PDA

View Full Version : Looking for gm/dm threads

Cravix
2012-01-12, 11:28 AM
Is it me or are these really annoying. I mean a lot of them impose restrictions on the DM for the game thats being run. I just feel if you are gonna advertise a game you should be ready to run it yourself.

Eloel
2012-01-12, 11:31 AM
Stay away from threads that sound annoying to you: Problem solved.

On a more on-topic note, if those threads have not worked in past, they wouldn't be spawning. If they are working, than yay, there are more and more games that are played, more fun for the players AND the DM who went "wow, I'd totally run that game" on the idea.

Tyndmyr
2012-01-12, 12:49 PM
Is it me or are these really annoying. I mean a lot of them impose restrictions on the DM for the game thats being run. I just feel if you are gonna advertise a game you should be ready to run it yourself.

Why is this any different than a DM recruiting players and imposing restrictions on what they play? I have no objection to either one, provided they are advertised accurately.

If it works, kudos.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-12, 01:48 PM

Not really. You want to play a game in a specific way, and you're asking if anyone else would also like to play it in that manner. Considering people volunteer for these games, there isn't really anything annoying about them.