PDA

View Full Version : Big thing in a small package. (Build help please.)

Metahuman1
2012-01-11, 07:24 PM
Ok. So I'm trying to put a character together for a Tristalt game being held on the boards on this site.

The idea is I want to play a character that is Fine sized and focuses on Unarmed combat with a heavy focus on Cha.

So, here's what I'm thinking of doing, and so far the DM seems to think this would work fine. Were starting at 6th lvl and no, I have as yet not generated stats for the character as I'm trying to figure out what I want/need to do to make it work before hand.

Take Petal (MM III) for the base race. I may look at a template or two for it but haven't given any though to that part of the build yet.

Then class levels.

Urban Ranger 1/ Spirit Lion totem Barbarian 1/ Warblade 4/// Petal LA 2/ Paladin 2/ Battle Dancer 1/ Cleric 1 /// Sorcerer 6.

I figure I can take Travel Devotion and something else moderately useful in the way of domains form the cleric dip, and between that, Sorcerer casting, Extra Ordinary Flight, Martial Maneuvers, Pounce, and a few choice buffs and Max ranks in tumble, I should have everything I need to be able to get close to the enemy and hit them either one really big time or with several smaller but still painful attacks.

Urban ranger is there to help give me skill points to make it into PrC's, get the track feat, and get the favored environment class feature. The game is being centered in a city, so I figure if I take Power attack, Favored Power attack, and Favored Environment: City/Urban area (which ever it was.), I'll have the ability to consistently do 3 to 1 power attacking no matter what else is going on. Since I'm a really small character in need of extra damage, that's important.

Paladin and Battle Dancer (Will make it work in the back story.) are there to grant me Cha to Saves and AC. I plan on taking other things to get Cha as a boost to other areas such as attack rolls and damage.

So, now that we know what I have, here's were I need some input and advice.

Spells: I'm thinking one or two choice save or lose/suck/die's per spell level, one or two utility spells so I have something to do outside combat, and the rest should all be either touch attacks or self Buffs. Could use help figuring out how to get them to last longer in between combats though given how Meta Magic is not nearly as kind to the Sorcerer as it could be.

Maneuvers: I've got an idea for using Mainly Stone Dragon and White Raven. Is this a trap? I think if I have that and dabble a bit into Iron heart I should be fine, but again, input appreciated.

Magic Items: Want to stay mostly unarmored, want to stay unarmed, need some help beyond this.

Feats: REALLY need advice here since I'm trying to strike a balance between not neglecting my spell casting, getting into PrC's that will be useful, and getting direct Benefit to combat.

Damage increases: Here's my biggest issue.

I have Greater Mighty Wallop

Improved Natural Attack

And a Necklace of Natural attack with the Sizing Property and a pair of Strong Arm Bracers.

I need more effective size increases to make my damage count when I land those hits. Touch spells and Power attack and Maneuvers help this some, but More help is defiantly needed as I can't think of anything else I can use that doesn't involve actually playing a larger character.

Lastly: Cha SAD. I've got it to AC and Saves Once each. I want to get it to hit and damage, could use some help figuring out how to do that. Like I said, I want to try and be as undependant on more then one attribute as possible.

Thank you for the assistance Playground. I know it's a tall looking order.