PDA

View Full Version : Is corpsecrafter strong?

ericgrau
2012-01-12, 03:34 PM
I'm thinking about corpsecrafter+destruction retribution from libris mortis for exploding zombie fun for a wizard of mine. It seems to be a popular option so I'm worried about it being too strong in a low optimization group, especially since we have a lot of new players. So how good is it?

If it helps 2-3 other players might be getting summons and the DM is boosting summoning, but remember summons take an action to summon while zombies do not.

onemorelurker
2012-01-12, 03:43 PM
It's a good feat for a minion-focused necromancer, but if you're not already breaking the game as a Wizard, Corpsecrafter is not going to tip you over the edge.

ericgrau
2012-01-12, 03:46 PM
I plan on stopping with corpsecrafter + destruction retribution without getting other minion boosting feats if that helps. I do however plan on getting fell animate (+3 metamagic, fireballs zombify anything they kill) around level 11.

Alienist
2012-01-12, 04:51 PM
I plan on stopping with corpsecrafter + destruction retribution without getting other minion boosting feats if that helps. I do however plan on getting fell animate (+3 metamagic, fireballs zombify anything they kill) around level 11.

Sadly the zombies from a fell fireball won't get the benefit of corpsecrafter, since fireball is not a necromancy spell.

There's a ring that costs about 4000gp that grants desecrate, that might be just as good?

Urpriest
2012-01-12, 04:54 PM
The issue to worry about here isn't strength, it's clogging up the turn order with minions. Make sure you can efficiently manage the undead's actions so they don't take up too much time at table and you should be fine. Oh, and destructive retribution chicken bombs are probably too cheesy for your group.