PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Statting the White Witch

legomaster00156
2012-01-11, 09:36 PM
So, it occurred to me tonight that much of the final scene/chapters of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe could be summed up with D&D terms. For example, when Edmund attacked her wand, he was attempting a sunder without the Improved Sunder feat, causing him to provoke an AoO that took him down to 0 HP.
But just how would you stat out the White Witch? Here are things we know about her:

Spoilers! Seriously!
Two-Weapon Fighting feat
Some sort of feat allowing her to use her wand as a weapon
Shares a bond with wolves
Caused eternal winter in Narnia, until countered by deific power
May be brought back to life with the spilling of noble blood
Possesses a Wand of Flesh to Stone (an Epic item), a sword, a sacrificial dagger, food which is capable of Charming someone when eaten
MIGHT be capable of turning into a snake (if she is the Lady of the Green Kirtle)

Personally, I would place her as a Pathfinder Witch, though I am not certain of her exact build. Well, let's brainstorm, Playground!

Vinyl Scratch
2012-01-11, 09:55 PM
About the eternal winter fun, there is actually an epic spell in Frostburn, adequately called Ice Age, which causes a permanent decrease in temperature and even causes a permanent blizzard. Also using a wand as a weapon can be achieved with the Wandstrike feat.

Crasical
2012-01-11, 09:59 PM
Two-Weapon Fighting feat
Some sort of feat allowing her to use her wand as a weapon
Shares a bond with wolves
Caused eternal winter in Narnia, until countered by deific power
May be brought back to life with the spilling of noble blood
Possesses a Wand of Flesh to Stone (an Epic item), a sword, a sacrificial dagge, food which is capable of Charming someone when eaten
MIGHT be capable of turning into a snake (if she is the Lady of the Green Kirtle)

TWF
Wandstrike?
Wild Cohort feat/Wild Empathy?
Fimbulwinter spell?
Some kind of houseruled potion of Charm Person?

Zale
2012-01-11, 10:08 PM
I wonder what race she would be..

She's supposed to be half jinn and half giant in the books.

Crasical
2012-01-11, 10:14 PM

....And I thought ridiculous race combinations where a DnD Player invention. :smallwink:

legomaster00156
2012-01-11, 10:17 PM
Well, isn't this perfect. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/archetypes/paizo---witch-archetypes/winter-witch) Add to this the Winter patron, and we've just about got her class covered.

Daftendirekt
2012-01-12, 02:48 AM
MIGHT be capable of turning into a snake (if she is the Lady of the Green Kirtle)[/SPOILER]

Haha, yeah, if you're referring to the old BBC series, the same lady played the White Witch, the hag from Prince Caspian, AND the Lady of the Green Kirtle. She did a good job, though. I honestly like her (and the series as a whole) better than the new one(s).

legomaster00156
2012-01-12, 11:49 AM
Haha, yeah, if you're referring to the old BBC series, the same lady played the White Witch, the hag from Prince Caspian, AND the Lady of the Green Kirtle. She did a good job, though. I honestly like her (and the series as a whole) better than the new one(s).
No, I was referring to the actual books.

Ravens_cry
2012-01-12, 12:17 PM
No, I was referring to the actual books.
She might have been related in the way, but I don't think, I could be wrong, the Lady of the Green Kirtle, was meant to be the White Witch.
@legomaster00156
Eh, aside from turning Narnia into winter (and never Christmas!), there wasn't much she did that was explicitly snow and ice related.
She did make frequent use of an equivalent to Flesh to Stone for example, and also a modified Create Food and Drink with addictive properties.

hamishspence
2012-01-12, 01:34 PM

Mr Beaver (the source of this) is not necessarily well informed though.

In the second last book to be published (The Magician's Nephew) we see her original realm (a different planet, called Charn- possibly in a different universe).

She had an epic "Kill all life on the planet except me" spell in that (The Deplorable Word) as well as a powerful disintegrate spell. Though she's not able to use these spells when she's brought to Earth.

umbergod
2012-01-12, 02:07 PM
im curious to see her statted up >.> and now I wanna re-read those novels. I loved em as a kid, I should watch the movies

legomaster00156
2012-01-12, 02:07 PM
Mr Beaver (the source of this) is not necessarily well informed though.

In the second last book to be published (The Magician's Nephew) we see her original realm (a different planet, called Charn- possibly in a different universe).

She had an epic "Kill all life on the planet except me" spell in that (The Deplorable Word) as well as a powerful disintegrate spell. Though she's not able to use these spells when she's brought to Earth.
The Deplorable Word sounds like a Truename, to be honest (Truename of the entire world). Now if only Truenamers in D&D could do something like that.

Ravens_cry
2012-01-12, 03:02 PM
The Deplorable Word sounds like a Truename, to be honest (Truename of the entire world). Now if only Truenamers in D&D could do something like that.
Narnia has a quite a bit of word style magic. Aslan literally sings the world of Narnia into existence in The Magicians Nephew.

tuesdayscoming
2012-01-12, 03:35 PM
The charming foodstuffs can be pulled off with the Shadowcraft Cookie trick.

Basically, Spell Thematics (http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-guide-to-faerun--22/spell-thematics--2714/) (food) + Shalantha's Delicate Disk (http://dndtools.eu/spells/lost-empires-of-faerun--30/shalanthas-delicate-disk--1557/). Allows you to make cookies with any spell of level ≥5. The spells take effect when the cookie is broken.

The original build used Shadowcraft Mage to get around the costly material components of the spell, but this is not necessary if its a 'once in a while' trick.