map, phonebook, address book, or anything that might have information about other local medical facilities. "I'll see what I can find, but if this place is any indication, we might not find much no matter where we look."

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 06:58 PM
After failing to find any open lockers, Dominic retrieves his machete and attempts to pry a door open.

Strength check if needed: [roll0]

GFawkes
2012-01-28, 07:01 PM
Emma looks at the lockers, then pulls out the crowbar and hands it to Dominic. "Maybe this will help more than your machete."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-28, 07:06 PM
:sigh: You're probably right. Easy there Josh-.

... Well, I'll go get him some towels or something from the staff room or see if anythings in the bathroom. We can leave as soon as he's ready. Thanks for checking though Ryan. Anything you'd like to do while we're here?

Just looking for some Fluff to clean Josh up, if you need a wisdom check it's here [roll0]

MintyNinja
2012-01-28, 07:06 PM
Dominic looks at the thin metal blade of his only weapon and then the thick width of the crowbar, "Good idea. In all the excitement I'd forgotten about that thing."

Arcran
2012-01-28, 07:16 PM
Ryan and Co.
You manage to find some towels left over in the staff area. As Ryan goes through phone books you find out that there is also a hospital about 2 and a half miles away.
Dante also finds a pharmacudical book with information about various pills.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-01-28, 07:21 PM
Here you go Josh, Dry up. You're Ok you got it all out. Once you feel up for it, and we get some sign from the others we'll go meet them. Otherwise we might have to go looking for them, what do you think Ryan?

Arcran
2012-01-28, 07:55 PM
Locker Looters
The lockers pop open fairly easily with the crowbar and you are able to get in quickly. Most are filled with junk that you can't use; mattresses, furniture, and holiday decorations. But you do find some things that would likely come in handy.
One locker has a gun safe which, with a little work, opens to reveal two pistols, a rifle and a shotgun. There are fifty bullets for the pistols, ten for the rifle and twelve for the shotgun. The same locker is also full of various machines; seems whoever owned it kept almost all of his supplies here. A riding lawn mower sits parked in the corner, and a weed whacker, leaf blower, and generator sit in the other. There also is a fishing rod with plenty of spare line. The only other thing of worth is a first aid kit that may be of use. Another locker contains a case of expensive looking wine and a blender, but besides that it’s just various chairs, desks, and furniture. It isn’t until you open the last locker though that you find the good stuff; a box full of fireworks. Firecrackers, rockets, roman candles, all of it. Except for various pieces of furniture and holiday decorations, and lots of photographs there doesn’t seem to be much left.
Pistols will hold 8 shots, shotgun will hold 5, rifle will hold 6. I look forward to seeing how you all plan on using this stuff.