PDA

View Full Version : Request: Never Trust a Beautiful Woman, Especially One Who's Interested in You

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 02:14 PM
The Temptress

A succubus is a deadly vixen, but she is able to coerce her prey quite nicely, as long as they're humanoids. However, certain succubi desire more...challenging meals. These are the temptresses. And they are by far the most dangerous.

Prerequisites:
In order to become a temptress, you must meet the following prerequisites:

Race: Succubus
Skills: Bluff 11 ranks, Diplomacy 11 ranks
Special: Must have the alternate form ability

HD: d8
Class Skills: The temptress's class skills are Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (All skills, taken individually), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive and Spot.
Class Skills: 6+Int per level

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|Improved Alternate Form 1/day, Form of the Beast

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Form of the Forest

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Improved Alternate Form 2/day, Form of the Monster

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Form of the Giant

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Improved Alternate Form 3/day, Form of the Dungeondweller

6th|+6|+5|+2|+5|Form of the Outsider

7th|+7|+5|+2|+5|Improved Alternate Form 4/day, Form of the Five Energies

8th|+8|+6|+2|+6|Form of the Afterlife

9th|+9|+6|+3|+6|Improved Alternate Form At-Will, Form of the Dragon

10th|+10|+7|+3|+7|Master of Forms
[/table]

Class Features: The following are the class features of the temptress.

Improved Alternate Form (Su): The temptress is able to assume the form of creatures other than humanoids and draw upon their powers. Once per day, she may assume the form of any creature of the type she has unlocked through this class feature. The creature may not have more HD than the temptress's total hit dice.

This ability otherwise functions like the alternate form ability, granting the temptress the creature's natural weapons, natural armor, attacks, physical ability scores, and etc. She retains her mental ability scores, her alignment, her spellcasting, spell-like abilities, and her supernatural abilities unless the new form would be physically unable to use them (such as a temptress with a breath weapon transforming into a creature with no mouth)

Unlike most alternate form abilities, the temptress retains her ability to speak regardless of the form she takes. If the form she takes would be physically unable to speak (such as a form with no mouth), she does not retain her ability to speak, but a form that would normally be unable to form words (such as an animal) can still speak and form verbal components.

A temptress is able to use this ability one additional time per day per odd class level, until she gets to level 9, where it becomes usable at-will. Transforming back to her true form does not consume a daily use of Improved Alternate Form.

Form of the Beast: At first level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature of the animal type with her Improved Alternate Form ability. While in animal form, she may continuously speak with animals, as the spell. If this ability is suppressed or dispelled it automatically resumes on the temptress's turn as a free action (assuming that the Alternate Form ability was not also suppressed or dispelled)

Form of the Forest: At second level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature of the Fey type with her Improved Alternate Form ability. While in Fey form, the temptress is able to speak and understand Sylvan and Druidic, even if she does not speak those languages normally. This does not qualify her for any special prestige classes, such as the Fochulan Lyricist class. A temptress in Fey form does not actually possess the Sylvan or Druidic languages, and so she may not teach them to anyone else.

Form of the Monster: At third level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature with the monstrous humanoid type.

Form of the Giant: At fourth level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature with the giant type. While in giant form, the temptress is able to speak and understand the Giant language.

Form of the Dungeondweller: At 5th level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature with the aberration type. While in aberration form, the temptress may make Psicraft checks as if she had ranks in them, and receives a +10 insight bonus to her Psicraft checks made to identify a power or psi-like ability being manifested.

Form of the Outsider: At 6th level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature with the Outsider type. While in outsider form, she gains the ability to speak and understand Infernal and Celestial, as well as Abyssal if she somehow does not already speak it.

Form of the Five Energies: At 7th level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature with the Elemental type. While in Elemental form, she gains the ability to speak and understand Ignan, Auran, Terran, and Aquan.

Form of the Afterlife: At 8th level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature with the undead type. She may either take the form of an intelligent undead, or may apply the zombie or skeleton template to any other form she could normally take that qualifies for it.

Form of the Dragon: At 9th level, the temptress gains the ability to assume the form of any creature with the dragon type. While in dragon form, she is able to speak and understand Draconic.

Master of Forms (Su): Starting at 10th level, the temptress finally masters her alternate form ability. She gains the shapechanger subtype, and becomes immune to transmutation spells and effects unless she chooses to let them effect her. She also gains the ability to speak and understand all languages in all forms (including her true form), as if she were continuously affected by the tongues spell. This is a supernatural ability that resumes automatically on the temptress's turn as a free action if it is suppressed or dispelled.

Yitzi
2012-01-13, 11:10 AM
How does a succubus get Alternate Form? (The racial ability for succubi is Change Shape, not Alternate Form.)

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 11:14 AM
How does a succubus get Alternate Form? (The racial ability for succubi is Change Shape, not Alternate Form.)

No idea. The request said "I have Alternate Form from the racial levels for succubus in Savage Species". I don't have Savage Species, so I can't confirm or deny it, I just did what he asked me to do.

Delegreg
2012-01-13, 11:44 AM
Hi guys,

First of all, All praise the Mighty NeoSeraph for his availability, kindness and swiftness to homebrew !!!

The succubus was from the original Monster Manual, and has been errata'ed (originally had polymorph, corrected to alternate form) along with many shape changers...

Savage Species was published for 3.0. I found the 3.5 version of the succubus monster class progression table (http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/80102-savage-species-succubus-3-5-a.html) on the ENWorld forums.

Just a little thing, Oh Mighty Seraphim. The succubus already has natural telepathy to 100 ft, so this ability in form of the dungeondweller is a bit redundant. Feel free to remove it, and again many many thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for.

Cya

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 11:47 AM
Hi guys,

First of all, All praise the Mighty NeoSeraph for his availability, kindness and swiftness to homebrew !!!

The succubus was from the original Monster Manual, and has been errata'ed (originally had polymorph, corrected to alternate form) along with many shape changers...

Savage Species was published for 3.0. I found the 3.5 version of the succubus monster class progression table (http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/80102-savage-species-succubus-3-5-a.html) on the ENWorld forums.

Just a little thing, Oh Mighty Seraphim. The succubus already has natural telepathy to 100 ft, so this ability in form of the dungeondweller is a bit redundant. Feel free to remove it, and again many many thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for.

Cya

Oh, right. Fixed, thanks.

Delegreg
2012-01-13, 12:12 PM
Not at all !

Thanks to YOU :smallwink:

Delegreg
2012-01-16, 12:09 PM
Hi again, may I request you change Concentration for Perform (probably fits better anyway) ?

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-16, 12:11 PM
Hi again, may I request you change Concentration for Perform (probably fits better anyway) ?

Sure, yeah, I can do that.

Delegreg
2012-01-16, 12:34 PM
Geez, you're so quick :smallwink:

I must say this : "I love Seraphi Homebrew (tm) too !"