PDA

View Full Version : Request: Fangs of the Hawk (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-11, 05:41 PM
Fangs of the Hawk (Fighter)
Prerequisites: Int 13, Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm
Benefit: You gain the ability to make a disarm attack with your teeth. This functions like a normal Disarm check, except your opponent gets no special benefits from Size or from wielding a two-handed weapon. If you succeed on your Disarm check, you grab the weapon out of your opponent's hands, holding it tightly in your teeth, until you drop it (a free action) or draw it and wield it (a move action).

You may attempt to attack with the weapon in your teeth, taking a -4 penalty to your attack rolls for using the weapon in an improvised manner (however, since you are not using the weapon in the way it was meant to be used, your proficiency with it is irrelevant, and you take no penalties for wielding a weapon you are not proficient with in your teeth). If the weapon in question is a two-handed weapon, you take a further -2 penalty to your attack rolls with it, and can only add your full Strength modifier to your attack rolls instead of 1 1/2 times your Strength modifier.

If you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you may treat a weapon you wield in your teeth as an off-hand attack. (This allows you to use the Two-Weapon Fighting feat while wielding a shield or using a two-handed weapon with your main hand). However, this does not let you use more than one off-hand attack for your Two-Weapon Fighting feats (It doesn't stack with you wielding two weapons)

If you have the Multi-Weapon Fighting feat, you may treat your mouth as a limb for the purposes of that feat. This feat also lets you qualify for the Multi-Weapon Fighting feat as if you had three arms (providing you have two real arms in addition to your mouth)

Normal: Attempting to do anything that is explained in the text of this feat will provoke the DM into throwing books at your head.

Amechra
2012-01-11, 05:43 PM
You know what, I'll say it...

I love this piece of Seraphi Homebrew(tm)

It is perfection for a THREE WEAPON FIGHTER!

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-11, 05:45 PM
You know what, I'll say it...

I love this piece of Seraphi Homebrew(tm)

It is perfection for a THREE WEAPON FIGHTER!

Haha. You had to specify the "this piece" part, huh? That's the most backhanded compliment I've ever gotten on this site.

And yes, it is good for all the Roronoa Zoro fans out there.

Edit: Clarified something though: You can only use it with two other weapons if you have the Multi-Weapon Fighting feat. If you have the TWF feat, you can't get multiple off-hand attacks per round.

Amechra
2012-01-11, 06:09 PM
Haha. You had to specify the "this piece" part, huh? That's the most backhanded compliment I've ever gotten on this site.

And yes, it is good for all the Roronoa Zoro fans out there.

Edit: Clarified something though: You can only use it with two other weapons if you have the Multi-Weapon Fighting feat. If you have the TWF feat, you can't get multiple off-hand attacks per round.

Sorry; I only specified that because I

a. Like to be extremely specific in my compliments.
b. Have not read all your stuff, so don't have an overarching opinion
c. Have had... disagreements with some of your 'brewings in the past. Yes, actual fistfights.

And that was a good clarification, though I'm still gonna use it to dual-wield a pair of Greatswords, for some Power Attack goodness. (yes, I am aware of the ABYSSMAL chance to hit; so sue me.)

bobthe6th
2012-01-12, 10:31 AM
Point of intrest, hawlks have no fangs. Or teath for that matter.

Just saying, why! And now I want to build the penta weilding thrikeen...(add soul eater for some crazy fighting)

Cieyrin
2012-01-12, 10:42 AM
Not sure how this feat helps with living your Roronoa Zolo fantasies, as it doesn't enable Multiweapon Fighting, it just enhances it provided you already have it as currently written. You still have to find a way to get a 3rd limb to get it initially, which makes this a 4th limb, which I suppose has its own perks. I guess Dragon Tail + Prehensile Tail will be the path of choice into Multiweapondom for the time being...

Igneel
2012-01-12, 11:32 AM
Not sure how this feat helps with living your Roronoa Zolo fantasies, as it doesn't enable Multiweapon Fighting, it just enhances it provided you already have it as currently written. You still have to find a way to get a 3rd limb to get it initially, which makes this a 4th limb, which I suppose has its own perks. I guess Dragon Tail + Prehensile Tail will be the path of choice into Multiweapondom for the time being...

Or I believe you can grab the Gluttony domain for a bite attack, and there is a Dragon magazine somewhere that has 'Mouthpick' weapons that can be used by creatures with a bite attack like a human holding a weapon in their hand. Some people have done this in past 'Build that Media character into DnD' threads, so I guess it works.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 01:19 PM
Point of intrest, hawlks have no fangs. Or teath for that matter.

Yes, but the anime this is referencing, Berserk, is about a group of mercenaries known as "The Band of Hawk".

Fair point. I have added text enabling this feat to let you qualify for Multiweapon Fighting.