PDA

View Full Version : Is This 'online job' legitimate?

Torapart
2012-01-11, 07:07 PM
Hello,

I'm rather new here - but I've lurked the forums quite a while. I'm asking advice for a friend who is in a pretty bad spot of trouble. She's trying to find a job she'll actually be able to manage to do - and came upon this. Capital Online Revenue (http://capitalonlinerevenue.com/D047/info.asp).

Would anyone be able to tell how legitimate it is? I've seen similar things, but never looked into success rates.

Pie Guy
2012-01-11, 07:14 PM
Looks like a scam to me, but I'm not an expert.

Suicidal Charge
2012-01-11, 07:18 PM
They appear to have purchased the domains 'www.capitalonlinerevenuescam.com', 'www.capitalonlinerevenueripoff.com', and 'www.capitolonlinerevenuereview.com'. Because, y'know, I doubt anyone would buy a domain purely to extoll the virtues of a product.

thubby
2012-01-11, 07:25 PM
the site tries to prevent you from leaving. its a scam.

Torapart
2012-01-11, 08:10 PM
Makes sense to me. Thanks.

DeadManSleeping
2012-01-11, 08:11 PM
*reads topic title*

Nope.

Welcome to the internet!

RS14
2012-01-11, 08:22 PM
"one-time-payment of just $47.00!

That's all you need to read. Scam.

Anxe
2012-01-11, 08:36 PM
Just googled capital online revenue scam and got this:
http://www.workathometruth.com/not-recommended/2011/06/06/capital-online-revenue-review-of-red-flags/

It looks like the company works around people paying to use their software. The software probably allows you to sell things or place advertisements online. It could be lucrative for some people, but most people would find the software confusing and useless. It's a scam, not because its not offering you something in return, but because it doesn't fully explain what it is offering you. I wouldn't go for it if I was anyone. Whatever software its offering you, it should be offering in a more transparent way. It probably means the software is bad.

Balain
2012-01-12, 12:43 AM
Any potential job where you have to order something seems like a scam to me.

Tyndmyr
2012-01-12, 01:35 PM
the site tries to prevent you from leaving. its a scam.

This and the format of the site scream scam. I spent perhaps five seconds on it before concluding that it could not possibly be legit.

Real jobs pay you money, not the reverse. Also, they generally explain in simple, clear terms what it is you're actually doing.

Cespenar
2012-01-12, 06:37 PM
Also, as a rule of thumb, all "online job" ads you see are scams. All of them.

Siosilvar
2012-01-12, 06:49 PM
Anything that specifically tells you the income examples "are representative of some of the most successful participants in the program", that the author is using a pen name, or that "this story is based upon the real life adaptation of the parties involved" should throw up MAJOR warning signs immediately.