PDA

View Full Version : Seraphi Homebrew(TM) Official Brew Request Thread (Closed)

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-11, 10:58 PM
Due to RL complications, I will no longer be accepting official requests, though I may consider requests on occasion if they were PMed to me.

So, hit me, Playground. Got something you'd like made into a class, a race, a spell or an item? Lay it on me. Unless it's a reference to some media that I'm not familiar with, I'll cross my arms and go "Challenge Accepted!"

The Rules:
1. Please, check my homebrew signature first before you ask me to make a class for you. I have submitted over 100 different pieces of homebrew, so there's always a chance I might have already made something similar to what you want.
2. Anything goes, as long as it is within the forum rules (I don't think I need to explain what that means). Base class, prestige class, monster class, monster, race, spell, whatever. Humorous, serious, psionic, divine, arcane, incarnum, initiator, sweetness abound.
3. I refuse to make homebrew that copies, emulates, or steals from another person's homebrew without the creator's permission. (For example, if you wanted something based on the amazingly popular Ozodrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536) base class, or even just using Form Point mechanics, you would need to ask Owrtho for his permission before I would even consider it)
4. Please be patient. I'd like to be cocky and say something like "You'll have it in a week, guaranteed or your money back!" but I do have other stuff going on too. I have no idea if this will be popular or not, but please don't flame me if it takes me a while to finish your request. (A polite PM/post reminding me is fine, and appreciated, but please, keep it civil)
5. There is a Rule 5, because there is always a Rule 5. I just can't remember what it is right now.
6. Please provide as many details as possible, to help me ensure that I can get as close to your original idea from the get-go. For example, if you wanted a bard prestige class based on playing music so catchy it animates bones and causes them to fight for you, say that, instead of just "bardic necromancer". The more specific you are, the more likely I am to not screw your request up.
7. I will try to be fair, and meet everyone's requests as best I can. If you submit multiple requests in a single post, I will focus on the one that I think I can do best, and after I finish it, move on to help someone else. That does not mean that I won't come back to your other requests later, just that I want to try and answer everyone at least once first before I start doing second and third requests.
8. I only do 3.5 material. No Pathfinder, no d20 modern, no 4.E, and no non-D&D. I don't know other systems well enough to even try.

Requests Completed
1. Noctis Vigil- Werellama (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228613)
2. Kenneth- Mounted Comet Striker ACF (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201509)
3. EdroGrimshell- The Spirit Blade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12521232)
4. Amechra- Alternate Psion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228657)
5. Delegreg- The Temptress (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12519495)
6. TravelLog- The Ruler of the Way (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12522539)
7. Scrambled Brains- Poisons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12522912)
8. Elfstone- The Darkstalker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12524294)
9. bobthe6th- Domains (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228849)

Requests Pending (Repeat Customers Don't Get on This List Unless it's Empty)
1. The Witch-King- Technomancer
2. peacenlove- Shadowcaster/Favored Soul Theurge
3. McCarter11- Spontaneous Initiator
4. fye121- Nen Base class
5. togapika- Hippo PrC
6. Circle of Life- Aspects of Nature Base class
7. flabort- Minionmancy base class
8. efextar- Paper-based Base Class

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-11, 10:59 PM
The one that started it all...

Well I'm starting to become a fan of Seraphi homebrew, especially your Sharpshooter and now the Duelist, so I'll contribute.

LOVE THE SERAPHI HOMEBREWS! Bring on the tankards, this one is worth drinking! O.O

GAAAHHH, I love Seraphi Homebrew!

Gotta love that Seraphi Homebrew(TM).

I love Seraphi Homebrew (TM). Seriously, this class is wicked. I want to play it.

Then again, I love Seraphi Homebrew in general...particularly your brawler

You know what, I'll say it...

I love this piece of Seraphi Homebrew(tm)

Seraphi Homebrew (TM) is a revelation. If you're going to check out one piece of Homebrew this season, make it his. From start to finish, Seraphi Homebrew (TM) is a spellbinding journey, one of such magnificence and grandeur that I've not seen it's like since the 'Brew Revolution of 2008. While many claim the title of "Homebrewer", few do so with the skill and grace of Neo Seraphi, a friend and, I say without hesitation, an artist.

Sit, my children, and listen, as I tell you a tale of glory and heroism.

There once was a time when Wizards were real Wizards, Fighters real fighters, Druids real buffers and scouts and beatsticks with pet beatsticks and Monks slightly more suckful than they are presently. The world was rife with the terror of class imbalance, and the people cried out to the gods who created them "WHY! What did we do wrong to deserve Druid+Natural Spell in the same books as the Monk? Why have you done this to us?" Then Lo, out of the clouds that covered the sun, fell a man. And a laptop. His name was NeoSeraphi, and he brought with him a new dawn of homebrewing the likes of which has never before been seen, aside from maybe the aforementioned 'Brew revolution of whenever.

Ok, so, he's really good.

Now brush your teeth and get to bed.

Seraphi Homebrew(TM) is simply incredible. Every thread has you at the title, caught and forced to read the OP thoroughly. Its creativity, ingenuity, and sheer audaciousness is awe inspiring. Each work a masterpiece, every key stroke perfect, every wording complete and without loopholes. Few rival Neo’s depth and number of brews, all of them created with the same passion. Without a doubt, Seraphi is a master of his trade. If you have a chance to play any of his classes, I would be befuddled as to why you would not. If I ever post any homebrew, I hope it will be half as good as any of his

I love NeoSeraphi homebrew (TM) ^^ Thank you for all your work.

I must say this : "I love Seraphi Homebrew (tm) too !"

NeoSeraphi HomebrewTm Is full of creative joy and balance. There is just something for everyone.

NeoSeraphi. Homebrewer for the playground.

First off, I'd like to start this post with an enormous thanks to NeoSeraphi. In addition to being an enormously talented homebrewer, I've come to know that he's a legitimately good guy, too.

After all, doesn't everyone love that Seraphi HomebrewTM?

This? This made me want to make a fighter again. my blaster is humbled by the concept. NeoSeraphi Homebrew (Tm) has won me over.

i wish to join the fan club,because I just love Seraphi Homebrew™

I just can't help it; I just love Seraphi Homebrew™, it's just so wonderful.

This is my favorite of homebrewed class of all time, and I love Seraphi Homebrew! Feel free to add me to your fan club. :smallwink:

These are cool. Very cool. I am now a fan of Seraphi Homebrew TM

bobthe6th
2012-01-11, 11:07 PM
I have had this idea for a summoner rolling around for a while... and i would like to see if you could make something great from it. I liked the idea of soul gems from Relms of chaos's ashen necromancer, and already have permison
look, documentation!

I have an idea for a summoner base class, and would like to borrow some of the mechanics of your ashen necromancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72954)
specifically the soul gem. was planing on making it a similar class based on astral construct. with the main mechanic being capturing animals and magical beasts, then making them into summonable minions.

Sure. Give a small link at the bottom of your post and it's all good. :smallwink:

was planing on making it a similar class based on astral construct. with the main mechanic being capturing animals and magical beasts, then making them into summonable minions. like pokiemon! with ravening dragons but still... seemed so much fun.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-11, 11:11 PM
I have had this idea for a summoner rolling around for a while... and i would like to see if you could make something great from it. I liked the idea of soul gems from Relms of chaos's ashen necromancer, and already have permison
look, documentation!

was planing on making it a similar class based on astral construct. with the main mechanic being capturing animals and magical beasts, then making them into summonable minions. like pokiemon! with ravening dragons but still... seemed so much fun.

Interesting. Would this be a base class or a prestige class, and if a prestige class, what kind of entry would you want? (I assume some kind of conjurer)

bobthe6th
2012-01-11, 11:26 PM
base class I think... that would give it more progression, and let the fun develope over 20 levels rather then compressing it to 5-10.

now some off spouting of thoughts. so, you create orbs that can capture an unconsious monster(defined as magical beast or vermin). you take the monster, and make a build for it based on its type and your level. you get x number of build points per monster per level, and you build them from the ground up. the monster is fluffed to look like the origional creature, but crunches as the build. then you can summon them with some sort of limit, perhaps a pp system? like x number of rounds per day they can be out, or have combat abilities powered by them?

the monsters level with you, and later you get more types based on specialization.

what, you said you had time....:smallbiggrin:

Owrtho
2012-01-11, 11:29 PM
3. I refuse to make homebrew that copies, emulates, or steals from another person's homebrew without the creator's permission. (For example, if you wanted something based on the amazingly popular ozodrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536) base class, or even just using Form Point mechanics, you would need to ask owrtho for his permission before I would even consider it)

Not really a request or anything, but since you mentioned it I figure I'd mention that you or anyone else who feels so inclined to create homebrew based off or using any of my work may freely do so provided that credit is given.

Owrtho

Amechra
2012-01-11, 11:32 PM
You know, I have recently wondered what Psionics would be like if, instead of using a point system, you used a bunch of Psionic Foca that were "attuned" to a given power, which you could then use semi-at will.

There would be a limit on how many Foca you could have invested simultaneously, of course, and some sort of recharge...

---

Alternatively, I would love to see a Martial discipline using some of the same mechanics as the Channel spells in PHB2 (I.e., lengthen the casting time for greater effect.)

I wouldn't need a full Discipline, just a few maneuvers would do (alternatively, do it as a PrC for either one of the official disciplines or use on of The Demented One's disciplines; all of them are free to use.)

Kenneth
2012-01-11, 11:46 PM
NEOSERAPHI!!!!! i have a request..

I want a Chevalier.. a Mounted fighter.. full base attack good will good fortitude d10 HP.

and he gets a modified type of skirmish abiklity. in that when making a charge attack while riding a mount he deals +1d8 dmg and gains 1 AC this starts at 1st lele and contiues every 3rd levle afterwards so itd look something like this
1st +1d8/+1AC
4th +2d8/+2AC
7th +3d8/+3AC

so on and so forth.. as this is momenttum based damage. creatures immune to prescicion and ciritcal attacks are not immune to this.

I have been tossing this class back and forth in my mind for a while.. what I envision is a class that if out in the open where they can fight mounted, well.. they are practically untoppable... if unmounted they are still capable warriors tough. SO giving them some of the Knight's abilities and maybe some marshal Auras would be good I think.

anywyas.. I think you could do a much better job of this than myself so hecven why i posted this class concept I had.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-11, 11:50 PM
NEOSERAPHI!!!!! i have a request..

I want a Chevalier.. a Mounted fighter.. full base attack good will good fortitude d10 HP.

and he gets a modified type of skirmish abiklity. in that when making a charge attack while riding a mount he deals +1d8 dmg and gains 1 AC this starts at 1st lele and contiues every 3rd levle afterwards so itd look something like this
1st +1d8/+1AC
4th +2d8/+2AC
7th +3d8/+3AC

so on and so forth.. as this is momenttum based damage. creatures immune to prescicion and ciritcal attacks are not immune to this.

I have been tossing this class back and forth in my mind for a while.. what I envision is a class that if out in the open where they can fight mounted, well.. they are practically untoppable... if unmounted they are still capable warriors tough. SO giving them some of the Knight's abilities and maybe some marshal Auras would be good I think.

anywyas.. I think you could do a much better job of this than myself so hecven why i posted this class concept I had.

Before I get started on this, I'd like to ask if you've seen my cavalier (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201509) class yet, as it has similar theme and flavor to this...

You know, I have recently wondered what Psionics would be like if, instead of using a point system, you used a bunch of Psionic Foca that were "attuned" to a given power, which you could then use semi-at will.

There would be a limit on how many Foca you could have invested simultaneously, of course, and some sort of recharge...

What do you mean by Foca? Like tattoos, or gems, or what? Where would you keep them? Please elaborate here.

base class I think... that would give it more progression, and let the fun develope over 20 levels rather then compressing it to 5-10.

now some off spouting of thoughts. so, you create orbs that can capture an unconsious monster(defined as magical beast or vermin). you take the monster, and make a build for it based on its type and your level. you get x number of build points per monster per level, and you build them from the ground up. the monster is fluffed to look like the origional creature, but crunches as the build. then you can summon them with some sort of limit, perhaps a pp system? like x number of rounds per day they can be out, or have combat abilities powered by them?

the monsters level with you, and later you get more types based on specialization.

Sounds good! I have to turn in early tonight, but I'll get started on that first thing in the morning. :smallbiggrin:

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-11, 11:56 PM
Ooooo, Seraphi Homebrew(TM) requests now? Is that much awesome even legal?

OK, because I suck at creating monsters and have wanted one for a while, and have been unable to find actual rules for one, I would like to request stats for a werellama.

Also, @bobthe6th: Your guy should probably have some sort of specialization in nonlethal combat, if he has to knock stuff out to catch it.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-11, 11:58 PM

OK, because I suck at creating monsters and have wanted one for a while, and have been unable to find actual rules for one, I would like to request stats for a werellama.

Also, @bobthe6th: Your guy should probably have some sort of specialization in nonlethal combat, if he has to knock stuff out to catch it.

I hope no one is offended, but since this is just a monster instead of a full 10-20 level class, I'll go ahead and tackle this one first.

bobthe6th
2012-01-12, 12:01 AM
Maybe thrown orbs deal nonleathal damage(to creature types you can catch), like d10 level?

Kenneth
2012-01-12, 12:01 AM
Before I get started on this, I'd like to ask if you've seen my cavalier (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201509) class yet, as it has similar theme and flavor to this...

Yes I have seen your cavalier. it not 100% what I was looking for though it is very close.

bobthe6th
2012-01-12, 12:03 AM
I would have no problem leting the easy stuff go first. Just wanted to get the idea to somone who would make it work.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 12:30 AM

The first request is done. Here is your werellama (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12516975#post12516975). In case you were curious, I used the statistics for a camel (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/camel.htm) to make the llama.

Amechra
2012-01-12, 12:32 AM
Foca is the proper pluralization of Focus in Latin.

Sorry, I've just had that drilled into my head by my Latin teacher, so it was force of habit.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 12:32 AM
Foca is the proper pluralization of Focus in Latin.

Sorry, I've just had that drilled into my head by my Latin teacher, so it was force of habit.

I understand that, but "focus" is a pretty broad term, that's why I was curious to see what exactly you had in mind.

Amechra
2012-01-12, 12:35 AM
I was actually talking about the Psionic Focus from the normal Psionics rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/skills/concentration.htm).

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 12:38 AM
I was actually talking about the Psionic Focus from the normal Psionics rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/skills/concentration.htm).

Ooooooh, now I get it. When you said "Foca" and referred to multiple psionic foca at once I assumed you were referring to some kind of physical medium like an arcane focus.

Okay, I can definitely do that for you, sure.

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-12, 12:53 AM
The first request is done. Here is your werellama (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12516975#post12516975). In case you were curious, I used the statistics for a camel (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/camel.htm) to make the llama.

Holy !@#$ you're fast. :smalleek:

My only question is why does it get a +4 bonus to Craft (Basketweaving)? :smallconfused:

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 12:56 AM
Holy !@#$ you're fast. :smalleek:

My only question is why does it get a +4 bonus to Craft (Basketweaving)? :smallconfused:

Humanoid 1 gets 8 skill points. I chose to put 4 in Climb and 4 in Craft (Basketweaving), because I didn't think it was that important that I choose relevant skills.

EdroGrimshell
2012-01-12, 01:10 AM
I've got two

1) A Zshar, see my sig, PrC focused on the Material Emulation feat. It'd be mainly a class that nix's standard magic items and uses it's own personal energy to empower their equipment instead of having already enchanted items as long as the item is made of their own resin. Adding in an alchemy theme is also a good idea, maybe allow alchemy checks while psionically focused to mimic the effects of potions. I'm thinkign a 7th to 10th level entry. If you'd like any more info i can PM you some additional info as i think of it.

2) A PrC involving my aberration feats, also in my sig, I just want to see what someone else can do with them so you can go wild with this one.

The Witch-King
2012-01-12, 02:04 AM
An honest to goodness Technomancer class--a spell casting base class that uses magic and incorporates it into technology: computers, electronics, beam weapons, vehicles, etc. Thanks!

peacenlove
2012-01-12, 05:13 AM
Hallo and thanks for your time first and foremost!
I would like a shadowcaster (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=269) / favored soul theurge PrC, devoted to a deity of death and judgement of souls (think Wee Jas, Kelemvor or Pharasma), who can in short:

-Restore souls that have been destroyed via bargests or other soul annihilating effects. Probably with big penalties and/or with chance of erroneous results. They use memories of the unfortunate person, scattered in the plane of shadows, to recreate his existence.
-Some basic stealth abilities, nothing fancy
-Animate deathless/undead (depending on alignment) that borrow the soul/memories of a fallen champion or even a creature recently deceased. Or a companion, whichever strikes your fancy.
-Scythe proficiency is a must :smallbiggrin: Okay you can ignore this
-Acts as secret police, specialized in locating/combating creatures that use the souls of others or magically extend their age.
-Don't care about length, it can be 5, 10 or 30 levels :smalltongue:

Power should be High Tier 3, think Dread necromancer effectiveness. Don't care if its 3rd edition or Pathfinder, I am familiar with both systems and can retool it as needed.
Oh and of course I give my permission to use my material as you see fit :smallbiggrin:

Delegreg
2012-01-12, 01:28 PM
Hi powerful NeoSeraphi,

may the dark lords praise your name till the end of times... and maybe just a bit later :smallwink:

I'm re-requesting some homebrew for a poor little female facing the harsh world of the Shackled City AP...

I'm playing a succubus in a gestalt game (actually a redeemed* succubus/spellthief), i'm soon enough going to get the Alternate Form ability, which as specified for the succubus is humanoids only.

Problem is, i'm not finding anything that could improve on this ability.

So i'm in need of a feat, an ACF, magical item, additional racial levels (i'm using the revised savage species progression) or whatever to allow me to gradually add more creature types to my Alternate Form power.

The ones i'm most interested of are Fey, Monstrous Humanoids, Outsiders, and Aberrations.
(Why in the Abyss can't a succubus turn into a dryad, siren, ghaele or female minotaur, while a phasm can ? Lord Demorgorgon pray for me !!)

I know there are balance issues with the Alternate Form Ability, and I'm biased since this is my character, so would any of you brilliant Homebrewers cook something up for me ?

* : Redeemed is a template from book of templates, deluxe edition, aimed at evil outsiders. You lose summoning, energy drain, 2 points of LA, and all evil spell likes and characteristic are replaced with good-aligned equivalents (so i got DR/evil, lucky me) ;-)
Also comes with some flavorful aura and touch effects, my choice was friendship aura and minor charm touch.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 01:42 PM
Yes I have seen your cavalier. it not 100% what I was looking for though it is very close.

Since you like it, I decided to make an Alternate Class Feature. If you go back to the original thread, you'll notice I added the requested skirmish ability to the cavalier in exchange for his maneuver progression. I hope that is close to what you were wanting. If it's not, please tell me and I will of course make a whole new base class.

Delegreg, I'll get on yours right now, shouldn't take long, then I'll focus on Amechra's psionic system, since he's being so patient with me.

TravelLog
2012-01-12, 01:45 PM
1) A PrC for my Kensei. Can it be done and done well?
2) A PrC for my Arbiter class.
3) A challenge. Make a class, base or otherwise, that has a very small number of class features in and of itself, but whose abilities hinge on the enemies it faces and/or its fellow party members.

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-12, 01:58 PM
A challenge. Make a class, base or otherwise, that has a very small number of class features in and of itself, but whose abilities hinge on the enemies it faces and/or its fellow party members.

I second this request, as I've wanted something like this for a while but have been unable to come up with a way to pull it off.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 02:16 PM
Hi powerful NeoSeraphi,

may the dark lords praise your name till the end of times... and maybe just a bit later :smallwink:

I'm re-requesting some homebrew for a poor little female facing the harsh world of the Shackled City AP...

I'm playing a succubus in a gestalt game (actually a redeemed* succubus/spellthief), i'm soon enough going to get the Alternate Form ability, which as specified for the succubus is humanoids only.

Problem is, i'm not finding anything that could improve on this ability.

So i'm in need of a feat, an ACF, magical item, additional racial levels (i'm using the revised savage species progression) or whatever to allow me to gradually add more creature types to my Alternate Form power.

The ones i'm most interested of are Fey, Monstrous Humanoids, Outsiders, and Aberrations.
(Why in the Abyss can't a succubus turn into a dryad, siren, ghaele or female minotaur, while a phasm can ? Lord Demorgorgon pray for me !!)

I know there are balance issues with the Alternate Form Ability, and I'm biased since this is my character, so would any of you brilliant Homebrewers cook something up for me ?

* : Redeemed is a template from book of templates, deluxe edition, aimed at evil outsiders. You lose summoning, energy drain, 2 points of LA, and all evil spell likes and characteristic are replaced with good-aligned equivalents (so i got DR/evil, lucky me) ;-)
Also comes with some flavorful aura and touch effects, my choice was friendship aura and minor charm touch.

Unfortunately, the Alternate Form ability is quite powerful, so the only thing I could do to keep balance (especially since you're trying to get this approved for a real game) was make you a 10 level prestige class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12519495). I hope it is suitable to your purposes.

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-12, 02:26 PM
Hey..........Nice to see you Alastar.

Inside jokes aside, Can you make a Loremaster-like baseclass. But there is a twist. Its not about skill checks but Dark lore or something like that.

Sortof like a "Crazy, deadly, Creepy Bookworm" kind. Its all up too you to forge your own death Alastar.

If you get to it, can you PM it please?

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 03:12 PM

This is probably the most hard-to-balance homebrew I have ever attempted, but here is the first draft (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12519822). It'll probably need a day or two of PEACH before I get it just right.

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-12, 03:25 PM
I have one other request to make, but before I do, I have a question: have you ever played the Golden Sun series of games? First two were for Game Boy Advance, third was for the DS.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 03:33 PM
I have one other request to make, but before I do, I have a question: have you ever played the Golden Sun series of games? First two were for Game Boy Advance, third was for the DS.

Golden Sun is frickin awesome, but I haven't beaten the second or third one yet. (Played the DS one, never beat it. Never played the second one)

Noctis Vigil
2012-01-12, 03:42 PM
Oh man, get Lost Age, it was the best of them, and that's saying a lot. I like those games so much I actually have a mostly finished guide for the first one stating how to play through the game One Character Clear style (although Isaac is the only one I've currently OCCed it successfully with) and a bunch of ideas to create a tabletop Golden Sun game. But I digress.

My request is both simple and complicated: I want the djinn from Golden Sun. As creatures, they shouldn't be hard to create. As a working battle mechanic like they exist in the games, not so much. I just really want to see what a really good attempt at putting them in 3.5 would look like.

TravelLog
2012-01-12, 05:44 PM
Oh man, get Lost Age, it was the best of them, and that's saying a lot. I like those games so much I actually have a mostly finished guide for the first one stating how to play through the game One Character Clear style (although Isaac is the only one I've currently OCCed it successfully with) and a bunch of ideas to create a tabletop Golden Sun game. But I digress.

My request is both simple and complicated: I want the djinn from Golden Sun. As creatures, they shouldn't be hard to create. As a working battle mechanic like they exist in the games, not so much. I just really want to see what a really good attempt at putting them in 3.5 would look like.

I second both of these points.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 07:44 PM
1) A Zshar, see my sig, PrC focused on the Material Emulation feat. It'd be mainly a class that nix's standard magic items and uses it's own personal energy to empower their equipment instead of having already enchanted items as long as the item is made of their own resin. Adding in an alchemy theme is also a good idea, maybe allow alchemy checks while psionically focused to mimic the effects of potions. I'm thinkign a 7th to 10th level entry. If you'd like any more info i can PM you some additional info as i think of it.

Here you go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12521232). I'm not entirely happy with it, but it can Brew Potions, Craft Rings, etc without being a caster based on psionic awesomeness and resin shenanigans. Hope it's what you wanted.

TravelLog
2012-01-12, 11:18 PM
Not a request, so much as a suggestion. To avoid confusion, you may wish to create a "To Do List" and "Completed List" in your first post, for purposes of your sanity, and for other people to realize that there are already requests before their own.

Also, great job so far.

Edit: I'll also throw in something else. If you do manage to complete a PrC for my Kensei (when you get to everything before it first, naturally) that meets my hopes and expectations, I will provide the most eloquent, ringing endorsement of Seraphi Homebrew (TM) that you've ever seen. It will be a thing of magnificence.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 11:28 PM
Okay, good idea. It's finished.

Amechra
2012-01-13, 12:53 AM
I would like to respectfully request a PrC for my Salvager (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228049&page=2) base Class.

And I would like to add...

Pretty please? With sugar and candy on top?

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 12:55 AM
I would like to respectfully request a PrC for my Salvager (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228049&page=2) base Class.

And I would like to add...

Pretty please? With sugar and candy on top?

But of course, however, please name a few specific class features or points that you'd like expanded on, so I can get an idea for what you're looking for.

Amechra
2012-01-13, 01:14 AM
I would like an expansion on the Improvised Equipment ability, hopefully as part of a Theurgic class, so that they can basically use Improvised Equipment on touch spells.

ScrambledBrains
2012-01-13, 01:36 AM
Seraphi, as one of the best homebrewers on this site, and also one of the ones whose work is flat-out allowed in any campaigns I DM, I could probably bog you down with tons of requests for things I've always wanted in a DnD game. However, to be fair to both others on this site who possess their own requests, and to you so I don't suck up tons of your time, I've decided to limit myself to one or two a week, max.

That prologue out of the way, I have my first request, involving one of the system's many ideas that failed in execution-Poisons. Their drawbacks are well known-The risk of self-poisoning, the weak DC's, the creatures that are immune to it so it's a waste of time, and to top it all off, it's highly ineffective cost-wise as well.(Note my restraint at not mentioning the whole, "Does Poison make one evil, and if so how are Ravages any different?" debate. :smallbiggrin: )

What I'm looking for is one of two things, though if you can swing both, you'd become even more awesome in my book.

1) Some new poisons that have higher DC's and lower prices...and maybe some stronger effects on a failed save.

2) A class, Base or Prestige, doesn't matter, that not only is not only more effecient at poison delivery into an enemy, but also finds ways to bypass poison immunities. Being himself immune to poison(Except for that delivered by another member of the same class.) would also be nice...or anything else you can think of...go nuts. :smallbiggrin:

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 01:39 AM
Seraphi, as one of the best homebrewers on this site, and also one of the ones whose work is flat-out allowed in any campaigns I DM, I could probably bog you down with tons of requests for things I've always wanted in a DnD game. However, to be fair to both others on this site who possess their own requests, and to you so I don't suck up tons of your time, I've decided to limit myself to one or two a week, max.

That prologue out of the way, I have my first request, involving one of the system's many ideas that failed in execution-Poisons. Their drawbacks are well known-The risk of self-poisoning, the weak DC's, the creatures that are immune to it so it's a waste of time, and to top it all off, it's highly ineffective cost-wise as well.(Note my restraint at not mentioning the whole, "Does Poison make one evil, and if so how are Ravages any different?" debate. :smallbiggrin: )

What I'm looking for is one of two things, though if you can swing both, you'd become even more awesome in my book.

1) Some new poisons that have higher DC's and lower prices...and maybe some stronger effects on a failed save.

2) A class, Base or Prestige, doesn't matter, that not only is not only more effecient at poison delivery into an enemy, but also finds ways to bypass poison immunities. Being himself immune to poison(Except for that delivered by another member of the same class.) would also be nice...or anything else you can think of...go nuts. :smallbiggrin:

Well, I can knock out that first one in 10 minutes right now, so I'll do that, but unfortunately afterwards I'm going to have to ask you get on the waiting list for that class.

ScrambledBrains
2012-01-13, 01:44 AM
Well, I can knock out that first one in 10 minutes right now, so I'll do that, but unfortunately afterwards I'm going to have to ask you get on the waiting list for that class.

...You are awesome. I have absolutely no trouble with waiting, so go right ahead. Finally, I'll have Poisons that don't make me wanna rip my character sheet in twain. :smallbiggrin:

mrcarter11
2012-01-13, 01:55 AM
Well, I asked two others about this, neither could do it, so let us see if you can.

I'm hoping for a base class, that uses maneuvers, however, that doesn't need to ready them. A sorcerer version of sorts. I'd like it to be more along the lines of a swordsage then either of the others, but that's up to you. And yes, I have seen a class that did it, however, I was unsatisfied for a few reasons, I'm hoping you can do better. I know it may take a while, I'm happy to wait.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 02:14 AM
...You are awesome. I have absolutely no trouble with waiting, so go right ahead. Finally, I'll have Poisons that don't make me wanna rip my character sheet in twain. :smallbiggrin:

Here's some to start (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12522912). Might help you get some ideas for others. The feats are the real gold, though.

ScrambledBrains
2012-01-13, 02:19 AM
Here's some to start (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12522912). Might help you get some ideas for others. The feats are the real gold, though.

Ideas for poisons you mean?

And yes, they are. :smallcool:

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 02:23 AM
Ideas for poisons you mean?

Yes. The main problem with damage is that in the end, if a creature even has one hit point left, you've not taken it out of the fight. Ability damage is much the same way. You can inflict some nice penalties, sure, but if you're using up valuable gold resources, rather than just a class feature, you want that creature down for the count. So poisons should definitely have more destructive abilities than ability damage. Things like exhaustion, petrification and nausea will help you accomplish your goals better, and Toxic Conservation will make it so that if you do choose to use the ability damage route, you won't have wasted all your gold if you roll a 1 on the ability damage dice your first attack with it.

ScrambledBrains
2012-01-13, 02:27 AM
Yes. The main problem with damage is that in the end, if a creature even has one hit point left, you've not taken it out of the fight. Ability damage is much the same way. You can inflict some nice penalties, sure, but if you're using up valuable gold resources, rather than just a class feature, you want that creature down for the count. So poisons should definitely have more destructive abilities than ability damage. Things like exhaustion, petrification and nausea will help you accomplish your goals better, and Toxic Conservation will make it so that if you do choose to use the ability damage route, you won't have wasted all your gold if you roll a 1 on the ability damage dice your first attack with it.

Hmmm, very good point. To my books for research I go! :smallbiggrin:

Elfstone
2012-01-13, 09:38 AM
Before ou get swamped I'll throw in my request. It's rather ambitious, and I don't know you well enough to know if you support my views, but never the less, I shall ask.

Can you make a sneaky type(Rogue/skill monkey archetype) that is on par with Travels Kensai(for melee) or the sorcerer? Basically a tier 1 or 2 class that can sneak and not suck at it.

I promise to give a even more glowing praise than travel. It will take some time though.

Are you game?

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 11:16 AM
Before ou get swamped I'll throw in my request. It's rather ambitious, and I don't know you well enough to know if you support my views, but never the less, I shall ask.

Can you make a sneaky type(Rogue/skill monkey archetype) that is on par with Travels Kendai(for melee) or the sorcerer? Basically a tier 1 or 2 class that can sneak and not suck at it.

I promise to give a even more glowing praise than travel. It will take some time though.

Are you game?

Challenge Accepted (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12524294)

fye121
2012-01-13, 11:57 PM
Hi Seraphi , i always happy to read your class , there are well made. i have a
request for you, it would be a base class base on nen from hunter x hunter, if you could create the class so we can use Nen from dnd it would be great .

here a link if you need more info on nen http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nen

I love NeoSeraphi homebrew (TM) ^^ Thank you for all your work.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-14, 12:05 AM
Hi Seraphi , i always happy to read your class , there are well made. i have a request for you, it would be a base class base on nen from hunter x hunter, if you could create the class so we can use Nen from dnd it would be great .

I'll give it a shot. No promises though, I've often found it's very difficult to emulate a magic ability from a show or game without actually having watched the show or played the game.

togapika
2012-01-14, 03:19 AM
Can you make a hippo related prestige class? I mean this as a serious PRC (albeit perhaps lighthearted) that could be used in an actual game.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-14, 09:25 AM
Can you make a hippo related prestige class? I mean this as a serious PRC (albeit perhaps lighthearted) that could be used in an actual game.

I'll need you to expand on that a bit, please. Hippo-related is very vague. What exactly would you like the class to be able to do?

bobthe6th
2012-01-14, 12:50 PM
slightly simpler request:
I am planing on revamping the blaster(heck making it five different classes...). the problem is I want to give two of them spells without just giving it a spell list or just giving the full wizard list for selection.

the request, some domains. based on this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizardVariantDomainWiz ard) but with more utility emphasis, and more specialization. I would modle it after the antimagic domain...

some devine domains based on similar spells, and some psionic mantles(from CP) would be nice as well.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-14, 12:52 PM
slightly simpler request:
I am planing on revamping the blaster(heck making it five different classes...). the problem is I want to give two of them spells without just giving it a spell list or just giving the full wizard list for selection.

the request, some domains. based on this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizardVariantDomainWiz ard) but with more utility emphasis, and more specialization. I would modle it after the antimagic domain...

some devine domains based on similar spells, and some psionic mantles(from CP) would be nice as well.

Oh, geez, you have no idea how happy I am to hear that. I really have been trying to work on your request but I have no idea how to even get started with it. :smallsigh:

*cracks knuckles* Let's see...I'll go with seven domains for now and see if that's enough. Hopefully it'll take less than 30 minutes.

Edit: If it's all the same to you, I've had quite a few psionic requests already, I need a break from looking at that stuff for now. But I'll make 7 arcane domains and three divine domains for a total of 10 new spell lists for you

bobthe6th
2012-01-14, 12:59 PM
sweet. This was one of the major problems I had starting the poject. now off to make stupid amounts of classes.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 06:06 PM
I'd like to see a base class designed around assuming aspects of nature, whether that be animal, plant, or geographic. I would like it to be entirely Extraordinary in nature for the normal class features, but if you find the inspiration, a secondary magic system based around using leylines (ley points (PP)? Ley-foci (invocations)? I don't know.) for the more magical effects would be great too. The class should be able to shift between chosen aspects on a whim, picking and choosing which of the different types they have active at any time. As an example, for the "Movement Aspect" they might emulate a hawk, gaining a massive bonus to jump checks and a glide speed, but for the "Senses Aspect" they might emulate a mole or something, gaining blindsense/tremorsense, even while they have the Hawk aspect active.

That might be terribly complicated, but my schedule is too full recently to make this thing, and I'd really like to see it done. I have faith in Seraphi Homebrew™ to make it happen.

The picture that inspired the idea, if you're interested:http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/031/9/3/white_dove_by_nuriko_kun-d38gh3l.jpg

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-14, 09:03 PM
My request (because Ive got my own campaign to run) a Deadman class from Deadman Wonderland. It's like this http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/351/8/9/deadman_wonderland_cg_by_lazyaznkid-d352t5j.jpg
and this http://i19.mangareader.net/deadman-wonderland/17/deadman-wonderland-796133.jpg and this http://i19.mangareader.net/deadman-wonderland/1/deadman-wonderland-795353.jpg Not for the faint of heart.Do not read before bed, and do not set theme song on endless loop then put music thingy in charger, then go to bed with earplugs in. Ever. Or your mind will be 1% as twisted as mine.

flabort
2012-01-14, 11:45 PM
My request is base class where you create minions from your own life force/blood/whatever. You take damage, or something, and you gain this little minion thing; You can reabsorb them, and use more than one type. Letting the minions combine in to shore up weaknesses/become more powerful/negate damage would be a nice touch, but not necessary.

This should be a non-caster class (although some Su effects wouldn't hurt that). It's minions should be weak enough that using more than one at once is justified, but there should be repercussions for letting them get killed/destroyed. And each minion should be based off of some basic form, with some modification; with X number of bases known and Y modifications. So a flying base form could be used, with a modification that makes it a ranged attacker with less hp. Or maybe just one base form with X modifications, and more than one can be used.

Perhaps T2 or T3. And it's minions should be capable of independent decision making (although if their a part of him, which they should be, it's in his favor, always, AKA not up to DM).

Deepbluediver
2012-01-15, 07:30 PM
I'm not really good at coming up with ideas for new brand new things myself, but am I allowed to request a review of some of my own homebrew?

I finally got the basic rules for my magic-nerf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228876) posted, but I feel like the size of the post might be scaring people away.
I'm really just hoping to get a second opinion on wether it falls more towards "Ok, this looks good" or "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!? The horror! Teh horror!!!"

eftexar
2012-01-15, 07:49 PM
I would like to see a class that revolves around the use of paper. If you could avoid spellcasting or psionics that would be great (though other systems like invocations I'm all for).
I'm thinking something like from the character Konan (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Konan), from Naruto, but less ninja-y.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-15, 07:51 PM
I would like to see a class that revolves around the use of paper. If you could avoid spellcasting or psionics that would be great (though other systems like invocations I'm all for).
I'm thinking something like from the character Konan (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Konan), from Naruto, but less ninja-y.

Gotcha, I'll do that too.

Deepbluediver
2012-01-15, 11:02 PM

There are two other sources I could recomend for inspiration: the anime series Read or Die, which has characters that can control and manipulate paper, and a recent episode of the Thundercats Remake (S1E11) which has the titular kitties visiting a forest with papercraft users.

Both series have a character who makes paper animals (sort of like summon spells, I guess), and other uses include paper weapons, trapping enemies in paper, magic spells with ink drawn on the paper, and even flight with paper wings. Neither one is very ninja-like.

*oops, hang on a second, my inner kid is showing...*

flabort
2012-01-16, 12:20 PM
Until I Get Down to only Three or Fewer Requests Pending, I Will Not Accept Anymore Requests. Please Do Not Post Any Others. Thank You.

Now, we gotta wait for 5 results to request again. Anyone want to count down with me? :smalltongue:

mrcarter11
2012-01-16, 02:58 PM
So was I just skipped over? I mean, I guess the request was kinda difficult, I just thought you at least acknowledge it, or tell Me you couldn't..

Or I'm guessing what really happened is you just didn't see my request. Post 45. If you could let Me know?

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-16, 03:01 PM
So was I just skipped over? I mean, I guess the request was kinda difficult, I just thought you at least acknowledge it, or tell Me you couldn't..

Or I'm guessing what really happened is you just didn't see my request. Post 45. If you could let Me know?

Not at all! If you noticed, I added your request to the list of Pendings, #3, in the order it came in. I'm sorry, I just didn't feel like verbally responding to every request, though I suppose responding to some and not others would seem rude.

I'm definitely thinking about yours though, along with the others I have, and I apologize for the wait.

mrcarter11
2012-01-16, 03:06 PM
Ah, yeah my bad. I didn't check prior pages since I thought you responded to each one. I'd like to say that my post was meant more as a sarcastic joke, but after reading it, I sounded like more of jerk then I ever ment to.

No need to worry about the wait. Your doing us a service, we should be happy to await your creations..

P.S. Love the new knight class. Looking for somewhere to play it currently.

mrcarter11
2012-01-16, 03:14 PM
Hey Circle of Life, not quite what your looking for, by just for something similar to what your asking for, you ever look at the D20r Druid?

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-16, 03:15 PM
Ah, yeah my bad. I didn't check prior pages since I thought you responded to each one. I'd like to say that my post was meant more as a sarcastic joke, but after reading it, I sounded like more of jerk then I ever ment to.

No need to worry about the wait. Your doing us a service, we should be happy to await your creations..

P.S. Love the new knight class. Looking for somewhere to play it currently.

Hey, no worries. :smallsmile: It was a genuinely normal reaction to think that I might have missed you. And hey, if you like the knight, please offer up some PEACH in that class! I was hoping to get some feedback for it.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-17, 02:40 PM
I apologize to the people currently waiting on requests, but I'm going to have to stop this. I was hoping it would last a lot longer (I wanted to do it for at least a month) but unfortunately, between my little sister coming over a lot more (she's adorable, but a handful) and finally getting a new job, I barely have enough time to come up with my own homebrew, let alone tackling requests.

:eek: :redface:

I am really really really sorry. I feel awful for all of you guys, and I hope you all manage to get some inspiration for your own work. Particularly CoL's and mrcarter11's, I really liked both of your ideas, I just had trouble putting them into actual text.

Funinyourgame
2012-02-06, 11:29 PM
Hello NeoSeraphi how are you?

I'm good FYI. I'm not going to ask you anything, just wanted to know how things are going these day? I ask because I saw some recent work from you and wanted to know if you work on the list or not (I really hope things gonna get better, want the Nen user base class ^^'). Feel free to awnser anytime, I'm not in a rush to know.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day :smallcool:

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-06, 11:34 PM
Hello NeoSeraphi how are you?

I'm good FYI. I'm not going to ask you anything, just wanted to know how things are going these day? I ask because I saw some recent work from you and wanted to know if you work on the list or not (I really hope things gonna get better, want the Nen user base class ^^'). Feel free to awnser anytime, I'm not in a rush to know.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day :smallcool:

I'm not great actually. Been busy with work and with FF XIII-2, and my best friend is having major surgery on Thursday so I'm going to his apartment for a few days to see him and make sure he's okay. Unfortunately I'm probably not going to have time to get to these requests for a while, if ever. :smallfrown: